3SOF

Public 3SOF Boards => Stock Picking => Topic started by: JMoney on July 07, 2005, 09:15:08 AM

Title: SYNX
Post by: JMoney on July 07, 2005, 09:15:08 AM
This is gonna be crazy today for this stock.

Profile: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=SYNX

Already up 80% in premarket.
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: la-onda on July 07, 2005, 09:25:51 AM
you will buy this one? nice pick (applaud)
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: JMoney on July 07, 2005, 09:29:20 AM
Not now since it gapped, but if you think it'll go higher then I would. My broker is down right now, so no trading fr me today.  :(
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: tommyt on July 22, 2005, 11:07:36 AM
Officially, on fire! +52-60%. And this one actually makes a profit.
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: tommyt on July 22, 2005, 04:02:17 PM
Blow out finish! At the HOD 3.17.
Title: Question: SYNX
Post by: REALDEALS21 on July 25, 2005, 01:29:49 PM
What is the price target ?????
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: ramlau on July 25, 2005, 01:38:49 PM
You don't set a target for a momentum stock like this. You set a few stops you are conformtable with and watch the money flow. Just my very humble opinion.

Ram
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: REALDEALS21 on July 25, 2005, 03:43:32 PM
Anyone think SYNX will GAP UP in the morning ???

Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: ramlau on July 25, 2005, 03:56:09 PM
Hard to say. Looks like plenty of buyers (bagholders?) still haven't sold. I'm not in.

Ram
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: REALDEALS21 on July 25, 2005, 03:57:32 PM
You hear any words of any contracts comming ???
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: ramlau on July 25, 2005, 04:03:07 PM
Nope. Usually they go up and down together in a sector play like this. The only two that are still doing okay are IMX and IPIX (and I bashed it wrongfully today).

What a rollercoaster day with these crazy stocks.

Ram
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: eduardvs on July 25, 2005, 04:09:03 PM
I'm a bagholder with ya.  I'm just hoping/praying for a gap up tomorrow and that this stock is still in play in time to get out.  It has a small float so it's not hard to get it moving.
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: ncham on July 25, 2005, 08:01:22 PM
looks like a great short to me
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: ramlau on July 25, 2005, 09:17:24 PM
I'm not that great a trader, and simply don't have big balls to hold any long or short position in GEPT/SYNX overnight. Good luck tommorow!

Ram
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: VikingFan on July 25, 2005, 10:21:18 PM
Judging from the trading today and the huge, record volume at higher levels, it looks like there are a lot of bagholders who are at a loss now.  Over 19 million shares traded today vs. 12 or 13,000 each day for a few days around the 1.60 area the week before last (after the London bombing), with no fundamentals driving the tripling from there.   Some of the bagholders will try to gap it up and jam it early, but I think that will be met with lots of selling, which will likely send it much lower.  Lots of folks are hoping for a gap to get out. 

Based on fundamentals, this stock looks like it should be much lower eventually -- it's just a matter of how high they can get it in the morning before it breaks.  I'd be careful not to hold this one if it can't get very far tomorrow, as it has a long way to go down and lots of sellers that will force it lower. 
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: stocky on July 25, 2005, 10:27:30 PM
Just like ISON. Thats the sad part of momo stocks. Thats why its so risky to play them and may be due to very high gap at open dave did not buy.
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: VikingFan on July 25, 2005, 10:44:13 PM
Fortunately, after Dave highlighted it, I was able to get in premarket at 4.40 and sold out at 5.54.  I watched it go over 6 with all the crazy momo, but wouldn't dare buy again after getting out.  After the gap and early run, it got extremely risky.
Title: Re: Question: SYNX
Post by: ncham on July 26, 2005, 05:50:03 PM
shorted at 4.98, waiting for the gap to fill ~3.30
Title: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: eduardvs on August 17, 2005, 10:42:45 PM
I hosed myself really good in buying this when it popped @ $5.80  . I almost got out of it at my entry but the thing tanked so quickly my head spun. Then I was like a deer in the headlights and held on hoping it would go back. So now I'm sitting here with a huge loss, just holding hoping for a resuscitation.

I was thinking of buying more and cost averaging down and waiting for it to hit $4 and try to break even. It looks like this could be approaching the bottom or continue it's downfall.

Got any ideas/suggestions? Support, etc.?
Title: Re: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: AussieTrader on August 17, 2005, 10:54:36 PM
Hey Eduard, bad luck and everyones been there, but I'll tell you straight:

Take the loss, learn the lesson.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have to make the money back on SYNX, forget SYNX and make the money back on another play.

Plenty of 'decent' plays out there
Title: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 18, 2005, 10:31:46 AM
Look at your 60 day charts - notice trendlines and breakout point -
Title: Re: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: PerfectSage on August 18, 2005, 10:50:59 AM
I bought SYNC last Friday @ $3.10 in the expectation it was going to take a run at the April $3.75 high. It's worth hanging on to because you can recoup some of your losses. now.

Sorry SYNX is not SYNC.

SYNX um... ...3 week flag possible/probable bullish 2 day candlestick pattern depending on how it closes.

You should be able to recoup a good chunk of your losses in 2/3 weeks.
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 18, 2005, 10:51:09 AM
I'll post charts later as to why I entered a position in SYNX, but one can veryify I put my money on it by seeing this post on the YAHOO MB that I made yesterday.

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7081910&tid=ftec&sid=7081910&mid=5246

I intended to post last night, but had a hot date that kept me distracted, and was too burned out this morning. <sigh>.  ;D
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 18, 2005, 12:50:44 PM
SYNX is a security play...

Synergx Systems, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, distribution, service, and marketing of data communications products and systems with applications in the fire alarm, life safety, transit, security, and communications industries in the United States. It also engineers, distributes, markets, and sells systems and products manufactured by other parties.

Some Facts:

Float 3.28 Million (tiny - prone to lovely volitility)
Shares Outstanding 5.19 Million
Percentage Held by Insiders: 36%
Recent contract news of $450,000 security system order.

I'll keep the charts simple and follow the norm on this site --- Let's hope I have attached them correctly... These are of two year and 30 day views. Notice the large cup with handle formation in the two year chart, and the decending triangle in the 30 day chart.

Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rocket8 on August 18, 2005, 12:53:54 PM
no need for proof like that.  we believe u.

unlike yahoo where longs and (shorts / bashers / haters) work against each other... the 3stocksonfire group is a group of traders who help each other to make money.  i would describe 3stocks as a "professional" board.

good call (applaud)

Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: REALDEALS21 on August 18, 2005, 02:12:26 PM
What is the outlook for tommorrow ?

Can it close above $3 ?, that would be good
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: PerfectSage on August 18, 2005, 02:31:15 PM
Rabidmonk, did you run a TA scan to find SYNX?

I just bought some @$2.94
Title: Re: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: metro on August 19, 2005, 05:42:08 AM
The stock has what appears to be a sort of bull flag (an actual flag needs a flag pole) and note the 62% retrace lines up with a previous high and stock is now just under the 9-day but has 50-day EMA support.

I would buy this on a good volume day over 3.15 with stop back below the 9-day.

The 200-day crossed under the 50-day recently and that is bullish and of course so is the huge volume up day and the smaller vol pullback. If volume comes back then a logical first target would be that 38% line at 4.35 as that now is also close to the top Bollinger band.

(http://xs42.xs.to/pics/05335/synx1808.jpg)


BTW - IMO I do not buy based on what I have already. Each investment - each buy should be based on a risk/reward setup and it is to no advantage to base it on an idea of averaging down etc. (there may be some tax benefit but I use Mark-to-market so do not know)

eduardvs - every trader has made the mistake you did so don't worry too much as lost money can be made up. Check the stock on gaps up and use caution in buying especially if the candle is above the top band as that signals high risk so set tight stops. That way you can play the momo plays and if they happen to be the rare ones that continue up a couple of days your risk is low as you get stopped out if they fail.

the reason a play like this can work is that there were a lot of people who missed the run up form $2 to $6 and wished they had been in it. If it appears as if the stock is taking off again then many will want to rush in to not miss it again. However - there are also people like you who are at a loss and want to get out at higher prices -- that is why big buying pressure is needed to move it back up.
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: KCScott on August 19, 2005, 10:49:21 AM
I'm not as up on TA as the majority on this board.

I have read Cup & Handle is one of the most bullish patterns a stock can form - Is this correct?

Any information on this is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

KCS
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 19, 2005, 11:33:09 AM
Do we have nerves of steel? Or are we easily shaken out?  ;)

Need I suggest how I think this trading today resolves? Ha.

See this next chart --

Good luck, and as always do your own DD and manage your risks.

Rabidmonk ®©
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rickjust on August 19, 2005, 01:04:18 PM



Need I suggest how I think this trading today resolves? Ha.

yes you need .. is it going to rebound today based on the point which you accuratley predicted for 1pm- 2pm,
i am in suspense , and a newbie so would love to hear your resolution for the end of the day .
thanks ,
maxi
Title: Security Stocks
Post by: rabidmonk on August 22, 2005, 09:21:59 AM
A number of Security Stocks look to be poised for upside moves or to finalize new bottoms/bases.

IMX - HISC - SYNX - IPIX - MDII - GEPT

Yes, HISC is a true penny stock, but I felt it deserved mentioning in this group. A significant rise by any in the group with stabilize those that are finding their intermediate bases. Keep these on your watch list...

I'll be entering GEPT and IMX today. Holding SYNX, and watching IPIX with keen interest.

Rabidmonk
Title: Re: Security Stocks
Post by: agatto2 on August 22, 2005, 10:12:48 AM
Why?   ;D
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: KCScott on August 22, 2005, 11:14:32 AM
Thoughts on the action so far this AM?

Sitting at 2.59 as of this message.

Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 22, 2005, 11:50:21 AM
Hi guys,

I'm always suspect of the true motives and actions in stock prices when I see them moved around by 100 share increments on INET, which is what we saw this morning and have seen over the last few weeks as well with this security... I'm especially suspect of such actions in intermediate timeframes on stocks that have had bullish advances within the last two months, and I'm always really really suspect when negative PPS changes don't corelate with TA divergences.

For instance, a simple composite indicator shows such a divergence. The PPS made a new low but the Ultimate oscillator is up from a previous low. I only use this one indicator as an example because most folks can see this in most charting platforms on the market, including the better known free ones.

All in all, the perspective can be boilled down to this: Does one see the glass half empty or half full?  I see and have seen over the last few weeks the development of a bullish play with SYNX, so I see these last few trading days as good entry days, and am not shaken nor alarmed by PPS manipulations. Obviously, that's what they are, because I doubt any of us that trade on INET are so broke that we can only buy 100 shares of a $2.60 stock, know what I'm saying?  ;)

Take care and always do your own DD and manage your risks. My apologies for not responding to direct messages sooner -- Rabidmonk
Title: Re: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: PerfectSage on August 22, 2005, 12:23:40 PM
KC, Yelow dots are the parabolic sar, that I plan on using to time my what out.
Title: Re: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: 422fwhp on August 22, 2005, 12:33:12 PM
I nibbled at $2.60

Title: Re: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: eduardvs on August 22, 2005, 04:58:06 PM
Thx for the input all.  I may buy some more at these levels seeing as they appear to be at the bottom support and hope for a good rise up and out. 

Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 22, 2005, 10:03:35 PM
I believe in being truthful when I learn of news about any security I'm trading, and as I monitor various resources for information, I am as quick as any retail trader on finding info regarding insider trading.

I think I've found one reason for our unusual trading that keeps defying technicals and hamstringing breakout runs. It seems that Genterra Inc. has been liquidating shares over the recent period.

Here is the link:

http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FileName=0000943763%2D05%2D000063%2Etxt&FilePath=%5C2005%5C08%5C22%5C&CoName=SYNERGX+SYSTEMS+INC&FormType=4&RcvdDate=8%2F22%2F2005&pdf=

With that out of the way, perhaps we will see a rebound now.

As always, do your own DD and manage your risks.

Regards, and let's hope the pooch doesn't emit any further yelping sounds -- if you catch my drift.  ;D
Title: Re: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: AussieTrader on August 22, 2005, 11:38:38 PM
Fingers crossed for you, personally I'd be buying at the 200ema / 50sma zone which is currently  around $2.30, looks like that's where SYNX is headed. That area 'should' be good support.
Title: Re: Opinions? What to do with SYNX?
Post by: 422fwhp on August 23, 2005, 12:50:13 AM
...it was just wishful thinking, I'm out.  :-\
Title: Re: Security Stocks
Post by: rabidmonk on August 23, 2005, 11:55:46 AM
Well there runs IPIX -- up 10% on the first leg of its run...

HISC -- up 10%

IMX and GEPT both locked and loaded --

and my beloved SYNX - so technically pinched that I expect it to breakout suddenly and significantly. Perhaps the others will lift interest in security stocks and trigger the event?

Rabidmonk
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: eduardvs on August 23, 2005, 04:41:03 PM
I really hope the downtrend is over, need to recoup big time on this baby as much as possible.  The loss in PPS seems to be slowing here as of late and has a lot of potential to start heading back up.  Considering adding down here to avg down.

Great job on finding the culprit who's been dumping on us.  Not sure I want to know why, but hopefully it's over.
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: PerfectSage on August 23, 2005, 09:08:48 PM
Rabidmonk: Take a look at the 50 & 200 day ma for GBU.TO  They have they pattern that I associate with a proper "cup". The 50 dma had been under the 200 dma for several months. Then the 50 crossed above the 200 and the left rim formed.

While the base of the cup is forming the 50 can stay above or slip below the 200. Eventually the right rim will form.

Right of the bat when I saw GBU.TO this morning, I thought "cup". I'm guessing a handle will form over the next month and then a breakout from the handle will occur. PerfectSage
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: PAtje on August 24, 2005, 08:40:21 AM
Isn't huge insider sales a bad sign?
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: KCScott on August 25, 2005, 01:51:15 AM
On vacation in lovely San Diego, but still checking in - Nice action early, still finished up 6% - Just saw that the last ECN went off at 2.78 - Gap up in the morning?

Just wondering what you guys are thinking about the action on this?

Still long at 2.90 -

KCS
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 25, 2005, 09:09:37 AM
If the market or MMs take it sideways through the day with a median PPS of 2.64, then we are in really good shape for an explosive uptrend.  The same holds true even if it retests 2.45 but not lower.

It will get ugly, unfortunately, if the PPS retraces to the lower trend line at around 2.25.

I favour options #1 and 2,  :D and think that some shorts who are anticipating #3 are going to get a nasty scalping. Especially considering that NYC is a hotbed of contracts ready to boil up -- in other words, an overnight PR on large contract news will see the stock running to new heights and the short traders are aware of it. Sooooo, two more trading days ought to paint the picture for us.

Rabid
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 25, 2005, 02:53:44 PM
Looks like we might see a head fake here that leaves the shorts hurting --

The money flow has been going up the last few days while the PPS made the recent bottom. Everyone might be asleep at the wheel here expecting the PPS to retrace to 2.42 or lower, when in fact, somebody with deep pockets has been placing a lot of masked buys.

I hope I'M RIGHT about this call, because I think we are seeing the last inverted shoulder forming right now -- if such is TRUE, then a breakout of the PPS over 2.70 sends her on the way! I'm posting this at approximately 2:53 Eastern.

Rabid
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: eduardvs on August 25, 2005, 05:43:59 PM
I sure hope it breaks out here sometime soon, but unfortunately this doesn't look quite like a head and shoulders reversal.

http://www.stockcharts.com/education/ChartAnalysis/headShouldersTop.html
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 25, 2005, 11:06:49 PM
The key word on in my last post was the word "inverted".  :)

I'm convinced this is what we have forming in the 60 day charts -- (an INVERTED head and shoulders) as should be anyone watching the painting of the tape at the close today! This pup is being milked of the weak hands now.

See the image of money flow indexes -- MF rising as the PPS was receding... yep! We're gonna ROCK!  ;D
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: KCScott on August 28, 2005, 10:34:25 PM
a 3% jump on Friday - allbeit on low volume, on a down market day?

I also suspect something is up, though I'm not sure.

I'll continue to hold......
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rickjust on August 28, 2005, 11:28:48 PM
here is a simple swing chart for synx,
notice the range of each swing down getting smaller. ready to turn skywards?
maxi
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on August 29, 2005, 02:23:26 PM
Those poor, poor little 100 share bids just somehow keep buying and buying... they must be worn out!  LoL!  ;D -- (yeah - I'm being a wise ass!)

Check out this image.  Do you believe in the power of reflections?  The hall of mirrors?

;)  Rabid
Title: SYNX-
Post by: Irishman on August 31, 2005, 09:23:02 AM
Keep an eye on SYNX today. The stock ran up to $5 at the end of July on no news. Reported so-so earnings 8/11 and has since settled in the $2.60 area. HOWEVER, the gap on the runup has now been filled and I fully expect this stock to move up again. This is strictly a short term technical play as the Float is only 3.5 million with average volume over 500,000. All the best.
Irish
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: KCScott on August 31, 2005, 05:30:07 PM
Genterra Investment company has been dumping a lot of shares (900K) and the stock has taken some hits, maybe it will start heading north now that Genterra is out
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: PerfectSage on September 01, 2005, 09:57:42 AM
I got out @ $2.49. Nice discount  :(
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: eduardvs on September 01, 2005, 10:12:38 PM
I hate to get out so low now.  I held all the way down hoping for a spike and just watching it sink sink sink, stink stink stink and now it just seems pointless having held this long to give my shares up so cheaply.

I know how MM's love to drive us poor shareholders into the ground and force us to give up our shares so cheaply. 

You know it's time to buy when you see blood in the streets!  When everyone else is selling, it just might be time for buying. 
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: rabidmonk on September 02, 2005, 09:53:10 AM
I'm certainly not too happy that some of you may have been routed with this rec...  One can't always forsee the machinations working behind the scenes, and the Genterra purge didn't allow the significant breakout I was anticipating with SYNX.

It looks like it just fishtailed into the "WAFFLE" pattern.... you know the one... it's that crosshatched grid left on one's face after they smack themselves soundly a few dozen times with a tennis racket! DoH!  :-[

Anyway - appologies for a poorly timed call.  Still, in the long term, I can't see this stock receding back under $2.  It's been there, done that, and scooped out of it. I think it's uptrend time - I'm going to (hopefully) sweeten my position at 2.32 this morning. I know that goes against the better judgement and outlook of older wiser traders, but the bottom line is that I trust my TA, despite the afore mentioned Genterra debacle.

As always - do your "OWN" DD and know your own risks.

Regards, Rabid
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: KCScott on September 02, 2005, 02:54:53 PM
There are some rumblings on the Yahoo board regarding SYNX getting the NY Subway CCTV contracts.

This is from the 10Q

QuoteThis order position reflects large orders for several subway complexes which will be deliverable over several years as the projects are released. While quotation activity is brisk, there is no assurance when orders will be received and whether the order position will increase. Due to the fact that the Company's transit products are sold and installed as part of larger mass transit construction projects, there is typically a delay between the booking of the contract and its revenue realization. The order position includes and the Company continues to bid on projects that might include significant subcontractor labor (electrical installation performed by others). The Company expects to be active in seeking orders where the Company would act as a prime contractor and be responsible for management of the project as well as electrical installation.

This may take a while to develop, but if accurate should provide a catalyst once the next order is released.

I'll continue to hold

Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: eduardvs on September 05, 2005, 10:29:23 PM
This indeed would be nice if they landed any NY type of subway deal.

They just had a $450k order in TX which I thought to be a nice boost, the stock had temporarily gone up from that order, but if NY hits I think this could see the $5's + once again easily.  Especially if the contract is in the millions.
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: stocks2watch2 on September 09, 2005, 11:47:25 AM
I think the bottom is in. Up we go. This is a really low float, and moves fast.
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: stocks2watch2 on September 09, 2005, 03:57:04 PM
Running strong into the close.....News leak? Short covering?
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: eduardvs on September 12, 2005, 02:54:14 PM
Nice high for today, almost $3.

Hope this positive run continues to build up to a big booooooooom!  ;D
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: eduardvs on September 20, 2005, 10:26:47 AM
Up bigtime today, hopefully more to come! 
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: stocks2watch2 on September 23, 2005, 10:55:24 AM
Breaking out again. May be running on MSGI news.       

                                              NEW YORK, Sep 23, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- MSGI Security Solutions, Inc. (MSGI, Trade), a leading provider of proprietary security products and services, today announced that it has begun to install a subway video surveillance system as part of a pilot program for the New York City Police Department (NYPD). The program features covert wireless video surveillance engineered by MSGI to observe criminal activity underground.

Multiple subway locations in the Borough of Manhattan will be monitored over the course of the next 60 days, based on historical crime statistics, and the NYPD will also use the new system as a counter-terrorism tool in high profile areas. MSGI's secure, covert technology has already been deployed in three undisclosed subway locations - leading to two arrests within the first hour of operation.

   
Title: Re: SYNX-
Post by: metro on October 07, 2005, 08:17:04 AM
This one has been in the range for 3 weeks and so far today nice move. Sold some in pre market as it is over $3 and figure can buy that back lower. Guess they are up on NY city subway worries

http://tinyurl.com/9eqja

It is likely a long term hold anyway if it stays above this range

From Briefing com

08:14      Security-related stocks lift in pre-mkt in reaction to New York City subway system alert

   CNN reports that New York City's subway system was under heightened alert Friday after officials received information from the FBI about a "specific threat," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said. There were indications that a terrorist attack on New York's subway system is possible "in the coming days," New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Thursday. Law enforcement sources told CNN the threat information came from Iraq and that it included claims that a group of 15 to 20 people were in the United States to carry out an attack against New York's mass transit system... Briefing.com Note: Following the London bombings, the following stocks rallied sharply in pre-mkt (these are pre-mkt gains seen the morning of the London bombings): SYNX +77%, TBUS +48%, IPIX +37%, GEPT +22%, MACE +22%, STKR +19%, RAE +19%, ISON +18%.
Title: Re: SYNX-
Post by: saffeysite1 on October 07, 2005, 08:59:23 AM
I bought in yesterday.  Looking good.  Hope she runs today.

Title: Re: Security Stocks/IPIX
Post by: gambler2075 on November 02, 2005, 04:44:21 PM
opened a position in ipix at 2.20 today...

We'll see what happens. Looking for high 2's.
Title: Re: SYNX-
Post by: traderjbr on January 11, 2006, 12:40:58 PM
This one is trying to breakout of a Bollinger Band squeeze,any day now..
Title: Re: SYNX-
Post by: traderjbr on January 20, 2006, 09:32:21 AM
Going up now..
Title: SYNX contract news AH today
Post by: mtrader on March 07, 2006, 06:24:15 PM
sometimes its a momo spiker...  tiny float and o/s
lets see if she moves

Title: SYNX Announces after hours 2.5 Million order for New York Transit
Post by: Draak on August 22, 2006, 05:54:57 PM
3 Million float. Should move higher from here! DD!!
Title: Re: SYNX Announces after hours 2.5 Million order for New York Transit
Post by: setravis on August 22, 2006, 07:06:37 PM
I counted about 6 different threads on this stock....
Just clutter......when traders think it necessary to start so many threads on one stock pick.
Here is the largest of the threads.

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=2332.30
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: setravis on August 22, 2006, 07:12:52 PM
Here it is with today's closing chart.
Not very attractive !  :(
Title: SYNX news can it pop?
Post by: mtrader on December 20, 2006, 06:42:40 PM
its due
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: setravis on December 20, 2006, 07:51:55 PM
"SYNX" All 8    ???   Threads have been Merged.
Please use the search before starting new threads on a Stock Pick.
Chances are a thread already exist.
So why not post whatever you have to comment about on that pick to that thread.
"Simplicity" My fellow traders.   ;D             
All history on a stock pick in 1 thread is awesome.   ;)           
Just trying to get threads together,so we don't have a numerous amount floating around on the same stock.
Thank You....and good luck with all your trades....make some $$$      8)


I will leave you with today's chart while I am in this thread....     

Title: SYNX oh Luucy shes gonna 'splode LOL
Post by: mtrader on February 21, 2007, 12:54:59 PM
dont know when but 2007 looks like its year to go
long here and still accumulating
like the action and the o/s & float
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: calven on February 22, 2007, 02:45:18 AM
Taking a position in this tomorrow early....
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on February 22, 2007, 02:12:46 PM
 ;Dgood move
shes either in play by some group or might get taken out by firecom
I dunno
but shes going higher IMO
Title: Re: SYNX - Maturing MoMo MONSTER
Post by: calven on February 26, 2007, 03:13:28 AM
Quote from: setravis on August 22, 2006, 07:12:52 PM
Here it is with today's closing chart.
Not very attractive !  :(


Referring to your chart setravis - You missed the positive divergence on the MACD - The 2nd waves low was noticeably higher than the first wave's low (the high was also higher in the 2nd wave) .... this indicates a slowing of trend/possible reversal signal.  ;) Don' t miss that bud!  ;D

We also have an "unusual" volume spike in a downtrend with bullish accumulation volume - another "pointer" that a trend break may be coming shortly


Just thought I would point that out...


Thanks for merging all these threads
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: calven on February 26, 2007, 03:23:12 AM
Quote from: mtrader on February 22, 2007, 02:12:46 PM
;Dgood move
shes either in play by some group or might get taken out by firecom
I dunno
but shes going higher IMO


Both of those scenarios could be possible or a combo of those two ideas....

- actually a combo three small things...

1) Firecom bought a ton of shares (over a million) Why they did I have no idea! 1/3 of the total float bought out....

2) Quarterly loss recently narrowed: http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7b7A0053A1-8E07-46F8-A6BD-1E981F6784FA%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

3) This beneficial owner "Genterra" likely finished DUMPING shares: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=SYNX

#1 above is likely the main reason - with #3 right behind

GL
calven
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: calven on February 27, 2007, 02:44:47 AM
Firecom owns 26% of the total shares!

http://stocks.us.reuters.com/stocks/balanceSheet.asp?symbol=SYNX.O&WTmodLOC=R4-Financials-2-Balance

http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=4659946
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: calven on February 27, 2007, 01:19:10 PM
Looking for an entry of $2.00 here
Title: Re: SYNX oh Luucy shes gonna 'splode LOL
Post by: mtrader on June 10, 2007, 04:48:28 PM
I apolize for cheerleading this stock way too much
but the CEO recently bought in the 1.90s
http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/quotes_sec.asp?symbol=SYNX&selected=SYNX&page=filings


for whatever thats worth?





Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: setravis on June 10, 2007, 05:52:07 PM
mtrader, the thread you started today has been merged.......

"SYNX" Threads have been Merged.
Please use the search before starting new threads on a Stock Pick.
Chances are a thread already exist.
So why not post whatever you have to comment about on that pick to that thread.
"Simplicity" My fellow traders.  ;D                                                 
All history on a stock pick in 1 thread is awesome.  ;)                                                   
Just trying to get threads together,so we don't have a numerous amount floating around on the same stock.    :( ::)                                         
Thank You....and good luck with all your trades....make some $$$     ;)             



Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on June 15, 2007, 02:08:14 PM
more insider buying
somethings coming IMO  ;D ;D

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/quotes_sec.asp?symbol=SYNX&selected=SYNX&page=filings

   SYNERGX SYSTEMS INC
  Reporting Owner : KOENIG ALBERT S     4     6/15/2007    2/10/2005         
     SYNERGX SYSTEMS INC
  Reporting Owner : TAMKIN DANIEL S     4     6/8/2007    6/6/2007     View t
     SYNERGX SYSTEMS INC
  Reporting Owner : KOENIG ALBERT S     3
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on June 20, 2007, 10:10:22 AM
the recent insider buying is bringing accumulation and attention to it
put it on your watch list at least
do some DD
I think shes gonna run soon ;D ;D ;D
JMHO
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on July 02, 2007, 12:05:07 PM
still being accumulated IMO ;D ;D ;D

put on watchlist 2007 it will be moving up I feel
insider buying
and that low float disappearing slowly

worth a hard look guys
do your own DD

I am already long
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on July 05, 2007, 04:38:37 PM
still being accummed IMO  ;D ;D ;D ;D

check her out
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on July 09, 2007, 09:00:57 AM
moving on up ;D
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on October 26, 2007, 12:58:09 PM
 ::) I give up on this one so its probably nearing a move finally LOL

Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on December 22, 2007, 08:25:43 PM
This is the deadest money stock Ive ever held.  It should be reporting earnings in the next 10 days and is expected to be good and even profitable.  It should be in for some kinda move up/or down.  And has been tax selling off pretty hard.  I mention it FWIW only and apologize for ever recoing it.  Maybe it finally makes a move.  who knows.
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: wrangler on December 23, 2007, 12:17:17 PM
Quote from: mtrader on December 22, 2007, 08:25:43 PM
This is the deadest money stock Ive ever held.  It should be reporting earnings in the next 10 days and is expected to be good and even profitable.  It should be in for some kinda move up/or down.  And has been tax selling off pretty hard.  I mention it FWIW only and apologize for ever recoing it.  Maybe it finally makes a move.  who knows.

Hi mtrader
Thought I would take a look at SYNX when I read your post and give my opinion on it and all this info is " just my opinion"
When I brought chart up a big red flag hit me quick it was the volume it trades in,,low volume stocks is not very liquid and from the looks of this one you would probably have a very hard time selling it. Over six month time period the most it has ever traded in a day is 60,000 and that was a selling day,,buying day was 40,000 some days around 9000 and some days below 9000. Always look for stocks that trades in good volume making it easy to buy and sell when the time is right.
As far as chart showing direction it could be moving up,it's still to early to tell if bottom has been found. It could go back down to test support @1.50 and form double bottom or could move back up and begin series of higher highs and higher lows forming new supports and resisiances within a trendline.
Main reason for me responding was the volume it trades in. For a stock trading at 1.60 I would like to see daily average volume of at least 250,000 or more and looking back at least six months I would like to see some volume days over 500,000 showing I can dump this thing if it should start a run so I can take my profits or sell for a loss if needed.
All this is JMO as always,,Goodluck with your trade I hope you make some green
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: mtrader on December 23, 2007, 02:07:13 PM
thanks wrangler all opinions always appreciated.  I stuck myself on this one.  Have traded it twice before for small profit on its spikes and could have exited on 2 bounces this year for small profit(10-20%).  But held it thinking they would show great growth in the terror/security biz.  If I can get an exit I wont be trading this one again.
Title: Re: SYNX
Post by: Draak on March 11, 2008, 09:54:32 PM
Soon To Be Profitable. For Sure.

Press Release Source: Synergx Systems Inc.


Synergx Systems Inc. Announces New Transit Contracts
Tuesday March 11, 4:01 pm ET


SYOSSET, N.Y., March 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Synergx (Nasdaq: SYNX - News) announces that its Casey Systems subsidiary has secured two contracts for an aggregate of approximately $4.8 million to provide security and data systems to the New York City Transit Authority. Although Management expects these projects to be performed substantially during the next twelve months there can be no assurance that changes in schedules will not be experienced which could impact results in any given period.


Synergx is engaged in the design, manufacture, marketing and service of a variety of data communication products and systems with applications in the fire alarm, life safety, security and communication industries. For further information about Synergx please go to our website at WWW.SYNERGXSYSTEMS.COM.