3SOF

Public 3SOF Boards => Previous 3SOF Picks => Topic started by: David Randolph on May 04, 2005, 07:30:36 PM

Title: FLYIQ
Post by: David Randolph on May 04, 2005, 07:30:36 PM
Atlantic Coast Airlines Holdings, Inc. (FLYI)

This stock has been on a freefall for the last few years:

(http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=81;image)

But now we have one lovely volume pattern and two white candles:

(http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=82;image)

The high of the day was $1.04, which was the low of that horrible red candle back in October. The stock has retreated a bit because of that short term resistance in today's session.

That leaves a considerable higher shadow which will probably prevent FLYI to gap higher tomorrow. I prefer to buy the open when this happens. I don't know if the stock has enough demand behind it to cross the $1.04 barrier, but I will pay to see.

If it fails, I'll dump it. If it closes above 1.04, it will sky rocket to the moon in the short term.

So, this trade will be fast. I'll buy at the open tomorrow and if close<1.04=> SELL. If close>1.04=> HOLD

Everyday we explore and filter the entire US market to come up with the best 3 stocks to buy on the next open. Join our free newsletter (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=register), it will take only 10 seconds !

David Randolph
www.3stocksonfire.org (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/)
Title: Re: FLYI is ready to fly
Post by: helgeju on May 05, 2005, 08:13:38 AM
Results coming today, and the last two days runup could be expectations. Then usually a stock is falling afterwards. I think FLYI could fall after results, no time set today.
Title: Re: FLYI is ready to fly
Post by: David Randolph on May 05, 2005, 08:56:49 AM
Yes, results are coming at 2 pm Eastern. Expectations can't be great, because the stock has fallen so much over the last few months.

Maybe the market knows something we don't. But I've designed a simple trading plan: with this kind of pattern, FLYI must take off right away. If it stares at $1.04, if it stops climbing or falls today, all the momentum is lost and a short term trader must get out.

This is a risky trade, I'm placing just 6.6% of my capital in this (as in all other stocks I own).

What you're talking about is a «buy the rumor, sell the fact» thing. In this case, I believe what happened was «sell the rumor, buy the news», but two days before news no one was still willing to sell the rumor and short covering started.

I believe results will be bad and the stock goes up anyway.

Thank you for your post, nice info :)
Title: Dead wrong on FLYI
Post by: David Randolph on May 06, 2005, 04:31:45 AM
The stock failed to take off and slumped. My initial plan was:

«So, this trade will be fast. I'll buy at the open tomorrow and if close<1.04=> SELL. If close>1.04=> HOLD»

So I had to sell FLYI at the close, price $0.83. That resistance at $1.04 knocked the stock. Bad pick, bad trade. Admit the mistake, correct it by selling the stock and move on. The market will always be there and preservation of capital is the first goal of any trader.

 
Title: FLYI is flying again
Post by: David Randolph on June 12, 2005, 06:56:55 PM
FLYI is a small airline, but no so small as its market cap, I believe. You can knowledge more about the company at its website: www.flyi.com (http://www.flyi.com/Default.aspx)

I did invest in FLYI in the beginning of 3 Stocks on Fire and took a 9.8% loss in it (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=25.0). But I show no resentment toward the stock and I really have no problem about buying it again, even at a higher price (I prefer to buy at a higher price, as silly as it may appear).

You know this stock is down 97% from its all time high set on January 2002 around $30. When a stock is down like this I believe any positive fundamental development gives room for a mighty powerful advance.

If you dig a bit through the last news and the company's website you'll find that the number of passengers carried trough Independent Air is growing rapidly.

Technically the chart is screaming for a bull run, look at it:

(http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=859;image)

If FLYI breaks trough the $1.04 significant resistance level you can't imagine what kind of short covering and momentum players will kick in. I believe this is the time for FLYI to fly above that level and bring in new and enthusiastic buyers.


Everyday I will analyze FLYI after the market close until I sell the stock. I always tell I'm going to sell before I actually take action. You just have to follow the answers to this post.

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 105% since May 2005 (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/closed_trades.php). We have great traders in our community which take advantage of short term opportunities in stocks instead of criticizing those movements.

If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=register).

Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stocky on June 12, 2005, 07:30:02 PM
Are you going to buy FLYI at the open on Monday or wait till 1.05 is crosses?
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: David Randolph on June 12, 2005, 07:46:45 PM
I'm not waiting for the stock to cross $1.04. But I still don't know if I'll buy the open, I probably will. I'll answer this post saying the price of the purchase immediately after I make it (but, as said and as usual, I'll probably buy at the open).

Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: the mo on June 12, 2005, 08:39:15 PM
Glad to see FLYI made the en fuego list. I also liked the tech action and bought some on friday.  Like you gents, I think this thing may have a potential back up to the 2.00 -2.50 area. I am also encouraged by a few things being thrown around the message boards-1. increasing load factor 49 % in jan, 73 % may, and > 90% in june?- postings like this from a fellow who says he flys for them (hard to know if believable but sounds convincing) seem to tell a good story
http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7080850&tid=acai&sid=7080850&mid=47551   
2. Fare increases at the biggies like nwa ,delta and other make the discounters seem even more attractive.
3.Rumors that they are expanding into Texas-potentially stealing some of Southwest's c ustomers by, buying space from american at dallas fort worth.
4. Rumors of Airbus deal to aquire more planes and potential expand internationally. not sure i am buying this rumor but a bit of talk about it.
5. a personal view that oil will pull back again as lack of rig damage from arlene and rains (reduced demand) blankets southeast -it's only trading down slightly now about 20cents in overnight session-(traded energy for 10yrs at several trading houses)
6. flown them from SFO shortly after they open on the West and really felt like i was on jblu-although had to pay for portable tv's $5-but had choice of 15 movies and huge selection of cable programming-actually prefer selection to jblu , staff trying very hard to please, and love that a discounter is at SFO not Oakland.
anyway good luck manana. I'll be buying on myself.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: David Randolph on June 13, 2005, 09:31:43 AM
Bought FLYI @ $0.97

Now I'll put these positions on the homepage.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: David Randolph on June 13, 2005, 01:05:40 PM
FLYI decisively above $1.04. First minor resistance only at $1.20 - $1.23. I'll update my analysis after the close.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: saffeysite1 on June 13, 2005, 01:08:17 PM
I [email protected] three weeks ago.  This company has a big hedge fund the owns a good chunk of it.  I new they wouldn't let it dump in the toilet.  It's time to fly!
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: the mo on June 13, 2005, 04:14:55 PM
hey fellas- like the bullish  volume confirmation (5.4mm) and how we poked thru 100 day ma. any thoughts?
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: David Randolph on June 13, 2005, 07:02:09 PM
FLYI did close above $1.04 so we have the potential for enormous short covering and technical buying in this stock. I believe fundamentals are atractive too. I don't know if some news came out but I see FLYI closed at $1.19 in the after hours, does anybody knows something?

Thanks !
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stocky on June 13, 2005, 07:14:44 PM
Found the following link at the yahoo message board

http://www.negocios.pt/default.asp?SqlPage=Content_Empresas&CpContentId=260657&Sent=1&ListComment=1&CpMsgId=321478

But I am not sure whether its credible or another SCLN type hype.

I have a position in this stock.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: tommyt on June 13, 2005, 08:26:08 PM
I 've been trying to buy this all day, kept raising my offer even in afterhours. Now I'm not going anywhere near it. I got burned with SCLN.  Thanks Stocky.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: RichL74 on June 13, 2005, 09:37:06 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on June 13, 2005, 09:31:43 AM
Bought FLYI @ $0.97

Now I'll put these positions on the homepage.

I love this website. Have not found any message board out there that provides such sound advice. So much that I feel guilty making so much money without donating, so I decided to donate some money to keep this site going.

Anyways, just a quick question, do you ever disclose the # of shares you purchase?

I got in for a small # (1000 @ $1.02) of shares because I don't like to invest in stocks below $2. But based on the track record lately, can't help myself. Good luck everyone!
Title: That TAP Newslink
Post by: AussieTrader on June 13, 2005, 09:43:14 PM
That newslink regarding TAP takeover of FLYi contains pretty much the same wording as that for SCLN and BCGI, I am sure it is just a pump.
Mike
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: Ramsburg on June 13, 2005, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: stocky on June 13, 2005, 07:14:44 PM
Found the following link at the yahoo message board

http://www.negocios.pt/default.asp?SqlPage=Content_Empresas&CpContentId=260657&Sent=1&ListComment=1&CpMsgId=321478

But I am not sure whether its credible or another SCLN type hype.

I have a position in this stock.

Remember my alert on BCGI yesterday ?
This is exactely the same crap ! ---> FAKE

This Takeover news, is not really a legit news from that website, thats only a comment any user can make to any news posted by the editors team.

Please ALERT everyone about this !!!! This is just a pumping sceme !

best regards,
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stocky on June 13, 2005, 10:38:29 PM
Yes I do think so, just wanted to Dave's query that what may be pumping FLYI AH bids. After your alerting we all are on our guard [applaud again]. Of all the airlines/aircargo I am impressed by WLDA [sound technically and fundamentally] but dont have a position in it. At the moment, however,  it seems FLYI is the best bet.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: Ramsburg on June 13, 2005, 10:55:15 PM
In 1 week, we had like 10 fake takeovers coming from Portugal...  ;)

Trust me, I'm European and I know a little about the Portuguese Market... I don't expect to see any Portuguese company buying an American company in the near future so far ;) 

Just stay alert on any other story that may come up like that... 99,99% sure it will be fake pumping stories... And everyday we get a new one LOL.

Besides, the guys that are trying to pump this stocks are not even Portuguese, they are making the exact same mistake with the word CNVM on their fake news, what they wanted to use was CMVM (which is the Portuguese «SEC») not CNVM, if you search Google, you will find that CNVM is the Spanish «SEC». So this pumping scheme is mostly coming directly from Spain, using Portuguese websites to cover their identity.
I guess SEC should be on the scene now ;)

Best regards,
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: tommyt on June 13, 2005, 11:23:28 PM
Ramsburg,
If you didn't own this stock, whould you buy it now with this pump?
If you did own it, would you get out of it before the pump becomes more widely known?
It's on David's list, but there isn't a buy limit.

Thanks
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: kekec on June 14, 2005, 03:29:46 AM
tommyt,

how did you get burnt with SCLN?  your entry was 3.80 as far as i can remember, plus i said target is 4.50, which was hit next day from your 3.80 entry. If you going to follow other member calls you also need to follow their exit points.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: tommyt on June 14, 2005, 08:56:10 AM
I had a [email protected] at the end of the day, it hit it a couple times but never sold. I thought I might be able to unload in AH, but it fell like a rock when word got out. Luckily got out just above my cost basis around 3.85.
Oh well, could have been worst. Made $36,640.00 this morning on 8000 shares IIJI though. Expressos are on me!
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: Ramsburg on June 14, 2005, 09:12:19 AM
Quote from: tommyt on June 13, 2005, 11:23:28 PM
Ramsburg,
If you didn't own this stock, whould you buy it now with this pump?
If you did own it, would you get out of it before the pump becomes more widely known?
It's on David's list, but there isn't a buy limit.

Thanks

Hi TommyT,

I would buy FLYI the same way.... I dont like this pumping schemes on our stocks, but they are just short term noise...
I don't believe most traders would believe it, taking in consideration all the recent pumps on the same scheme.

FLYI looks great anyway ;)

regards,
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: macaddictsg01 on June 14, 2005, 12:06:03 PM
 ???

Hi David,

What can you say about this ---> http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7080850&tid=acai&sid=7080850&mid=48114

Give us your comment (if needed), if not, we just ignore this.

From Singapore
(currently in Taipei)
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: David Randolph on June 14, 2005, 01:35:13 PM
I would just ignore that post. $1.04 was resistance now it is becoming support. That is all there is to know if you want to make money trading.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stocky on June 14, 2005, 01:46:35 PM
Macaddict, I have personally lost some money while grazing the SNDK board about a year ago. I hope that lesson may save you some :)
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stocky on June 14, 2005, 01:47:46 PM
I mean Yahoo SNDK board.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: tommyt on June 14, 2005, 04:36:16 PM
I'm in. Finally got my 1.02 price at the close, I see it's 1.068 in AH. Thanks Ramsburg
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: macaddictsg01 on June 14, 2005, 07:42:34 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on June 14, 2005, 01:35:13 PM
I would just ignore that post. $1.04 was resistance now it is becoming support. That is all there is to know if you want to make money trading.

Sometimes nasty postings in internet can create a lot of distractions, especially the one posted in Yahoo Message Board. Anyway , it is unstoppable. We are here to make our own will (and own analytical instinct) to do money trading (as David quoted).

This web site is a real and nice haven for bright and experienced traders.

I did buy buy some at 1.08 for this instrument. But just bit worry if the OIL Spike affect the price index for this FLYi. Anybody has a BRIGHT idea ?

Cheer yeah

From Singapore
(currently in Taipei)
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stocky on June 14, 2005, 08:40:07 PM
Higher oil prices do affect the stock market [cutting into consumer purchasing power and may be slowing the economy]. However, stronger economy my withstand and rising oil prices lead to the twin benefit of development of alternate energy and reduction in demand.

Usually Airlines stock trade inversely to rising oil prices.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stocky on June 14, 2005, 08:45:05 PM
But of late the market sentiment is quite bullish which may result in overlooking the increase. I think after predictions of oil skyrocketing to 100 by Goldman Sachs earlier this year, I think we still have a bargain on oil ;)

Gas prices are falling here in LA.

Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: macaddictsg01 on June 15, 2005, 03:07:40 AM
Hi All,

Northwest Airline Corp shares plunged nearly 12 %, will this bad news can able to relinquish the uptrend of FLYI?

Your quote is very much appreciated!

Cheer yeah!
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again; Bumpy takeoff, but still flying
Post by: la-onda on June 15, 2005, 05:33:22 AM
FLYI Yahoo Headline:

http://biz.yahoo.com/usat/050614/12935333.html?.v=4

USATODAY.com
Bumpy takeoff, but still flying
Tuesday June 14, 10:32 pm ET

Many doubted it would survive this long. But here is Independence Air (NasdaqNM: FLYI - News)- to the surprise of skeptics - still hanging in a year after it began flying as a scheduled airline.
It hasn't been easy for the airline, which, until last year made its money by flying feeder routes under contract for industry giants United and Delta. Whether it can keep flying remains to be seen.
The airline has been hemorrhaging money, and profit is nowhere in sight. Its corporate parent, Flyi, is on notice that its stock might be delisted for trading below $1 a share at times. It also has needed deep concessions from creditors earlier this year to keep its planes aloft.
From its base at Washington Dulles airport, Independence Air flies to 44 cities, most of them east of Mississippi River.
In addition to surviving, the airline has registered some other successes. Its planes are flying fuller, and its operational performance, including baggage handling, has improved, government reports show.
"I feel encouraged. I really do," Flyi CEO Kerry Skeen said in a recent interview, assessing his creation, which turns 1 year old Thursday.
But skeptics say the odds continue to be against the airline, which broke its links to the big airlines when United, in bankruptcy since 2002, cut its contract payments to the company then known as Atlantic Coast Airlines.
"Skeen was visionary in recognizing there was no future as a United regional carrier," said Mike Boyd, an aviation consultant. "But last year has been a total abject failure." Boyd cites a flawed route strategy, low fares set in some cases at $29, and reliance on smaller regional jets, which are expensive to operate on a unit basis. Boyd says Independence Air could fill every seat on every flight and still not make a profit.

Taking off

Skeen picked a tough time to start an airline. Independence Air's maiden flight on June 16, 2004, took off as the industry was reeling from excess capacity and climbing fuel prices.
Taking a chapter from Southwest Airlines, Skeen sought to morph Atlantic Coast, which had no separate brand identity when it flew as United Express and Delta Connection, into a hip, no-frills airline. Its blue "i" logo, with pictures of stylish young people pursuing outdoor activities, seemed ubiquitous in its chief East Coast markets. Its heavy spending helped it spread its message of "tender, loving" customer care. It delivered the message in various formats - cocktail napkins, kiosks at malls, mobile billboards and broadcast pitches from celebrities, including rock legend Chuck Berry.
Skeen expresses no regrets about starting an airline and says it has yet to show its full potential. A bankruptcy filing was a likely alternative when United cut its payments to Atlantic Coast.
Independence Air has all along said it needs several quarters of operation to prove its mettle, Skeen says. It didn't break free from its obligations to the large airlines until last October, he points out.

Measure of work

Atlantic Coast was one of the industry's worst performers in the three categories measured by the government: flights canceled, customer complaints and mishandled baggage. But Independence Air ranked first or second in each the first quarter, Skeen says.
More people are flying the airline, too. The percentage of filled seats shot up to 72.9% in May from 45.7% in January as it continues to undercut competitors in price.
If Skeen is deeply worried, he isn't showing it. He declined to discuss bankruptcy warnings filed with securities regulators. "We don't prove (the critics) wrong until we start making money for shareholders. We're still a long way from that, but we think the needle's moving in the right direction," Skeen says.
Independence Air found some breathing room in January, when it restructured its leasing agreements with creditors. The restructuring called for eliminating 29 regional jets. By next month, its fleet will consist of 58 regional jets and 12 new Airbus A-319 planes, which seat 132.
The restructuring saved Independence Air from having to immediately pay $70 million in lease payments, and permanently changed its strategy.
The company plans to use the new Airbus planes to launch flights from the Dulles hub to additional large cities. It's branched beyond its East Coast focus and now provides transcontinental service to cities including San Diego and Los Angeles.
Par Investment Partners, its second-largest shareholder, asked Skeen earlier this year to revert to being a regional flight supplier to United.
Ed Shapiro, vice president at Par Investment, said resuming as a United contract flier would have been "less bad" than launching a new airline, a strategy he calls "poorly conceived and poorly executed."
Independence Air did bid on United's new request for proposals for a supplier, but United chose another airline.
Skeen declined to comment on any possibility of partnering with other companies, except to say all options are open and that he'll "consider anything" to increase shareholder value.
Independence Air has few options for survival as an independent airline, says consultant Boyd.
Its initial strategy of flying to too many large cities with regional jets proved to be flawed, he says. It should consider cutting back flights to large cities such as Orlando and Detroit, he says. It might be better off focusing instead on less-competitive markets, such as Grand Rapids, Mich., and Fort Wayne, Ind. Even that might not guarantee its survival, he says.


Comments ??


Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: David Randolph on June 15, 2005, 07:28:55 AM
Those portuguese or spanish rumors brought many people to this plane that didn't belong here.  Can't the SEC do nothing against these pumpers? If you don't know what I'm talking about you don't want to know ... just say there were fake news launched on a portuguese website that yesterday made FLYI close at $1.20 in after hours and open sharply higher yesterday. Of course, all the people that bought because of the fake news had to get out of the stock, so it even closed below it's new support level, $1.04.

Everybody thinks this company won't survive. But I see passenger numbers increasing month by month and when a company sells more and more quantity it's on a right track. Everyone can cut costs ... but it takes a good service to increase sales. I believe FLYI has a good service and I'm going to give the stock another chance, altough it closed below the $1.04 threshold, but I've explained why and that's not a reason to sell.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: johnathanchill on June 15, 2005, 10:11:45 AM
Got in last week at 1.01 i have spoken to some friends who have flown on these planes and are very happy. They have a new fleet and remember we are coming in to the months of High Flying. I am going to hold my position and see what happens through the summer.FLYI is in as many locations as Air Tran and they hold a nice variety of Smaller Airports and Higher volume Airports. In todays market it is all about price and i guess it is not only about charts but if a company can increase passengers each month i guess in their business they are doing alright.... Let me know if you disagree with my thoughts.... Thanks.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: David Randolph on June 15, 2005, 03:54:53 PM
Sold FLYI with a 8% loss at $0.89. I can't understand why the stock is down so much, maybe I'm being foolish here, but rules and following analysis is more important than winning or losing in any given trade.

Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stocky on June 15, 2005, 07:53:20 PM
With oil all over the market I am not surprised if airlines stocks slip a bit. I sold my position yesterday for small loss.
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: macaddictsg01 on June 15, 2005, 08:10:39 PM
Hi David,

I did sold as well mine on market opening. This is what I been expected as well due to oil spikes. But will there be no means for this stock to rebound? How long will it take to break the $1.00 barrier?

CHeer yeah!

From Singapore
(currently in Taipei)
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: nikao on June 16, 2005, 03:40:51 AM
Quote from: stocky on June 15, 2005, 07:53:20 PM
With oil all over the market I am not surprised if airlines stocks slip a bit. I sold my position yesterday for small loss.

but don't you think this stock is getting oversold right now because of the fake news and then yesterday because of oil prices rising?
even if it won't succeed to pass the 1.04, from 0.88 to 1.04 = 18% that's not too bad is it?
Title: FLYi Turning To Green Coarse???
Post by: macaddictsg01 on June 18, 2005, 02:20:01 AM
Hi David,

I just got an excerpt from the Yahoo MB. Will this create a total chage of the FLYI share price that would turn the FLYI to GREEN ?


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Web Page : http://www.strombotne.com/

news scoop? or phake out... Posted on Monday 13 June 2005
Jornal de Negócios Online :: Empresas -
English News

The Portuguese State will buy FLYi Inc

Lisbon - A source from the department of transports said that the Portuguese state is very interested in buyFLYi Inc. The state company TAP -Transportes Aéreos Portugues could launch a takeover to FLYi Inc. This plan of the takeover of FLYi Inc is the same that TAP did with the Brazilian airlines VARIG. The same source said Portugal's TAP will supported its plan to invest in debt-ridden American airline and keep the loss-making national flag carrier flying. The source said the Portuguese State could notifie tomorrow the Portuguese National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) that it was willing to waive the condition of a 75% minimum acceptance level to which its public offer for the acquisition FLYi Inc shares was subject, taking into consideration that the response received will be sufficient to develop the business project pursued through the takeover bid. The Portuguese State will launch a takeover bid for FLYi Inc with the payment of 1,5 euros for each of the that responded to the tender offer, this initial offer could reach the limit of price of 1,85 euros for each share of the american company. The same source said the deal would not affect Portugal's public deficit and would allow FLYi Inc to maintain its domestic services.

Better start brushing up on that Portuguese!
Eu gostaria de uma cerveja por favor 

tags: flying

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Title: Re: FLYi Turning To Green Coarse???
Post by: poiss on June 18, 2005, 04:49:41 AM
Quote from: macaddictsg01 on June 18, 2005, 02:20:01 AM
...
I just got an excerpt from the Yahoo MB. Will this create a total chage of the FLYI share price that would turn the FLYI to GREEN ?
...

macaddictsg01,
Bashing and pumping is normal behavior in Yahoo MB. Let's keep 3stocksonfire.org board clean from trash!
BTW! This subject was already explained by David (fake news).
Title: Re: FLYi Turning To Green Coarse???
Post by: Ramsburg on June 18, 2005, 09:18:13 AM
Quote from: macaddictsg01 on June 18, 2005, 02:20:01 AM
Hi David,

I just got an excerpt from the Yahoo MB. Will this create a total chage of the FLYI share price that would turn the FLYI to GREEN ?


Hi macaddictsg01,

Please read the first pages of this topic, where we uncover that fake news:

- http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=610.msg2901#msg2901

- http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=610.msg2895#msg2895

and: http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=610.msg3164#msg3164

We encourage our members to always take a look before posting a subject and see if it's «old news on this board ;)

best regards,
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: macaddictsg01 on June 18, 2005, 07:30:13 PM
Hi Ramsburg,

Pardon me, I have seen that after I posted that fake news. It's my careless mistake...Cheers!


  :-\ ::)
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: Ramsburg on June 18, 2005, 07:35:19 PM
Quote from: macaddictsg01 on June 18, 2005, 07:30:13 PM
Hi Ramsburg,

Pardon me, I have seen that after I posted that fake news. It's my careless mistake...Cheers!


  :-\ ::)

No problem ;)
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: eagerlearner on June 22, 2005, 02:56:06 PM
annual meeting:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050622/dcw045.html?.v=13

not much info from the news , is it positive or negative?
i noticed there were over 4 million shares traded during 1:45-2:45 est.
something going on?
Title: Is FLYI going bankrupt?
Post by: David Randolph on August 15, 2005, 07:27:52 AM
Well, considering market action, it sure looks like it. Read this interesting article on the subject:

Independence Air Gets Reprieve (http://www.thestreet.com/_mktwrm/markets/rosssnel/10237665.html?cm_ven=CBSM&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA)

The highlights:

1) «In return, Independence will receive a $31.2 million refund from Airbus. Airbus also will let Independence put off $11.5 million in other payments scheduled for the rest of this year, and the carrier has canceled $16.5 million in debt it had issued to finance some of its airplane payments.»

2) «The skyward march of fuel prices is showing no signs of stopping, confounding airlines. Crude oil futures hit new highs above $65 Thursday after logging another record close Wednesday.

Independence has been burning through cash, ending the second quarter with only $66 million in unrestricted funds. The quarter's loss of $98.5 million, or $2.01 a share, was significantly higher than the Wall Street forecast for a loss of $1.24 a share.

In a quarterly filing this week, the company offered a dire forecast, saying its cash wouldn't cover obligations for the rest of the year and it might have to file for bankruptcy protection. »

The market cap now is just $18.17M, so anyone wants an airline? They have $66M in unrestricted funds.

This is just too much of a falling knife for me to consider, these guys may file for bankruptcy anytime, a time where it would probably be a good idea to buy some shares !  ;D

If anyone wants, please warn me if FLYI files for chapter 11, I want to buy the stock then, but just then ...

Title: Re: FLYI is ready to fly
Post by: basanlas on November 13, 2005, 03:43:02 PM
David,

WOW , I looked back at FLYI today and it is now at 2 cents, that's .02 .. Guess they have had some trouble over the last few months. Glad I got out in the mid .90's
Title: Re: FLYI is ready to fly
Post by: Lucas Scott on November 14, 2005, 06:29:28 PM
2 cents and a "Q" at the end of their ticker. What a disaster! That's life on the OTC though.

LukeQ
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stout7735 on December 05, 2005, 06:32:44 PM
I bought after BK at $.02...I expect a runup in price tomorrow ( currently $.028) based on unfounded faith in a buyer of the airline/news release after 5PM today...I will sell on the tempoary runup at a nice profit tmorrow??? ;D
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stout7735 on December 07, 2005, 12:57:56 PM
Quote from: stout7735 on December 05, 2005, 06:32:44 PM
I bought after BK at $.02...I expect a runup in price tomorrow ( currently $.028) based on unfounded faith in a buyer of the airline/news release after 5PM today...I will sell on the tempoary runup at a nice profit tmorrow??? ;D

Moving up today... ;D
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stout7735 on December 07, 2005, 08:46:08 PM
Quote from: stout7735 on December 05, 2005, 06:32:44 PM
I bought after BK at $.02...I expect a runup in price tomorrow ( currently $.028) based on unfounded faith in a buyer of the airline/news release after 5PM today...I will sell on the tempoary runup at a nice profit tmorrow??? ;D

Sold at nice profit today...Closed at $.054...Did anyone listen to me???? ;D
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: ASR831 on December 07, 2005, 09:51:59 PM
I have got in at around $0.02 around mid Nov., but only with $200. I wasn't going to bet the whole farm  :) It is a nice gain so far but I waiting for more news.

What do you think?

P.S: Have you tried flying them? It was nice and cheap for $40 to FL one way, cheaper than the my cab ride to the hotel  ;D What a bargin :)
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: stout7735 on December 07, 2005, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: ASR831 on December 07, 2005, 09:51:59 PM
I have got in at around $0.02 around mid Nov., but only with $200. I wasn't going to bet the whole farm :) It is a nice gain so far but I waiting for more news.

What do you think?

P.S: Have you tried flying them? It was nice and cheap for $40 to FL one way, cheaper than the my cab ride to the hotel ;D What a bargin :)

Don't be greedy...There is no news of saving the stockholders...This is a bankruptcy trade....Sell!!!!
P.S. Never flew this airline,but flew same aircraft type with Mesa Air recently...A little cramped... ;D
Title: Re: Dead wrong on FLYI
Post by: Terliso on December 11, 2005, 11:51:48 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on May 06, 2005, 04:31:45 AM
The stock failed to take off and slumped. My initial plan was:

«So, this trade will be fast. I'll buy at the open tomorrow and if close<1.04=> SELL. If close>1.04=> HOLD»

So I had to sell FLYI at the close, price $0.83. That resistance at $1.04 knocked the stock. Bad pick, bad trade. Admit the mistake, correct it by selling the stock and move on. The market will always be there and preservation of capital is the first goal of any trader.

 


That's right david if you did not get out, or no plan at all or don't want to cut losses... or worse, thinking that FLYI may come up someday to get even, i don't think so .. it should have been 95% loss
Title: Re: FLYI is flying again
Post by: setravis on September 08, 2007, 04:19:35 AM
Changed Ticker Symbol.......
FLYI is no longer valid. It has changed to "FLYIQ"

Invalid Ticker Symbol.......
FLYIQ is not a valid ticker symbol. 


The FLYI/FLYIQ Threads in Previous 3SOF Picks
Have been merged.
Got the go ahead to do so from Ramsburg.
I will be working here on this board to merge other threads also.

I believe this company was bought out ,there is no chart to find on these ticker symbols !

Good trading to all !   

Regards,
Your fellow trader @3SOF
setravis