I've checked the fundamentals of this micro company and they were awful. Basically the company is bankrupt. The market cap is just $697,364. So I don't know why there's so much volume and price appreciation over the recent days ... some development in the cards? Someone will acquire this to enter the market using a shell company?
I don't know, but the chart pattern is extremely bullish and that's enough for me to commit $1,000 to this penny pick. Volume in dollar terms was $198,233 yesterday so I feel there will be enough liquidity for me to buy, but be careful, probably there won't be enough for many of us.
I won't buy if there's a gap up at the open, so this means I'm not a buyer if the stock is set to open above $0.30, not even if it comes down later in the day (specially if it comes down later in the day I won't buy).
The trading plan is simple:
1) Buy at or near the open if the open was below $0.0030 (I can buy higher, but I don't want no gap up - a gap up occurs when the open is above the previous day's high)
2) Sell 100% higher than the buying price (you can check my buying price at the 3 Pennies on Fire Homepage)
3) Sell if the stock is set to close below $0.0025
(This recommendation was made by David Randolph from 3 Stocks on Fire, and he will update this analysis everyday after the close until he sells the stock. 3 Stocks on Fire is a Community of stock traders and investors. Our 3494 members exchange trading ideas and strategies on our message boards everyday. We welcome you as a new member of the 3 Stocks on Fire Community, please take 10 seconds to register (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=register) and receive our free newsletter)
as discussed before from board members:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=2660.0
Bought OXFV @ $0.0029 for the 3 Pennies On Fire Portfolio
Ramsburg,
I thought you would buy it only "if the open was below $0.0030"... ???
Ohad
Last time I checked $ 0,0029 is below $ 0,0030 ;)
The open was 0.0032, which is above 0.0030 (last time I checked ;))
Quote from: OhadOnFire on September 13, 2005, 10:11:56 AM
Ramsburg,
I thought you would buy it only "if the open was below $0.0030"... ???
Ohad
David wanted to avoid buying on a gap up, most times the gap gets filled shortly after the open. Thats what happened here, so I waited a few minutes and I've bought it below $0.0030.
I found this on another board, but, I couldn't find the this release from any news site...can anyone verify this news?
Thanks,
Julia
OXFV: Announces $15M PIPE: Conv Bridge Notes + Warrants
Tuesday , September 13, 2005 14:54 ET
Oxford Ventures Inc (OTCBB: OXFV) announced in a Form 8-K that on September 6, 2005, the Company entered into a term sheet with Highgate House Funds, Ltd. and Prentice Capital Management, LP. The Company agreed to issue bridge notes to Highgate and Prentice in an amount of up to $15M and to issue Highgate and Prentice warrants for up to 5M shares of common stock for a period of ten years with an exercise price of $0.01. In exchange for the purchase of the Bridge Notes, the Company will grant Highgate and Prentice a security interest in all of its assets and will issue shares of common stock in an amount equal to five times the total amount of the Bridge Notes to be held in escrow in the event of a default under the Bridge Notes. Highgate and Prentice may at their option convert all or some of the Bridge Notes plus any accrued and unpaid interest into shares of common stock at the price of $1.50 per share.
David,
What about this stock? - it drops big time :o :'(
Well, this is going to be hard ... here's the trading plan I've wrote:
Quote1) Buy at or near the open if the open was below $0.0030 (I can buy higher, but I don't want no gap up - a gap up occurs when the open is above the previous day's high)
2) Sell 100% higher than the buying price (you can check my buying price at the 3 Pennies on Fire Homepage)
3) Sell if the stock is set to close below $0.0025
I specifically said
not to buy if there was a gap up at the open. But Ramsburg bought it anyway, and the same could have happened with any of our users. We really need to pay close attention to what is written on the trading plans.
So, I wouldn't have bought the stock in the first place. The plan goes on saying «sell if the stock is set to close below $0.0025», and again, we didn't sell it because no one was checking it. Lack of attention, lack of time, indiscipline, costs money in the stock market.
Now the stock is down 25% more and the 3 Pennies on Fire Portfolio is losing almost 50% on this position, overnight :o
What to do now? Cry? Sell right away? Well, this is hard, I was buying it just because of the chart, but I knew the chart would turn bearish if there was a gap up ... so now the chart is bearish. Why hold? Why sell?
I have to think about this some more time, let me embrace this occasion completely, I want to learn something for the future. My wife was a bit mad with me yesterday, because I left the office before the open to take care of some very important personal issues (she was mad because she knows what I've suffered in the past because of this kind of indiscipline). I had to take my grandmother to the hospital for a minor operation. I should have sent someone else ... this goes to show how the stock market is ruthless, he doesn't even know we exist.
Well, for now, I'll hold, what saves us is diversification, we can't put more than 10% of the 3 Pennies on Fire Portfolio in one single penny stock, so I'm prepared for a stock I hold to get delisted overnight. If I'm prepared to see one or two get delisted, I'm prepared for a 50% overnight loss.
The final decision is to hold OXFV.OB, experience and feel the moment, and later, with the market close, consider to sell it or continue holding.
I'll post an update before the next opening bell.
David,
I hope that the operation went fine.
Unfortunately I bought it after all.... Well, it's a part of the game!
Good luck,
Ohad
Wow, I had saw it on the opening page. Did not have time to read so I just purchased. Not too smart :P
We will make it up - Come on EYII.
Coolwood 8)
Is that chart a free CESY pump? he he.
I got in OXFV @ .0012 which I'm hoping was a good price at the bottom.
I found this on the following site:
http://www.antandsons.com/blogger.html
Micro Cap Oxford Ventures Financing and Merger News
On September 6, 2005, Oxford Ventures, Inc. (OTC: OXFV) entered into a term sheet agreement with Highgate House Funds, Ltd. and Prentice Capital Management, LP. Pursuant to the Bridge Term Sheet, the Oxford agreed to issue bridge notes to Highgate and Prentice in an amount of up to $15,000,000, as well as issue Highgate and Prentice warrants for up to 5,000,000 shares of Oxford's common stock for a period of ten years with an exercise price of $0.01. Also announced in this SEC filing was the company's intention to merge with Uluru, Inc., and to be a wholly-owned subsidiary of that corporation. It is now obvious why Oxford shares have been on a tear lately, and should continue to do so if the merger is successful.
And the info below is from the Securities and Exchange commission website.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1168220/000114420405028636/0001144204-05-028636.txt
On September 6, 2005, the Registrant entered into a term sheet (the
"Merger Term Sheet") with Uluru, Inc. ("Uluru") pursuant to which it is bound to
enter into an Agreement and Plan of Merger and Reorganization (the "Merger
Agreement") by and among Registrant, Uluru, and a to be formed wholly-owned
subsidiary of the Registrant ("Merger Corp."). As contemplated by the Merger
Term Sheet, Merger Corp. will merge with and into Uluru (the "Merger"), as a
result of which Registrant will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares
of Uluru and Uluru will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Registrant. As
contemplated by the Merger Term Sheet, the Registrant will use proceeds from the
Bridge Notes to provide a bridge loan to Uluru. Uluru, in turn, will use the
proceeds from this financing to acquire certain pharmaceutical assets as well as
for general working capital purposes.
So it appears if the deal goes through, it will be somekind of healthcare company.
May be it is worth getting some shares at this level.
Now the question is did the deal not go through?
--Lalitha
Oh, just now I saw that I put the wrong chart on this thread. I wish that was OXFV's chart ;D
Now I can't fix it, not at my computer. I will do that later.
Considering OXFV.OB, I want to be a masochist here. I'm not selling for the next 10 trading days and will be obliged to post an update on the stock everyday. I believe this will make me remind this lesson for a long time. Lack of discipline costs money, but just $1,000 isn't enough. I would probably forget it fast. So I want physical pain too.
Losing 62% on this penny stock trade because I wasn't at the office when it was needed. I will pay the correct price for the coming 10 days, hopefully learn my lesson and move on.
I'll keep holding with you and reading your updates. I'm down 68% so no sense in selling it now. ;D
Ok, here I am to update OXFV.OB. This is day 1 of the sacrifice. But we never know, this stock has just $232,455 in market cap, so anything can happen with the stock price.
For now I'm down more than 60% and hoping to learn something out of the experience, like: «don't leave your trades for someone else to do them» or «be there when you're needed», or «don't trade if you can't even make the order».
See you Monday irod :P
I found this on the ragingbull. Do your own DD
it already went up 88%!
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=OXFV,uu[w,a]daclyyay[da][pb50!b200][vc60][iUb14!La12,26,9]&pref=G
OXFV has acquired URLU inc couple of days ago and as URLU inc is doing business under the name CONTOURS EXPRESS and OXFV still didn't come out with a PR that clarify to the investment community that ULURinc is doing business under the famous CONTOURS EXPRESS so MMs are still playing on people ignorance and driving the price down in order to cover their shorts with cheap shares(BEFORE NEWS umveils what is URLU) as OXFV is still on SHO LIST!!!
ULURUinc:from HOOVER.COM you will find (ULURU inc) which is doing business under the name CONTOURS EXPRESS and it is a huge franchise business in the fitness and weight loss studio .they have 326 locations in the US 25 in canada35autralia and many other countries!!!!!!!!!!
--Lalitha
Up over 100% today!
I'm still holding at .0027...so i have it breaks so new highs!
goodluck to all holders!
;D
julia
Go to
www.scc.virginia.gov/division.htm
Click view annual reports.
enter ID No:06160568
Click view report
In the annual report, it shows that Kerry johansen is the president and director of Uluru, Inc. There is no mention about Contours Express in the report. Also Uluru, Inc. only has a 1000 shares.
Upon further search I found this:
WEB#033 CIS 09/18/05
TCP00000 CISM0180 CORPORATE DATA INQUIRY 01:02:24
CORP ID: - 8 STATUS: 00 ACTIVE STATUS DATE: 04/28/04
CORP NAME:
DATE OF CERTIFICATE: 04/28/2004 PERIOD OF DURATION: INDUSTRY CODE: 00
STATE OF INCORPORATION: VA VIRGINIA STOCK INDICATOR: S STOCK
MERGER IND: CONVERSION/DOMESTICATION IND:
GOOD STANDING IND: Y MONITOR INDICATOR:
CHARTER FEE: 50.00 CASE NO: CASE STATUS: HEARING DTE:
R/A NAME: KERRY JOHANSEN
STREET: 4400 HERMITAGE RD AR RTN MAIL:
CITY: VIRGINIA BEACH STATE : VA ZIP: 23455
R/A STATUS: D DIRECTOR EFF. DATE: 04/28/04 LOC.: 228
ACCEPTED AR#: 205 31 1787 DATE: 04/14/05 VIRGINIA BEACH
CURRENT AR#: 205 31 1787 DATE: 04/14/05 STATUS: A ASSESSMENT INDICATOR: 0
YEAR FEES PENALTY INTEREST TAXES BALANCE TOTAL SHARES
05 100.00 1,000
I bought the 9.99 report and here is what it says:
Uluru Inc
4400 Hermitage Rd
Virginia Beach, VA23455
Phone: 757464-5076
D-U-N-S Number: 15-318-3301*
County: VIRGINIA BEACH CITY
Metropolitan Statistical Area: Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, VA-NC
Year Started: 0
State of Incorporation: N/A
Number of Employees Here: 2
Number of Employees Total: 2
Square Footage: N/A
Bank Name: N/A
Bank D&B D-U-N-S Number: N/A
Annual Sales: $ 51,000
Base Sales: $ 51,000
Trend Sales: N/A
3 Year Sales Growth: N/A
Net Worth: N/A
Primary SIC:
7991, PHYSICAL FITNESS FACILITIES
79910101, Physical Fitness, Athletic Club And Gymnasiums, Membership
Secondary SICs: N/A
This is a:
PRIVATE COMPANY
SINGLE Location
Hope this helps.
--Lalitha
I got out, 1 mill shares @ .0019 but might get back in on a dip.
This thing held up well Friday, .0014-.0015 seems to be decent support with .002 a wall to break.
I called and talked with R. Johansen - VP of Uluru, Inc.
He said that he has never heard of Oxford Ventures. They had a franchise with Contours Express but he said that they sold it. And he doesn't know any thing about Oxford Ventures.
--Lalitha
Do we really think this is a mover. ???
Thanks Curwood 8)
Once the news comes out about the merger this stock will sky rocket - in my opinion.
I bought at an avg price of .0014
I am going to keep it for a while.
--Lalitha
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=OXFV,uu[m,a]daclyyay[da][pb50!b200][vc60][iUb14!La12,26,9]&pref=G
Since the market cap for OXFV.OB is so low (just $387,000) anything can happen with the stock price. A change in the stock price doesn't mean a lot of value change in dollar terms.
This is the third day after Ramsburg bought this stock for me, not following the plan (the plan wouldn't have bought this stock, since it opened with a gap up and I specifically wrote «Don't buy if there is a gap up»).
Anyway, I was trying to buy stocks while I was away from the office, and what I want to learn from this experience is that I shouldn't make new plans and acquisitions when I'm not able to watch the markets and follow those plans.
For that purpose, of learning this important lesson, I will keep this stock for 7 more days and write about it everyday.
hi,
i am curious about your rule of " don't buy when there is a gap up"
what percentage of gap ups close the gap soon after open? what about gap ups like vphm had from , ithink, the 10 dollar range to 12 dollar range?
love to hear more detail about this subject.
thanks
maxi
I'm not in this stock now, but here's a post from someone who seems to good DD that might interest any that are. ;D
http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=CLB01219&read=258889
Quote from: rickjust on September 20, 2005, 11:29:47 PM
hi,
i am curious about your rule of " don't buy when there is a gap up"
what percentage of gap ups close the gap soon after open? what about gap ups like vphm had from , ithink, the 10 dollar range to 12 dollar range?
love to hear more detail about this subject.
thanks
maxi
I don't have a rule that says «don't buy when there's a gap up». Only on this specific occasion I said «don't buy if there's a gap up». It depends on many factors, mainly candlestick, short term trend and volume analysis. If the stock previously (over the last few days) had a big uptrend it is risky to buy on a gap up because profit taking will probably kick in. If you're going to buy a stock that was up a lot over some trading days and it opens with a gap up you might as well have a pretty solid reason for your attitude, or else you'll probably be buying at the short term high (I bought gap ups on VPHM, IIJI and others but I had a strong fundamental reason to do it. Another detail is that if the gap up is a jump above a resistance level then that may be a runaway gap which is very bullish).
Quote from: runforthedoor on September 21, 2005, 09:46:56 PM
I'm not in this stock now, but here's a post from someone who seems to good DD that might interest any that are. ;D
http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=CLB01219&read=258889
Nice piece of research runforthedoor, lalitha already wrote about this issue, thanks a lot for posting :)
I would already own this stock for 10 daily updates anyway, with just $387,425 in market cap and this kind of speculation who knows what comes next? ;D
I guess this is update # 4.
I have tried to call Dan Leonard several times but always got the machine.
This looks like a very speculative play. OXFV is basically a shell, now megring with some business.
I think when the news comes out the stock will move fast.
Just in case it may double in one day and fall like a rock, I am going to put a standing order to sell half my shares at twice the closing price every day.
So if I am not watching and the price goes up I will still make some profit.
Goold luck to all!
--Lalitha
That seems to be a good strategy lalitha, I was just reading the last SEC filing of the company and found this:
«On September 6, 2005, the Registrant entered into a term sheet (the
"Merger Term Sheet") with Uluru, Inc. ("Uluru") pursuant to which it is bound to
enter into an Agreement and Plan of Merger and Reorganization (the "Merger
Agreement") by and among Registrant, Uluru, and a to be formed wholly-owned
subsidiary of the Registrant ("Merger Corp."). As contemplated by the Merger
Term Sheet, Merger Corp. will merge with and into Uluru (the "Merger"), as a
result of which Registrant will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares
of Uluru and Uluru will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Registrant. As
contemplated by the Merger Term Sheet, the Registrant will use proceeds from the
Bridge Notes to provide a bridge loan to Uluru. Uluru, in turn, will use the
proceeds from this financing to acquire certain pharmaceutical assets as well as
for general working capital purposes.
In connection with the Merger, the holders of Uluru common stock, will
receive 11,000,000 shares of the Registrant's common stock and the shareholders
of Registrant immediately prior to the Merger will retain 1,000,000 shares of
common stock of Registrant.
After giving effect to the Merger, the shares of common stock into
which the Bridge Notes are convertible and the Warrants, Registrant will have
28,000,000 shares of common stock issued and outstanding.
Among its other provisions, the Merger Term Sheet provides that the
Board of Directors of Registrant following the closing of the Merger shall
consist of five members. On the closing date of the Merger, all of the current
officers and directors of Registrant shall resign and, simultaneously with such
resignation, appoint a new Board of Directors and such executive officers as
shall be determined Uluru, except that Highgate and Prentice have the right to
appoint one member of the five new members of the Board of Directors. All
securities issued pursuant to the Merger will be "restricted" stock and be
subject to all applicable re-sale restrictions specified by federal and state
securities laws.
The parties' obligations to consummate the Merger are subject to
certain closing conditions including the following: (i) obtaining all necessary
board, shareholder and third party consents; and (ii) satisfactory completion by
Registrant and Uluru of all necessary technical and legal due diligence.
From and after the date of execution of the Merger Term Sheet and
continuing through December 4, 2005 (the "Exclusivity Period"), Uluru has agreed
that it will not enter into any agreement or consummate any transaction with any
third party, in whatever form, other than in the ordinary course of business
(including, without limitation, joint venture, sale, license, distribution
agreement, etc.) or enter into any other transaction that would preclude the
consummation of the transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement.»
So, here's the reason for the interest on OXFV.OB and the explanation for the volume. The company will be used as a "shell" for another company to be listed on the market. It looks like this company will turn into a pharmaceutical company and Cornell is involved.
Considering the market cap of the stock is just $413,253 it is clear we have a lot of potential for speculation and appreciation here. Maybe those 10 days of updates won't be such an effort :D
I goggled Uluru but found nothing, other than it is a beatiful land in Australia :)
This is update #5 !
Just one trade today on OXFV.OB, and it wasn't me, so you know I still hold this penny stock :) This is update #6.
No speculation yet, when will that merger agreement take place? We have this date:
«From and after the date of execution of the Merger Term Sheet and
continuing through December 4, 2005 (the "Exclusivity Period"), Uluru has agreed
that it will not enter into any agreement or consummate any transaction with any
third party, in whatever form, other than in the ordinary course of business
(including, without limitation, joint venture, sale, license, distribution
agreement, etc.) or enter into any other transaction that would preclude the
consummation of the transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement.»
Perhaps I will write the company to get some more information, who is this Uluru, when will the merger happen?
This is update #7.
Nothing new on OXFV.OB and almost no volume. Just leaving the updated chart, this is update #8.
Some volume pick up on OXFV.OB today. I guess the news hidden on the last SEC filing of the company will still add fire to the stock. If they can put it up a bit on stronger volume speculators will be attracted to investigate the story and this can fly a lot, since it has just $387,000 in market cap.
I will continue holding OXFV.OB for some more time (take a note on the indiscipline here, it usually costs money, I almost hope it does).
Quote from: David Randolph on September 29, 2005, 10:28:05 PM
Some volume pick up on OXFV.OB today. I guess the news hidden on the last SEC filing of the company will still add fire to the stock. If they can put it up a bit on stronger volume speculators will be attracted to investigate the story and this can fly a lot, since it has just $387,000 in market cap.
I will continue holding OXFV.OB for some more time (take a note on the indiscipline here, it usually costs money, I almost hope it does).
Volume increased a bit again on Friday, and possibly that will attract some short term speculators to this micro penny stock and possibly they will read the last SEC filing from the company and notice that it is entering into a merging agreement with a company to work on the pharmaceutical sector.
Anyday there can be some news on this merger deal, so I'll keep this stock some more time, I still have 50% of the 3 Pennies Portfolio in cash so the opportunity cost isn't high.
This holding is a shame but I'm thinking of holding it until I sell some big gainer so I can offset this loss with a larger profit. I'll continue holding it for some more time, and we never know if anyday we won't get that merger news, since the plans came out on a SEC filing they should be for real.
Today OXFV.OB was down 23%, then up 23% just to close unchanged on the day :o
That's what a $335,000 market cap can do. But I see volume creeping up, about 7.6 million shares today, so maybe something's going on behind the scenes. The stock should be dead because the company is bankrupt, but there were some merger news on the last SEC filing from the company, on September 13th.
So anything can happen here, and I have just about $450 invested on this stock (the buying was a mistake, I should correct the mistake by selling, but nobody is perfect), so I'll keep it some more time ...
Nothing new on OXFV.OB today. I'll continue holding.
Still no new developments to that merger news (well, not news, it is pretty much hidden on a form 8-K that probably almost nobody read).
I'll continue holding this penny stock, maybe over the weekend I'll investigate a bit more about that Uluru company, which OXFV.OB is about to merge with.
I can't find anything on Uluru, Inc. in a Google search.
Someone else couldn't find them either and suggests that "Slick Dan" (Dan Leonard, CEO of OXFV)is pulling a "fast one" with Uluru.
http://www.antandsons.com/2005/09/micro-cap-oxford-ventures-financing.html
Quote from: JKN on October 07, 2005, 09:19:32 AM
I can't find anything on Uluru, Inc. in a Google search.
Someone else couldn't find them either and suggests that "Slick Dan" (Dan Leonard, CEO of OXFV)is pulling a "fast one" with Uluru.
http://www.antandsons.com/2005/09/micro-cap-oxford-ventures-financing.html
«It just sits there in Australia. Also known as Ayres Rock. This is just my opinion, but, I think "Slick Dan" is pulling another fast one. There is no company registered with the S.E.C. by that name; and there is none to be found in search engines. Maybe that's where Dan plans to go with the money he raises.»
Thanks for posting that link JKN :)
On the SEC filing filed by OXFV.OB says Uluru Inc is in the process of acquiring pharmaceutical assets. I think it doesn't make much sense for the CEO to make a scheme like this because there was no press release, the information was very hidden.
Even I, when I bought the stock, I didn't know of this merger agreement.
If you wanted people to buy your stock whit a scheme like this wouldn't you put on a press realease about the subject so everybody knows about the fake merger?
Well, I don't know, there's almost no information about this company, other than the market cap is just $258,000 at this point.
I will continue holding it some more time.
Again on the merger subject: I think the fact that the news came on an SEC filing instead of a press release makes it more credible.
Anyway, shares are dead (but more alive than in the recent years) at $0.0012 and I'm losing 58% on this penny stock. I will continue holding some more time, though.
I like the volume pattern on this one, that's why I checked it out just to see what I could find. I really have no opinion one way or another on the info that I found. One just never knows the motivation of a posting, if any. Just an FYI post.
I do not own this stock, but considering a small interest if it gets down to the 0.0009 range. If merger news comes, it'll run hard and I'll bet try to break .30.
Thanks for your comments JKN :)
Nothing new on OXFV.OB, the stock rose a bit yesterday ...
NEWS!!! Out right after clsoe today!!
2005-10-12 16:04:01
Oxford Ventures, Inc. Signs Definitive Merger Agreement to Acquire ULURU Inc.; Completes $13 million Convertible Debenture Offering; Enters $30 Million Standby Equity Distribution Agreement
Business Editors
MESA, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 12, 2005--
Oxford Ventures, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board :
OXFV.OB)("Oxford") today announced that it has signed a definitive
merger agreement to acquire ULURU Inc. ("ULURU"), a private Delaware
company that focuses on advanced topical delivery of pharmaceutical
agents. Separately, today ULURU announced the acquisition of the
topical product assets of Access Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a
transaction valued at up to $20.7 million. Attached to this press
release is a copy of the ULURU press release announcing the
acquisition of the topical product assets.
Under the terms of the merger agreement, ULURU will become a
wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford on the terms previously disclosed in
our Form 8K filling with the Securities and Exchange Commission on
September 13, 2005. In conjunction with the proposed acquisition,
Oxford completed two financing transactions with an investor group
including Highgate House Funds, Ltd. and Cornell Capital Partners LP.
In the first transaction, Oxford has received a commitment for the
sale of $15 million of secured convertible debentures, of which $13
million has been funded with the balance to be received upon the
effectiveness of a registration statement filed with the Securities
and Exchange Commission allowing for the resale of shares issued in
connection with a Standby Equity Distribution Agreement. In the second
financing, Oxford entered into a Standby Equity Distribution Agreement
for up to $30 million.
Commenting on the recent developments, Daniel Leonard, President &
CEO of Oxford, stated, "We have evaluated numerous opportunities for
the company and believe that this series of transactions gives our
shareholders the best opportunity to maximize returns. ULURU offers
exciting potential as it has a developing revenue base and
technologies from which significant product opportunities may be
developed."
This press release contains certain statements that are
forward-looking within the meaning of Section 27a of the Securities
Act of 1933, as amended, and that involve risks and uncertainties,
including but not limited to statements made relating to the
completion of a merger with ULURU Inc. and the business prospects of
ULURU Inc. These statements are subject to numerous risks including
those risks detailed in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for
the year ended December 31, 2004, Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for
the quarter ended June 30, 2005 and other reports filed by us with the
Securities and Exchange Commission.
KEYWORD: NORTH AMERICA ARIZONA UNITED STATES
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL PROFESSIONAL SERVICES BANKING FINANCE MERGER/ACQUISITION
SOURCE: Oxford Ventures, Inc.
CONTACT INFORMATION:
ULURU Inc.
Kerry P. Gray, 214-905-5100
More good news:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051012/125881.html?.v=1
Lalitha
Thanks for posting the news lalitha :)
The first thing to say is that the company wasn't lying. Companies usually scream when they're lying, issuing many press releases. OXFV didn't make any press release, just obligatory SEC filings.
The second thing is that we have big news on a company with a market cap of just $335,768, a company that was completely dead a month ago, with no activity. So, just the fact that there is news is a big deal.
The third is the merger news: Oxford Ventures, Inc. Signs Definitive Merger Agreement to Acquire ULURU Inc.; Completes $13 million Convertible Debenture Offering; Enters $30 Million Standby Equity Distribution Agreement (http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/newsarticle.asp?siteid=mktw&sid=1030366&guid=%7B4427FCE7%2D877C%2D4EA4%2DAE29%2D61AE23ACA828%7D&symb=)
The news was really no news, because its terms were already stated over the last SEC filing from the company:
«On September 6, 2005, Oxford Ventures, Inc. (the "Registrant") entered
into a term sheet (the "Bridge Term Sheet") with Highgate House Funds, Ltd.
("Highgate") and Prentice Capital Management, LP ("Prentice"). Pursuant to the
Bridge Term Sheet, the Registrant agreed to issue bridge notes to Highgate and
Prentice in an amount of up to $15,000,000 (the "Bridge Notes") and to issue
Highgate and Prentice warrants for up to 5,000,000 shares of the Registrant's
common stock for a period of ten years with an exercise price of $0.01 (the
"Warrants"). In exchange for the purchase of the Bridge Notes, the Registrant
will grant Highgate and Prentice a security interest in all of its assets and
will issue shares of common stock in an amount equal to five times the total
amount of the Bridge Notes to be held in escrow in the event of a default under
the Bridge Notes (the "Escrow Shares").
Pursuant to the Bridge Term Sheet, the Bridge Notes will have a term of
two years from the date of issuance and shall bear an interest of ten percent
per annum. The Registrant may redeem the Bridge Notes at any time prior to their
maturity at a price equal to 120% of the face amount redeemed plus any accrued
interest. Highgate and Prentice may at their option convert all or some of the
Bridge Notes plus any accrued and unpaid interest into shares of the
Registrant's common stock at the price of $1.50 per share.
As a condition to closing, the Registrant shall have entered into a
Standby Equity Distribution Agreement ("SEDA") with Cornell Capital Partners, LP
("Cornell"), agreed to a written use of the proceeds from the Bridge Notes and
executed all documents related to the Bridge Notes.
On September 6, 2005, the Registrant entered into a term sheet (the
"SEDA Term Sheet") with Cornell pursuant to which Cornell shall commit to
purchase over the course of two years from the date of the effectiveness of a
registration statement described below up to $30,000,000 of the Registrant's
common stock in increments of up to $1,000,000 (each such increment, an
"Advance"). The purchase price for this common stock shall be 97% of the lowest
daily volume weighted average price of the common stock during the five
consecutive trading days after notice is given requesting an Advance.»
I see them talking about prices at $0.01 and $1.5 but the stock has closed yesterday at $0.0013.
«In connection with the Merger, the holders of Uluru common stock, will
receive 11,000,000 shares of the Registrant's common stock and the shareholders
of Registrant immediately prior to the Merger will retain 1,000,000 shares of
common stock of Registrant.
After giving effect to the Merger, the shares of common stock into
which the Bridge Notes are convertible and the Warrants, Registrant will have
28,000,000 shares of common stock issued and outstanding.»
This is pretty much like a reverse stock split, that's why they talk about those higher prices on the above text.
So, OXFV.OB is over, now I'm holding shares that represent Uluru Inc. Who are these guys? Here's the only news on record about them:
ULURU Inc. Purchases Topical Assets of Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. (http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051012/125881.html?.v=1)
They bought $20.7M of assets from Access Pharmaceuticals (AKC).
The guy who is making all this deal is P. Gray, the former President and CEO of AKC. It looks like he is leaving AKC, creating another company (Uluru) and merging with a shell company (OXFV) to continue with his business. He's taking some of the employees too.
All of this is a lot of information, and it will certainly make the stock move today. I don't know what is the effective day for the merger and that stock split and I don't have time to dig more on this.
After being losing 70% on this trade that I should have never entered (I wouldn't have bought, but Ramsburg didn't completely read my buying instructions), I will sell today if I have a 20% profit on my position, that would be $0.0035.
Hi David...
Do you not think this stock could go much higher than the .0033 previous high?
I was thinking to buy more on open, since it is destinged to move today...but, I am just wondering if this cause a greater run, possiblly a 3 or 4 bagger? Or am I dreaming?
And should the pps hold some of its gains today and possible continue up higher next week due to this news?
thanks very much
julia
This if fun - been holding and almost forgot about it but saw on open it was almost 0.003 so looked at chart and bought more and it looks like it may double from buy - it has resistance at 50 so will see how it does on a pullback
http://tinyurl.com/btd36
Hi David,
I hope you did not sell yet.
Selling is very hard when the stock is going up but I guess that is when you have to sell to make money.
At 10:00 AM OXFV Ask .0052 Bid .0051
At 10:08 AM Ask .0046 Bid .0045
I am going to sit at this computer and watch carefully.
Julia, What are you doing? Are you selling or holding?
Thanks,
Lalitha
Hi lalitha
I bought more on open at .002...sold 2/5ths of it at .005....this looks like a runner today..i think it will exceed the HOD at this time which is .006.
So, i will hold for awhile today and sell another portion if it hits .007..which i believe it may do...it just keeps moving..but, i will take it from there. I watch the t&s and it looks very strong..who knows how high this could go today.
good luck!!
julia
finally i got into something thats actually running in the right direction! ;D..adn fast!! love that part ;D
Congrats to you Julia, I started to pull the trigger but for some reason did not ???..Oh well, there is always next time ;D
Stephen
Nice one Julia, I wanted to get in on the open but the funds are still unsettled at Ameritrade.
Hopefully we'll find something like this for tomorrow.
Bob
you were right gmarc66 broke 7 - I sold some at 75 and will see how the pullback goes - and coudl buy back - was bored holding this but would have not seen news if I did not own it. It is great to get 600% in a day.
A couple of weeks ago a friend told me to buy GLIF and it was at 3.5 cents and ran to 17 - 1500% total from close so I told him about this at open and he did at least a double..
I bought GLIF back yesterday as think it had better odds going higher then much lower.
Wow, I could kick myself not pulling the trigger but I never beat myself up over the coulda, shoulda, woulda...
Was set to jump in about .0018 this morning but decided not to chase it. One of my trading rules is not to chase stocks. I've been burned doing that.
BIG congrats to those that got a multi-bagger. WAY TO GO !!!
GREAT CALL DAVID !
THis is constantly setting new highs all day so far.
It looks like it will do well into the pm part of the day....it is friday..so who knows exactly when the main profit taking will happen..but, i see more from here......01 isnt that far away.
I'm not going to get to cocky...but, i will be watching it closely..if the drop starts to get to big i will sell..or if it goes below .007..i will sell.
I'm still holding my free shares..i just the momentum..and decided not to sell at .007.
good luck to all..there is a limit..lets hope we maximize our profits!!!
thanks very much,
julia
it's thursday! ;D
Holy Moly Batman!!!
UR RIGHT!! IT IS THURSDAY!!! THANKS FOR CORRECTING ME RICKJUST! ;D
That could make me change my plans somewhat..hmm...../
Well..that drop below .007 did not shake me...it looked just like a nice drop..almost picked up more...but, didnt want to be a pig...never know exaclty when things could turn for the worse.
But, i think it will continue today...making more highs..thats what i'm counting and hoping for....
goodluck everyone!! ;D
thanks
julia
Julia,
Thanks for your help.
I sold half at .0065(at 450% profit) when it went below .007 but I still have half my shares(all profit).
Will see what happens at close.
Great day!
Lalitha
Nice lalitha0!
you did better than me..i sold half my shares at .005...i actually had tried to cancel my sell order wehn i saw it moivng..but,it was too late..it got eaten...but, at least i am still riding free shares..so all in all..its been a good day for me finally ;D
Well..excpet literally all my other stocks except 2 have dropped signifcantly..but, i'm just trying to enjoy OXFV today!! And i am!!!
good luck to everyone...i have no idea how this is goiing or if it will contiue tomorrow..right now though it looks very strong...may sell half of my remaining half at some point today..and see if tomorrow continues...never know...rnvo...nnnc....could oxfv be related to them in its movements...i hope so!!! ;D
good luck everyone....DAVID....I hope u held on and didn't sell it all at 20%...I know u have a plan...but, sometimes, a quick adjustment can be good too!!! :D
julia
Well I never played this one but wished David did not sell it. Sometimes these penny pauppers make you millionaire in a blink of a day.
Well done David and 3SF. This guy needs more then applauds. Three cheers and a hurrah!
I am assuming tomorrow its going to be HYRF day. Just dont sell your shares cheap. I may buy more if the stock does not gap open much.
Hi David,
Thank you for a great stock pick!! APPLAUD!! APPLAUD!! :) :) :) :)
( How do I insert Applaud?)
Sorry about the way it all got started, but at least we didn't lose money.
I know that is not as important as staying disciplined.
I see that you sold it at 20% gain as planned. I do applaud your discipline!
Now that the news is out I was wondering what you would do if the stock came up on your
screener today based on todays exceptional performance of OXFV!
Would you decide to buy in tomorrow if there is some pull back? or the day after?
Thanks,
Lalitha
Hello :)
As I see it the hedge funds that provided the capital for all the transactions the company made are selling shares while there is demand for the stock.
I put a sell order at $0.0035 and went away, but what an amazing day yesterday, this could have been a 3 bagger for me instead of just 20%. Well, it was better than losing, thanks for warning me of that merger hidden on the SEC filing lalitha, whitout you it would have been harder to hold the stock.
That 10 day moratorium on selling was wise, it gave me time to learn more about the company and perceive its short term potential.
But now I wouldn't touch it for some time ... some months to come.
Thank you David.
Julia,
I was wondering what you are doing with this stock. I kept some shares in case over the weekend some people will see the action from yesterday and since it pulled back a lot today might get in Monday or tuesday.
Thanks.
Lalitha
NEWS TODAY:
ULURU Formed to Develop Innovative Oral and Topical Products; Commercialization Strategy Focused on Wound Management, Burn Care and Products for Facial Restoration
Business Wire - October 28, 2005 10:42
DALLAS, Oct 28, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- ULURU INC. ("ULURU"), is an emerging pharmaceutical company focused on the development of a portfolio of innovative topical delivery technologies to provide patients and consumers with an improved clinical outcome through controlled delivery. ULURU was formed to acquire the topical assets of Access Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and subsequently merge with Oxford Ventures, Inc. (OTC bulletin board: OXFV). The companies have now entered a definitive merger agreement.
ULURU plans to establish a commercial organization to market products in niche areas including wound management, burn care and facial restoration and plans to out-license products that fall outside the strategic focus of the commercial organization. Commercial partners will be sought to market all products in international markets.
The focus of our development and commercial activities with the nanoparticle aggregate technology is in three market segments, wound management, burn care and dermal fillers for facial restoration. These markets are currently projected to exceed $3 billion and are projected to expand substantially over the next five years. The technology development focus for wound management and burn care is directed towards producing protective film barrier dressings that will release drugs including antibiotics and pain medications. Innovative products in the wound management and burn care categories which can deliver drugs and require significantly less nursing care offer exciting potential.
The dermal filler market is a rapidly expanding category where currently available products degrade in a relatively short period requiring repeat procedures. A significant opportunity exists to develop a permanent sub-dermal filler to address the deep tissue problems associated with facial restoration. Developing such a product is ULURU's focus, which presents us with a unique opportunity to lead the development of a market segment which we project will expand into a market that exceeds $500 million.
As part of the acquisition of the topical product assets of Access Pharamceuticals, Inc., the strategic partnerships associated with the acquired technologies were transferred to ULURU. An extensive network of licenses is in place to globally market our approved products, these alliances include:
Product Partner Territory
------- ------- ---------
OraDisc- Benzocaine Wyeth Consumer Healthcare North America
OraDisc- Amlexanox Discus Dental United States
Zambon Europe
Esteve Spain, Portugal, Greece
Meda AB Scandinavia
ProStrakan UK Ireland
EpiTan Australia / New Zealand
Orient Europharma Asia
In addition ULURU's product Zindaclin, a once daily treatment for acne, has been licensed worldwide to ProStrakan. In turn, ProStrakan has established an extensive network of sub-licensees to market the product globally, including Fujisawa, for certain European markets, Pliva for the Central Eastern Europe region and numerous additional licensees for smaller territories.
The licenses currently in place provide ULURU with licensing revenue on the achievement of certain development and commercial milestones of in excess of $15 million. Additionally, ULURU will receive royalty payments in the range of 5-15% on all worldwide sales.
In addition to ULURU's current OraDisc products, amlexanox for the prevention and treatment of canker sores and benzocaine for oral pain, ULURU has prioritized tooth whitening, cough and cold and desensitizing teeth as the lead consumer product developments. Also, ULURU plans to develop a range of prescription products utilizing OraDisc as a transmucosal delivery device. Supportive cancer care products and migraine relief are the initial development focus.
Commenting on the status of the company, Kerry P. Gray President and CEO of ULURU stated, "Establishing a commercial operation centered on our innovative nanoparticle aggregate technology, which presents us with the opportunity to market numerous products to meet unmet medical needs, is an exciting opportunity. We anticipate that we will continue to expand our network of strategic partners. We are currently working with a number of major pharmaceutical companies who are evaluating our technology and conducting consumer market research. Utilizing our technology portfolio, we believe it is possible to rapidly and cost-effectively develop value-added products. Given the numerous applications of the technology, we believe that we have the opportunity to significantly increase revenue from licensing activities."
ULURU Inc. is an emerging, specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development of a portfolio of topical delivery technologies to proved patients and consumers with an improved clinical outcome through controlled delivery utilizing its innovative transmucosal delivery system and hydrogel nanoparticle aggregate technology.
This press release contains certain statements that are forward-looking within the meaning of Section 27a of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and involve risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to statements made relating to the business prospects of ULURU Inc., the potential for ULURU Inc. to secure and maintain strategic partners, licensing revenues to be received under existing agreements and development of product candidates. These statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties.
SOURCE: ULURU Inc.
ULURU Inc.
Kerry P. Gray, 214-905-5145
President & CEO
LALITHA
And this news just out as well....
ULURU Awarded a U.S. Army Small Business Innovative Research Grant; Grant to Support the Development of a Wound Dressing for Burns
11/1/2005 12:18:01 PM
DALLAS, Nov 01, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- ULURU INC. ("ULURU") who has signed a definitive merger agreement with Oxford Ventures, Inc. (OXFV) today announced the award of a U.S. Army Small Business Innovative Research ("SBIR") Grant.
The U.S. Army SBIR Program has competitively selected a proposal that utilizes ULURU's Hydrogel Nanoparticle Aggregate Technology for award and contract negotiation. The objective of the SBIR proposal solicitation, topic number A05-131, was to design and manufacture a wound dressing that can be placed over burns to enhance the rate of wound closure. Such a dressing should be capable of absorbing wound fluids, speed up the rate of wound healing, require few dressing changes (e.g. can be left in place for up to seven days), provide antibacterial action, deliver nutritive substances, have a long shelf life (e.g. one year) and not require special storage conditions (e.g. freezing).
We believe that ULURU's Hydrogel Nanoparticle Aggregate Technology is well suited for wound healing as it is designed to modify the biochemical environment of a wound in order to maintain an optimum moisture balance with concomitant drug release and has the necessary properties to achieve the design features outlined in the U.S. Army SBIR proposal. Utilizing our innovative Hydrogel Nanoparticle Aggregate topical delivery technology for development of an advanced burn care product outlined in this SBIR is a primary focus of our burn care and wound management product portfolio. ULURU is striving to develop in vitro and in vivo proof-of-concept experiments as specified in the Phase I objectives of the SBIR proposal. To date, we are showing promising results for the improved treatment of burns.
ULURU is applying for up to a $1 million fast-track Phase II SBIR funding to develop and demonstrate the efficacy of a prototype wound dressing and move into human clinical trials. By improving treatment to return damaged skin to optimal appearance and normal function in the shortest time, we anticipate that this wound dressing could be used in a broad range of military and civilian medical settings and may benefit many military and civilian patients suffering from chronic vesicant injuries.
Commenting on the SBIR award Kerry P. Gray, President and CEO of ULURU stated, "This is an important scientific validation of our Hydrogel Nanoparticle Aggregate Technology for the development of burn and wound management products. We look forward to working with the Army to optimize a burn care product for military use."
ULURU Inc. is an emerging specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development of a portfolio of topical delivery technologies to provide patients and consumers with an improved clinical outcome through controlled delivery utilizing its innovative transmucosal delivery system and Hydrogel Nanoparticle Aggregate Technology.
SOURCE: ULURU Inc.
ULURU Inc.
Kerry P. Gray, 214-905-5145
Hi Julia,
Are you still in OXFV?
I am keeping some for the long term. I think there is future in this.
I was wondering what other penny stocks you have. I am getting more and more into penny stocks and I think it is exciting to find them.
Do you have nnvc.pk? Now it just went up over a dollar and closed at $1 today.
Thanks,
Lalitha