The news is the following:
«Hollis-Eden Shares Rise on Contract Hopes
Monday September 26, 4:00 pm ET
Hollis-Eden Shares Spike 18 Percent on Hopes Drug Maker Can Secure Government Contract
NEW YORK (AP) -- Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals Inc. shares rallied Monday as investors snapped up the stock ahead of a bidding process that could hand the company a lucrative government contract.
The San Diego-based company is among dozens of drug makers the government might tap as part of its Project Bioshield. The government-sponsored program will buy $5.6 billion of drugs and vaccines over 10 years to build up the national stockpile in case of a terrorist attack or other disaster.
Investors hoped Hollis-Eden's treatment for Acute Radiation Syndrome, Neumune, might be among those bought by the Health and Human Services Department. Neumune is Hollis-Eden's lead drug candidate. The government will be sending a draft Request for Proposal later this week (on Friday) to drug companies, and inviting them to comment on the process, according to HHS spokesman Mark Wolfson.
Shares of the company spiked $1.49, or 17.3 percent, to $10.10 in afternoon trading on the Nasdaq. The stock is still trading off its 52-week high of $12.20 set last October.
Wolfson said he did not know how many companies would be bidding on the contract to treat radiation. He said a number of companies could be tapped to supply drugs, or it could fall to just one bidder.»
We'll only know on Friday if the government will buy the drugs and vaccines at least partly from HEPH. The market is discounting something here, maybe somebody knows something and is buying ahead of the crowd, I don't know. What I know is that we have a clear «buy the rumor, sell the fact» setup here.
I will buy the rumor at tomorrow's open on HEPH, as usual, 6.66% of the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio. Let me just leave you some charts:
(http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=5832;image)
And the short term chart:
(http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=5833;image)
www.3stocksonfire.org (http://www.3stocksonfire.org) is a community of traders and investors. David Randolph manages two public portfolios there, the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio and the 3 Pennies on Fire Portfolio. He updates the analysis of every holding of his portfolios everyday, so you can check here for updates on HEPH every single day. If you want to receive 3 Stocks on Fire newsletter and exchange trading ideas and stock picks on our message boards, please register (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=register), it takes only 10 seconds :)
It wasn't smart to buy on a gap up after such a bullish run, so I waited a bit to buy and got in at $10.30, still pretty much close to the high of the day.
The candlestick pattern is a meeting lines pattern, which is a bullish continuation pattern. I believe this stock will rise at least until Friday, as buy the rumor supports the stock.
I will continue holding HEPH.
Exit strategy may be a problem if they don't get the contract. Do you plan to hold until the announcement is made?
Quote from: robt on September 28, 2005, 04:27:30 PM
Exit strategy may be a problem if they don't get the contract. Do you plan to hold until the announcement is made?
The rumor is this:
QuoteThe Department of Health and Human Services is expected to issue a draft of a Request for Proposal (RFP) on Friday for such biodefense drugs as Hollis-Eden's Neumune, a treatment for radiation sickness. The RFP would begin the government's bidding process for drugs to be procured under the federal Project BioShield anti-terrorism initiative.
It's just a Request for Proposal so I believe HEPH will at least receive one of these, since Neumune is a treatment for the Acute Radiation Syndrome.
I've enjoyed market action yesterday and I will hold throughout today's session, after the close I will design a trading plan for tomorrow.
HEPH was up a lot at midday, then it went down sharply on heavy volume and recovered some to close almost unchanged for the day. This behaviour is explained by the way investors think: above $11 there were big short term profits to be made and no certainty about tomorrow's news.
So they took profits. When the stock went down below $10 bargain hunters kicked in, because at that price it was worth taking the risk for tomorrow.
I really don't like risk, but I know one must take some to get above average returns. I believe HEPH will get that Request for Proposal (RFP) from the government and will issue a press release on the subject. If we get these news probably we'll start seeing some buy the rumor about they winning a contract out of the $5.6B the government is planning to spend.
Do I really want to own this stock if they don't get the RFP? No, I don't, since that news was the origin for the technical buy signal. So, if the stock breaks $9.5 tomorrow I'll take my loss and move on (on an intraday basis).
If they get the RFP I want to let the profits run, because these news will fuel more buy the rumor for the stock. The number of companies that will get the RFP is important too, the fewer the better.
Sold HEPH @ $9.46 for the 3SOF Portfolio, following David's trading plan:
Quote from: David Randolph on September 29, 2005, 08:51:17 PM
Do I really want to own this stock if they don't get the RFP? No, I don't, since that news was the origin for the technical buy signal. So, if the stock breaks $9.5 tomorrow I'll take my loss and move on (on an intraday basis).
Mr. Ramsburg, I was attempting to post as your message arrived:
I decided not to join you here, but I've been following and just saw the precipitous fall based on how paltry the govmnt contract turned out to be. I'm posting here in case anyone is unaware of the situation and is looking for news.
The contract is only for 100,000 doses, insufficient to support HEPH's current market cap even if they were to get the contract.
Good call Frederick, that was UGLY :P
Broke 2 support lines to $7.00 and is now in seriously painful territory. I am very glad I didn't get in on this one, as I was fully invested elsewhere, but a perfect example of why it is so crucial to set your stops.
I really hope people didn't get burned badly by this one.
Hard stop set after seeing Davids update (Much appreciated!). Out with small loss.
I am stuck holding this one, and IDSA now. Missed the post as I am working during the day. I have huge losses in these two :( I see stuff come through on Feedreader, but there is no way to see who the author is, this is one reason why I suggested david and ramsburg's posts be copied over to a read only board for the open trade, daily updates, and close trade post, if this was the case, I probably wouldnt have missed both of these and be stuck holding the bag.
Happy trading all, glad most of you got out.
You are not alone - I am sure - that happened fast - --
I was away to town at exactly the wrong time ---
Very expensive gallon of milk ---
I lost about 30% - but I am not continuing to hold - - -
I will recover by staying with SOF strategy
In for the long term & confident.
That was an ugly move to watch...
But it was good that David established an intraday stop price this time.
I hope most of you have jumped out with a minor loss following the plan... This kind of move is a risk that we all should be aware when trading stocks, and it's a good learning lesson about stop orders...
Jb and nberski, I'm sad to ear that, I hope your next trades go well... :-(
Ramsburg,
Buying at 6.3, is it not a deal at that price, considering its late historical price?
ditto ib and nberski. I was busy last night and did not read david's exit stragedy and was gone all day today until a few minutes ago. too bad for us. I agree we should have david's updates in one place so as not to waste too much time.
A helpfull trick I use is to click on Davids name - this takes you to his profile page then go to the bottom of his page and click on the last posts of this person (David)
After your visit of Davids posts you can revisit them - and get his fresh posts - by using your search history window drop down. It is fast and you can search through his posts on one page.
you get all his posts with only one or two clicks.
Glad this weeks over - Tyria, SFP, HEPH - They look like abreviations for diseases.
That is the risk if you do not have time to day-trade for momentum stocks.
The stock lost 1/3 of its value in one day!!
I exited the stock just after the market opened Friday because I was not feeling good for the trend of this stock.
I only bought 500 shares.
Also exited SFP after market opened Friday. I did not feel well after I read their ER. I only hold 1200 shares of SFP.
Jesus, this was really awful on HEPH. I was afraid of holding the stock, so I set a stop at $9.5. Ramsburg sold out all my position at $9.46, and then the stock collapsed. That's the risk of buying the rumor, when the news doesn't really come out, stocks break badly :-\
As someone said to me at «Space Mountain» on EuroDisney, «Je suis desolée», because some of you didn't read the update and didn't stop this position.
Taking a lesson for the future, from now on I will send an e-mail to our subscribers before the opening bell with the specific trading plans for every stock held on the 3 Stocks on Fire and 3 Pennies on Fire Portfolios. You can read the explanation on our message boards, but a condensed trading plan will always be sent.
I hope this helps and let's move on, there are opportunities waiting for us (HEPH will probably rebound a bit today, what an enormous fall, good luck to all those still holding)
If I would have only known about you holiday misfortune... :'(
Anyway, I'm one of the ones that did not get out. Was enjoying a very nice dinner. A very expensive one as it turns out now :(
Big bummer. Hope it rebounds a little today and will get the hell out! Think it will, because it really does not make sense that this news would bring it to its year low!! Almost tempted to add, but I will hold that temptation and stick to the rules :-\
Amarens
HEPH dropped 50% last two days. Its fundamental did not change at all.
So this may be an over-reaction.
Its candlestick chart indicates a possible bullish reversal (mornng star).
If tomorrow it has a gap up and closed at the high or closed at a white candlestick, it will be a highly reliable bullish reversal.
Thanks Swawfund.
Believe me I have my eye on it. And that was my remark too about the fundamentals.
Amarens
Quote from: shawFund on October 03, 2005, 11:35:00 PM
HEPH dropped 50% last two days. Its fundamental did not change at all.
So this may be an over-reaction.
Its candlestick chart indicates a possible bullish reversal (mornng star).
Agreed, shawFund. Bought in yesterday at $5.75. Talk about a stock on sale!
I'm glad to see some positive information and optimism on HEPH which I am still holding. I totally missed David's sell message. Hope to shorten my loss. I'll keep reading your messages for info.
Thanks
Stockgranny
HEPH just break out the level of 6$
I didn't find any news who could explain that suddent move!
I am in.
News from wires states,
"HEPH 60 Minutes to do a piece on radiation poisioning from a nuclear attack -- could be postiive for Hollis Eden (5.32 +0.04)
60 Minutes Sunday is expected to report on the readiness of the U.S. to medically treat the thousands of people who would be affected if terrorists use a nuclear bomb on America. (See link for 60 Minutes promo on CBS site). Ed Bradley reports, David Gelber and Joel Bach are the producers. BriefingTrader Note: While AMGN and other large drug cos are working on agents to treat radiation poisoning, we would not be surprised to hear from Hollis Eden (HEPH, $110 mln cap) as part of the 60 Minutes report. HEPH's leading drug candidate, Neumune, could protect the body against the effects of radiation exposure."
Like I said way back, I did not get out of HEPH. Actually I decided to ad shares since I thought the sell off to be ridiculous. HEPH rose a lot over the last day. This is the only news I was able to find trying to explain this.
UPDATE 1-Hollis-Eden up 19 pct on nuclear preparedness talk
Fri Jan 27, 2006 08:20 PM ET
(Adds company comments, closing stock price, byline)
By Deena Beasley
LOS ANGELES, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Shares of Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals Inc. (HEPH.O: Quote, Profile, Research) rose 19 percent on Friday ahead of a segment on U.S. nuclear preparedness set to run Sunday on news magazine program "60 Minutes."
"You can see a preview on the CBS Web site .... I'm sure that has something to do with the stock today," said Ronald Opel, an analyst at Moors & Cabot.
Shares of the San Diego-based company rose 99 cents to close at $6.27 on Nasdaq.
Hollis-Eden has been considered a top contender to supply the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services with a drug for acute radiation sickness under the $5.6 billion Project Bioshield established after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks to build up the national drug stockpile in the event of a terrorist attack or other disaster.
"There seems to be some confusion with how Bioshield is being implemented and how the congressmen who passed it would like it to be implemented," said Richard Hollis, chairman and chief executive at Hollis-Eden.
Word from HHS last year that it would seek to buy just 100,000 doses of a radiation sickness drug, rather than the 10 million some analysts had expected, sparked a sharp sell-off of Hollis-Eden shares.
"Now that we are past (Hurricanes) Katrina and Wilma and bird flu, the focus is back on a potential nuclear event," Opel said.
He cited renewed worries of nuclear weapons capability in Iran, recent threats from Osama Bin Laden, as well as comments from French President Jacques Chirac on his willingness to use nuclear weapons for the media attention.
The "60 Minutes" report quotes Lee Hamilton, vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission, as saying, "We know it is possible to have a nuclear attack very soon and we must not go about business as usual."
Radiation damages the bone marrow, which produces infection-fighting white blood cells, platelets that help blood to clot, and oxygen-carrying red blood cells. The result is lethal infections and hemorrhaging.
Hollis-Eden's experimental drug Neumune -- so far tested only in monkeys -- is designed to protect components of bone marrow, enabling the body to recuperate over several weeks after radiation exposure.
The company is also talking with the U.S. Department of Defense regarding a potential separate procurement for Neumune for use by the military.
That contract would likely be for 1 million to 2 million courses of the drug, Opel said.
"I understand that there is movement in those talks," the analyst said.
Richard Hollis said the company hopes to have a final order from the DOD sometime in the first half of this year.
He said the HHS order "is not addressing the mass casualty scenario of a nuclear event in a major city. It is really addressing a few lucky people who would find their way to a hospital."
© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.
I'll keep a close eye on it. Almost back in the positive ;) and will definitely not get into losses again >:D >:D
Updated chart below
Amarens
Amarens, I think you will get you money back soon!
I hope for you anyway!
Here is a intraday chart with its strong intraday ascending support line. I hope it will hold!
I did not get out of HEPH too. Actually I ad shares since I thought the sell off to be ridiculous. HEPH rose a lot over the last day. This is the only news on Yahoo message board I was able to find trying to explain this.
Deserves a Post Part 1 6-Aug-06 08:53 pm
On this Aniversary of the Hiroshima human tragedy, of this deserves reposting. Yes, it is hype but hype with a lot of truth behind it.
The Vice Chairman of the
9/11 Commission Calls It
Bush's "#1 Priority"
And You Can Use It to Increase Your Fortune
Seven-Fold By September 15
Dear Investment U Reader,
It's often been said that "One great speculation is worth a lifetime of prudent investing."
But what happens when that "great speculation" turns out to be a sure thing? An elite group of investors plans to find out by September 15, 2006.
That's the deadline for a blockbuster announcement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that is likely to drive shares of one small-cap pharmaceutical company right into the stratosphere. And could give shareholders an estimated seven-fold return – or more – in the process.
Here's how...
A relatively unknown biotech company has done something truly extraordinary. It has developed an effective therapy for Acute Radiation Syndrome (ARS), a life-threatening condition that results from exposure to high levels of radiation.
The Pentagon wants this drug for U.S. troops in high-risk areas overseas. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security would like to stockpile millions of doses for Americans who live in major metropolitan areas, in case of a terrorist attack.
And the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has already expressed an interest in purchasing 100,000 doses of this new, patented drug. But that's just the beginning of the story...
"A hundred thousand doses is not nearly enough," says Lee Hamilton, vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission. "If you really had a major attack you probably would need much more than that. One estimate we made was that we'd need 10 million doses."
That's right. Ten million doses...
Sentiment : Strong Buy
Today, one of David old friend, HEPH seems to be on fire since a few minutes(News is leaking???), waiting for the HHS award confirmation after 4 different delay!.
"This coming week promises to see some fun volatility as Hollis Eden's (NasdaqGM: HEPH) "tentative date" for an award under Project Bioshield on March 7th approaches."
Good luck all!
Some bad news for HEPH.
Government Nukes Hollis-Eden's Radiation Drug
Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals (HEPH)
Share price as of Wednesday's close: $4.28
Share price now: $2.90
Percent change: -32.2%
Volume: 6.8 million shares, daily average 303,500
The News
Investors in Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals (HEPH: 2.75, -0.08, -2.8%) jammed evacuation routes Thursday after the U.S. government abruptly pulled the rug from under plans to stockpile the San Diego company's experimental treatment for radiation sickness. Shares dropped 32% by the close of trading.
The Department of Health and Human Services late Wednesday cancelled its request for proposals, a move that effectively ended prospects for Neumune, Hollis-Eden's flagship steroid compound that was being developed as a treatment for acute radiation syndrome. Early animal testing showed the drug to be effective in improving survival rates in monkeys, dogs and mice if used between four and 24 hours after radiation exposure.
Neumune was developed under the auspices of Project BioShield, a $5.6 billion government-funded program intended to harness the private sector to develop remedies to biological and nuclear terrorism threats. The drug hasn't been approved by the Food and Drug Administration, but had been tested by the Department of Defense and reduced the internal bleeding, infection and bone marrow damage caused by radiation in animals.
Richard Hollis, chief executive of Hollis-Eden, said the decision came as a complete surprise considering all communications with Health and Human Services led management to expect a contract for 100,000 doses of the drug. The company has spent $80 million to $90 million over the past four years to develop Neumune.
"This decision by HHS to exclude our proposal and cancel the RFP [request for proposals] is shocking and difficult to understand," Hollis said in a conference call Thursday afternoon. "No other rationale was provided for this decision. While we will attempt to gain a better understanding from HHS why this determination was made, we clearly met all of the very detailed requirements of the solicitation.
"With Neumune's attractive safety and efficacy profile, we are at a loss to explain why HHS would not want to procure this drug candidate for the protection of the American people. It would be more understandable if there were other medical countermeasures as far along in development with a superior profile, but given that HHS has chosen to cancel the solicitation altogether, that is clearly not the case."
Mark Wilson, a spokesman for the agency, says federal law prevents HHS from detailing its reasons for canceling the drug order. However, Hollis-Eden has the right to request a thorough debriefing from the agency.
"The department is ready to provide them with that briefing," Wilson says. "We definitely plan on issuing a new request for proposals as soon as possible. The department remains committed to purchasing products to respond to this type of threat. This is not totally scrapping the program — we are going to pursue these products, and there will be a new RFP."
Hollis said the company will soon begin clinical trials on Neumune as a potential treatment for infection. He added that within the year Hollis-Eden will also embark on the path to FDA approval with two other steroidal drugs, one for diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis, and the other for treating prostate cancer and breast cancer.
"Despite the near-term setback, our opportunities do not rest with [treatment] for acute radiation syndrome alone," the CEO said.
Canaccord Adams analyst Joseph Pantginis lowered his rating on the stock to Hold from Buy on the news.
The Analysis
There are radioactive isotopes that are easier to handle than some negotiations between publicly traded companies and government bureaucracies, and Hollis-Eden learned that the hard way. The absence of further information made a lousy impression on Wall Street as well.
"We are deeply disappointed with the obscurity by which the agency makes its decisions," wrote Rodman & Renshaw analyst Navdeep Jaikaria in a note published Thursday. However, he maintained his Buy rating on the stock, saying that Hollis-Eden's scientific advances, unrelated to governmental machinations, have been significant.
"They have created tremendous value from the second-generation steroid platform," Jaikaria says, because they can harness the immunosuppressive properties of steroids without the damaging side effects. "That is obviously something of a dream."
But Hollis-Eden was concentrating on a nightmare scenario — the aftermath of a nuclear attack or an instance of nuclear terrorism — and the government response left its CEO bewildered and enraged.
"This industry in general has not participated heavily in Project BioShield," Hollis said. "There's a lack of transparency, and the ability to change the rules in the middle of the game is very disheartening. We spent four years with this drug's development, and not being told along the way what technical merits we weren't meeting would make it hard to participate in another HHS procurement process."
He said investors have every right to be disappointed, but that may prove a secondary consideration if the government effectively sidelines the most promising treatment for radiation sickness at a time when the threat of nuclear terrorism is still high.
"I have a little edge to me here — we've been focused on this technology for quite a while, and we've made incredible progress," Hollis said. "We felt that developing Neumune for the country would give the company, would give the science, the recognition it deserves. This is a setback we're not very pleased with."
Fred Ikle, a fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies and an expert on nuclear issues, says the BioShield project has given more weight to the threat of biological warfare than the consequences of a nuclear attack.
"If I may make a rough judgment, protection against biological warfare is farther along," he says. That's partly due to the nature of BioShield program, which must jostle for attention along with the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense. "It has a lot of good features, which in my view have not been well implemented."
Pantginis, of Canaccord Adams, said HHS is a troubled agency, and that political machinations may well be playing a bigger role than pure science. The news program "60 Minutes" last January broadcast a report that said Rep. Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican, sought the removal of Project BioShield Director Stewart Simonson, a political appointee whom the congressman said showed the same sort of "arrogance" and "lack of experience" as disgraced former FEMA director Michael Brown.
"Health and Human Services is an agency that's been broken," Pantginis says. "There's been a lot of turnover there. This is not about science. This is about politics."
The Bottom Line
Biotech investors aren't strangers to the harsh extremes of fortune. Even encouraging intermediate trial results can send a company's stock through the roof, and bad news can sink a stock with equal speed and severity.
Hollis-Eden's travails in the snake pit of governmental infighting should not have been a complete surprise to investors, despite management's assurances that the process was moving along nicely.
A quick look at VaxGen (VXGN: 1.95, -0.11, -5.3%), another BioShield darling, shows that in 2004 it received an $877 million contract to develop an anthrax vaccine. Investors bid up the shares at a feverish pace. The company never delivered the vaccine, and HHS recently canceled the contract. Along the way, VaxGen managed to get itself delisted from the Nasdaq due to accounting irregularities.
Since then, Pantginis says BioShield contracts have been small, despite ample funding. Over the last 18 months, BioPort, now Emergent BioSolutions (EBS: 11.87, -0.13, -1.1%), notched a $120 million anthrax vaccine contract; Human Genome Sciences (HGSI: 10.63, +0.01, +0.1%) got a $165 million anthrax vaccine contract; and Canadian company Cangene received an anthrax vaccine contract worth $165 million and a botulism treatment contract worth $363 million.
"From day one, when Project BioShield was approved, it has never been enacted the way it was intended — which was to foster companies and give them incentives to develop responses against these threats," Pantginis says. "The company spent $80 million to $90 million on this drug that maybe will never see the light of day."
If it's possible to look past the infighting and the political fallout, Jaikaria says this is a buying opportunity for an entirely different type of investor. With a cash balance of $72 million, Hollis-Eden has sufficient funds to survive for a bit more than two years at its current burn rates, enough to push some of its drugs down a more conventional developmental pipeline.
"In our view it's a shakeup to all the people who were looking for a contract, but it allows the new investor, the long-term investor to come in," he says. "It's a true opportunity in my view."
News that HHS has sidetracked a potential treatment for an attack that remains unthinkable — but all too possible — may well result in congressional hearings and a closer look at the modest achievements of Project BioShield.
"Until then," says Pantginis, "it's time to get back to the 'normal' business of biotech."
http://www.smartmoney.com/onedaywonder/index.cfm?story=20070308&afl=yahoo
HEPH seems just too cheap not to own it. Therefore I picked up a few shares yesterday.
Cheers
All she is lacking right now is volume
AP
Hollis-Eden Up on Cancer Study Data
Friday September 7, 9:08 am ET
Hollis-Eden Shares Rise on Data Showing Lasting Effectiveness of Breast Cancer Drug
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Shares of Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals Inc. jumped in Friday premarket trading after the company said data from an animal study showed its cancer drug candidate, HE3235, continued to prevent breast cancer tumor growth even after dosing ended.
The stock surged 33 cents, or 20 percent, to $1.97 in premarket trading, having closed Thursday at $1.64. Shares have ranged between $1.42 and $7.49 over the past year.
At the ASCO Breast Cancer Symposium in San Francisco, Hollis-Eden presented prior data that showed HE3235 significantly inhibited new tumors and stopped the growth of existing tumors in a preclinical breast cancer study involving rats.
The company said updated data shows that existing tumors in these HE3235-treated animals didn't progress and no new tumors were reported during the five weeks of observation after dosing stopped, in contrast to vehicle-treated animals in which tumors continued to grow.
"The new data indicating that the anti-tumor benefit of HE3235 was sustained for five weeks after dosing stopped are striking in light of the fact that approved breast cancer treatments lose activity once treatment is discontinued," the company said in a statement.
Hollis-Eden plans to file an investigational new drug application with the Food and Drug Administration in the first quarter of 2008 in order to initiate a planned Phase I/II clinical cancer trial with HE3235.
"The lasting anti-tumor effect of HE3235 reported in this animal model of breast cancer suggests the compound is causing tumor cells to undergo apoptosis, or die," said Richard B. Hollis, chairman and CEO of Hollis-Eden. "Therefore, the compound may act through a novel mechanism of action that could make it useful in treating multiple types of cancer."
Currently the leading approved drug treatments for prostate or breast cancer focus on blocking the effects of testosterone or estrogen, and generate annual sales of $500 million to $2 billion.
52wk Range: 1.42 - 7.49
Volume: 9,103,769
Avg Vol (3m): 261,944
Technicals
Close Above the 50-day MA
Most Actives
Gap Up
Percentage Gainer
Last Price Quote is:
38.33%above 13-day MA
29.50%above 50-day MA
RS Rating: 47
Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $66.91
P/E Ratio: NA
PEG Ratio: N/A
Next Earnings: 11/09/2007
Last Analyst Rating: Mkt Outperform
ANNOUNCES POSITIVE RESULTS:
Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (HEPH) announced
new preclinical data with its drug candidate HE3235 for the treatment of cancer. Data reported
this week in an oral presentation at the 4th International Conference on Tumor Progression &
Therapeutic Resistance, held October 4-5, 2007 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, demonstrated
that HE3235 significantly inhibited tumor growth in a preclinical model of hormone-independent
prostate cancer utilizing human tumor cells. Hormone independent tumors are associated with
late-stage prostate cancer, a condition for which there currently is no effective treatment.