3SOF

Public 3SOF Boards => Personal Logs => Topic started by: gambler2075 on February 17, 2006, 03:52:03 PM

Title: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 17, 2006, 03:52:03 PM
I've decided to continue my mirror trades thread here... it really doesn't belong in the stock picks thread, and definitely not under the vtss thread...

basically, for those of you who don't know, I belong to a trading group with other traders who trade with blocks ranging from 2000$ to 400,000$ in a single stock... I've realized that the trades that I had that did the best were not my own ideas... but I got them from the board.

For example, my cesv pick (originally), my nyny pick... vtss... mrvc... etc etc... they were all originated by this group. For example, they were pounding the table on lnux yesterday at 2.20... and you all know what happened to that.

I will definitely delineate when I come up with a pick, vs the board being behind a pick...but I just decided that this is probably the best way to keep track of my picks. I don't have time to cover all of the picks, but I will try to give a representative cross-section. Let's see how this goes.

My personal trading style is to go for singles, not homeruns. Maybe 3-5% moves at a time.

Pick: MRVC... still continuing. This one was called at 2.90...

Personal pick is rheo... I bought today at 3.44... due for an oversold bounce, IMHO.

GLTA.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: doyerdiligence on February 17, 2006, 04:35:01 PM
400,000 block in a single stock huh
::)
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 17, 2006, 04:56:21 PM
No, 400,000$, not 400,000 shares...

for example, goog... 1000 shares.

I don't have NEARLY that kind of money, of course. Usually the big guys on that board trade with ~75,000 to 150,000$...

g
p.s. watching nabi (appears to have broken out) and sva (double bot off 4, 200dma there too... bird flu getting hot... clinical trial news due in March)
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 17, 2006, 08:13:14 PM
Just wanted to update...

currently long 5100 shares of rheo at DCA of ~3.50. This is my personal pick, but I believe this will bounce next week some more, given that it is a pick at thecontrariantrader.com, and people have called and the company supposedly said that they would be releasing more information about the Rheopheresis trial results (ahem, like p-values, please?) "in 2 to 4 weeks". They said this slightly more than 1 week ago.

Looking for 5.

trading board still has position in vtss, mrvc, jdsu (3.03), amcc (3.57).

My personal pick right now is rheo. (Unfortunately the board doesn't 'have my back' on that one... lol)

GLTA
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 19, 2006, 11:29:59 AM
Just wanted to add a quick update since it is FREEZING in the northeast and it is too cold to go out and do anything ;)

Anyway. Just wanted to add a little info on the forthcoming picks here...

I don't touch otcbb or pk stocks... None of the picks from the mirror trades will be otc/pk... I have been burned a couple of times by those stocks, averaging in, and getting worked each time. I just spent the past 15 minutes re-reading the eyii thread in this board and I truly feel sorry for those who invested everything at 0.10 and above... Some of the comments could have been written by me, 2 years ago. Now I refuse to touch those types of stocks, period. There will certainly be doubles and even 10 baggers in the otc group... but I have now decided that my trading style should be to repeatedly pick stocks that will hopefully make 3-5% moves in 1-2 days... I'm comfortable with 300-500$ trades every few days.

Usually I won't stray from mirroring trades (the last 3 mirrors I did were SIFY 12.50-13.15, VTSS 3.16-3.25 and MRVC 2.95-3.04) but maybe just for this time for RHEO...

If you want to just mirror trades, RHEO is NOT a mirror trade. Want to make that abundantly clear. However, I think it is due for 5+ within a week or two. The board is heavy on mrvc... which was a pretty darn good buy at 2.90 a few days back. I personally don't have any, but then again I am only playing with 15,000$, unlike some of the traders on the board... the leader is currently long 80,000 shares of vtss and 40,000 shares of mrvc among other holdings. 

Stay warm!
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 20, 2006, 02:54:16 PM
I emailed the head of PR for RHEO and got an incredibly reassuring response. See the following thread:

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=4542.0

IMHO the strategy on this play is to hold the stock until the PR comes out. Could be tomorrow, could be next week... I am sure the stock will gap up on the release of the PR.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 20, 2006, 09:16:22 PM
In the interest of fairness (and for reasons I won't go into here) I decided to post the email on the Yahoo Rheo message board, message 7151.

Now the playing field is level again.
Good luck.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 21, 2006, 11:49:06 AM
they've sold all their mrvc at 3.04-3.05
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 21, 2006, 01:35:12 PM
although I am up a little from friday, with rheo, I still believe this will be at least high 3's when the markets turn around...

g

still holding rheo. no other positions. That's why I am a "gambler"... trading with money I can afford to lose.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 21, 2006, 03:29:56 PM
Plan to hold this one til 5.50 at least.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 21, 2006, 09:29:20 PM
no heavy duty buys on the board today... some bought nvax at 5...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 22, 2006, 11:44:32 AM
sorry guys,
they shook me out of rheo.

sold 4500/5100 shares at 3.77, + 1300.

still holding 600 from friday.

looking to reenter tomorrow or the next day.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 22, 2006, 03:55:20 PM
sold the last 600 at 3.87.

now long 4000 shares of sva at 4.07.

This should move on Bird flu issues...

good luck,
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 23, 2006, 07:32:06 AM
Here are the reasons I bought SVA

1. Bird flu is back in the news, and it is getting hyped ridiculously. I expect this trend to continue

2. NVAX ran over the past few days... I expect sva to follow

3. 4 looks like strong double bottom support

4. 200 DMA at 3.91... I think 4.01 was the bottom yesterday.

5. SVA opened at 4.47 yesterday... the 2 day decline due for a bounce

6. Bird flu conference on Feb 27-28

http://www.comminit.com/avianinfluenza/2006-events/events-4283.html

7. Clinical trial results due in March.

Good luck!
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 23, 2006, 01:20:10 PM
Wow... this is too hard to post about other people's trades... I think I'll just post the trades that I follow that are mirrors.

they sold all their vtss, amd, amcc.

Currently long 4000 sva at 4.07-8 and 500 more at 4.00.

Gonna hold for at least 3 trading days, or 5%.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 24, 2006, 10:48:38 AM
Still holding sva in my deathgrip. Seems to be fighting through 4.05 resistance, especially on a day like this. With the bird flu conference next week and the fact that I am certain we will get some BF news over the weekend, I'm fairly confident (lol famous last words)

g


Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 24, 2006, 01:23:30 PM
bot a little navr at 3.74... I think this found support and should move over 4 shortly.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 27, 2006, 05:50:16 PM
sold 4.4k navr at 3.89... + 600
may move higher but I will take it.

now holding 3.5k nyny at 4.82 for a REAL gamble... gotta live up to my name.

g
p.s. SVA is killing me. of all the BF stocks I COULD have picked... gnbt, nvax, bcrx... SSHHHEESH.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on February 28, 2006, 06:21:56 PM
current position:

still long 500 sva from 4.00 (oops)

last sold 4k sva at 4.00 (hehe) (-320)

bot 4.4k navr at 3.74, sold 3.89 (+600)

bot 3.5k nyny 4.82, sold 4.75 (-250)

decided to rent some rheo for 2-3 days (bot 4.7k @ 3.55)

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=1609752977&tid=rheo&sid=1609752977&mid=9278

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 01, 2006, 07:45:43 PM
Thought that the rheo move was going to be bigger... then I realized that the information that came out today was something everybody knew... that the update would be coming out, and that it would come fairly soon. I was actually expecting the PR any minute now (today/tomorrow) and now that I know it is going to be a week, I refuse to hold for that long.

Sold into the strength 4.7k at 3.74 (a teeny bit early for today), for + 900.

bot sva at 3.51 (also a teeny bit early) for 5k, because I think this is oversold (was 4.4 like 1 week ago) and gosh darnit, I will go down with the sva ship here... c'mon. Bird flu. Trials phase I... update is coming... imho, oversold over the past 2 days.

May get out +500 here. We will see.

g

p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if rheo runs to 4+, but oh well.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 02, 2006, 05:02:45 PM
I admit that sva scared the crap outta me this morning at 3.27... missed calling the bottom by 1 day... and missed holding rheo for just one more day. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

OTOH, sva came back nicely and I believe this should hit 4 tomorrow. This bird flu stock imho is one of the best out there, and has been ridiculously pounded over the past 2 weeks when all the others were going up. Total bs, imho... now I believe it is back on its way towards it's true value, which should be easily over 5.

glta
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 03, 2006, 09:57:55 AM
Ack. the bastards...

sold 5k at 3.70, + 900, and sold the other 500 at 3.86 (-100)

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 03, 2006, 01:19:54 PM
Bought all in on miva at 4.17...

some of the guys on the board I follow are also in it to the tune of ~50k shares...

looking for a quick o/s bounce.

gl
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 03, 2006, 01:35:48 PM
Dang... the heavy hitter on my board has loaded up with 200k shares of lu at 2.85-ish... among his other holdings (dvw as well... and some others)

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 03, 2006, 01:42:44 PM
I'm thinking he might hold for just a few days longer after selling his vtss and mrvc (and jdsu) waay too cheap.. ;)
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 03, 2006, 01:49:54 PM
Looking at miva it seems to me like they are trying to keep a lid on it for some reason... the buying interest was quickly squelched in a couple of minutes... If this was going to fall, they would let it fall under it's own weight. The fact that they have to keep it down imho means something good is going to happen.

we will see.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 03, 2006, 06:59:06 PM
ooh... this one is going to be interesting... they shorted rimm... one person short 1000 shares at 84.5 (probably 20% of his port? just guessing) and another shorting 800 shares at 85.6 (definitely <10% of his port)

have a good w/e, all

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 06, 2006, 08:44:37 AM
Hmm.. this is probably how they get to have such huge portfolios...

rimm is taking a pounding this morning, relatively. 81.3 last I checked...

they sold 135k of lu at 2.87-89... I guess he wanted to lighten the load.

pounding the table on insm at 2.15 a bit ago.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 06, 2006, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 03, 2006, 01:35:48 PM
Dang... the heavy hitter on my board has loaded up with 200k shares of lu at 2.85-ish... among his other holdings (dvw as well... and some others)

g

dvw ain't looking bad either... these guys are pretty darn good, imo.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 06, 2006, 11:11:27 AM
they covered half of rimm at 81.1... still approx 1k short.

dvw ain't looking bad either.

or lu

or insm bought at 2.15

or miva (some nice block trades going through)

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 06, 2006, 02:32:34 PM
they sold almost all of their dvw at 1.62 ish... not a surprise. rimm covered at 81.8

abandoning ship on lu... 2.87-2.90

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 06, 2006, 02:51:22 PM
I feel like gambling today.
sold all of my miva flat, bought gtcb at 1$.

do not try this at home, folks.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 06, 2006, 04:25:07 PM
should test 1.10 tom so I would probably be out +10%.

We will see...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 06, 2006, 10:08:31 PM
The best part about having my own thread is that although there have been 625 views, I am the only one posting on it  :P

I know that half of you reading this thread are just checking back and waiting for my portfolio to blow up one of these days (heck, after all, who puts all of his port... 20k into one stock anyways)

that's ok... I trade for entertainment mostly... I could lose it all and have alot more free time... lol. and one day I probably will.

g
check back for more entertainment tomorrow , y'all hear now?
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: dcp303 on March 06, 2006, 11:20:59 PM
lol gambler, i enjoy watching u bet it all. I do wish d be a little more careful i wanna see you succeed and keep goin! GL !
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 06, 2006, 11:34:35 PM
Hehe... thanks, man. Don't worry about me. I'll be ok even if I lose it all.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 07, 2006, 03:50:04 PM
sold all of gtcb, flat... 1.00.

bought all in on vsgn... many on the board are buying it. Bought at 3.05. All in. 

news expected soon. Presenting phase 3 results on sunday.


VSGN's Phase III SIMPADICO results (treatment for peripheral
arterial disease) will be presented at a late-breaking session of the
55th Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology.
Initial results to be presented Sunday, March 12, at 2:45 p.m. E.T.
VSGN notes that PAD affects approximately nine million people, with
related healthcare costs exceeding $10 bln annually. BriefingTrader
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 07, 2006, 09:10:41 PM
I believe VSGN will have the classic "run-into-expected-good-news" type behavior that rheo has had over the past week or so... from when I bought in at 3.55... (and <cough> <cough> sold waaaay too early... lol)
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 11:11:18 AM
Was going to sell vsgn today at 3.25 but looking at how my rheo is running into tomorrows news I think I will hold vsgn for another day.

glta.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: wrangler on March 08, 2006, 12:00:51 PM
Hi gambler2075
Be careful on those approval plays I got burnt really bad on GTCB. Was hoping for approval of one of there products and lost about 1800.00 and it fell so fast when it didn't get approval I couldn't sell for more. Told myself I'll never play drug approval play's again.
Goodluck trading :)
 
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 07, 2006, 03:50:04 PM
sold all of gtcb, flat... 1.00.

bought all in on vsgn... many on the board are buying it. Bought at 3.05. All in. 

news expected soon. Presenting phase 3 results on sunday.


VSGN's Phase III SIMPADICO results (treatment for peripheral
arterial disease) will be presented at a late-breaking session of the
55th Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology.
Initial results to be presented Sunday, March 12, at 2:45 p.m. E.T.
VSGN notes that PAD affects approximately nine million people, with
related healthcare costs exceeding $10 bln annually. BriefingTrader
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 01:30:12 PM
Roger... wasn't planning on holding through the weekend anyway... vsgn is looking good now, though.

3.36.

g
p.s. the most important thing that I have ever learned in the markets was the self-knowledge to realize that when full time traders are trading with 2 million$ + portfolios make calls, they really mean business, and they are usually better calls than I can make. The lesson learned was to mirror them. VSGN is another mirror.... the traders are in with > 50k shares and 100k shares on the board, and I guess it's starting to become apparent how they got portfolios to the size that they are now.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 02:18:22 PM
Alright. I sold my vsgn at 3.32-3 (+9% from yesterday)...

the board is actually still holding their shares... will probably go up more, then they will sell, which is why they have huge portfolios. I'm happy with my small gains in a day. That's my style.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 02:25:06 PM
All in on sndk, 53.44

o/s

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 03:48:40 PM
I like the way this is trading. I think the weak hands get out tomorrow, and the greedy people who think they missed the boat buy from me tomorrow at 57-8. We will see...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 03:50:59 PM
Still looking for reentry in nyny after hopefully bad news. looks like it will get well under 4 with a full EIS required.

not buying nyny at 4.05, of course.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 04:11:38 PM
hehe... oops. I meant that the weak hands get out TODAY... not tomorrow.

lol
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 04:17:28 PM
Looking closely at nvtl... looks like an oversold bottom has been put in. Plus it was picked by thecontrariantrader.

No position yet but may go in tomorrow if sndk "cooperates" :)

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 04:18:27 PM
...and thecontrariantrader called rheo at 3.40-3.50, one day before it took off.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 08, 2006, 05:39:32 PM
SNDK... just like clockwork...

http://www.forbes.com/2006/03/08/sandisk-earnings-0308markets18.html

the markets are such a scam... this article should let me get out of sndk at 57-8 tomorrow.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 09, 2006, 11:42:05 AM
Sorry guys, sold at 54.50. + 2%

Not every day is going to be a 5% day, obviously.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 09, 2006, 11:46:11 AM
Loaded up on insm at 2.21

group leader is long 50k shares from about 2.2

not a huge position (for him) but not too shabby.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 09, 2006, 04:26:13 PM
I feel like I am fighting for 1-2% plays here... I guess maybe that is all the markets are going to give me.

Looking back on when I sold at least I did ok picking tops... but maybe I need to adjust my trading style for this market. It's like pulling teeth here.

g

wanted to get back in on vsgn today at 3.08... I think this may take out the 3$ stops, then move up nicely tomorrow. This would be a buy at 3.00 and a sell at maybe 3.15+ tomorrow. In no way would I ever hold over the weekend.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 08:46:51 AM
Got another pick that I am deciding whether or not to buy in on... did a couple hours of research on it last night. I'll post at 10am if I decide to buy it. We'll see how it trades first.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 09:08:03 AM
Crap... insm is giving me a 6% butt kicking this morning.

Shouldn't go lower than 2 since the PP was at 2, but damn... this sucks.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 09:09:31 AM
I think insm bounces after opening down b/c the news was somewhat factored in a few days ago when it gapped down.

we will see...
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 09:23:56 AM
I believe this has bottomed at 2.04-5 should bounce at least 5% from here.
Time will tell if I was right.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 10:01:35 AM
INSM... bailed at 2.02... ARGH... kicked my butt on that one, -10%.

As far as the pick, well, news came out and scooped me. LIOX which I think should be up more on this news.

I'm in at 8.06 and 7.97, all in. I did expect more of a pop, however.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 10:09:54 AM
I believe vsgn has bottomed here at 2.93-4...

should be good for 15 cents today... sell at or near the close.

glta.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 10:31:57 AM
I'm not feeling it today...
Going to take the rest of the day off, shut off the computer, and enjoy the nice weather. Still 100% in lion at about 8.03 average.

This is the PR that had gotten me all hot 'n bothered... lol.

This PR appeared on Rediff for about 3 hours at 6pm on wed night... then they took it off, not before it was cached by google web-trawlers... For some reason, LIOX did not put out the $ value in today's PR. If they had said it, the stock would have taken off.

Waiting for this PR to come out:

Do a google search for lionbridge
then click on news, and you will see this come up.

g
**************************************************************************
This was on the rediff.com homepage, then they took it off.  No link,
just the text:

Rajesh S Kurup in Mumbai | March 09, 2006 04:24 IST


Around 50% of the outsourcing contract will be moved to India, China.
Nasdaq-listed outsourcing major Lionbridge Technologies Inc has bagged
a major outsourcing contract, estimated to be in the range of $250-300
million from global IT major Microsoft Corporation.


Around 40-50 per cent of the outsourcing contract would be moved over
to India and China - Lionbridge's two major outsourcing destinations.


The rest of the contract would be executed out of its global delivery
centres across the world, industry sources told Business Standard
today.


Under the deal, spread over a three-year period, Microsoft will
outsource its testing, content development and localisation
requirements from Lionbridge.


Attempts to reach officials of Microsoft were not successful, while
Lionbridge executives in India declined to comment.


The deal, slated to be one of the major outsourcing deals in the world
in recent times, is expected to be signed in a couple of days.
Microsoft will outsource localisation, content and testing requirements
from Lionbridge, with a focus on language and content development.


The global outsourcing major Lionbridge is also a localisation and
testing provider and it combines onshore, nearshore and offshore
resources to deliver product and content lifecycles.


The company conducts its testing services through VeriTest, which runs
data centres across North America, Europe and Asia.


India had contributed around $32 million in 2005 to Lionbridge's total
revenues of $400 million.At present, the company outsources processes
like testing, localisation, desktop publishing and quality assurance
among others from its Mumbai and Chennai centres.


Earlier in an interview to this newspaper, Lionbridge Technologies CEO
(Americas & Asia) Satish Maripuri had said that the company was
planning to shift 40 per cent of its US and UK processes to India and
China in the next three years, expecting an increase in global
business.


The company took this decision banking on the talent pool and quality
of services available in these countries.


Of the total 40 per cent processes, the company intends to transfer two
thirds of the work to India and the remaining to China.


It was also scouting for acquisitions in India and was planning to
double the headcount from the present 1,200.


Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 10:33:35 AM
Momo is taking this one down.
sell if you still own it... (ack how can I say that)

but I'm holding at 8.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 10:43:36 AM
I also believe that Avii has bottomed here at 6.19.

should be good for 50 c.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 11:10:39 AM
At this point I would take the 3% on vsgn (3.03 now) and buy avii, which I believe has some legs left for today.

glta
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 12:17:11 PM
Holding this one over the w/e for BF news.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 02:11:46 PM
Scrounged up a few K to by 1K shares of navr at 3.42... I think this one bounces 10%.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 02:15:32 PM
Sold the rest of my avii flat to buy navr. Now 100% in navr. 3.42-3.45
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 10, 2006, 03:36:19 PM
Somebody is REALLY trying to hold navr down... 48K on the ask, and another 10K at 3.48?

This is just like what happened when I was watching avii this morning. Somebody put in ~100K shares on the ask at 6.24... then when all the selling died down, the removed the block, and whammo... up another 20c...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 12, 2006, 05:17:42 PM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 09, 2006, 04:26:13 PM
I feel like I am fighting for 1-2% plays here... I guess maybe that is all the markets are going to give me.

Looking back on when I sold at least I did ok picking tops... but maybe I need to adjust my trading style for this market. It's like pulling teeth here.

g

wanted to get back in on vsgn today at 3.08... I think this may take out the 3$ stops, then move up nicely tomorrow. This would be a buy at 3.00 and a sell at maybe 3.15+ tomorrow. In no way would I ever hold over the weekend.

Yep... vsgn trading according to plan... like I said, never hold through the expected news... Just like rheo was destroyed when the second news came out on march 9th (buy the rumor, sell the news)

so will vsgn be destroyed monday. Hope nobody held over the w/e.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 12, 2006, 05:22:21 PM
Hehe... forgot to post the PR:
I'm guessing this gets opens well below 2 tomorrow. I'll hazard a prediction... (not planning to trade this one, but just a guess)... Whatever it opens at at 8:02am will be a buy... the stock should be bought at 802am and sold at about 9am, probably will get a 20% return over that period of time.

g

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060312/to055.html?.v=25

Vasogen Announces Results from Phase III SIMPADICO Trial in Peripheral Arterial Disease
Sunday March 12, 2:45 pm ET 
- Study Did Not Meet Primary Endpoint -
- Celacade Significantly Reduced C-Reactive Protein, a Widely Recognized Marker of Systemic Inflammation and Cardiovascular Risk -
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 13, 2006, 02:37:38 PM
Still all in on navr... looks to be setting up for a decent bounce.

We will see.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 13, 2006, 03:15:01 PM
Sold it all (navr) to go all in on emrg...

0.48

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 13, 2006, 04:11:01 PM
emrg... now that was entertaining. Selling tomorrow.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 13, 2006, 04:45:17 PM
Will undoubtedly be hyped on the 6pm evening news... should be good for another 10% over the close.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 14, 2006, 02:04:44 PM
NAVR... the one that got away... lol

Sold my emrg at 0.43 today. Ouch.
I've realized that while I am decent at calling bottoms, I absolutely suck at trying to buy in on momo. So I'm modifying my trading style to eliminate trying to play those types of stocks.

AVII... also got away... lol (bought at 6.28, sold at 6.30ish)...
LIOX: sucked... tried to catch the momo wave.

I guess upon further inspection I try several "classes" of plays.

1. Over sold, stock down about 30% in a week, no news expected. (ex: NAVR (twice), SNDK)

2. Slam plays: stocks that got crushed on some news, then fell for about 10 trading days (RHEO as well)

3. Stocks that are running into imminent news/results... (VSGN, MIVA)

4. Momo stocks: Note: I absolutely suck at trying to play these (ex: liox, emrg)

So I've now given up on trying to play category 4 stocks.

Current play: PXT. Extremely risky stock. I've bought 6.5k shares at 3.18... all or nothing here.

Wish me luck. Requesting "Gambler was a good trader, but lacked risk management strategies" on my epitaph.

thx.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 14, 2006, 02:08:51 PM
Also bought b/c of thecontrariantrader.com

http://www.thecontrariantrader.com

He picked rheo at 3.44... perfect pick. Also picking pxt.

03/08/06- PXT- Upgrade/Strong
Buy.We are upgrading PXT to a Strong
Buy. We have an initial price target of
$4.08 This reflects the first major
resistance level. We have been
accumulating shares. Our upgrade is
based upon the severe oversold
condition and the over reaction to
recent opinion based news by both
media and financial sources. The stock
is in a consolidation phase and is
poised for a test of resitance. We have
recomended PXT as a "Speculative
Long Trade" to out members. We make
no market in this stock.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 14, 2006, 02:39:10 PM
IMHO siri is a buy here if you want.. 4.47... should be able to get 4.60 tomorrow.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 14, 2006, 02:52:16 PM
Some fairly large buys coming in on pxt... 20k, 60k at 3.18.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 15, 2006, 05:59:41 AM
Had a second account that I don't usually trade much with and is small enough that I don't really consider it part of my real acct... fwiw sold 700 navr at 3.84 yesterday (bought 3.42-5), bought 850 more pxt at 3.17.

Also, the chief trader in my group is on vaca until april so there is a shortage of "mirror" trades. A few of the other pro traders are still posting so I will try to add more mirror trades.

g

Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 15, 2006, 03:12:50 PM
PXT looking very good here... volume yesterday was an indicator... also the stock was rebought by thecontrarian trader... should go up 30-40% from here.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 16, 2006, 12:54:59 PM
Sold pxt at 3.31, + 1K
bought gnta 2.14 this morning. check the thread in the "stock picks" forum...
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 16, 2006, 02:31:08 PM
sold gnta 2.19

then bought gems, sold with a slight profit.

now in on medc... looks like it is due for a bounce.
0.62-63.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 09:29:54 AM
SIRI: trading like predicted... now at 4.64 premarket. knew it was o/s but I called it 1-2 days early.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 09:32:12 AM
I don't trust siri... would get out with the 3-5% profit at 4.63 or so now if you are in it.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 09:54:10 AM
Buy vphm now... 13.22
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 10:01:59 AM
vphm... this is a tough call.
I'd get out 13.65. right now
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 10:07:38 AM
looking for reentry below 13... prob fake bounce at 13.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 10:12:47 AM
Looking for gnta reentry low 2.03-2.05

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 10:16:32 AM
fake bounce in progress... should go below 13.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 10:27:33 AM
Still in medc...

waiting for 75 to get out.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 11:11:34 AM
learned my lesson on medc ... sold at 0.58-9... can't play these low-floaters waiting for a bounce. My personality won't let me. I don't have the patience to wait it out.

-1.3k on this trade...
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 12:44:03 PM
Bought 6k of sva at 4.04-7... this is a "run into expected news" play... which I like

basically, they are having their conference on the 22nd which should give news about their vaccines, including the BF vaccine.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060227/lnm006.html?.v=3

I'm almost 100% sure that they will give preliminary results of their BF vaccine at this time, which should be good. However, in light of the fact that I love to play "run into news" plays, I also never hold through the news. So the plan is to sell on the 21st, especially if it has already run up.

Also this weekend gives 3 days of bird flu news... lol

g

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051221/sinovac_bird_flu_study.html?.v=1

Sinovac said it expects this first study to take nine months, though preliminary results will be available in March. The trial includes 120 healthy volunteers between the ages of 18 and 60. The company said it has already given the vaccine to six volunteers at a hospital in Beijing.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 01:12:55 PM
If you want mirror trades, the board is buying jade at this level...

The defacto leader  has 35k now at the 3.65 level...

JADE!!!!!!!  You know it, you love it!  Bought 20k at $3.60, earnings
are in a week and a half, which are going to be good, plus a
conference.  They want this over $5, and I want this over $5.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060308/hkw002.html?.v=22


http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060303/hkf002a.html?.v=1


For First Time, LJI to Provide Key Financial Results for its ENZO
Retail Chain in China, Highlighted by Significant Sequential Monthly
Revenue Growth


Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 02:23:43 PM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 14, 2006, 02:39:10 PM
IMHO siri is a buy here if you want.. 4.47... should be able to get 4.60 tomorrow.

g

Wow. siri really surprised me here. I guess I should be happy that I underestimated the move because the pick was stronger than I thought. I probably would have sold too early, but whatever.

4.89 now
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 02:27:55 PM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 10:16:32 AM
fake bounce in progress... should go below 13.

g

I believe 13 is a buy here.

stop 12.75

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 19, 2006, 08:14:55 AM
Current holding: 6.5k of sva at 4.04-7

Stocks I am monitoring for possible reentry:

NTMD: at 7.70 ish... going to see how it looks by wednesday
PXT: Worried that it could take out the 2.90 low (Thecontrariantrader advised everyone to put their stops at just below 2.90 "2.87, 2.85... etc") and we all know how mms love to takeout stops
NAVR: looking for a breakdown
RHEO: looking for another breakdown to 3.30's-3.40's
NYNY: Waiting for the bad news from the BIA that tanks it to 3.50
VPHM: May do a suf-style move... looking for the small chance it tanks again for 1.5 more days and hits 7.
SNDK: looking for it to take out 50... entry 48 ish. probably won't but I can hope.
AVII: looking to see how 6 holds... Doesn't look good, imo. Waiting for capitulation style day.
SIRI: Not liking it. trend is down, imo...
GNTA: Very tempting here... maybe entry 2.03-5

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 19, 2006, 08:32:21 AM
Just wanted to add a bit about my bounce philosophy. Basically I've realized that, in the absence of something fundamentally wrong with a stock, the more oversold a stock is, the more likely it is that it will bounce. So, let's say that I have 10 stocks that have tanked massively in one day (VPHM comes to mind)... then I would say that the odds of one of those 10 stocks bouncing the next day is 50%. So of course the next day, 5/10 of those stocks bounce.

Now I have 5 stocks left that went down 2 days. Now I think the odds are probably 75% that those 5 stocks bounce the next day (maybe 3-4 out of the 5 stocks bounce the next day.).

Then I am left with 2 stocks, each with a VERY high probability of a bounce the next day...

So I buy one of them.

That is my philosophy on vphm right now. I think it is 50-50 that it bounces tomorrow. However, if it doesn't bounce and gets to 8 tomorrow, then it is 75-25 that it bounces on Tuesday. I'm willing to miss a bounce monday. If it DOESN'T bounce monday then it becomes alot more tempting to me.

We will see.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 19, 2006, 08:42:47 AM
Forgot to add insm: looks close to absorbing the dilution... maybe entry at 1.90... don't think it gets much lower than 1.80.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 19, 2006, 09:15:28 AM
SVA: The more I think about it, the more I think that I might hold this one through the March 22 update, especially if it does not run in the next 2 days. I don't know if the investing lemmings have put 2 and 2 together and realize that they will most likely be reporting on their BF vaccine on the 22nd. If this stock does NOT run tomorrow and Tuesday, then I think I will hold through the 22nd. This isn't an earnings play so much as it is a BF vaccine play. I think with the way that NVAX has been running and how BF is now spreading all over the world, a positive BF vaccine clinical trial announcement will be met with much buying pressure.

We will see.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 01:41:06 PM
Sold half of sva 4.12,
bot 15k shares of tgen 0.506
Rest cash.

Group leader is buying cyan: 20k at 0.68

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 01:45:42 PM
tgen: don't like it. out 0.492.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 03:02:50 PM
Sold the other half of sva at 4.30 from 4.04-7.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 03:21:21 PM
PXT getting good again... looking for maybe low 3.13-5?

whatever.
vphm: I think their "9-10 is the absolute bottom" is just begging to get smashed... don't trust that.

now 100% cash and waiting.
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 03:39:16 PM
If you haven't sold sva, don't do it at 4.40, imho. But don't buy any more either. It was a better pick than I thought. I would hold until 2-3pm tomorrow.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 03:43:33 PM
Bot small 1.2k insm at 2.07... just for kicks...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 03:50:42 PM
For sva I would take profits either 2pm tomorrow or around 4.7-4.8.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 05:23:00 PM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 01:12:55 PM
If you want mirror trades, the board is buying jade at this level...

The defacto leader  has 35k now at the 3.65 level...

His calls are pretty good... I would be in on this one except that my sva pick outperformed his jade... lol

Jade at 3.79
SVA at 4.54... of course sold too early. Ah well. onto the next 1.05 bagger.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 05:35:34 PM
News out on nyny... I suck at momo so I'm just watching

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 05:46:36 PM
Yep... glad I didn't take the bait here.. now at 5.25... still waiting for the meltdown when the BIA needs an EIS

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 09:50:16 PM
PXT: Probably not going to trade this for a while. Today accuweather came out with their doom 'n gloom hurricane forecast for 2006. I'd be afraid to hold reinsurers, since it is likely to be a bad hurricane season.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--2006weatherforeca0320mar20,0,4654249.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

g

Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 20, 2006, 10:06:04 PM
VPHM: too many longs in a good mood on the vphm board. While I would not dare short at this level, I do feel it is possible it will go down another 20-30%, when it will be a screaming buy. I look forward to a shock and awe campaign against the longs here... they were artificially propped up due to the "absolute bottom at 9-10$" BS article that came out today.

While that may have stopped the bleeding permanently, for some reason I have a funny feeling about this stock. Looking forward to its complete meltdown to 7 before I risk a hard earned cent. Maybe 50% chance that happens.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 21, 2006, 09:49:54 AM
I'm really liking jade here... for the run into news.

bot 7k at 3.86.

Many on the board are buying it.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 21, 2006, 11:52:01 AM
SVA: IMO this is done... doesn't mean that it won't go up 1$ tomorrow, but this has already exceeded my expectations, and if I was long since 4.04-7, I would sell now at 4.88...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 21, 2006, 02:12:10 PM
They've sold their cyan... failed stockbum.com pick.

buying in on avan at 2.06 +

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 21, 2006, 03:55:16 PM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 21, 2006, 02:12:10 PM
They've sold their cyan... failed stockbum.com pick.

buying in on avan at 2.06 +

g

Hmm... maybe this is why their portfolios are so huge...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 21, 2006, 04:33:55 PM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 21, 2006, 09:49:54 AM
I'm really liking jade here... for the run into news.

bot 7k at 3.86.

Many on the board are buying it.

g

Here is a post by Welsh as to why many are buying jade:

My conversation with IR last week:
by: john_welsh_phd
Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Buy  03/21/06 01:33 pm
Msg: 18625 of 18643

Here is why I like JADE. Good luck to all.

FYI - talked to Investor Relations, told me that since the $1 million
dollar big order:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060227/hkm001.html?.v=20


Was received after guidence was issued, it was not included in
estimates. I asked him if this meant that JADE had to update eps and
revenue estimates, and he said no comment. Hmm.


Also, I asked him why NYMX received such a high target from Dutton
Associates, while JADE is at $4.80. IR said that Dutton usually starts
companies with a conservative rating, then raises it after a few qtrs.
So I asked himi if Dutton will raise JADE target before or at the
conference and he said it was possible. He also pointed out that JADE
price target of $4.80 they did not consider fair. We are only trading
at a forward P/E of 12, was the quote. hmm.


I also asked how many shares outstanding, ($15 million), and was told
JADE did not need to raise or sell anymore shares as they had the
capital for Enzo (China) or Macau expansion through existing ops.


Lastly, I asked him why JADE needed three extra days at the conference,
why not just one extra day. He said one extra day was not enough with
all the interest JADE has been receiving. hmm. I spoke to Haris
Tajyar at 818-382-9700.

Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 21, 2006, 10:23:30 PM
Update on stocks I am looking at:

JADE: Long 7k at 3.86. The board is liking it.
NTMD: got away from me... not going to chase it.
PXT: Still worried about the 2.87 stops
VPHM: Looks like this won't get 9$. Not going to chase it.
RHEO: meltdown as predicted... still looking for below 3 on 2 days of straight capitulation
NAVR: neutral on it
SVA: No comment :)
INSM: Hoping it gets cheaper so I can really load up and add to my 1.2k at 2.07. For some reason seems to bounce off 2.06-7... hmmm.
GNTA: tempting but not yet... waiting for cheaper than 2.15
NABI: Was watching it AH. should be interesting tomorrow.
AVAN: Was watching the board enter it at 2.06-2.15... not going to chase.

g

Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 22, 2006, 01:30:29 PM
Sold jade 3.80... the board is still holding theirs... I bot in on rheo 6.5k at 3.41-3 today because I feel this is due for another quick 1-2 day flip...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 22, 2006, 10:54:10 PM
Holding:
RHEO: 6.5k ave 3.42... I like this one for a quick flip
INSM: 1.2K 2.07... this may go to 1.75 before I add... not selling here.
PXT: Boring
GNTA: Did get close to my 2.03-5 target
NAVR: Watching
AVAN: Watching but probably not going to enter unless it gets down to 2.1
GNBT: Looking for another slaughter tomorrow hopefully... not likely, but would reenter mid 2's
JADE: Looking for reentry 3.70-73
VPHM: Waiting for another shoe to drop...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: dez on March 23, 2006, 10:51:18 AM
Gambler,

Thanks for identifying SVA.  I checked the technicals at 4.07 and they said a rally was in the offing.  I bought 52 Apr 5 calls at .15 cents.  Sold all 52 contracts into yesterdays high at
.55.  That was a quick 366% in three days.  Keep up the good work.

Dez

PS Big sell off in SVA today ......... but what else is new.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 23, 2006, 02:41:59 PM
RHEO looking great... holding for 4.30...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 23, 2006, 05:11:52 PM
Quote from: dez on March 23, 2006, 10:51:18 AM
Gambler,

Thanks for identifying SVA.  I checked the technicals at 4.07 and they said a rally was in the offing.  I bought 52 Apr 5 calls at .15 cents.  Sold all 52 contracts into yesterdays high at
.55.  That was a quick 366% in three days.  Keep up the good work.

Dez

PS Big sell off in SVA today ......... but what else is new.

Nice job, man!!!
I get lucky once in a while... :)
hopefully a little more frequently now... lol

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 23, 2006, 06:16:27 PM
RHEO: Holding for low 4's
INSM: not touching it until 1.75 on this recent news
SVA: fuggedaboutit!!! (not touching it)
VPHM: Waiting for the capitulation to 7
GNTA: 2.03... waiting
AVAN: Waiting for 2.1
NAVR: boring
PXT: Cmon... melt down, please!!!
JADE: not touching it again. Too boring.
NYNY: Waiting for the BIA to reject the EA...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 23, 2006, 08:30:42 PM
Also watching NABI for 5.05 entry...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 09:47:22 AM
Not getting greedy...
sold it all, 3.80, + 2.5k
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 09:58:52 AM
willing to take a chance on avan... 10k at 2.35

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 02:10:34 PM
Sweet. sold 10k 2.50, + 1.5k

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: dennis67 on March 24, 2006, 02:29:29 PM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 09:47:22 AM
Not getting greedy...
sold it all, 3.80, + 2.5k

what did yousell   
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 03:38:48 PM
sold rheo at 3.80

bot avan 2.35, sold 2.50

now bot 3k nvtl.

I like it.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 04:03:46 PM
Wow... bot 3k nvtl 8.82...
at about 3:55 there appeared a 50K ask at 8.79 when the bid/ask was 8.85/6...

That 50K ask was taken out in 2 minutes. Wow.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 04:44:30 PM
Many on the board are buying ifo in the last 30mins today...
probably around 9.5 or so.

IFO will probably beat my nvtl on mon.

Holding:
NVTL: 3K @ 8.82
INSM: 1.2K @ 2.07

Watching:
RHEO: Reentry at 3.40 ish
AVAN: Looking for 2.20 reentry
IFO: Watching
nothing else really catches my eye.


g
p.s. have a good w/e... Today was a great day for me... up nearly 4K on a 23K investment. ;)
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 04:51:48 PM
Heheh...

Welsh has bought 10K of FTEK at 14.75... (a cool 147,000$) today because he thinks cramer will mention it tonight...

Will he be correct?
He's gonna make like 20K if he is :)

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 24, 2006, 06:58:48 PM
Unreal.... Welsh is GOOD!!! It WAS a cramer pick!

He sold at 15.75, + 10k at 6:18pm...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: REALDEALS21 on March 24, 2006, 08:25:23 PM
How did your guy Welsh know Cramer was going to mention FTEK ???
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 25, 2006, 02:15:44 AM
I asked the same question...
Welsh has a near-encyclopedic knowledge of stocks and is one hell of a trader as well...

g
************************************************************
From:  Gambler2075 - view profile
Date:  Fri, Mar 24 2006 5:03 pm 

Can I ask why you think this is his next pick?

g
p.s. looking nice ah...
************************************************************
From:  [email protected] - view profile
Date:  Fri, Mar 24 2006 5:56 pm 

He said something about turning pollution into energy, clean into
green, etc.  That's FTEK.  I hope I am aright.

Welsh



Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 26, 2006, 01:13:29 PM
Did some reading today about stock fraud... after reading the article about RICK being pumped...

http://www.nysun.com/article/29789

then I thought about it, and wondered... is what I am doing illegal by having this thread? For those of you watching RHEO on L2 and realtime, there was alot of selling after I said that I sold at 3.80... it wasn't immediate, but it did serve to break the stock technically, imho.

It seems to be a pretty fine line between illegal pumping and keeping a blog. Obviously if I have a position in a stock, and I have this thread, then I will post the reasons why I think it is a good buy.

This article was good... had some good examples about what was illegal.

http://www.fmew.com/archive/lies/

Seems like the following things are illegal:

1. Saying untrue things about a stock as fact on some messageboard somewhere
2. Telling people to do something while doing the opposite.
3. Doing the aforementioned in micro-cap stocks where the price movements make a self-fulfilling prophecy.
4. Creating multiple accounts to create the artificial impression of demand.
5. Fake PR's (emulex)
6. Not disclosing your position

By these standards, thestockster.com is really illegal.

I guess picks where the volume is huge (ex: NVTL) are pretty much immune from this sort of scam. OTOH, I could conceivably be affecting the PPS for RHEO with 6k of voume.

The only one I am somewhat worried about is #2... I admit that I change my mind frequently, and based on realtime trades. So when I bought, if I saw the price run up afterwards, I would sell into strength. I guess it is illegal if all the while you are pumping, you are selling. I usually post immediately after I change my mind.

Take home points:

1. Never buy any pick of mine that is <1$. Not only because it could affect the PPS, but also because they usually suck. I suck at picking sub 1$ stocks, imho.
2. Do your own due diligence!!!

Please be careful out there. Take all buy/sell recommendations with a grain of salt. If you think about buying a stock that I like in my thread (or anywhere else), please do your own diligence.

Trying to keep things aboveboard here,
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: AussieTrader on March 26, 2006, 08:36:51 PM
Quote from: gambler2075 on March 26, 2006, 01:13:29 PM

then I thought about it, and wondered... is what I am doing illegal by having this thread? For those of you watching RHEO on L2 and realtime, there was alot of selling after I said that I sold at 3.80... it wasn't immediate, but it did serve to break the stock technically, imho.


Hey Gambler, I check your thread as I find it interesting from time to time. In fact the above quote gave me a good laugh today.
Cramer may 'break a stock technically' when he pumps / discusses them as he has a huge posse of sheep and speculators waiting to pounce on his next comment (just like your friend succesfully speculated shead of the game with FTEK). RHEO is oscillating in a small suppport resistance zone and $3.80 (area) is somewhat resistance right in that channel, so no surprise it will have sell offs i that zone.

Applaud for your posts, keep them coming.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 26, 2006, 09:38:55 PM
Yeh... I'm actually hoping that I'm making a big deal out of nothing... I mean, who am _I_ to think that I am actually affecting the market with only 25K? The market trades billions of shares a day!!!

Anyway, I'll just keep on doing what I am doing until the SEC shows up on my door  :D :D

Tomorrow should be fun!!!

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 27, 2006, 09:49:00 AM
sold nvtl essentially flat... 8.87 (+100)
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 27, 2006, 10:41:11 AM
Welsh has 30k gv at 1.20... thinks it can break through congestion at 1.20

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 27, 2006, 10:51:09 AM
bot 5k ency
4.90
tight stop
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 27, 2006, 10:56:28 AM
out 4.86
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 27, 2006, 11:29:29 AM
bot 10k avan 2.36
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 27, 2006, 02:24:18 PM
Didn't want to front-run you guys... saw it weakening at 2.40 and wanted to sell at 2.38
but I waited... took the loss at 2.34, all 10k. that was me just now.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 27, 2006, 03:20:35 PM
Decided to try olgc 10k at 2.26 for a bounce.

Nice 300k block transaction (hopefully a buy) at 1pm today.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 27, 2006, 04:38:47 PM
OLGC also has 2.02 in cash, trading at 2.26...

This maybe a 3-5 day play. I feel that there is little downside left here.

We will see...
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on March 28, 2006, 10:58:42 AM
Now for the ultimate gamble.

Since trading is just fun for me and I have a real job, I have decided that I will take a bet that will either allow me to make 40,000$ or lose 20,000$.

Sold all olgc at 2.23. First of all, I believe olgc is a good stock that is due for a bounce. I would continue to hold it.

Looking at dphiq.pk over the past week, I've realized that there is that possibility in cpnlq.pk as well. Of course they could cancel all of the shares completely. So I would advise NOT buying this. I feel like putting it all on black. We will see if I lose it all. I very well might.

Do not take this trade. Period.

g

long 60k cpnlq 0.305
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 02, 2006, 08:32:23 PM
Bot 1500 nxxi friday at 1.83 based on the walmart news that wasn't out yet. Now at 2.15. Excellent call by Welsh on my trading board... he made 20k on it friday, and was the one to call the pharmacist first.

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=3007.0

I'm selling on monday some time, probably after the gap up.

added 8k of cpnlq.pk... I think I am done with adding. Now holding 68k at 0.303... Going to wait this puppy out until I either lose all of my money, or make 40k.

Looking to add 25k at 0.24, if it gets there.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 03, 2006, 05:15:46 PM
Sold my nxxi at 2.15 on a limit order this morning, +450.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 03, 2006, 05:35:28 PM
Mirror trade:
they are heavily loaded up on cytr in the 1.90-2.0 range... Was away from the computer all day.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: dez on April 05, 2006, 03:41:49 PM
Gambler,

Let me return the favor for the triple I made on an options play in SVA a few weeks back.  You brought that quick trade to my attention.  Here you go -
Time to get some NDOL.

Dez
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 10, 2006, 11:19:43 AM
Man... cpnlq.pk is killing me... maybe I should just stick with mirror plays...

anyways, the board is buying gshf.ob... as the next ethanol/peix type play... I posted about this in the penny stock picks area...  I decided to mirror the leader and opened a small position of 16k at 0.173... he called it a 16c and 16.5c

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: Kublakhan on April 10, 2006, 11:48:34 AM
VRDM, which is also running today is 70% owned by GSHF.  Makes sense that they would run together; good play.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 10, 2006, 01:18:55 PM
Yep...
the leader had 300k vrdm at 6.6cents... don't know what his current position is..

many are buying hec... leader has 100k from 0.68... think it will run another 15cents...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 10, 2006, 01:39:23 PM
hmm.. the leader shorted 500 shares of goog at 408.6 and sold all of his nxxi (20k) at 2.55...

imho, nxxi always sells on the news, and may probably even end the day red... lol

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 10, 2006, 01:49:42 PM
He also bot 10k more egy at 7.5... holding 40k from around high 6 DCA.. as far as I know.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 10, 2006, 02:05:24 PM
Damn... he's also short 5k nvda from 30.4 and says its grossly overvalued...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 10, 2006, 02:24:11 PM
And he likes inno... has 80k here from 0.925 (mostly) and some more at 1.13)

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 10, 2006, 03:32:01 PM
Damn... I'm impressed with his vrdm call (now 9.3c) and his gshf (now 24.5c)...

wow. INNO also looking great.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: Kublakhan on April 10, 2006, 08:39:41 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date with your group / leader / whoever it is.

They have some pretty good picks.

BTW, is this a closed group?  Do you pay to participate?  How did you learn about it?
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 11, 2006, 10:10:50 AM
The group I am in is private, but free... I participate but my picks are much worse than the leader's... lol

anyway, I'm mirroring him in bcon... he bought 15k, because of the cpst movement, and the fact that summer is coming. Also thinks a good base was put in.

so I bought 8k at 1.72

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 11, 2006, 10:24:14 AM
Alright... he's doubling his bcon to 30k.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 09:40:15 AM
Leader bought 10k china at 4.35 or so this morning...

I believe he is adding to his hec... which has been a killer trade.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 10:07:57 AM
nice... he is adding 10k more bcon at 1.80, which makes 40k...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 10:29:45 AM
fwiw I reloaded with vrdm.ob at 0.070, 40k shares

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 10:32:13 AM
thinking of reloading gshf.ob... sold 12k at 21.0 cents and 4k at 23.49...

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 10:45:44 AM
He's back in KRY... 5.26, 12k shares b/c 5.2 held up and gold is up today...
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 10:59:15 AM
For KRYing out loud... unbelievable call...
5.55 now

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 11:02:58 AM
since kry was moving he bought back frg...
5k at 5.67

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 11:19:17 AM
He sold his 25k kry at 5.56 for +7k... sheesh.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 11:30:57 AM
Un freaking believable... now frg is at 6.08...

this is ridiculous.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 12, 2006, 12:16:35 PM
he added china... looks like this is going to run this afternoon...

4.40
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: dcp303 on April 12, 2006, 08:13:42 PM
lol wow... some nice calls hes made :-P
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 13, 2006, 12:56:15 AM
DCP: Yep... I really am more and more impressed by his calls every day.

anyway... still holding all of my vrdm.ob from 0.07 and my bcon from 1.72. Never did get back into gshf.ob because I thought vrdm would run faster...

We'll see tomorrow...
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 13, 2006, 10:32:15 AM
going skiing in 10 minutes so I will be gone all day...

leader still likes inno, dvw...

good luck,
g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: doyerdiligence on April 13, 2006, 02:47:34 PM
the last 3 days are just awesome on vrdm
lets see if this momo can sustain itself over the longer weekend! see ya monday gambler ;>
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 14, 2006, 12:39:40 AM
Quote from: doyerdiligence on February 17, 2006, 04:35:01 PM
400,000 block in a single stock huh
::)

Dude... first you come onto my thread and basically post that you don't believe what I am posting... that there are in fact traders out there (who I sometimes mirror) who are playing with 200,000$ to 400,000$ in a single stock...

and now you want to hear the board's opinion on vrdm?

hmm... ok. Well, I just ask that in the future don't be so quick to snap to judgements about the veracity of other people's statements. I think it is apparent how somebody could get to have a 2M+ portfolio when you look at the trades they have made on this thread.

As far as VRDM goes... the leader sold his 300k of VRDM.OB at "just over 13 cents" that he had bought at 6.6 cents a few days ago for a double. That's like 20,000$ in 3 days, which isn't even that much money to him...

but whatever. I personally tend to agree with his decision to sell VDRM.OB at 13cents... I think the downside risk is pretty high here at 13.1 cents. Personally, I sold my 40k shares at 9:31 am at 12.0 cents and am very happy with the trade. 2K on a 2.8k investment in 1 day... Hell yeah.

I will say that there appear to be some traders on my board who are still long vrdm.ob (or at least they posted that they bought and they have not posted a sell yet). This stock may see 25cents... Who knows? I am not willing to be long anymore.

Anyway, we will see.
g

p.s. I'll be away from the computer monday as well... so no mirror trades all monday, either, if anybody cares... sorry.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 18, 2006, 10:18:47 AM
Mirroring the leader with 2.5k of egy at 7.64... he holds 50k...

here is his post:

**********************************************************************
Subject: oh baby... Syracuse, assailed... i think this may be the EGY breakout
Date:  Tues, Apr 18 2006 10:08 am 

finally...

still deathgriping 50K shrs...

Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: stocks1984 on April 18, 2006, 11:20:12 PM
nice posts gambler. Question for you, what are your thoughts on GSHF? Did you take a look at INSQ action these past couple of days? Pretty amazing. Apparently, VRDM and GSHF are connected, i believe?? Thats what i heard. Is there any penny stocks that you are following at this moment? thanks
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 21, 2006, 05:06:12 PM
Going to start trading a little less frequently...
Right now here are my thoughts...

sold my egy for a loss... 7.40, I believe, near the lod after the leader got out. oops. Sold cpnlq.pk at 24 for a large loss. That'll learn me to chase the pinks... expected a dphiq.pk move...

INSQ: saw it go up like 700%... our group (and I) don't trade sub-pennies... I have no experience there.

SGTL... 1.4k 9.02... I think the upside of aapl using sgtl chips outweighs the downside... the cynic in me thinks that whatever firm that said "PLAY has lost aapl... but we also don't think that SGTL got the deal with AAPL" may just be loading up SGTL. The leader bought 2k (small position for him) so you might not want to mirror that. Haven't decided if I will hold through the 25th (earnings) but if they do get the deal with AAPL, then here comes 13$...
IMO downside is very limited, and upside is large. Leader has a 2k.

VRDM.OB: never got back in after selling at 12... oh well... Missed that one big time. the leader actually got back in briefly, last sold at 21 for a profit, but only one person on our board posts about holding 50k vrdm "for 5 years"... Most have moved on.

GSHF.OB... yes they are linked... VRDM moved faster, though.

BCON: leader only holding 20k shares. I have 5k from 1.75 (last sold at 1.80 from 1.72) and am hoping for more power grid problems ala what TX had a few days ago. Maybe I will call up all of my friends in TX and tell them to all fire up their AC at 3-5pm and do exactly the opposite of what the utility companies tell them.

Leader still long 350K shares of HEC from I believe about 70c average... he is holding for well above 1$.

Also he is long 200K inno at probably about 1.00 average... holding for 2$.

He is on vaca for a couple of weeks but the other head trader is still there.

Other trader holding 40K STKL from 8.20... The groups is also starting to buy FUEL based on the supply shortage issue (although temporary)

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/14391807.htm

also we have emailed IR and note that FUEL does transport Ethanol...

"We have and will transport Ethanol, but remember we are not a
commercial, for-hire carrier. We are a private fleet that transports
products for its customers...so to be brief...we can and have
transported Ethanol, we can blend Ethanol and deliver the blended
finished product.


Thanks for the question and I hope this helps.


Regards,


Robert W. Beard


Vice President, Corporate Administration & Development


and Investor Relations Officer


Streicher Mobile Fueling, Inc.


200 West Cypress Creek Road, Suite 400


Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309


T 954.308.4200


F 954.308.4222


[email protected]

"

Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on April 24, 2006, 05:07:23 PM
Haven't decided if I am going to sell my sgtl tomorrow before earnings... I'm leaning towards holding it.

bcon. still holding...

Welsh ("the other trader") sold a little of his STKL 10k? at 10$ but he is still holding like 30K shares from 8.20

leader on vaca still holding his 350k HEC from 70c, as far as I know. He's up a cool like 90,000$... sheesh.

From what I can tell he has alot of confidence in inno (given that he went on vaca holding 250,000$ worth of it...)

I'm looking to buy any pullbacks on inno.

good luck
g

p.s. please don't buy inno until I load up at 1.15... ;) j/k it's pretty clear that the leader's picks are alot better than mine so I would buy hec or inno and not sgtl or bcon, since it seems like he has alot more of the former 2.
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: dcp303 on May 02, 2006, 03:12:57 PM
havent seen anything lately gambler .. whatsup?
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on May 05, 2006, 01:55:17 PM
yep, been a while...
ended up taking the hit on bcon at 1.62 from 1.75... argh...
did trade nvax from 5.37 to 5.67 (bot 5 minutes after bf was found in NJ)
then sgtl from 7.73 out at 7.78... (heh)
then avci from 7.76 to 8.09
but then bot gnbt at 3.15 2.5k and still holding.

ended up holding through earning on sgtl. got pounded... reminds me that FA may work over a 6 month- 1 year period, but emotions rule short term.

ended up selling at 7.78 for a like 3k loss.

decided it's better to mirror the board... some traders are buying rgen... I bought rgen at 3.20 and still holding.

one of the best TA traders on the board said :
"both the 20 and 50 are pointing up and in parrellel on the one
year....chart readers will see it. "

so I mirrored him. in 3.5k shares at 3.20.

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on June 07, 2009, 03:56:17 PM
Wow, it's been years since I posted here...

at least on this thread...

portfolio had some ups and downs, but fortunately, more ups during the past few months... like most others as well...

Well, I am currently in XOMA and we'll see where that one goes...
Monday is another day.

g
p.s. I'll post an update of what happens in another 3 years.  ;D
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on June 09, 2009, 12:23:05 AM
sold my XOMA here at 1.17 or so, now long some SQNM at 3.43

g
Title: Re: Gambler's Mirror trades
Post by: gambler2075 on June 09, 2009, 11:00:15 PM
added 5K more at 3.38,

still long 26.4K shares at about 3.42 average. boomage today.

http://www.hotstockmarket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61532&page=25

g