... I simply have to buy back ECST at a much higher price. Yesterday I saw the stock taking off but it was from watching the intraday that I sold it too soon so I didn't care for the intraday action.
But now that I've explored and filtered the entire stock market I have to get to the conclusion that this is the most bullish chart on the street:
(http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=655;image)
It seems I was too afraid of losing and was watching the intraday action when I sold ESCT at a loss - you can read the recommendation and the sale of the stock here: Legit rumors on ECST (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=379.0).
As a man and a trader what should I do now? Forget the story because now the stock is up too much? Or be a man, recognize the mistake and have the courage to correct that mistake by going out there and buying the stock again, nevermind the price?
The hard thing to do is usually the right. I'll swallow pride and buy ECST !
Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 99% since May 2005 (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/closed_trades.php). We have great traders in our community which take advantage of short term opportunities in stocks instead of criticizing those movements.
If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=register).
David,
ECST opened with a gap on Friday after the strong run on Thur. I didn't like gap up but started buying when I saw it came down trying to fill the gap and started heading North after forming a double bottom. Some daytraders sold before the closing on Monday and it was a perfect buying opportunity. I hold because it was not a sell-off and expected the run will start soon.
Selling is always a tough decision. It was very difficult to hold the trigger after a huge gain and I am learning now.
Hope this can help to catch the next big fish.
Tiger
Correction:
ECST opened with a gap on Thur. after a strong run on Wed.
Tiger
So have you bought ECST at open today?
Yes I did, at $5.25. I put the price on the homepage where there are the open and closed trades. When I say I'll buy I buy indeed. When my daily analysis says sell I sell, no doubt about that.
Have a nice day trading stocky !
I like the chart also on this one. The trend line and 9-day are at $4.16 so a good entry if it can pull back there. The 50-day EMA is at $4.73 so it may find support there.
chart http://tinyurl.com/7cnvr
So what does everyone think of today's action? Is 5 the floor and we move up tomorrow? Or do we come down to at least the 50-day EMA?
Profit taking with lower volume. I don't like much to analyze the intraday - it is possible the stock ends up higher today.
CD-
Don't know if $5 is the floor or not. I'm in this AM at 5.09 with half position and will wait until later this afternoon when the Pros go to work to decide on other half.Just my opinion but I don't think this stock will pull back to the 50-day anytime soon.
Irish, thanks. My strategy is the same...I have 10,000 at 5.12ish and will wait on the remaining 50% once the direction becomes clearer post-lunch.
Does the lower volume concern you?
CD-
Low volume is EXACTLY what we want on a pullback. No concern whatsoever.
Well guys, what do you think will happen with ECST? Was this just að little consolidation period that will lead to bigger victory? Any thougths would be appreciated.
Thanks
A Thakinu.
ECST is at the support 4.7 +/- 0.33 Which means to breakout it need to clear 5.05. To avoid breakdown it has to stay above 4.37.
And this may be a good opportunity to take a position after a pull back.
Well, perhaps courage is not the best caracteristic a trader should have :P
But I couldn't sleep well without a position in this stock. Yesterday people were profit taking (for some it must have been loss taking), I guess. For yesterday's action to be considered profit taking only, ECST must always close above the midpoint of the white candle, which stands at $4.66.
So we have a simple set up here:
1) Hold as long as the stock closes above $4.66
2) Sell with a profit just at a much higher price
We had a powerful trend reversal in ECST. The trend now is bullish. The fundamental background is very bullish (suddenly with the purchase of Shopping.com from EBAY investors found the value in this sector). Expect higher prices to come.
Hey, David, are you stilll holding ECST, if so, what price did you acquire it ??
Thanks !
It closed above 4.66 and given the action in today's market I think ECST did even well. Lets see whats in store for tomorrow.
Quote from: REALDEALS21 on June 08, 2005, 01:54:38 PM
Hey, David, are you stilll holding ECST, if so, what price did you acquire it ??
You can see all open and close positions details on the homepage.
Like stocky says,
ECST closed above $4.66 and looks ready for a new shot up. The most bullish chart on the street:
ECST moved out of its continuation flag and is taking out resistance nicely, huge vol confirmation should see $6 today.
Mike
Did I tell you ECST has the most bullish chart on the street? Bought much higher than I sold (at a loss), but already making 10% profit. I love this game :-*
Whats your target price on ECST? Thanks Al
Last year i lost all my fortune on this. Buying on every dip right from $19 to average down. At the end i had to sell at $2.70 to meet the margin call. You all might think i am a fool whiich i am. Now trying to make atleast 20% of my fortune back this year. Randolph is helping in the right direction.
Thnx
Good luck Badesrini, you have found a great home here at 3Stocks to help you on your way. I never average down, but I do average up!! if the chart tells me to sell I sell and move on somewhere else.
Mike
Hey team, is it too late to get in the game tomorrow? Will there be significant profit taking happening tomorrow since there has been a 20% run up this week? If so, I will definitely get in on the downturn. Is that the correct strategy?
Thanks in advance.
Quote from: al_heinz on June 09, 2005, 02:42:31 PM
Whats your target price on ECST? Thanks Al
I don't have a price target, letting the profits run as much as they can.
Quote from: badesrini on June 09, 2005, 08:30:50 PM
Last year i lost all my fortune on this. Buying on every dip right from $19 to average down. At the end i had to sell at $2.70 to meet the margin call. You all might think i am a fool which i am. Now trying to make at least 20% of my fortune back this year. Randolph is helping in the right direction.
Thnx
You're only a fool if you do that mistake again. Remember this for your entire life: never average down your price. Never.
Losing your fortune might have been a lot to learn this simple lesson, perhaps you could have learn it just from losing 20 or 30 or 50% of it. But, as Livermore said in 1923:
«But Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill, knowing you have to pay it, no matter what the amount may be.»
You're not the only one who lost his fortune in the stock market. I've lost all I have several times. Your education as a trader costs a lot of time and money. That's why so few survive and prosper. I hope you are one of those, I think you are, because only a great man can write on a message board that he went broke because of a stock. That happens to most men, but only the great ones have the courage to admit it, learn their lesson and move on to a higher stage as a speculator.
Quote from: RichL74 on June 10, 2005, 01:35:46 AM
Hey team, is it too late to get in the game tomorrow? Will there be significant profit taking happening tomorrow since there has been a 20% run up this week? If so, I will definitely get in on the downturn. Is that the correct strategy?
Thanks in advance.
The correct strategy, given
ECST chart, is to buy as soon as possible. The most bullish chart on the street probably won't give anyone a possibility to buy lower than current prices.
And the analysis on
ECST is made, this is the most bullish chart on the street:
Thank you David. You're the man!
I got in @ 5.4. Let's see some momentum!
ECST is having such a strange behavior today ... many news came out yesterday that are surely causing that.
http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/quotes.asp?symb=ecst&siteid=mktw&dist=mktwqn
But I didn't buy because of news, I'm not selling because of what I read in papers or financial websites, I sell when I read something in the market itself. And the most bullish chart on the street won't give up his bull run, I believe.
Good luck with your trade RichL74 !
On Friday ECST was reacting to bad news:
ECost.com widens loss (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder/pulseone.asp?dist=¶m=archive&siteid=mktw&guid=&dateid=38481.7076909144-835174620)
But then if we read the whole picture:
eCOST.com Reports First Quarter Results; 44% Year-over-Year Growth in Quarterly Sales; 124,000 New Customers Added (http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/newsarticle.asp?dist=¶m=archive&siteid=mktw&guid=%7BBB96D683%2D8EA7%2D4DFC%2DA345%2DC1A905267B94%7D)
Now, this is a lot of "mambo jambo" financial stuff, as aussietrader says. As a speculator what I get from this info is this simple: bad title but the stock didn't go down much, it even recovered at the latter part of the session. Perhaps the bad news was already priced in. That's why the most bullish chart on the street won't stop here, not at all, I believe.
Prepare yourselves for a push higher in ECST.
Below are Clearstation comments on ECST. How would a buyout effect this stock (novice asking)? ???
>> 13:18 ECST Overstock for ECost chatter: Why we can't completely rule out a deal (4.50 +0.63)
We are hearing that the possibility of Overstock (OSTK) bidding for ECost (ECST) is not completely farfetched. With a market cap of less than $80 mln, a deal for ECST would be doable, given OSTK's $192.77 mln in cash. Meanwhile, ECST has about $10.8 mln in cash and investments, and used about $1.3 mln in cash from operating activities in its most recently reported quarter -- it's possible that management would be interested in a deal that offered a premium. Buying ECST would give OSTK a co that's expected to boost revs 42% this year, and about 36% next year, based on the estimates of the two analysts who cover the small online retailer. More important than growth, however, it's possible that ECST would give OSTK better relationships with vendors who want to sell inline goods, in addition to just discontinued and overstocked merchandise (OSTK sells only overstocks in almost every category except books). On the other hand, it seems that OSTK is capable of building its own relationships w/ vendors if its main motivation is the desire to move more inline goods.
It's hard to understand how the most bullish chart on the street is falling. I can't explain why, maybe it is because it went up so much in just a single day (+38% on June 6th). I need to give ECST a lot of room to maneuver, only taking a loss if we get a close below the $4.66 midpoint.
Today the tape had the feel of an unpredictable triple-witching expiration week. May be ECST and some other bullish stocks are experienceing this phenomena.
Joined y'all in some ECST at 4.96 Good Luck to us all. 1/2 position
David,
I know you said not to doubledown as a practice, but am assuming you're still bullish on this one. Consdering buying additionally in the $4.80 range, after initial purchase at $5.27.
It looks like ECST is playing games with me. But the stock needs me to play and I may refuse to do it ... you know, there are 11.000 stocks competing for my money and I really don't need to waste my time and money with a non cooperative stock.
Anyway, I'm smelling a loss here ... at least for the short term. That's it, I'm selling ECST with a loss again at the open (it might be an higher open, the stock closed up 2% yesterday in the after hours).
Sold ECST @$4.88
I,m looking for an entry for ECST.
The story of this stock is good I think.
The current move is likely to be a pullback to the daily 50 SMA or 38 SMA and the broken resistance at 4$.
I´m watching how the stockprise is behaving on this levels.
maybe it´s a good entry point.
In view of the price at the close I will hold til after the open tomorrow.
This issue closed close to the high of the day.
Though bit late to mention here but ECST is not even in top seven online shoppers destination according to PC World Mag. Topping list is Shopping.com and closely followed by Yahoo Shopping, others making list are PriceGrabber, Froggle, Nextag, Froogle and may be forget one or two. I sold my position yesterday for small loss.
The stock bounced from the 50% retracement level which is bullish. But now she has to battle with prior support at the $4.60-$4.66 area, now resistance. I sold at $4.88, lost two times in this stock, not planning to come back soon, there are 11,000 stocks outthere to consider.
I'm glad I sold ECST at $4.88 for a small loss, look what happened to the stock :o
Now, I'm aware earnings were very disappointing ...
eCOST.com Reports Second Quarter Results (http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/newsarticle.asp?siteid=mktw&sid=1793471&guid=%7BA271CA80%2D6B6F%2D4CEF%2D8156%2DF9A37A01B888%7D&symb=)
... but if the stock falls a bit more and touches the descending trendline, prior resistance, now support, I'll buy 6.66% for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio.
That line today will stand at $2.2, so ECST would have to fall 6% more today for me to buy it. Just keep it on the watch list.
ECST @ 2.2.5 $ yesterday, will you buy based on TA if stock price will be 2.22$?
TIA
O.
now @ 2.20$, David time for entering now?
I would appreciate TA, thanks in advance
O.
Quote from: la-onda on August 18, 2005, 05:55:57 PM
now @ 2.20$, David time for entering now?
I would appreciate TA, thanks in advance
O.
la-onda, don't forget the support we're talking about is a descending trendline, so the support value goes down everyday.
On Friday we've touched the line and volume has increased, so I believe now is the right time for ECST to have a rebound (the rise in volume shows that at this price, buyers are starting to find ECST interesting). But that will be just a technical rebound based primarily on short covering, with some bottom fishing on the mix.
So here's my trading plan:
1) Buy ECST at today's open, 6.66% of the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio.
2) Sell 10% higher if I have that chance.
(
This recommendation was made by David Randolph from 3 Stocks on Fire, and he will update this analysis everyday after the close until he sells the stock. 3 Stocks on Fire is a Community of stock traders and investors. Our 2944 members exchange trading ideas and strategies on our message boards everyday. We welcome you as a new member of the 3 Stocks on Fire Community, please take 10 seconds to register (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=register) and receive our free newsletter)
David,
Why do you think we will have rebound? I really can't see how the fundamentals can support this inflated price ???
I would understand your strategy if the stock was in a downtrend but fundamentally undervalued. But in this case it seems to me that the market is working.
Quote from: Michael on August 19, 2005, 12:16:18 PM
Hi Oliver,
Had a look at ECST and didn't like what I saw. Revenue increased with only 6% in Q2. Order size goes down and advertising spend goes up.....
EPS (ttm) -0.75 not my kind of stock - sorry
It was a quick look though so if you know better please tell me!
Mike
Rumour that Amazon.com is in talks with ECOST.COM !!!
Hi David,
You could be right on this at this price level but I still think falling is not over yet specially when you see 8 consecutive days of falling with high volume on Friday.
Let's look for the support.
Good Luck..
EAG is a buy at $0.15USD./EAG !!!
Ok, bought ECST @$2.11, looking to sell at $2.32.
johandebroyer, please don't do that, thank you !
QuoteWhy do you think we will have rebound? I really can't see how the fundamentals can support this inflated price Huh
I would understand your strategy if the stock was in a downtrend but fundamentally undervalued. But in this case it seems to me that the market is working.
Thanks for your comments Michael. You know, even stocks representing companies that are bankrupt have strong rebounds. My reasoning for buying ECST is just technical, this isn't my kind of trade (against trend ???) and I have a feeling I won't do well on ECST.
But, since I'm a bit ahead on the trade, I'll give it a chance and maintain the trading plan, which is to sell with a 10% profit at $2.32.
The stock is very oversold now and if a counter-trend move is coming, it should come now ...
perfect trade applaud
;)
Applauds from me as well. I really don't understand how you select and time your trades but I don't have to understand it to profit from it so I might buy next time you find a looser ;)
Make sure to sell while you are in green! >:D
Thanks guys :D
Well, as planned, I've already sold ECST at $2.32. As Ramsburg says, «plan the trade, trade the plan».
In fact I was lucky on this one, buying stocks against trend is a losers game in the long run. Anyway, I got my 10%, so I'm satisfied. Let me just put the trade on the closed trades section, I didn't do it yesterday because I follow a list of stocks to analyze and talk about, and ECST was the last on my list, because it was the last to be bought.
Now I'll go to the 3 Pennies on Fire Portfolio analysis.
Good morning :D
Press Release Source: Digital River, Inc.
Digital River Launches Games on the River E-Commerce Solution for eCOST.com
Thursday November 17, 8:00 am ET
E-Commerce Site Delivers Downloadable Games for Casual and Hardcore Gamers of All Ages
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 17, 2005--Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ:DRIV - News), a global leader in e-commerce outsourcing, today announced that it launched a Games on the River e-commerce solution for eCOST.com, a leading online discount retailer of brand-name merchandise. As part of this solution, Digital River launched an interactive online game store branded for eCOST.com. Via this site, eCOST.com is reselling hundreds of PC and casual game titles from Digital River's downloadable software catalog. Gamers shopping on the site will have access to some of the market's newest downloadable game titles as well as back catalog and well-known, classic games from leading game publishers.
eCOST.com's downloadable game site represents a new addition to the company's downloadable software line and an extension to its original e-commerce agreement with Digital River. In addition to hosting and merchandising the site, located at www.eCOST.com under the Software tab, Digital River is managing the transactions, merchandising, fraud prevention screening and digital product delivery.
"We are pleased to be able to expand our relationship with eCOST.com beyond our traditional hosted e-commerce services to include our new downloadable gaming solution. eCOST.com is one of our first channel partners to implement Games on the River as part of its online retail strategy," said Tom Venable, Digital River's senior vice president of retail sales. "Through Games on the River, we can offer channel partners like eCOST.com access to a high traffic, high demand product line and the opportunity to further tap some of the fastest growing categories for online retail sales - PC games and computer software."
Digital River's Games on the River offers a ready-made e-commerce solution for online retailers, affiliates, content publishers and portals interested in providing gamers a shopping experience designed exclusively for them. In addition to providing these resellers access to a growing downloadable game catalog that they can deliver on a play-for-free and buy-now basis, Games on the River features gaming reviews, trailers, cheats and news, as well as the technology to take preorders and promote digital sales of front-line game releases.
"By launching our new online game store, we have been able to both create a new product category and expand our downloadable software product line by hundreds of titles," said Adam Shaffer, CEO of eCOST.com. "Digital downloads represent the next generation of delivery for gaming software. We are excited to offer our customers a larger selection of products, more reasons to visit our site, and some of the leading-edge services available in the online gaming market."
ECOST.COM, INC. (NasdaqNM:ECST) Delayed quote data
Last Trade: 1.42
Trade Time: 2:05PM ET
Change: 0.19 (15.45%)
Prev Close: 1.23
Open: 1.25
Bid: 1.41 x 1300
Ask: 1.43 x 3600
1y Target Est: 5.00
Day's Range: 1.25 - 1.50
52wk Range: 1.23 - 22.25
Volume: 548,556
Avg Vol (3m): 360,341
Market Cap: 25.20M
P/E (ttm): N/A
EPS (ttm): -0.78
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)