Lexar Media, Inc. (LEXR). The Group's principal activities are to design, develop, manufacture and market high-performance digital media as well as other flash-based storage products.
LEXR was on a downtrend with many gap downs when the news came and 127 million shares were traded:
(http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=686;image)
News: «Lexar Media: Toshiba assessed $84M in punitive damages (LEXR, TOSBF, JP:6502) By Carolyn Pritchard
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Lexar Media (LEXR) said late Thursday that a California jury has awarded the company $84 million in punitive damages in its flash memory intellectual property case against Toshiba (JP:6502) and Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. (TOSBF) . On Wednesday, the jury awarded the Fremont, Calif-based digital media company $381.4 million in damages after finding Toshiba liable for breach of fiduciary duty and theft of trade secrets in the development of certain flash memory technology.»
Then the stock corrected from that news induced spike but it hold where it should have so the trend reversal is confirmed (at the 61.8% retracement). Yesterday we had a bullish technical signal with higher than average volume.
I'm buying LEXR at the open.
Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 99% since May 2005 (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/closed_trades.php). We have great traders in our community which take advantage of short term opportunities in stocks instead of criticizing those movements.
If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=register).
Bought @ $6.60
i guess 5.6 $
Yes, thanks la-onda, $5.60 of course ::)
I have my position on this. I have been going through some roller coaster ride with this stock since last September.
Everyone waiting for June 21st court date. If it's favourable, it will jump $3 to $4. if not it might go down a bit.
But we all are expecting some positive news on or before June 21st.
Very speculative but worth taking the risk. ;D
Just posting the chart, I'll hold the stock.
No new technical information on LEXR, still bullish.
I can sell a big profit or a small loss, but I don't appreciate selling a small profit. Only when there's something telling that's all the stock has to give, or when the bullish trend has suddenly turned bearish.
I have an open profit of 3.4% at LEXR. Nothing tells me to sell now.
Another white candle on LEXR, goody goody ;D. Holding the stock.
insider buying on the 13th and 14th:
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=3522668
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=3521555
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=3521733
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=3521764
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=3521832
LEXR should be popping up soon IMO
Another white candle with stronger volume on LEXR. You keep them coming, I'm keeping this stock. At least we should see values above the high of the news day, which was $7.25, a 29% expected profit from my entry point at $5.60.
Low volume small correction day. No new technical information. Holding LEXR.
Yesterday's red candle didn't follow through ... instead we've had a decent 2% appreciation. Keeping LEXR, we have an uptrend in place.
Price and volume rising. No reason to sell, altough I have an open 10% profit. I'm patiently waiting for price to be above the high of the news day, above $7.25 - anyone who bought on that news day will probably have a chance to sell LEXR with a profit.
David....
We did not have a comment on our LEXR today. ;)
Hello setravis !
I update all stocks in 3SF portfolio after the market close and before the next open ... sometimes I have the possibility to update right after the close, sometimes just the next day before the open, like today.
I'm selling LEXR today. Not for a particular reason, I feel I have to unload a lot of stocks today. I'll write a post explaining my position later.
Due to accelerating demand for flash memory,Is it time to reinvest in LEXR????
Cramer pump after hours up...Later news from CA court will send it higher on monday...Possible takeover target... I bought LEXR a few days ago... :)
I believe that LEXR will break $7.25, the previous high in May 24 after the latest court judge ruling.
If the $465 million award stands, this alone will bring $6/share cash (80 mill shares).
The company business model has big problems. If it can make money, the stock could easily go up to $10.00.
Tomorrow morning is best chance to make money on Lexr... :)
I was set to buy at $7.00 but it opened at $7.70. Don't want to catch the big gap up.
The best time to buy it is Sept 25 at $5.75 (candlestick reverse).
Actually I was waiting it to go back to $5.00 to buy.