3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - lucror

#1
Options / Re: not that many posts in april?
May 27, 2008, 11:36:44 PM
Looks like the MPEL options will expire worthless, but I sold half my OSTK calls today for 248% gain which made up for the loss then some. Holding on to the rest until, $35 range.
#2
Options / Re: not that many posts in april?
May 09, 2008, 04:15:38 PM
Recently I took a position in mpel Jun 15 calls, there has been a huge favoring of outside the money calls compared to all puts the past few weeks, maybe earnings on May 15th will be great.

Also, OSTK Sep. 25 calls, I rode this one down before and might be getting in too late or at the wrong time, but I like the chart and how it tends to go up on "good" bad news maybe the short squeeze helps.
   
And unfortunately a losing position in Siri calls hoping there would have already been an approval announcement and small pop by now.

#3
Options / Re: not that many posts in april?
April 22, 2008, 03:27:09 PM
I haven't done much trading recently, just following the action.
#4
Options / Re: RIMM
December 18, 2007, 09:26:21 PM
Anyone thinking about making an earnings play this week with Rim?
#5
Options / DNDN
December 13, 2007, 03:45:17 PM
News out today: http://biz.yahoo.com/cnbc/071213/22245755.html?.v=1
I'm still worried about the short squeeze, but I bought Feb 7.50 puts for $1.50. I think this stock will go back to it's sub 6 level within a month time frame imo.

#6
Options / Re: tma - put options
December 06, 2007, 10:40:28 AM
Putting my profits from cfc into some .NFIXA, NFI dec 5 puts at 2.20. I just don't see how this "good" news will really help in the long run.   
#7
Options / Re: AMZN (puts)
December 05, 2007, 08:11:56 PM
I got burned on some June puts earlier this year. I'm not going to think about touching it until after quarter 4 earnings. It's pps is absurdly high, but that reasoning got me into trouble before.
#8
Stock Picking / Re: NFI Better than bonds!
December 05, 2007, 07:54:34 PM
Any particular reason why this would be up so much AFs? The news just seems like it is delaying the inevitable, why buy? Maybe there is something I'm missing. The date has only been extended until Dec 7.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071205/novastar_financial_waiver.html?.v=1

Thanks
#9
Options / Re: GRMN
October 25, 2007, 10:05:55 PM
Still holding my call as well, looking to sell on Tuesday before earnings.
#10
Options / Re: tma - put options
October 25, 2007, 10:04:57 PM
Anyone think some cfc puts might be a good idea before noon tomorrow? I'm just not sure whether all the recent and earnings news is already priced in?
#11
Options / Re: RIMM
September 27, 2007, 11:16:18 AM
Hi Garoh, I've been enjoying your picks, I hope to get back into trading soon and take advantage of them. I was wondering about your technical trading system. Do you have a particular website for screening the criteria you select or is their a database you get data from and import into excel for example? I'm looking to setup and try different strategies based on TA and option greeks and volume do you have any suggests where or how all this data can be easily accessed and downloaded on a daily basis for analysis?

thanks,
Lucror
#12
Stock Picking / Re: FICC (Strong Volume Gainer)
February 18, 2007, 04:50:26 PM
setravis do you have an insight regarding my previous question?
#13
Stock Picking / Re: FICC (Strong Volume Gainer)
February 16, 2007, 07:11:27 PM
I was watching this one today as well. I am curious if anyone could explain why it jumped up to 5.16 then slowly worked toward a close at the low of the day? I realize that the buyout of 5.53 or 5.33 is a few months away, but why wouldn't this hover toward the buyout price?
#14
Penny Stock Picking / Re: TGLO.OB
July 18, 2006, 12:42:38 AM
anyone still following this stock? Looks like it could keep going up