3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Maestro

#1
Previous 3SOF Picks / Re: A 40% arbitrage play: CUBA
December 08, 2006, 10:12:57 AM
I tried a short sell order anyway just now but both of my brokers still have the stock not available for short sell. Too bad.
--
Maestro
#2
Previous 3SOF Picks / Re: A 40% arbitrage play: CUBA
December 08, 2006, 10:05:43 AM
Neither Ameritrade nor E*Trade had stocks available for short sale yesterday, and the price is too low today to even try it again. I'm afraid I have to sit this one out.

Maestro
#3
Previous 3SOF Picks / Re: Siga para bingo: SIGA
November 08, 2006, 03:17:54 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on November 08, 2006, 05:58:04 AMWe don't want to be too meticulous on this, so I say I'll buy on the $4.05 - $4.10 range (it must be in the first two hours of trading). If, by the close, the stock is set to close below $4, I'll sell it as a protective action.

Going into the homestretch for today. David, are you still holding?

Maestro
#4
Quote from: Leaira on November 08, 2006, 11:45:15 AM
I have a contingency stop order to sell the contracts if the stock drops below the 5EMA, which is about 54.80.

Thank you, Leaira. Since I also bought some of the same call yesterday you now have me to help you pray that the price moves up nicely by the time the call expires in December.

Maestro
#5
Quote from: Leaira on November 07, 2006, 05:48:32 PMWell, I'm in with 20 contracts of the Dec. 55 call option.

Leaira, I was interested in your call option strategy. Now that you've got the DEC/55 contracts, what's your exit plan? Is it similar to your entry plan, i.e are you setting triggers to sell the options if the underlying stock price drops or increases to a certain level?

Maestro
#6
Remembering Leaira saying that on principle she never holds through earnings I was wondering if I should have sold DIVX at the open yesterday, and perhaps bought again at the open today. Then I looked at the first five stocks in a list of stocks for which the earnings report was scheduled after market close on October 30. This is the result:



On average, it does not seem to make any difference whether one holds through earnings or not. There goes my dream of making easy money by selling at the open before the earnings report, then buying to cover the following day!

#7
Charts / Re: Maestro's dump site
October 31, 2006, 12:45:21 PM
Hold through earnings?

#8
Penny Stock Picking / Re: NTRZ.OB – Great outlook.
October 11, 2006, 11:15:46 AM
Quote from: Ramsburg on October 11, 2006, 03:13:12 AM
SELL half of this position near $1.80 and Hold the rest.
I didn't sell half of my position at the open, which so far today was the high for the day at $1.74. Did 3SOF sell anything today? Was 1.74 near enough to 1.80 to trigger the sale?
#9
Stock Picking / Re: Joining the party: GIGM
September 18, 2006, 12:39:20 PM
Quote from: Melf Elf on September 18, 2006, 10:26:11 AM
In a situation like this, where a stock keeps finding resistance, it's not a bad idea to bank some like Aussie did, to defend against a selloff and possible break of the pattern. Especially this close (3.4%) to the 12.10 target.

Or would a trailing stop sometimes be useful for a stock in the 3SOF portfolio?
#10
Previous 3SOF Picks / Re: IAAC: Interesting uptrend
September 15, 2006, 04:57:31 PM
Strangely, Ameritrade cancelled my stop sell order, activated at $20.20, for the reason "Rejected by Market", and I saw this only after the close, which was at $20.97. Unless the price gaps to below $20.20 at the open tomorrow, I am not going to complain to Ameritrade about this, but now I wonder where I can expect IAAC to go, what effect that announcement about the issuance of convertible notes is likely to have on the stock price.

If these notes can be converted at any time into stocks, initially at $25.50, why does this drive down the price?
#11
Stock Picking / Re: Speculative Play: TGC
August 18, 2006, 10:29:42 AM
The stop was not for the close only. Mine triggered at 1.05, sold at 1.04.

Another one bites the dust!

Speculative play, tight stop, small loss.
#12
Previous 3SOF Picks / Re: SPNC – Short
August 15, 2006, 09:35:07 AM
I failed to short-sell SPNC the other day. What do the charts say: is id still a good short play today?
#13
Charts / Re: Maestro's dump site
July 25, 2006, 05:31:21 AM
E*Trade limitations on stop sell orders.
#14
I have a problem with receiving email notification when a new reply is posted on a topic to which I subscribed by clicking on the "NOTIFY" button. See attachment 3SOF_01.pdf for my subscription list.

I receive without problem the daily updates, "New Topic" mails, "Topic Moved" mails, "The Week Ahead Outlook", and very rarely a "Topic Reply" mail, the last on June 22. See attachment 3SOF-02.gif.

For example, there have been replies on the CHID topic (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=4246.new#new) most recently on June 22, 23, 26, 27 and 28 but I received no email notification for any of these.

I checked and none of the emails from [email protected] are in the "Deleted" folder, "Spam" folder or any other folder.

I wonder what could be the cause of this problem. Should I, in "Edit Profile", uncheck the box "Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply"? I checked that box because I believe it serves to avoid multiple emails if more than one new reply is posted on a topic since I last read it.
#15
G, I am thinking of shorting CCI today. What does the latest TA say? Still a good candidate for a short?