3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - poiss

#1
Scottish,
I totally agree with Aussie, I selected IB ~2 years ago and still happy with them. And their pricing totally rules.
BTW, You can transfer Your positions from Ameritrade to IB account directly in most cases. No need to get out.
#2
Quote from: fill_the_gap on July 10, 2005, 07:23:54 AM
...
Problem with posting after is that you can buy and/or watch a few and then claim you bought the one that rises substantially.   :o
......

Fill_the_gap,
Before You say things like You did, please take a little time to read EliteG's previous posts in different threads. Quoting EliteG: "This project is a challenge to myself and I plan to win" - will EliteG lie to EliteG? Doubtful.
#3
Quote from: Michael on July 02, 2005, 04:00:24 AM
...There are a few stocks in my portfolio I wouldn't sell whatever the TA says (that is unless the fundamentals change!). Dendreon is one of them.
...The potential is just so enormous ...
...The company has enough cash ...
...I stumbled over some figures ...

Michael,
You are so right and correct, but as I mentioned before - DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS STOCK, especially when it's from biotech sector!
In fact - almost all the good news we know now were known in December 2004 but it could not avoid the disaster in January 2005. For now we know, that:
(quoted from Yahoo MB, by caseystarman)
A. Provenge works.
B. Dendreon leads the vaccine immunotherapy parade with Provenge.
C. Their delivery cassette technology works and has seen us through all three Trial phases with D9901 which completed last October.
D. 9902a in a recent unblinding was tracking "similarly" to D9901 as we approached the last months of this second Provenge Phase III Trial.
E. A BLA filing is imminent and has been declared to be all but a certainty--which it likely is.
F. There is no other non-toxic PC vaccine that has been demonstrated to work in a Phase III Trial. The competition is years behind DNDN.
G. Pressure on the FDA is inherent in this situation. PC patients want this opportunity to extend their lives and will, IMO, be accommodated.

Let's add some more facts:
Total Debt/Equity (mrq): 0,028
Short % of Float (as of 10-Jun-05): 23,10%
Merger rumours etc...
But all these facts are showing, that something is missing in short-term. Stock with all the values mentioned above should trade at 5-6 times higher and yet...
I do agree with Your statement if You are long in DNDN. In long term (for me - 3-5 years) this baby will grow enormously and this is a good price to accumulate. But at this very moment my suggestion for 3SOF followers is to follow David's advice which is mostly TA-based (also take a look at Melf Elf's postings).
As a "long in DNDN" I'll give You an applaud for Your post, but in short term this stock may fall under 4 and also it may rise over 6. There's big difference for short-term players!
#4
Quote from: Rocket8 on June 24, 2005, 08:15:01 AM
...
i take it you are selling if DNDN drops below MA50 = 5.22?
...
-rocket8
There's no hidden messages ("stop@", "do as I do" etc.) in every post, just some opinions. If You are after profit like 3Stocksonfire portfolio has, You have to follow captain's (David) advice. And as much as I understand, his messages are extremely clear - "buy" or "sell". Just follow his posts. Thats it!
#5
Quote from: stockpicker on June 23, 2005, 08:59:12 AM
...
An important part of the story is DNDN's short interest. As you can see, there is a huge S.I. position of nearly 14 million shares and it is often manipulated by a couple of large hedge funds that specialize in shorting biotech stocks (and often make a lot of money since most small biotech eventually fail)....
Stockpicker,
DO NOT forget, that this is a BIOTECH company we are talking about and til´now the shorts were right. I made my mistake in January: nice short interest, no bad news coming, good news on the way, company full of cash, nice technical picture and ... I lost 1/2 of my investment  in 9 days. It hurt, it really hurt! And I still can not understand - why?
Well, now I'm long in DNDN since April 2005 @4.57 and even knowing all the news and technicals, I'm still prepared for bad surprises because this is a BIOTECH company! [email protected] and do not count on huge short interest!
Good luck to all of You!
#6
Quote from: macaddictsg01 on June 18, 2005, 02:20:01 AM
...
I just got an excerpt from the Yahoo MB. Will this create a total chage of the FLYI share price that would turn the FLYI to GREEN ?
...

macaddictsg01,
Bashing and pumping is normal behavior in Yahoo MB. Let's keep 3stocksonfire.org board clean from trash!
BTW! This subject was already explained by David (fake news).
#7
Stock Picking / Re: Steel is in play: AKS
June 16, 2005, 08:54:20 AM
If You take a look at the whole sector You can see the same pattern everywhere. I´m long in GNA and all the same - great fundamentals (low P/E, cash dividends, growth etc.) but weak performance. IMHO it´s not about the stock, its all about the steel price. But yes, something is cooking and it will explode soon. Even I´m not taking position in AKS (for now!), this is most certainly the best pick in this sector.
Keep up good work!
#8
Stock Market Talking / Re: Which Broker?
June 11, 2005, 08:22:15 AM
I use http://www.interactivebrokers.com. Unbeatable data quality and execution speed (IMHO). Different trading platforms, 50+ markets. Nothing is for free, but price is reasonable. Also works perfectly with TA software like Medved Quotetracker, Amibroker etc.
#9
David,

Q#1: What are Your basics for selling?
Q#2: Do You use STOP-LOSS orders?

BTW! Your page has taken 1.st place in my financial bookmarks in only 5 days.