3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Stock Trading Basics to Swing Trading

Started by LiveLife, November 13, 2005, 09:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiveLife

VICL back on rebound.  It will be interesting to see where it closes today.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

VICL maintained the gains.  As anticipated, losses for other Avian plays.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

With frenzy of VICL tapering, some of Biotech stocks may recover.

Those that asked, I will continue posting GZFX and other penny stock postings at 3SOF Penny MBs:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=2047.msg60114#msg60114
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

#858
Since I decided to not cover penny stocks, I won't do a comprehensive posting; but there are certainly good trading opportunities in penny stocks such as CHID.OB.

Much followup discussion is continuing with the newbies group as to the focus and the format of the Swing Trading MB and the Knowledge Base.

It is true that the Swing Trading MB and the Knowledge Base need to be maintained to provide simple and easy introduction to stock trading and Swing Trading for those new to stock trading who are not yet familiar with the often fast and volatile world of stock trading.  But I also want to share the potentially lucrative world of penny stocks, but many in the newbies group are primarily interested in learning the basics of stock trading with "slower" stocks, even if they represent lower profit levels.

I am sure we can reach a "common" ground where we can balance the two.  As I said last November at the start of this MB thread, various Swing Trading methods and principles will be examined and we would "evolve" as we learn to be more and more effective in stock trading.  I still see myself as a stock trading newbie and I am learning new things on a daily basis.

My biggest challenge has been to take the often complex and difficult technical analysis tools/indicators and converting them into easy to use tools for other newbies.  The Swing Trading Templates and the simple BUY/SELL charting have been the initial products of this MB thread and the positive responses to these tools have been my biggest rewards.

Working with someone who has never traded before and trying to express the concepts and processes you now take for granted (like MACD and RSI) is very frustrating at times, but when they finally learn the concepts and processes and can properly draw charts to identify the BUY/SELL points, it is worth the time spent.

I believe in the Swing Trading principles.  I believe Swing Trading methods will allow traders, especially newbies, to minimize losses and maximize gains while being able to analyze charts in a very quick and efficient manner.

Who knows, with the second newbies group, the "future" of Swing Trading MB thread will be redirected or changed.  I have continued my study of stock trading techniques and principles and will continue to share those findings on this MB.  Most recently, I have reviewed some more of Elliott Wave Theory concepts and will be posting on the bullish/bearish wave patterns (see pictures below).

With passing of time, I am learning more and more why stocks behave the way they do.  Learning more stock trading basics are helping me understand more of stock trends.  Believe me, this second group of newbies has certainly "opened" my eyes as to how little I know about stock trading.

As I continue my "journey" in learning and enjoying this hobby of stock trading, I bid all of you well, and invite you to do the same, keep learning and become more effective with stock trading.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

Case in point of why penny stocks have the gain potential is likes of USXP.  I have been monitoring USXP for a rebound and RSI is down to 30.  If it rebounds and reaches previous resistance of $0.04, that would be a gain potential of almost 600%.

I am sure I will talk some more tonight with the second newbies group.  ;)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

Repost from GZFX penny MB:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=2047.new#new

fill_the_gap,

I promised that I would trade GZFX strictly technically to my wife.  When it fell below trendline, I had to sell.

I know the AAFES deal and the upcoming webcast will improve the outlook for GZFX, especially if they fulfill their promise of signing with another national outlet.

I have discussed much with the second newbies group and plan on posting this weekend on the viability of trading penny stocks and possibly holding multiple penny stock positions since any one position taking off with several hundred percent gain will more than make up for other positions.

I feel that penny stocks should not be overlooked, especially if you are speculating with smaller accounts that many of the newbies have.

I am planning to jump back into GZFX on more rebound signs.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

= Announcement =

Due to newly diagnosed cancer of mother-in-law and need to take care of family issues, for the forseeable future, I won't be able to maintain the daily posting.

I will post when I get a chance, from time to time.

For the second newbies group, I will focus on revising the Knowledge Base as time permits.

Those that have given much words of encouragement and celebration over the past months, I thank you all for your support for Swing Trading.

Take care, and keep on trading!

- John
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.