3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

CLWT

Started by David Randolph, June 27, 2005, 03:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Yes, it was delayed, they said in a report to the SEC they would present earnings in the following 15 days, so you can expect those earnings before 15th of July.

They gave guidance which was in line with the past growth of the company. I will look for the link where I've read this and post for you, just a minute please.



fred

I bought to hold till earnings are released and i will stick to that plan. Maybe the N 20F filling didn't tell it all and since this is a small float company you never know what market makers and daytraders do when the earnings are officially out.
And.... there is the dividend question.
In 2001 Three-for-ten stock split in the form of a dividend.
In 2003 Dividend of four shares per ten shares
In 2004 Dividend of five shares per ten.
In 2005 ???

So, i wait and hope something nice will follow.
wish me luck.

cumulina

I'm with you, fred.

Holding till we get some news.

Money aren't wasted untill we sell with a loss, right?  ;)

Cheers!
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

Tirebldr

Thanks David. I guess at this point I'd best hold too. And hold. And hold. And..........wait for the next spike. I'm retired now and got nothing left but time.....to hold. And...... :-\
Art

calguy

I was going to sell first thing this morning but got tied up with something else. I actually think we may have seen the bottom here and I think there is a good chance it will get back up to the mid 4's before earnings actually does come out. The stock split question is what should give it an earnings run I'm hopiong.

ehos

I know I will be 'smited' for what I said earlier (like I said, it would be unpopular).  I had my reasoning to sell.

BUT, the good news for people holding on is, it's OVERSOLD.  :)  Like I was 100% sure earnings (or news of) would send it down, I'm also sure it will rebound and spike.

(But, sorry, it will probably go down a bit more before it recovers, don't panic!).

calguy

Nice reversal action on Friday. Hopefully the major selling is over and we see a renewed earnings run as the new and improved delayed earning report gets close to being released.

ncham


calguy

Any thoughts on the ER?? Nice AH action last night, but will it follow through when the market opens?? The yahoo board is pumping this thing to double digits, but that's Yahoo MB's for you. Any sensible and realistic predictions here? I'll be happy with $5 pr $6 right now and we'll see how it goes after that.

VikingFan

With the tiny float and good fundamentals, it could go much higher if momentum traders jump on.  CTTY, VEXP, and ABLE were recent low-float runners that had absolutely horrible fundmentals in comparison.

ncham

i've traded CLWT quite a few times. I've never seen it continue a run. I sold at an average of $6.18. I think the lack of a dividend and the fact that the float is higher this year kept the spike down in comparison to previous years. You might get some kind of secondary bounce either tomorrow or in a few days, but i think todays high was it for a while.

David Randolph

I want to congratulate the people that held until the actual earnings release: a 46% jump at the open  :o

Of course, this was a «buy the rumor, sell the news» kind of story. I was wrong in not holding the stock until the news release.


3puttssuck

ncham,

I couldn't agree with you more.  I looked at the chart Thursday night after the ER came out and noticed they fail to hold a gain in the past.  Often the candle looks like the one from Friday, good pop at the open but don't be left holding it for too long.

I'm taking note for next quarter's report.  The trend seemed to repeat again.

fred

I was at work Friday, so i couldn't sell before it went down to 5 $. Still was surprised off the steady decline after the run up. CLWT stays very undervalued at 4,4 if you look at their fundamentals. Too much short term players and not enough long-term investors, probably because they don't communicate enough.
3puttssuck, don't wait for quarter results because they won't come.
I still keeping an eye on this one for a quick buck since it could go up again Monday or the day after

we'll see