3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

TIDE.OB

Started by David Randolph, June 27, 2005, 07:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Market Cap: 82.94M

Medium term chart:



Motive to buy: «I have a special feeling to recognize and trade speculative bubbles. I've seen several of them and they always work the same way.

After a bull market we're entering a speculative bubble in oil and oil stocks. Usually the bubble accounts for 50% of the move of the entire bull market in 10% of the time. So I can historically and generally expect the oil index ($OIX in www.stockcharts.com) to rise some 50% in the next 4 months or so (100% for the people who bought at the beginning of the bull market in oil stocks), with the price of the barrel of oil itself to reach something north of $80.

Like I said, I've seen many speculative bubbles come and go ... and I can tell you, in the final months of the bull market, in the bubble territory, every stock that is in some way or another related to the sector will explode higher. It is a catching up phenomena, in the end investors look in the garbage and find many small and micro cap stocks forgotten, lying on the floor and they pick them in rage.»

Buying TIDE.OB tomorrow at the open.

Everyday I will analyze TIDE.OB after the market close until I sell the stock. I always tell I'm going to sell before I actually take action. You just have to follow the answers to this post.

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 127% since May 2005. We have great traders in our community which take advantage of short term opportunities in stocks.

If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.

David Randolph

I'll buy just 3.33% of the portfolio, instead of the usual 6.66%.

David Randolph

You can see it on the homepage, I bought TIDE.OB @$1.36

airattack

Good afternoon, David !!!..

I am new here, I have TIDE for over 6 mos, What do you think about the future of this stock? ...


Cheers!!.

David Randolph

Ouch, what an horrible bearish engulfing candle we got on TIDE.OB. Technically I couldn't own this stock. It is possible for it to go down a lot from here. Of course, there couldn't be great potential without great short term risk - that's why, and because of liquidity concerns, I only bought 3.33% of the portfolio, I don't want to be forced to pay too much attention to short term developments in this stock.

I believe TIDE.OB has the ability to rise 500% if oil gets to $80 a barrel ... I don't know much about the company and I think knowing it wouldn't help me much in this speculative venture.

The game is: oil will enter a speculative bubble. Oil related stocks will shoot through the roof. If it doesn't happen, which I doubt but anything is possible in the market, and this stock goes to $0, I will lose 3.33% of total equity. That's a risk I have to take, this is more like an option play than a stock play.

David Randolph

It was a hard thing to watch TIDE.OB on the intraday, that's why I try not to be looking at quotes intraday, I'm not going to do anything anyway, so way stare at the monitor, thinking too much? I know it is a vice, lice smoking or drinking, a vice a speculator should get ride of (sometimes it pays to be glued to the monitor, but I believe it is more prejudicial than beneficial).

TIDE.OB made a spectacular recover from the lows of the session, marking an hammer with strong volume. Perhaps the stock will still come down to support at around $0.8, I don't know and I don't care all that much. Not very worried with timing here, more worried about the validity of the story. Because if the story stands tall and oil goes bubbling above $80 these micro cap oil stocks will shoot 1000%, little doubt about that.

The post a member wrote on the AVLN.OB
is one more proof that these stocks are good medium term plays ... the story is getting into political means, soon it will be out loud in the public, and a rush, like so many that happened in world economic history, will happen again. And it won't be the last one, I at least can assure you that.

David Randolph

It would have been better if TIDE.OB closed above $1.21, let's see if she manages that with the coming oil price recovery.

David Randolph

TIDE.OB is coming back from the dead with a vengeance. It doesn't seem on the chart, but the stock is up 34% from the lows set just 3 sessions ago. Volume has been above average so I expect the short term advance phase to continue.


David Randolph

Perhaps TIDE.OB will retreat a bit today, I honestly don't know and I honestly don't care all that much. I'm in this stock for the looming oil stocks bubble and I'm not concerned with short term developments.



David Randolph

I've made a general analysis on these micro cap oil stocks on the AVLN.OB thread, the analysis is the same for TIDE.OB

I'll just leave the chart ...

David Randolph

Actually I'm making a small profit on TIDE.OB, which is news on these micro cap oil related stocks. If I'm not thinking about selling the short term losers you can be sure I'm not thinking about selling the winners.

David Randolph

Still slowly rising. I'm actually ahead on TIDE.OB, which is news on my micro cap oil plays  ::)

It would be nice for the stock to close above $1.44, breaking that minor resistance hatched on the chart.

David Randolph

TIDE.OB was nice, closing above $1.45, although volume was low. The next resistance level is just at $1.92.

Curiously, the micro cap oil stock that's doing better on the 3 SOF portfolio is the one getting less reads.

David Randolph

The way TIDE.OB was rising was somewhat of a surprise to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't get surprised everytime a stock I hold rises  :D

It would be cool to see an H&S pattern here ...

I'm holding the stock for the medium term.

David Randolph

If TIDE.OB goes down to $1.21 we could have an inverted head and shoulders pattern here. It would be cool  :)