3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

VIP

Started by bjc, October 29, 2007, 02:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjc

This is a Russian mobile provider.  Stock is off to the races.

I've been talking about it on the CHL thread, but I figure it's time for a new thread now.  Making new all time highs everyday.  I'd look to buy on a pullback to $30 or so?  I hope there is no pullback to $30 as I'm a current shareholder but I certainly wouldn't be surprised.  If the market keeps rallying, VIP's momentum should take it to $40-50 area quickly.

bjc

As was suspected VIP pulled back.  It would've taken super strength to withstand this shakeout.

Looking good.  Big resistance at 32 right now as it is just a sticky number for the stock lately and the downtrend line starting in late oct is pretty much smack dab on 32.  If the market remains this strong though VIP shouldn't have a great deal of trouble with 32.  Lots of buying interest can come in very quickly to this rapidly growing company.

They are making their money by their customers spending more cash.  The middle class is expanding in Russia and also they are growing wealthier. 

MBT is another great pick, VIP's largest competitor.  It even withstood this recent demolishing. 

BigSully1

Bjc, hope this link will work for you at IBD. Video analysis of TKC-Turkcell. Turkish large cap. I know you like the telecom/wireless sector. IBD rating 99=A+, "Best in Group" overall and attractiveness ranks, #3 out of 61 technical rank, #9 out of 61 fundamental rank.

http://www.investors.com/includes/edit/multimedia/dsa/111407_dsa_tkc/111407_dsa_tkc.html




bjc

Might not be a bad time to get in VIP...

Breaking through the short term moving averages, will have a little struggle with 31.  Then it's off to the races.  If the market rallies I think it is more or less imminent VIP explodes to the upside..

bjc

Maybe I won't lose every cent I have..

VIP looks good.

bjc

After making a new all time high yesterday, VIP announced earnings this mornings.  The earnings appear to be very solid and everything is in line.

VIP is trading lower, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but I'll rest assured and hold on to my shares.  I suppose the stock was just getting ahead of itself. 

I don't want to kick myself when VIP crosses $50 in the middle of 08, which it will for sure.  Forward PE on google is listed at 14!  WOW

bjc

The market is coming around on VIP's earnings.  They were great, maybe just not spectacular.

New all time high, up a couple bucks.  Heavy volume started to come in on push through 36, the 52 week high area. 

bjc

This stock is as good as it gets.  Next time it dips like mid-nov. I'd look to be a buyer.

A 20% pullback in VIP is like a gift from the heavens.  There isn't anything that will hurt this fundamental story, and it is way cheaper than CHL best of breed.  I say VIP and MBT and AMX are right up there in the next tier.  AMX was killing me after I bought it but I was patient and almost back to even.  I bought like RIGHT at the high before earnings.  Oh well, sometimes timing just sucks.


But seriously, keep an eye on VIP.  It sucks I'm the only person who has posted in this thread because this is such an awesome stock.  This may be a good selling opp here a bit over extended but put it on your wish list.  It is one of those stocks that is always the first to bounce back with the market and is almost always a market leader.  Check out the fundamentals..  $0.46 Q307 ... $0.26 in comparable Q306.  The growth is just undeniable and the pe ratio doesn't reflect it.  This is my favorite stock.


Edit: I forgot Sully chimed in.  Anyway keep an eye on VIP. 

bjc

VIP is getting killed by shorts, as was kinda anticipated, but not to this extent. 

VIP - 3.33 (8%)

It just bounced off 37.  I would not have anticipated this heavy of a selloff.

bjc

VIP continues to perform tremendously well.  It looks like it may be ready to rally again.  This rally has been uncannily systematic.  Every time it rallies there has been a pull back to lower than old highs.  It happened this time again, but today it had a great day amidst these horrible market conditions.

Anyway, VIP is #7 on the IBD 100 and things should only continue to go well with the acquisition of Golden Telecom.  The stock is starting to get a bit pricey, but the growth is ample to support the stock price appreciation.  $50 would probably be a good sell price into the next rally, but I'm afraid the one time I try to play it for a little 15% discount will be the one time it really takes off..without the systematic pullback.  So I just choose to hold. 

Anyway as usual I feel VIP is a stock to keep an eye on.