3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

FSLR

Started by BigSully1, November 08, 2007, 08:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSully1

Who thought FSLR was overvalued at $50? Should break $200 today. Premium stocks command a premium price.

First Solar Crushes Views, Soars

The solar panel maker said after the market close that Q3 earnings rose 600% to 49 cents a share ex a 9-cent tax gain, beating views of 19 cents. First Solar's (NasdaqGM:FSLR - News) revenue grew 292% to $159 mil, besting expectations. It has finished work at a German facility ahead of schedule and it saw robust demand. Shares shot up 23% in late trading. Other solar power firms rallied late.

Other premium, market leading solar stocks are #1 SPWR, pushing $200 also, #2 STP, IMO.

Other stocks with very nice ER's last night are SYX, GRRF,CTRP,SRVY,TRLG,OVEN,ICFI,KNOL.
This morning's ER's still coming in.................................

422fwhp

I added to my FSLR short today...we shall see.

bjc

422-

I have some FSLR puts to protect my CSIQ and SOLF positions.  I started buying them a couple days ago, so I am about even..maybe down a bit or up a bit, I'm not really sure really. 

I really want FSLR to disappoint so it just gets annihilated and my puts explode.  I don't see how they can announce earnings good enough to please the street...

422fwhp

I don't know anything about "puts" and options stuff.   :'(

bjc

Call is the option to buy a stock at or before a certain time.

A put is the option to sell a stock at or before a certain time.

So the right to sell FSLR at $160 could be worth a lot tomorrow if it is trading at or around $160.  Or it could be totally worthless.

I have just started trying this, and I am terrible at it.  I'm like 0/5, just throwing money away.  But this has taught me one thing..I want to be the guy selling the options, not the guy buying them. 

422fwhp

Solars should come down today b/c STP missed and guided lower....agree?

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080220/suntech_power_outlook.html?.v=1

:59AM Suntech Power misses by $0.02, misses on revs; guides Q1 revs below consensus; guides FY08 revs below consensus (STP) 45.89 : Reports Q4 (Dec) earnings of $0.34 per share, excluding non-recurring items, $0.02 worse than the First Call consensus of $0.36; revenues rose 82.5% year/year to $397.5 mln vs the $419.6 mln consensus. Co issues downside guidance for Q1, sees Q1 revs of $370-380 mln vs. $455.04 mln consensus. Co issues downside guidance for FY08, sees FY08 revs of $1.9-2.1 bln vs. $2.24 bln consensus. Non-GAAP gross margin was 21.6% in Q407. Co expects non-GAAP gross margin in Q108 to be slightly higher than Q407.


BigSully1

update, heavy volume