3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

VWPT

Started by jeff46902, June 29, 2005, 03:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiveLife

#90
Nice gain today (4.9%) and closed even higher afterhours (additional 1.87%) at $1.09!  ;)

Steady gains intraday with no sigificant signs of weakness.  We may have a new base here and pullback maybe over.  If VWPT rebounds from here, this would be a good entry point for another run up to test the previous highs of $1.64 and maybe up to $3.99 longer term?  Heck, this is a speculative gamble and I can certainly hope, right?   :D 

As I stated on previous posts, my position is long and I will continue to hold as long as 10 MA stays above 50 MA.  Longer term, I am looking at the rebound pattern of 2003 when VWPT rebounded from $0.30 to $3.99, and possibly higher this time.  As always, time will tell.  ;)

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#chart1:symbol=vwpt;range=20021216,20040601;indicator=split+sma(10,50);charttype=candlestick;crosshair=on;logscale=on;source=undefined

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#chart1:symbol=vwpt;range=my;indicator=split+volume+rsi;charttype=line;crosshair=on;logscale=on;source=undefined


Next resistance only at $1.11!!!  I believe we'll breakthrough this resistance easily next week.

http://quotes.barchart.com/texpert.asp?sym=vwpt


Anticipating market open above $1.10 Tuesday.  Have a nice weekend!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

Repost from Yahoo VWPT MB:

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_V/threadview?m=me&bn=22836&tid=129905&mid=129938&tof=1&frt=2

"Thanks,

If you follow my 3SOF MB posts, I bought in at $0.46.  With such spiking gains in three short jumps from $0.33 to $1.20 in 3 weeks, I anticipated pullback and profit taking (For many like you, how can you pass up 100-200% gains?!).

What I wasn't sure about was how long these pullbacks would last - first two pullbacks on rebound from $0.33 lasted only about 2-3 days before resuming gains.  And as such, today's steady gain with no significant weakness may indicate that this week's pullback may have ended to resume gains next week (Monday and Tuesday volume alone was over 9 million shares combined! - a lot of profit taking!).

With much of profit takers flushed out, many traders may look to buy on rebound for another run (even for those that took profit).

As I posted, I am long on VWPT and will continue to hold (and probably buy more) as long as 10 MA stays above 50 MA."
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

Repost from Yahoo VWPT MB:

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_V/threadview?m=me&bn=22836&tid=129905&mid=129905&tof=2&frt=1

"I am a technical trader and there are several technical indicators I use for my trades (52 week high/low, price, volume, 10/50 MA, RSI, MACD and some candlestick).

Mind you, there are many more technical indicators, but these are the ones I use regularly.  If you want more technical assessments, you can use stockta or barchart:

http://www.stockta.com/cgi-bin/analysis.pl?symb=VWPT&num1=1&cobrand=&mode=stock

http://quotes.barchart.com/texpert.asp?sym=vwpt


As to your question, how fast or slow (lagging) the technical indicators are depends on the time period/criteria you use.

I find that 50/200 MA is way too slow for me and the trades I make.  That's why I use 10/50 MA.

When a stock is rebounding (especially off 52 week low), I look for 10 MA rebound to buy (but this must be confirmed with RSI and MACD!).  10 MA crossing above 50 MA indicates uptrend and you can either continue to accumulate/buy or hold as 10 MA peaks to sell/take profit.  If the stock continue to uptrend after this pullback/profit taking, 10 MA will dip slightly and continue to climb above the 50 MA.

As VWPT (and many other stocks) has expressed in the past, as the stock rebounds, it will go through periods of gain followed by pullbacks/price corrections we call "profit taking" where traders/investors who bought at much lower prices will sell to lock in their gains.  Once this selling is done, you are left mostly with traders/investors who bought at higher prices that are unwilling to sell at BID price and will continue to ASK for higher prices - This is what continues to drive up the price of a stock as long as there is BUYING PRESSURE expressed by volume (I also look for weekly/monthly volume trends).

You will note that many short-term chart trends (price) will follow the RSI(14) and MACD (positve/negative) trends, and I use these indicators for SWING TRADING (trades done within several days).  I also use RSI(2) for even shorter SWING TRADING/DAY TRADING and/or CHANNEL TRADING (where short-term price follows a distinctive "saw tooth" pattern up or down). (I posted sample charts with annotations for you to see at 3SOF Public Forum VWPT MB:)

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=1112.90


Of course, the magic question for every stock trader/investor is "When do you sell?"

I use 10 MA peaks as selling points as confirmed by RSI/MACD peaks.  However, when there is a large gain potential for a stock (especially rebounding off 52 week lows), I will choose to ride out the short-term pullbacks/profit taking and look for channeling of uptrend and wait for 10 MA to drop back towards 50 MA - When this happens, you definately want to sell and be completely out before 10 MA drops below 50 MA.

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#chart7:symbol=vwpt;range=20030127,20040607;indicator=split+sma(10,50);charttype=candlestick;crosshair=on;logscale=on;source=undefined

Use of technical analysis/indicators is crucial to my trading as I have lost money chasing stocks up or bought stocks at the top only to see prices fall.  That's why I use the technical indicators I currently use and look for rebounding stocks (especially off 52 week low) to minimizing buying at the top.  However, you must be careful that you do not "catch the falling knife" by buying a down trend stock - always look for confirming rebound indicators (RSI double bottom/cup-and-handle/the "W" pattern, etc.) before you buy.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp


I will also post examples of these at the 3SOF MB for you to see.

I hope I answered your question."
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

setravis

Quote from: LiveLife on May 22, 2007, 04:56:45 AM
Quote from: setravis on May 01, 2007, 07:41:58 PM

... viewpoint is good enough for me to expect this baby to double.


setravis, we more than doubled!  ;)

Nice volume and steady gain today.

Now, holding while 10MA stays above 50MA as we test the previous high of $1.64.

Quote from: setravis on May 22, 2007, 04:03:49 PM
Quote from: LiveLife on May 22, 2007, 04:56:45 AM
setravis, we more than doubled!  ;)

Nice volume and steady gain today.

Now, holding while 10MA stays above 50MA as we test the previous high of $1.64.

How sweet it is... ;D :D ;)
Make them $dollars$  8)

Quote from: setravis on May 21, 2007, 11:11:31 AM
Quote from: setravis on May 18, 2007, 05:59:48 PM
Nice move up here.
Now Maybe this pup fills the gap at $1.30
13-day MA has crossed over the 50-day MA

Recent CandleStick Analysis
Bullish
May-16-2007 Bullish Engulfing








Pre-holiday profit taking.......no worries... ;D
Thursday's action,This was just taking some money off the table before the three day weekend.I have the feeling a lot of people will probably get an early jump on this stock Friday,
and come Tuesday morning.
Over a buck...cash infusion may put this back toward the 52 week high of $1.85

13-day MA has crossed the 50 and 200-day MA's

52wk Range: 0.30 - 1.85
Volume: 463,935
Avg Vol (3m): 738,903

Technicals
Percentage Gainer

Last Price Quote is:
16.65%above 13-day MA
59.39%above 50-day MA
RS Rating: 98 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $87.30 
P/E Ratio: NA 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: 08/09/2007
Last Analyst Rating: Neutral

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

LiveLife

#94
$1 bottom is definately holding!
And today being May 29th, any remaining concern over delisting should become a non-issue by tomorrow.  ;)

Gapped up at open and tested $1.14 intraday and closed up at $1.11 with (3.74%) gain and moderate volume of 400K.  It was down aftermarket, but since the bottom of last Thursday ($1.05), VWPT has been rebounding steadily each day.

Close:   1.11
Change:   Up 0.04 (3.74%)
Prev Close:   1.07
Open:   1.11
Day's Range:   1.09 - 1.14
52wk Range:   0.30 - 1.85
Volume:   408,304
Avg Vol (3m):   577,233


Sector Glance: Web Ad Stocks Mostly Rise
Tuesday May 29, 5:31 pm ET
Online Advertising Stocks Mostly Rise, Miva Jumps

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070529/sector_glance_internet.html?.v=2
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

Is VWPT developing a new channel?

If it is, then it will be interesting to follow the paces.  ;)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

RSI 2 Charting with channel.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

Last resistance of $1.11 broken.

Next resistance at $1.16.


http://quotes.barchart.com/texpert.asp?sym=vwpt
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

nikao

for me it's a buy as soon as the resitance around 1,20 is broken...

nikao

picked it up for a little play at 1,08 .. since it closed the gap from the opening yesterday .. let's see if it will go up now ;)

nikao

Quote from: nikao on May 30, 2007, 10:32:02 AM
picked it up for a little play at 1,08 .. since it closed the gap from the opening yesterday .. let's see if it will go up now ;)

could have picked up at a better rate easily, since it traded the whole day around 1,05 / 1,06.. but a strong close on volume at 1,10 makes me happy after all ;)

LiveLife

$1 Bottom Holding!    $1 Bottom Holding!    $1 Bottom Holding!    $1 Bottom Holding!
Tested $1 again today and it held to close back up to the intraday high of $1.10 (only 1 cent loss today) with a gradual increase in volume (we were only at 200-300K just over 2 weeks ago).

If $1 holds as the new basis bottom, then increasing buying pressure will push price back up.

IMHO. 

Let's watch for tomorrow's market open nikao. ;)

Close:  1.10
Change:   Down 0.01 (0.90%)
Prev Close:   1.11
Open:   1.11
Day's Range:   1.00 - 1.11
52wk Range:   0.30 - 1.85
Volume:   485,854
Avg Vol (3m):   581,052
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

setravis

Has great support at the $1.00 level...
Support @ $1.08...0.97...0.86
Resistance @ $1.21
13-day MA crossed over the 200-day

52wk Range: 0.30 - 1.85
Volume: 485,854
Avg Vol (3m): 579,566

Technicals
Last Price Quote is:
16.43%above 13-day MA
59.77%above 50-day MA
MACD is Bullish
RS Rating: 98 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $87.30 
P/E Ratio: NA 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: 08/09/2007
Last Analyst Rating: Neutral
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

LiveLife

I agree on the $1 bottom holding.

With $1 base, as long as 10MA stays above 50MA with MACD in the positive territory, we should be cleared for another run (steady gains or jumps).

Time will tell, as always.   ;)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

labatts6254

Intriguing stock, picked some up @ 1.03 today.

Cheers,