3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

AOB

Started by David Randolph, June 30, 2005, 07:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

I didn't bought this gap up, I'll pass for now ... look to buy in a few days, don't like to buy these gap ups when we did already had a big rise.

I should have said $2.48 was my limit ... good luck for those who bought AOB, it's a good medium/long term holding.


rocket8

looks like your stocks (overall) are doing nicely dave. 

i never bought AOB. 

it still looks too good to be true.

even at today's price the multiple is so damn low.

personally i am bothered by the fact that yahoo does not have a message board for AOB.  i like to speak to many people (bashers) about the negatives of a stock.  i think the fact that traders/investors cannot talk to each other on this "china" stock is keeping the price down.

what's amazing is that AOB is growing and growing.

-rocket8

baltojohn2003

ROCKET8,

THERE ARE ACTIVE MESSAGE BOARDS ON :WWW.RAGINGBULL.LYCOS.COM
                                                               
AND YAHOO INTERNATIONAL BOARD (I DON'T HAVE THE DETAILED ADDRESS).

BOTH BOARDS ARE STILL USING THE BB SYMBOL---AOBO.OB

                                                            BALTOJOHN

zhufred

sell or hold? Ihave no idea. Who can tell me?

shawFund

I bought AOB long time ago but only bought few K shares.

Before I bought it, I studied their 3 years of financials: earnings, revenues, products, markets, etc. Everything is rosy.  If it is an America company, it will be at least $10 stock.

I also believe that Chiese herbal has big market in China. The only concern is whether they cook their books.

This company is in HeiLingJiang which has the reputation of corruption, fraud.

I read stories that all the officers are "bought". That is, in order to get promotion, they need to send cash to their bosses. After they got promoted, these newly promoted officers will do the same thing to make up their loss.

So, it will not hurt if I only own few K shares.



3puttssuck

I sold mine today at 2.69.  Been holding since 1.90.  I feel I can buy it back less than 2.69; it was just in the 2.20s until today.  I've seen so many come back down that now I take the gain when I can.  I feel this will trend higher, but for now I'm pleased with the 41% profit.

All this IMO.

la-onda

updated chart, still long with AOB
I will hold this one

Michael

#97
Found a house and found time to look at Q2 from AOB

One of the issues that has been raised in this thread is the credibility of the Westminster report:

Quote from: David Randolph on July 25, 2005, 07:07:46 PM
2) Buy recommendation from Westminster (the company has banking ties and is the MM of AOB's stock).

I agree that this is a valid concern so it is so much more encouraging to see that Westminsters forecast was confirmed by the Q2 figures:



AOB is enroute to achieve a PE for 2005 of 12 and a PEG of 0.23. I think that is cheap so I am holding AOB for the long run. My target is 5.9 or a PEG of 0.5 Still very cheap but I guess that chinese stocks have to be traded at a discount. I am not sure if half price is reasonable but I bought cheap so why be greedy!

AOB is moving up today with solid volume:
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

shawFund

Yes I am still holding and target is >$4.00.

Be careful:

   They may push the stock up and later to ask additional fund for their operation.

Many China's stocks do the trick: report very good earnings, eveything looks perfect,  then ask additional money from the public. At certain point later, the stock crashed.

   I read their report, they mentioned that they are short of cash for their recent acquizition.
So they may ask to raise cash in the near future.


stockselector

I believe you are incorrect.  From my understanding, they have enough cash to acquire the company they announced without any dilution to shares.  I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. 

According to the 10Q:  The Company currently generates its cash flow through operations and the Company believes that its cash flow generated from operations will be sufficient to sustain operations for the next twelve months. ..as of June 30, 2005, the Company did not have any plan for additional capital through external funding and financing.

I'm long on this stock and believe we will see 3 by the end of this week of early next week.

Good luck to longs.

REALDEALS21

Just passed $3, looking very bullish !

rocket8

damn AOB !

it could double still.

the PE is too low.

i dont own it. argg.


Michael

Hi Daniel,

Hmm... that's a shame. We can hope for a small pull back (not to big thanks!!!). I would buy on weakness (as I have done before in this stock).

The Chart looks strong though:

Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

Michael

#103
From marketgainer.com:

QuoteMarketGainer.com strives to find dynamic issues that are unknown but because of their technology, approach, executive team, recent discoveries or other key factors, could advance in the market. MarketGainer.com has identified the following company based on these criteria. American Oriental Bioengineering (AMEX: AOB) develops and distributes plant based pharmaceutical and nutriceutical products using natural plants and organic soybeans as raw materials. The company has two product lines with over 100 products. The first category covers plant-based pharmaceuticals including Shuanghuanglian Lyophilize Powder Injectible and Cease-Enuresis Soft Gel. The second category covers nutriceuticals including a series of soy protein peptide products and health supplements which can be delivered by way of injections, tablets, capsules, powder, and oral liquids. American Oriental's is able to extract soybean peptide more efficiently than using the traditional techniques. The company produces Cease-Enuresis Soft Gel which is the only Chinese FDA-approved, prescription medicine to help alleviate bed-wetting and incontinence.

On August 15, 2005 American Oriental released exciting news and its share price has continued to increase as a result. Today, the company's share price has increased 5.19% and volume has surged above average to over 800,000. On August 15, 2005 the company had announced its financial results for the second quarter and six months of 2005. American Oriental did very well this quarter. The company stated that its second quarter 2005 revenue increased 98.2% to $11.9 million compared to $6.0 million in the same period of 2004. American Oriental Bioengineering generated Income from Operations of $4.4 million, a 140.9% increase from $1.9 million in the 2004 second quarter. The Company stated that it had net income of $3.4 million, or $0.08 per basic and diluted share, a 122.6% increase compared to $1.5 million, or $0.05 per basic and diluted share, for the comparable period in 2004. For the six months ended June 30, 2005, American Oriental Bioengineering Inc.'s revenue increased 81% to $21.6 million, compared to $11.9 million for the same six-month period in 2004. The Company reported Income from Operations of $7.5 million, a 117.8% increase from the $3.4 million reported for the same period in fiscal 2004. American Oriental Bioengineering's net income increased 100% to $5.5 million, or $0.14 per basic share ($0.13 per diluted share), compared to $2.8 million, or $0.08 per basic and diluted share for the first six months of fiscal 2004.

No news which readers of this thread were not already aware of but it is nice to see that the word is spreading!
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

David Randolph

Let me just give 5 applauds on Michael for AOB, great, great pick on fundamental analysis. I still don't know how I let this one escape  :-\

Well, it happens, continuation of a good trade for those still holding  :D