3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

AOB

Started by David Randolph, June 30, 2005, 07:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basanlas

Quote from: Michael on September 06, 2005, 12:54:24 PM
Quote from: stocky on September 04, 2005, 09:40:47 PM
Well seems like VPHM chart to me. I am regretting selling it so early. Goodluck to all those who are still holding.

Hi Stocky

Let me challenge you a bit  >:D

Try to look at the two charts below. To a certain extent they are identical except that AOB is lagging VPHM with a couple of months.

So if you could buy VPHM today at 7 would you hesitate a second?

Most likely not - but still you are just watching AOB going up every day.

It is always difficult to buy a stock after a 200% increase over a couple of months but I have done that with some of my biggest wins including VPHM. (and some of my largest losses have been shares that I bought after they had dropped 200% or more!!)



Luckyfish,

I'll just add what Michael said in a prevoius post on Sept 9th. It should ring volumes to the stock,its momentum and its potential from here. There is one thing I have learned since joining 3SOF, the trend is your friend!

Good luck.

basanlas

valueseeker

I think it's too conservative to have forward PE of only 16 for AOB, after it being listed as #1 on IBD's highest growth stock under $10. At PE of 20, with forward earning of $0.49, this is a ~$10 stock, and at PE of 30, this is a $15 stock.

stocky

And like old sinner I am back @ 4.44

It hurts b/c my first buy was at 1.78 and sell at 2.45.

But with AOB current strength, I hope it wont hurt any more.

:)

LuckyFish

I think that I'll jump back in on a dip. Hope that it's just a slight dip!
Thanks to all!
Brigitte

la-onda

what kind of dip?new 53 week high

chart update:

Michael

Hi Brigitte

A famous Danish philosopher once said that it is difficult to make predictions especially about the future – so have that in mind if the future proofs me wrong!  ;)

The AOB chart is extremely strong. The stock went up yesterday almost without any pause and finished the day close to the highest of the day.

Even a first year student can see the stock is undervalued based on the historical performance and the earnings estimates.

We are at a 52-week high so the resistance above is weak.

We got some excellent publicity yesterday.

If you combine all that I wouldn't expect to see any major reversal today. Many investors like you observed the stock going up yesterday and wished to buy in at a slight dip. Well they will be there again today.

I wouldn't mind a small drop as it would make the future up trend stronger but I don't think it is going to happen today. (but remember it is difficult to ...........)

Mike



Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

stocky

Michael, let me give you your well deserved 150th applaud.

And in passing, whats your target for AOB?


Pete

#142
I had sold AOB  yesterday at 5.62. Never knew I will get a chance to enter again at 5.08. Looks like it will move up tomorrow. Your thoughts Michael?
Let's go AOB.....
P

ScottishTrader

Hi all,

Have been following AOB from the sidelines the last few weeks, but on looking at the chart, I really wish I had been in with you :P

Amazing grrowth and by all accounts set to continue.

Looking at the linear chart we seem to have a clear asccending trendline running in line with the 9 EMA.  It has been consistently bouncing off one or the other of these.  Yesterday's low just skimmed the 9 EMA, which it could quite possibly bounce off, or otherwise it may retrace to touch the ascending trendline at around $4.50  (Sorry, don't have exact numbers, just eyeballing the chart) ;)

In any case, the volume is still huge and I don't see this train stopping.

Much respect to all who got in with David, and decided to hold, esp. to Michael for his solid fundamental reckoning of where this was/is going.  If we see a retracement below $5, I'm in.

the Scotsman

valueseeker

Thanks to Michael as well. He gave me the final push to take the dive at $2.38 and held since then.


-Louis

Pete

Quote from: Pete on September 14, 2005, 03:59:18 PM
I had sold AOB  yesterday at 5.62. Never knew I will get a chance to enter again at 5.08. Looks like it will move up tomorrow. Your thoughts Michael?
Let's go AOB.....
P


Well, got my last fill of AOB at 4.95. That's it for a while.
Any body knows why it is going down like this. Can't just be profit taking.
P

basonista

It could be continued profit taking but the chart points to a possible trend reversal.  If today's action continues and the stock closes down, we will have confirmation of yesterday's Bearish Engulfing Pattern.  AOB could just be coming back to the steeper ascending trendline but it is pretty steep so you have to figure it will be broken at some time.

Especially after this morning's rise, if the stock closes down it could indicate that the bear's are winning the battle and we would see further losses.  Bummer since I just bought into this one. :(

echo

But doesn't this chart tell us that its going to bounce off support and continue higher?
Aren't these just little bumps in the road that we've been seeing since the stock started its uptrend?

Any comments?
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

basonista

Ultra, charts don't tell us what a stock WILL do, they can only guide us as to potential courses of action.  Even a confirmation of the Bearish Engulfing Pattern doesn't mean that AOB will continue to go down.  It may hit that steep uptrend line and skyrocket for all we know!  Or it may not even get there before resuming it's uptrend!

The trend is still bullish and people agree that this is a stock that has a lot of potential.  I hope the trend continues but I wouldn't be surprised to see a little pullback as some point.

basonista

And don't forget that pullbacks in a bullish stock are healthy.  They are needed to help regain and continue upward momentum.