3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

IBAS - Sector: Technology --- Industry: Internet Software & Services

Started by setravis, June 30, 2005, 08:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

Quote from: setravis on July 01, 2005, 02:18:16 PM
You all tricked me!!
I have been out today,but my computer has been on.I came to it and seen all these replies on this IBAS post and I thought, "Man this stock must be hot today!!!"Then I see it has just been the forum for "How do you do charts to your post". LOL :D
This was not cool. I will pay back..... ;D


oh shit, thats funny man.  I would have thought that too.  I say blame Melf Elf, I was just tryin to help  :D

Melf Elf

#31
QuoteI don't know much about computers too (Ramsburg does, he's the master) but it's strange for you to know how to work with Metastock, such a complex software, and have problems with paint. I wonder if you use the explorers and system testers of Metastock, I find them most useful ...

Cheers  :)

David,

It took me some time to figure out how to use Metastock, and there still are many things that I don't know about it, like system testers and explorers.  I played around with those, but without much success.  No problem with the basic stuff, like the toolbar that has trendlines and arrows, etc.

Okay, I'm going to try to post a chart now.  When I tried to save it as .jpg, I got a message that it could cause loss of color information, so I said no.  I saw png as an option, so I'm going to try that one.  I'm using HGSI, just to try it.  Wish me luck!   ;D 

Edit:  Heck, it cut off about one month of candlesticks on the left side of the chart.  Oh, well, at least something showed up.

Edit of the Edit:  Oh, wait, there's a horizonal scroll bar down at the bottom, so you can see the left side of the chart, if you scroll.  That's kind of a bother,though, isn't it? 


Melf Elf

#32
Quote from: setravis on July 01, 2005, 02:18:16 PM
You all tricked me!!
I have been out today,but my computer has been on.I came to it and seen all these replies on this IBAS post and I thought, "Man this stock must be hot today!!!"Then I see it has just been the forum for "How do you do charts to your post". LOL  :D
This was not cool. I will pay back..... ;D


LOL!  That was very bad for me to take up your folder like that.  I give you applause to try to make up for your disappointment, and you can give me a smiley for a punishment.  Give eliteG a smiley, too.  He can afford it.  I gave him so much applause for helping me yesterday, I got a message that said something like, "You can't give him that much good karma.  Wait an hour."                             

Michael

#33
Quote from: ket1390 on July 01, 2005, 07:11:17 AM
Setravis how can i copy a chart from wwww.stockcharts.com into this fields here like you do?? Do i have to be member there? I

There is an easier way to do this:


  • Right click on the chart.
  • Choose save as
  • Remember the name of the file and the directory where you saved it

and then follow eliteG's instructions for posting the chart:

Quote from: elitG**to post image** - When you are writing a post in 3stocks there is a button underneath the text editor called Additional Options...you hit that and then hit browse to locate the chart saved on your computer.  If you want to attach more, hit the more attachments button.

Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

cumulina

Quote from: Michael on July 02, 2005, 05:22:07 AM
Quote from: ket1390 on July 01, 2005, 07:11:17 AM
Setravis how can i copy a chart from wwww.stockcharts.com into this fields here like you do?? Do i have to be member there? I

There is an easier way to do this:


  • Right click on the chart.
  • Choose save as
  • Remember the name of the file and the directory where you saved it

and then follow eliteG's instructions for posting the chart:

Quote from: elitG**to post image** - When you are writing a post in 3stocks there is a button underneath the text editor called Additional Options...you hit that and then hit browse to locate the chart saved on your computer.  If you want to attach more, hit the more attachments button.



a) At "save as" I write the name of the stock and the date saved, that way it's easier to find later.

b)  I keep a folder on my desktop for these files, easy to find when you want to attach.

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

fill_the_gap

SOFTBANK Selects iBasis to Support Fast Growing Yahoo! BB International Voice Service; iBasis Global VoIP Network Enables Calls from 4.5 Million Voice over Broadband Users in Japan to Fixed and Mobile Phones Worldwide
Business Wire - July 11, 2005 07:00

BURLINGTON, Mass., Jul 11, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- iBasis, Inc. (OTCBB: IBAS), a leader in international long distance, VoIP, and prepaid calling cards, today announced that SOFTBANK BB, the largest operating company in the SOFTBANK Group, has connected with iBasis to enable subscribers to its Yahoo! BB voice service to call fixed and mobile phones around the world at very competitive rates.

A pioneer in broadband provisioning and VoBB, SOFTBANK BB has been very successful in attracting voice over broadband subscribers. More than 4.5 million customers used its BB Phone voice service as of April 2005. SOFTBANK BB is leveraging iBasis' global VoIP network to expand its consumer service portfolio with very compelling international voice services that enable BB phone users to call PSTN and mobile phones directly at very competitive rates. Voice services like BB Phone have become an integral part of SOFTBANK's broadband offering to attract new customers, reduce customer churn, and increase average revenue per user (ARPU).

iBasis' patent-pending quality monitoring and management technologies enable SOFTBANK BB to complete international voice calls with quality comparable to that of traditional circuit-switched networks. The iBasis Network is optimized to enable providers of consumer VoIP services like Yahoo! BB to deliver high quality voice services. Using iBasis Assured Quality Routing(R) and PathEngine(TM) technology, voice traffic is monitored dynamically, and optimal routes are selected automatically according to real time performance data.

SOFTBANK BB also benefits from iBasis' PremiumCertified(TM) international routing product, which is specially designed for retail traffic and features more than 700 destinations that iBasis has certified as meeting high standards for quality and stability. The extensive global footprint, the high call quality, and sophisticated back-office systems of the iBasis network are a strong asset that enables SOFTBANK to focus on growing their BB Phone customer base and continuously innovating with creative pricing and promotional calling plans.

"We are very excited to be providing international calling services to SOFTBANK BB, a trailblazer in the communications industry and a leader in the fast-growing consumer VoIP market," said Ofer Gneezy, president and CEO of iBasis. "SOFTBANK and iBasis share the same vision in the new communications era, and a strong commitment to innovation and quality. We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship."

About SOFTBANK BB

SOFTBANK BB is the largest operating company in the SOFTBANK Group. The company provides broadband infrastructure and services centering on its Yahoo! BB brand, as well as technical development, marketing, sales and support. SOFTBANK BB offers IT-related distribution and services and supervises and administers affiliated broadband and e-commerce companies. For more information about SOFTBANK BB Corp. visit www.softbankbb.co.jp/.

About iBasis

Founded in 1996, iBasis (OTCBB: IBAS) is a leading wholesale carrier of international long distance telephone calls and a provider of retail prepaid calling services, including the Pingo(TM) web-based offering (www.pingo.com) and disposable calling cards, which are sold through major distributors and available at retail stores throughout the U.S. iBasis customers include many of the largest telecommunications carriers in the world, including AT&T, Cable & Wireless, China Mobile, China Unicom, MCI, Sprint, Skype, and Telefonica. iBasis carried approximately 5 billion minutes of international voice over IP (VoIP) traffic in 2004, and is one of the ten largest carriers of international voice traffic in the world(1). For four consecutive years service providers named iBasis the best international wholesale carrier in ATLANTIC-ACM's annual International Wholesale Carrier Report Card(2). iBasis was also ranked among the fastest-growing technology companies in New England in the 2002, 2003, and 2004 Technology Fast 50 programs sponsored by Deloitte & Touche. The Company can be reached at its worldwide headquarters in Burlington, Massachusetts, USA at 781-505-7500 or on the Internet at www.ibasis.com.

Assured Quality Routing and iBasis are registered marks, Pingo, PathEngine, PremiumCertified, and The iBasis Network are trademarks of iBasis, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Except for historical information, all of the expectations, projections and assumptions contained in the foregoing press release, including those relating to the company's current expectations regarding revenue growth, sources of revenue, margin improvement, profitability, future capital expenditures, and cash flows constitute forward-looking statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and involve risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, (i) the extent of adoption of the company's services and the timing and amount of revenue and margin generated by these services; (ii) fluctuations in the market for and pricing of these services; and (iii) the other considerations described as "Risk Factors" in the Company's most recent Forms 10-K and 10-Q, and the company's other SEC filings. We have no current intention to update any forward-looking statements.

(1)Telegeography 2005 data compared with iBasis 2004 traffic volume.

(2)ATLANTIC-ACM International Wholesale Carrier Report Card - 2002, 2003, 2004, & 2005.

SOURCE: iBasis, Inc.

iBasis, Inc.
Media:
Chris Ward, 781-505-7557
[email protected]
or
Investors:
Richard Tennant, 781-505-7409
[email protected]

Copyright Business Wire 2005
Just one opinion, do the research

setravis

Looking good... :o
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

Great day, price and volume action... ;D
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

Breakout from bullish price channel.
Wow! ;D
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

eliteG

IBAS looks great!  I swear i almost bought it yesterday.  Your on fire man!  >:D (applaud)

Ramsburg

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

setravis

Looking good, up 6.44% @ $3.47 with volume @ 1,324300 +
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

rocket8

all i ever seem to do is watch this stock without buying
and up up it goes......


tommyt

Today seems like a good a entry as any. Lower vol., announced yesterday of elimination of bond debt, earnings coming next Wed July 27. Plus, its in an amazing uptrend.

setravis

I have been out all day.
This little baby still looks strong. :P
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis