3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

EPIX

Started by eliteG, July 01, 2005, 12:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

Lookin good


David Randolph

To me too, excelent pick, as usual.

Your interview was amazing eliteG, I enjoyed it a lot (it was a pity they just published a tiny part of our responses).

I'm sure you have saved all your answers, could you please send them to me by e-mail? I'm very interested.

Good luck with this pick and good work for your book  ;)

eliteG

thx a lot David  ;D

I really haven't gotten a chance to go in-depth into the traders profiles.  I am curious as to what you thought was amazing? (I am trying to make sense of my translation)

I'll send you the responses.  Will be great to read yours too.  ;)

The book, yes this will go in.. lol  :)

David Randolph

Well, you couldn't understand mine and I can't translate it, it is so damn big. Anyway, they published only the «sensationalist» parts so I was a bit upset (nothing about my strategy). But my mom was very proud  :-*

Well, amazing perhaps is a strong word (I'm still getting used to adjectives), amazing is like fantastic, spectacular, right? Ok, your interview was amazing all right  ;)

There was a guy in the newspaper that only traded portuguese, spanish and french stocks (Euronext exchange) and he was very sad and quiting the business ... that man needs to know the US is the place to trade stocks. You can't imagine how a man must fight to get a dime out of those slow moving stocks in smaller european exchanges, only in a very strong bull market.

Looking forward to read your interview. Do you mind we publish it on 3SF? (no problem if you don't want to, there were very intimate questions on that interview)


eliteG

sent it to you  ;)  yea I guess it would be ok to publish it  :)

I worked on your translation now X-p and man..that is quite a story...wow!  I know it would make for a great read(the whole response)  ;)

I didn'y realize it was so difficult in the european markets.  I'm glad you are trading here  ;D

David Randolph

hehe, X-Peculator was a very known nickname in the late nineties and early 2000 in my home country. Stocks went up just because I said they would. Then the exchange canceled stocks because they were limit up (limit was 15% variation, can you imagine that?) and I was always afraid I would get a call from our SEC to stop recommending stocks  ;D (but they never called, thank God !)

How did you translate? With an automatic translator? That is no good thing, my wife is a translator but that doesn't seem to help with my english, does it?  ::)

When the bear market began there was nothing going up ... and after 2001, not up, and not down. Liquidity went away. I used to trade stock futures but the spreads got so widen that I had to give up ... that's when I went trading the DAX futures, and I still trade them today. It is a very, very hard game, volatility is much bigger than in the SPX or NDX futures, and the tick value is higher too.

oopps, I got go pick up my wife, I'll read your interview over the weekend, wish you good trades  :D


eliteG

Quotehehe, X-Peculator was a very known nickname in the late nineties and early 2000 in my home country. Stocks went up just because I said they would. Then the exchange canceled stocks because they were limit up (limit was 15% variation, can you imagine that?) and I was always afraid I would get a call from our SEC to stop recommending stocks  Grin (but they never called, thank God !)

man that is awesome!  You should be proud, I am proud  ;D  The 15% max variation is crazy...

QuoteHow did you translate? With an automatic translator? That is no good thing, my wife is a translator but that doesn't seem to help with my english, does it?  Roll Eyes

This is what I used: http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html
Your english is better than my dads he is from Romania but lived here now for 20 years, LOL.

lol..goodtrades

setravis

What interview is this Wizard??????
I would like for you to go to the IBAS post and take a look at my reply to today's action
in this thread.Tell me what is this interview thing I hear of?
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

eliteG

We got interviewed by one of the best financial newspapers in Portugal, Jornal de Negócios.  And now we are rock stars  8) Let me see if I cnan find it online. 

setravis

He is the Elite one....He is A Wizard....and now, He is a ROCK STAR! Wow....
Say David is going to publish the interview here on 3SOF? I would very much like to read this. Man.... I now get to post among celebrities.....wow.... ;)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

eliteG

man I gotta go, gotta find seats for a canoe.. I'll get back to you man.  ;)
As close to a rock star i get is I play guitar for 7 years now.

eliteG

hey setravis, maybe you know  :)

It seems I gotta make seats for this aluminum canoe.  All I have is these support struts that go across..what would you do?  Here I'll draw a pic  ;)

Ok my drawing skills aint the best

eliteG

update on EPIX:

this be the news: http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050701/epix_fda.html?.v=2
Food and Drug Administration Accepts Epix Pharmaceuticals' Response to Vasovist Questions

I guess it had been pressuring the stock.

Strong frikkin finish, eh?  ;)


agatto2

Hay   E G   I saw some strap on cousions ,,,, they had a belt , and two leg straps, I think they were in wal mart???(no wonder their stock is so high they have it all ) May b  you could use these things ???? portable and washable in case a mistake,,  .  ???

eliteG

Quote from: agatto2 on July 01, 2005, 04:11:33 PM
Hay   E G   I saw some strap on cousions ,,,, they had a belt , and two leg straps, I think they were in wal mart???(no wonder their stock is so high they have it all ) May b  you could use these things ???? portable and washable in case a mistake,,  .  ???

O man, u rock, I'm heading to wal-mart right now!  Thanks a ton(applaud)  Have a nice weekend man...oh and nice pick with CHID   ;D