3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GIGM - Sector: Technology---Industry: Multimedia & Graphics Software

Started by eliteG, June 03, 2005, 12:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchjas

Quote from: joet on September 17, 2007, 02:19:57 AM
Applaud Mitch  You nailed this one
I was watching thurs Am and as it plateaued off after hitting 16.30's i put a short order in at 16.25 but it never topped 16.23 again... bummer for me :( 
Any way what kind of settling are you looking for for an entry?  would the 13's again be too much to hope for?  Gigm does want to go up, will see if the Markets allow it to.  All of the Gaming stocks are cranking on last weeks Vegas Receipts!!  I shorted some WYNN  trying to catch a top...  will see
Cheers joe

Thanks Joet. 

I was actually hoping for it to test the previous 14 resistance area, now support.  That would have been a real nice re-entry area in my mind.  But hmmm, it has since blasted through to new 7 year highs!  Closing at 16.76 today.  Meanwhile I'm still on the sidelines.  I'm waiting for a real confirmation that it will stay above 16, maybe needs to test low 16's for a few more sessions.  I really do want back in, I'm just waiting for better direction.  But man, GIGM sure has looked strong through the 16's yesterday and today.   :o      ;)

Note the 50 SMA just crossed the 200 SMA and the RSI is back up over 80. 

Later!


David Randolph

GIGM experienced a bit of profit taking on low volume, after opening with a gap up at $17. Nothing to worry about, I'll continue holding GIGM.

Kublakhan

#1037
Some high profile GIGM bashing today by:

1. Cramer  ::)
QuoteGigaMedia (GIGM - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating): "As soon as I hear broadband, I'm just gonna keep sending you back to Cisco. ... I have to worry about this group, because I just think the guy that's in charge of this whole group is John Chambers."


2. Motley Fool http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/09/25/5-star-stocks-leaders-have-soured-on.aspx

la-onda

 ;)
GIGM: Short Interest DN 17.9% to 3.1M in Sep 2007
Tuesday , September 25, 2007 16:17ET

According to new short interest data from NASDAQ, short interest for GigaMedia Limited (NasdaqNM: GIGM) DECREASED 17.9% to 3,128,996 shares for the month ended mid-September, 2007.

SYMBOL      AUGUST       SEPTEMBER          CHANGE       %CHANGE       DAYS/COVER
--------   -------------   -------------   -------------  ------------  ----------
GIGM           3,811,595       3,128,996        -682,599       -17.91%           4

Based on GIGM's 20-day average daily share volume of 1,009,380, it would require approximately 4 day(s) of buying to cover this short interest.

David Randolph

Quote from: Kublakhan on September 25, 2007, 07:41:46 PM
Some high profile GIGM bashing today by:

1. Cramer  ::)
QuoteGigaMedia (GIGM - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating): "As soon as I hear broadband, I'm just gonna keep sending you back to Cisco. ... I have to worry about this group, because I just think the guy that's in charge of this whole group is John Chambers."


2. Motley Fool http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/09/25/5-star-stocks-leaders-have-soured-on.aspx

Thanks for the info Kublakhan :)

Obviously Cramer doesn't know a thing about GIGM and should keep his mouth shut until he does, since GIGM is getting out of the broadband business, which accounts for just 9.1% of its revenues.

As for the Motley Fool user comment, saying, "online gaming isn't new or unique", it's a silly argument in my opinion. Wal Mart didn't invent supermarkets (and it sure isn't the only one) and yet it grew to be a $175 B market cap company. Toyota didn't invent cars and has a lot of competition and yet it is a $208 B market cap company. I could be here all day writing examples of companies that didn't invent anything, have lots of competition, and yet grew more than 100 fold over the years.

GIGM can do the same. Thinking of GIGM's management skills, I would say the sky is the limit.

I'll keep holding GIGM for the long term.

berloga

When you watch Cramer's shows, you may notice his little face appearing as a logo. On that picturee he looks just like old Russian Bolshevik-Communist leader from 1917, Vladimir Lenin.

Lenin's agenda was to distroy the capitalist companies and nationalize the remains. Cramer's got a similar agenda, only pertaining to stocks of those companies. He has no clue, this clown.

David Randolph

Quote from: berloga on September 26, 2007, 09:29:31 AM
When you watch Cramer's shows, you may notice his little face appearing as a logo. On that picturee he looks just like old Russian Bolshevik-Communist leader from 1917, Vladimir Lenin.

Lenin's agenda was to distroy the capitalist companies and nationalize the remains. Cramer's got a similar agenda, only pertaining to stocks of those companies. He has no clue, this clown.

Lol berloga ;D

GIGM is always suffering from misleading information. Yesterday it was Cramer who opened his big mouth to say bad things about GIGM (false things).

Fortunately over the long term value always comes up and on that aspect I don't think we have to worry about GIGM. I'll keep holding the stock for the long term.

David Randolph

GIGM continues to consolidate the move it had from around $9 to $17. Longer term, according to my view of the fundamentals and the future potential, the stock can only keep trending up.

David Randolph

With GIGM doing so well over a seasonally weak period ...



... I wonder how well it will do in the seasonally stronger period ahead of us.

I'll find out as I'll hold the stock for the long term.

kslifka

I like this chart.  Break above $17 not far behind...I believe. ;D

David Randolph

GIGM closed back above the $16.42 technical reference, showing we've had just a minor correction to the bullish trend, not a false bullish breakout with other type of consequences.

I expect several good news between now and the end of the year and GIGM to close 2007 above $20 a share.

David Randolph

GIGM closed at a new 7 year high, with 1.1 million shares changing hands. No news out. I'll keep holding GIGM for the long term.

David Randolph

GIGM is booming, no news releases out, no questions asked.

The stock should go directly to $20 plus, just to punish the people who sold all the way down to $9, without a valid fundamental justification ???

I'll keep holding GIGM for the long term.

la-onda

#1048
last but not least:

GigaMedia "buy," target price raised
Thursday, October 04, 2007 10:16:12 AM ET
Roth Capital
NEW YORK, October 4 (newratings.com) - Analysts at Roth Capital reiterate their "buy" rating on GigaMedia Limited (ticker: GIGM).
The target price has been raised from $17 to $22.

&

GIGM: New 52-Wk High @ $18.290 up 1.72%
Friday , October 05, 2007 09:46ET

This is the 3rd 52 WEEK HIGH alert for GIGM in the past 7 calendar days.
The share price for GigaMedia Limited (NASDAQ NM: GIGM) reached a new 52-week high today, trading at $18.290, up $0.310 (1.72%) from its previous close of $17.980.
The Company's previous 52-week high of $18.250 was set yesterday on October 04, 2007.
One year ago, the Company's shares closed at $10.270. The price has climbed more than 78 percent since then. At the time of this alert, the stock had traded 17,900 shares via 21 trades, 98.32% below it's 20day average of 1,067,380 shares.

&

I have found MelfElf again, please check his blog and his comments on GIGM:

http://melfsworkshop.blogspot.com/

David Randolph

QuoteI have found MelfElf again, please check his blog and his comments on GIGM:

http://melfsworkshop.blogspot.com/

Hi la-onda, thanks for sharing Mel Elf's location. I'm glad you found him because he's such a nice man.

But in stock market strategic terms I see he's still in the "tic-tac technical analysis" mode, licking stocks instead of investing in them. Now he's short GIGM ::) ... probably for a few ticks, as usual.

GIGM's fundamentals are sound, the stock is trending higher and the best is yet to come. Even though there can be some short term weakness, I only consider long term trends, not short term fluctuations, which are highly unpredictable.

I'll keep holding GIGM for the long term.