3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GIGM - Sector: Technology---Industry: Multimedia & Graphics Software

Started by eliteG, June 03, 2005, 12:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

GIGM - GigaMedia Limited, a holding company, engages in the distribution of recorded music, as well as in the provision of broadband Internet access services and online entertainment services in Taiwan.

Rumor:  The story on this one is that the earnings release should have happened in mid-may.  No-report out yet and its the beginning of June.  Rumor is they are getting the books in order because of a buyout, spinoff, or some other deal...basically all good rumors.

Technicals:  All the moving averages bunched up with consolidation as the volume went way down.  Now you have all the moving averages turning with it to provide support...with a rise in volume.

Something to put on the watchlist...or perhaps take a position in.



 

stocky

The chart pattern shows vertical rises and forward steep slope spikes. Meaning any gains abrupt and after that they are not sustained. Sign of a 'one day wonder' perhaps. But could be ready for another flight. However, it now all depends on the direction of market.

eliteG

hmm just after i buy the stock they announce when there earnings will be...(9am Wed. June 8th
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050603/lnf023.html?.v=5

I will most likely be a holder over earnings:
http://www.chinastockblog.com/ticker_gigm/

eliteG

nice reaction to earnings...woohoo  8)

eliteG

sold mine @ 2... thinkin of buying back in...filled the gap after strong earnings?

lerainking

Bought 10k shares yesterday at 1.75 and sold it at 2.00 early this morning.  Bought again (5k shares for longer term) at 1.80 because I bellieve it could be a real turnaround considering management has done a terrific job in the past year.  I would like it even more if they dump some of their losing ventures and capitalize on the gaming segment.  Plus, looking forward to some acquisition news in the future.  Looking to add 5k shares when the opportunity present itself.  Good luck.

eliteG

coo, i'm back right where you are  8)

but I will not allow anything less than 9ema  :o

good luck to u 2, thx

AA


Good support @ 1.61

Long @ 1.64 - 10k

Stop loss - 1.58 @ close



eliteG

it violated the 9ema for a short while but I am still in..stop @ 1.65

nice buy LuxAA  ;)

AA

1.75!!  Excellent recovery!!

Cool , very cool!  8)

setravis

Good pick.All indicators have turned north,volume is building.
Good earnings report a + for the stock.
support @ 1.74.....resistance @ 2.04
If it can break above the 2.00 area and hold it there may be
better things to come.
I have placed this on watch. ;D
Good luck with your trade.I applaud you.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=gigm
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

puenthouse

HEll, I went ahead and bought this possible for the long- who knows.  I like it. tje word on the street is too optimistic tlaking about it hitting 10.  I do not think that is the case, but in time I see a target price b/w 5-7
Learning from every trade.

David Randolph

This seems like an excellent pick Michael. It was on my 18 stocks short list, but I got a bit discouraged knowing it was a Taiwanese company. Now I find it is a global company.

I wish it goes a lot higher, nice research, thank you ! I may even consider buying it if I sell some stocks, unfortunately today I'll reach my limit of 15 different holdings.

setravis

It just may be in play today, it is up in pre-market...........

GigaMedia has rallied after posting first profitable year. "Good Earnings"
Nice Pick....I too will watch today with great interest. :o
Good luck with your trade.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

AA