3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GIGM - Sector: Technology---Industry: Multimedia & Graphics Software

Started by eliteG, June 03, 2005, 12:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Yes, Aussie, that would be great  :)

I believe GIGM will rise over the long term, in good or bad economic conditions. This is why I feel I can/should continue holding it for the long term, despite the short term volatility on the stock price.

davidzwq

GIGM had pulled back for two days, it has a support at $4 last trading day.

I am looking for a good entry point now. Any comment?  Thanks.

David Randolph

GIGM will soon stand at the new Long Term on Fire Portfolio (Ramsburg is already building it), but I'll continue holding it on the Stocks on Fire Portfolio until I think it is a short term sell.

At this particular moment I see no reason to sell after this «normal» pullback due to quite «normal» profit taking.

(thanks for posting those highlights la-onda  :))

I'll continue holding GIGM for the long term.

voova99

I don't know what price of GIGM will be tomorrow, but after you read the following
it will give you a hint  :o


Best,
Vova


latetrader

Hello Forum..I am a new memeber to the 3SOF community and eager to be involved.  Not a extensive investing  background and am learning, so no gospel from me and actually  like expert TA folks  to confrim  comments I make.

I'm looking for a buy point into GIGM  for  swing and  long term, and if there is a  signifiacnt decline ( 20% or more  in the near future) , I would wait for that correction to occur.

The TA for GIGM at the present coudl be indiating a correction of the magnitute is possible.

Weekly chart: RSI is overbought (>70), however the MACD is still headed up.
Daily chart: RSI headed down and at 70.  MACD peaked Midweek  is down Friday with a good drop.  Slow Stochastics has turned  down for a number of days, at 80 now and signlal line crossed. 

So, i think that it is likely that a decline to the 10 ema at 3.72 will occur and then to the 20 ema at 3.37 if to 10 ema does not hold.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=GIGM,uu[w,a]daclyyay[dc][pc10!c20][vc60][iUah12,26,9!Lh14,3]&pref=G

What do you all think?




voova99

latetrader

What do you prefer to buy? good stock on higher price or bad stock on low price?
Good stock isn't dropping, just has a little pullback. I don't think it will be lower than 3.7 .

Best,
Vova

latetrader

Quote from: voova99 on January 16, 2006, 10:41:03 AM
latetrader

What do you prefer to buy? good stock on higher price or bad stock on low price?
Good stock isn't dropping, just has a little pullback. I don't think it will be lower than 3.7 .

Best,
Vova


Vova...a good stock at great price would be ideal.  :D  More shares can be bought using the x% of the portfolio approach.  So, anyway..it also looks like your think a pullback to the 10 ema is reasonanbly possible?  which represent about a furthur 8% from where it is today.  I'll watch this closely and see where the stock boucnes off support at..then  jump in. ;D

thank you
Bud

David Randolph

#203
QuoteVova...a good stock at great price would be ideal.  Cheesy  More shares can be bought using the x% of the portfolio approach.  So, anyway..it also looks like your think a pullback to the 10 ema is reasonably possible?  which represent about a further 8% from where it is today.  I'll watch this closely and see where the stock bounce off support at..then  jump in. Grin

thank you
Bud

Hello Bud, you're welcome  :)

I hope you thought today's open was an attractive point to buy GIGM  ;) I wouldn't look so much at momentum indicators, since a truly bullish stock can be overbought for a very long time and continue rising (the inverse is also true, a stock can go down, and down, and down to zero, despite its oversold condition).

One should buy oversold in rising trends and sell overbought in declining trends. The trend is the most important and first issue to consider. Only after, one may look at oversold/overbought indicators, like the RSI, Stochastic, etc.

Tomorrow around the open I'll buy $10,000 of GIGM for the Long Term on Fire Portfolio, as we've discussed before. I will also continue holding the stock on the Stocks on Fire Portfolio.

David Randolph

#204
Hello !

Everybody knows that I love GIGM's fundamentals and prospects. I bought the stock for the Stocks on Fire Portfolio on December 6, 2005, at price $2.72. The stock closed yesterday at $4.45.

After some more analysis I concluded that I want to hold this stock for the long term, say, more than 2 years, if everything goes as planned with its business. I will update this thread with a periodicity of 10 trading days, or when there are significant news or quarterly earnings releases.

I'll buy 10% of the Long Term on Fire Portfolio capital on GIGM around today's open to hold for the long term.

I'll continue holding the stock, from a trading perspective, on the Stocks on Fire Portfolio, for as long as the short/medium term trend remains bullish. Probably, eventually, I will sell the stock on the Stocks on Fire Portfolio in the future but I'll continue holding on the Long Term Portfolio. I wonder which portfolio will do better over the long term  ::)


metro

I did not see it go to 4.15.. it was sitting at 4.24 so seemed worth a try but was not expecting such a nice move on slow market day. Super. IVAN also had a nice move today from pre market low and ALTI also and IPIX real nice... just a lot of small caps doing great. I thik TBUS may move like IPIX soon.

The Russell 2000 ended in the green even though some large caps dropped.

shawFund

After GIGM Nov 17 quarter earning release, the stock has gained >100% ($2.25 -> $4.60).

In most cases, the stock will have a correction once it gained 100% straight up..

It had 5 up-waves during the process. For long term investors, 10-20 correction is nothing.

But it may provide a buying opportunity for later comers.



David Randolph

Quote from: shawFund on January 19, 2006, 03:24:01 PM
After GIGM Nov 17 quarter earning release, the stock has gained >100% ($2.25 -> $4.60).

In most cases, the stock will have a correction once it gained 100% straight up..

It had 5 up-waves during the process. For long term investors, 10-20 correction is nothing.

But it may provide a buying opportunity for later comers.

Hello shawFund  :)

Yes, GIGM may have some correction after such a great run, but the stock rose 2.83% on Friday when the general market nearly collapsed. I call this relative strength. There were no news and there's no motive to take profits on GIGM, even on a trading perspective.

I'll continue holding GIGM.

David Randolph

I was looking for GIGM's Fun Town website but I think I couldn't find it, this one seems to belong to somebody else: www.fun-town.com

Probably GIGM's Fun Town is in Chinese language.

From a trading perspective GIGM is holding very well and probably will make another bullish move soon that will make me

I'll continue holding GIGM on the Stocks on Fire Portfolio.

usedcasting

David you must be  ;D. I couldn't copy your dancing happy face over. Good call this morning!!!!

Up 13%

uc.
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em