3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GIGM - Sector: Technology---Industry: Multimedia & Graphics Software

Started by eliteG, June 03, 2005, 12:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terliso

Quote from: Terlisa on February 02, 2006, 01:22:06 AM
Time to go Short for GIGM for quick profit, say 10-15% ;) :D ;D

Shorted GIGM @ 4.79.... go down, down GIGM ;)


AussieTrader

Watching support levels...
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

fous

Hey Aussie,

I looked into the ascending channel support  like my DIET analysis. It looks alright on GIGM if you have it in log scale like yours above, yet i don't take much pride in log scale as it skews reality. If you look at it in linear scale the ascending support line stands quite a ways farther down around 3.75. Some nice looking support i do see here is the 20 day EMA as it hasn't close below it since this rally began in Nov 05 and has made several touches for verification. Support is also holding up around 4.50. I may look to enter this sometime this week as well.

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

AussieTrader

 ;D Thanks Fous you have reminded me to check the log / linear differences, it is something I have neglected to do for a while, but now I will re-look at my usage as it can have dramatic impact on some charts. I also have the 20ema as a guide(in all my daily charts) so although we are coming from slightly different angles we are using the same principles.

Cheers
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

berloga

Ausie and fousc, nice analysis, guys!

I'd like to add though that sometimes perhaps due to fundamental reasons stocks can follow the exp(t) dependence where log-scale applies. I believe they cannot sustain such growth for a very long time. I do agree linear scale is more realistic in a long run, but I doubt GIGM will re-trace to the linear support level, instead it'll build a new base for the upside, given the fundamentals remain intact.

Cheers.

fous

Quote from: berloga on February 06, 2006, 09:31:29 AM
Ausie and fousc, nice analysis, guys!

I'd like to add though that sometimes perhaps due to fundamental reasons stocks can follow the exp(t) dependence where log-scale applies. I believe they cannot sustain such growth for a very long time. I do agree linear scale is more realistic in a long run, but I doubt GIGM will re-trace to the linear support level, instead it'll build a new base for the upside, given the fundamentals remain intact.

Cheers.

I don't think it will retrace to the linear top channel either Berloga. Hence, why i just joined the party this morning at 4.76 >:D

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

ScottishTrader

Glad to hear it Fous - After wtching this one for so long, I was in on Fri at 4.75.  Let's see the 5's again ;D

garym


Getting nervous on this one.  I bought too high in the 4.90s--my own fault of course.

Where does this head when 4.5 breaks?

Terliso

#234
Quote from: Terlisa on February 02, 2006, 02:19:32 PM
Quote from: Terlisa on February 02, 2006, 01:22:06 AM
Time to go Short for GIGM for quick profit, say 10-15% ;) :D ;D

Shorted GIGM @ 4.79.... go down, down GIGM ;)

Ohh yeah... i will get that 10 percent no matter what ;)
If not... I'll set a Buy to Cover where i shorted it to break it even ;)

No Smiting please, I'm just here for the money ;D

Michael

Quote from: Terlisa on February 06, 2006, 02:10:46 PM
No Smiting please, I'm just here for money ;D

No smiting for sure. We are all here to earn a buck or two. I also had the feeling that GIGM was overvalued but I have to say that David made a very strong case for the longs here and Voova's article was also very interesting. Go into any Cansino in the world and you will see Chinese. If you can transform their favorite game into a money making machine you might have a veeeery strong business case.

I am still watching GIGM from a distance but I might be wrong and David might be right. In which case I guess that I have to thank you for keeping the price down  ;)

Mike
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

422fwhp

I added at $4.47

...fighting agaist Terlisa's 10%   >:D

Happy trading...Jody

gri64

So am I - added at $4.45

Happy trading...to long  ;)

valueseeker

I bought GIGM under $2.5 before David did, so I am up a lot but has no plan to sell as it's very much undervalued here and has huge potential for growth.

Using the latest Q's EPS=$0.031 we get $0.145 for the year. Add $0.1 for the new acquisition we have ~$0.25 EPS. With PE=25 we have $6.25, which is 40% over today's closing PPS.

With GIGM's exponetial growth, it will have much more than $0.25 EPS and probably demands PE = 30+.

It also reported earnings mid-November, so it's due for another earning pretty soon. Also remember winter season is typically one of the best for on-line gambling, and the current Q should be very good for Majong with Chinese new year. :-)


David Randolph

Thanks for your analysis, both technical and fundamental, on GIGM  :) It's been a long time since the company released its last press release. No problem with that.

Fundamentally valueseeker made some simple math to show that, even on trailing results, GIGM is undervalued (Michael is just bored he let this one go - he can't catch them all  ;D).

Technically the stock is trading around support at $4.50. The trend is bullish in all time frames, although the last couple of weeks brought in some profit taking.

As you can see on the chart below, just 1 day can kill all bear activities of the last 8 trading sessions.

I'll continue holding GIGM, both on a short and long term perspective.