3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GIGM - Sector: Technology---Industry: Multimedia & Graphics Software

Started by eliteG, June 03, 2005, 12:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Just want to applaud Michael, not only a great pick, but a sound justification too.

How do you find stocks with attractive fundamentals? Any screener?

Thanks !

Michael

#46
Hi David,

Thanks for the kind words, I was actually afraid I had p..... you off as our strategies sometimes collide.

You might be surprised but i actually use charts to short-list stocks (that is why I love posters like yourself, eliteG and Stockpicker - you guys do the hard work!).

As I know my own limitations in the art of reading charts I also use:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.scan

or

http://www.americanbulls.com/StockList.asp?MarketTicker=NASD&Tick=G

As an economist I love to read the quarter and annual reports for stocks that are short-listed for technical reasons and that is how I make my picks (some more successful than others ???). I am not religious about charts and are not afraid of holding a stock even if the technical signals turn bearish as long as the fundamentals doesn't change.

If you go down to GIGM on the americanbulls link you will see that it is a "buy if". If it hold the increase today it will be a confirmed buy on Monday and those how buy today will be one day ahead of the TA's.

On another note it seems I was to aggressive with my limited order on AOBO.OB. Thinking about raising my limit but as Fred say: Plan the trade and trade the plan.

Mike
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

David Randolph

It looks like our strategies are pretty similar, I also screen the charts and after I look inside the fundamentals.

But I've researched much more on TA than FA because I've been trading just stock index futures for some years. I'm glad I can learn more about fundamental analysis with 3SF members.

I'm also an economist  ;)

rocket8


eulogia

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your stock picking.
What is your target for this GIGM?
Will there be any upcoming event for this company?


Michael

I expect that we will see a run up to the release of Q1 which I (and the management) is very confident will be positive. I really haven't put much thoughts into what the target would be for this run up as I am not planning to sell but probably 2.75-2.85. My target after Q1 would be around 3.6-3.75 but this obviously have to be updated when the figures are out!

Nice action the last couple of days:

Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

rocket8


basanlas


rocket8


Michael

I think we have yet another break out under good volume. The resistance arond 2.5 was swept away today.

I expected a run up to Q1 but it came a bit earlier than anticipated (or maybe Q1 will come earlier!)

Anyhow this seems to be a good time to add to your position (that is at least what I am trying)

Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

Thunderbunny

Michael,

I wanted to thank-you for such a good pick (applaud)! :D I have been patiently waiting to buy in since I first saw your post, and finally took the opportunity yesterday.

Definitely some good movement today! Thanks again!

vipmoney


Michael, I applaud you !  ;)
Vip Money

starfire

Michael,
good analysis on GIGM.

"English is spoken by 322 million people all over the world and I guess it is understandable that American's believe that English is spoken by the whole world but that is fare from true!"

I can bet my bottom dollar that the actual number is much higher than 322 million. India is the largest English speaking democracy. I rest my case! Frankly speaking the dual language should be encouraged in all educational curriculums i.e English and Mother tongue. The more the languages one speaks the better. JMO

valueseeker

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post. I entered GIGM around the same time as you and had been increasing positions since. I hold VPHM and looks like you do too. I also have BRVO and LSI from this board. These 4 stocks account for 62% of my total portfolios.

We seem to have similar trading plans. I see a good technical and filter it by doing a thorough DD on its fundamentals. Then I will enter a position if I am thorough convinced, which is the case for GIGM and VPHM (and BRVO and LSI of course).

I agree with your $10 analysis on GIGM and $20 (probably even more) on VPHM. I may sell some before this point, but I will try to hold a good portion till these points.


Melf Elf

Weekly chart: