3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

$1000 to $32000, with momentum strategy.

Started by stocky, July 22, 2005, 02:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puenthouse

went up 34% very nice, I wish you luck tomorrow and am watching, your 2 for 2 keep it up boy-o
Learning from every trade.

agatto2

Interesting tge is for a long time , price creeping up , no volume really. Im going to have to try to make a scan for this type of stock.   tonyg

stocky

thx puenthouse, need goodluck, infact its lot of pressure when you get into something like momo stocks. Lets see where it takes me.

aqatto, volume on TGE was whooping 1526% the average. The float is micro: 2.84 millions. This one can run up like you know whom... Anyway wont speculate on the upside b/c I will protect my profits more than squeezing every dime of profit from this one.

stocky

#18
well I have been away from desk in the morning and missed selling the initial run. I am expecting another run toward the end of day.

One lesson though learned is that for holding this type of momo strategy, you have to be at the seat all the time. Will sell if it goes below 9 :(

stocky

#19
out 127 TGE @ 9.15

Second Trade: TGE

In with: 1040
Out with: 1155
duration: 2 days
credits: euloqia

both transactions include scottrade commissions. TGE can go higher from here but I am out ;)

Hope to make next trade tomorrow

stocky


stocky


stocky

Out 135 RNAI @ 4.5   :(

In with 664
out with 600

Got burned. :)

Anyway, will see where to put this money.



stocky

I am tempering with my momo strategy after RNAI reality check.

Buying stocks that are in my opinion about to get into the momo stage [though risk is that it will tie up the capital for more than three days] rather then the ones that are already in.

For same reason I bought AMEP [before RNAI experience :) ]. May put the RNAI salvage money in AMEP too. Just bullish on OIL.

stocky

Added 31000 AMEP @ 0.019

to the earlier 25k

stocky

#25
Out 56k AMEP @ .0205

Fourth Trade = AMEP

In with:  1040
Out with:  1135
Credits:  David Randolph [3SF pick]

[got out early b/c wont be on the trading desk for today and may be tomorrow]

Also note that I got out with little profit b/c

1. Needed little confidence after last trade loss
2. If I can't properly handle a trade I'll be out no matter what

stocky

In 7k shares of FCCN @ .069 = 492
In 8k shares of AMRE @ .059 = 481
Cash in hand = 162


stocky

Added 2.2k shares FCCN @ .07 = 162

Total 9.2k shares FCCN @ .0692

Just wanted to be fully invested  ;)

stocky

Giving up.

Sold FCCN [email protected]

Sold AMRE @ .048

Too much losses and loss of confidence.

I think some better hands like elite may play better. Out for good. Can't be at the desk and can't trade for a while. Take care all.

eliteG

hey stocky, I'm sorry it didn't work out.  :-\

I noticed that your strategy changed after TGE.  Your were buying momo stocks moving right then and then changed to stocks that had had momo but weren't moving yet.  I thought this observation might help you if you decide to try again.  ;)

I am really just testing out research over there...

Have a nice weekend stocky and hope to see you again soon.  ;D