3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

QTWW

Started by therman, July 27, 2005, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therman

QTWW breakout has started.

Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and supply of packaged fuel systems. The company's products include cylindrical and conformable tanks for hydrogen or natural gas storage; in-tank and external regulators, injectors, and valves for fuel delivery; electronic control products that range from to precisely control the flow and pressure of gaseous fuels, such as natural gas, hydrogen, and air. It offers services, including systems integration, testing and validation, certification and compliance, system level assembly, and service and warranty. The company offers its products to original equipment manufactures for use in alternative fuel vehicles and fuel cell applications. Quantum was incorporated in 2000 and is headquartered in Irvine, California.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=QTWW&d=t

therman


keepsavi

This stock should breakout, the ? is how soon.  With a strategic alliance with GM and to a lesser extent Toyota and now Honda plus a history of providing U.S govnt contracts, There should be news within a few weeks or possibly months.  With the aquisition and merger with Starcraft, Quantum can generate revenue while continuing their research into hydrogen.  This ads up to cash preservation while waiting for the big news. 

saffeysite1

Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and supply of packaged fuel systems. The company's products include cylindrical and conformable tanks for hydrogen or natural gas storage; in-tank and external regulators, injectors, and valves for fuel delivery; electronic control products that range from to precisely control the flow and pressure of gaseous fuels, such as natural gas, hydrogen, and air. It offers services, including systems integration, testing and validation, certification and compliance, system level assembly, and service and warranty.

Crossed the 50 ema.  Strong move today.  Keep on close watch.

setravis

May be ready to do a little something.
Support @ $2.62...2.33
Resistance @ $2.96...3.16...3.33

Recent CandleStick Analysis
Very Bullish
Dec-28-2005 Bullish Harami 

Technicals
Stochastic is Bullish
Close Above the 13-day EMA
Percentage Gainer

Last Price Quote is:
4.44%above 13-day EMA
-4.67%below 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 5 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $137.49 
P/E Ratio: NA 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: 03/08/2006
Last Analyst Rating: Neutral
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

calven

StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

calven

StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

ScottishTrader

Cheers for the heads up on the WW Cal, I really liked the pattern.  Bought in Yesterday afternoon (too late of course, just below 4.80), as it looked ready to pop once again, and boy did it ever.  currently sitting at 5.20 PM.  Looking to ride this to the WW target around 6.20-6.40.  Will see what comes of it.  For now, looking strong.

Superb breakout on both short and long term charts :o

ScottishTrader

QTWW has big news today:

Just received a contract from the Army
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060215/law067.html?.v=41

Already up to 4.65 PM, I think this could be a ripper, and I sold out last week for a loss damn iit! :-[

Small chart consolidation looks good too.  Look for break above 4.88-4.90.
Maybe the WW target can be made yet.  May look to get my position back this AM....

ScottishTrader

Well QTWW didn't quite get the pop I thought it would, but has been trending steadily up over the last several days.  I thought it was ready to break out on Wednesday as it pushed above 4.70 and toyed with us at 4.75, but nay.  However, the chart is looking quite interesting.  The longer term ascending support which has supported this entire move has come into play, volume has been down, and all that is required is a break of 4.75 to kickstart this one again.  MACD looks ready to kick positive too.  But I really don't want to see it pull back below that ascending support line. :P

We still have a WW target in the $6 range to get to now, don't we???

calven

Yes, the target is still the 1-4 line. Keep in mind that just because it is the target, that doesnt mean it will necessarily get there...it simply means if it does get that high the 1-4 line will be resistance. The WW pattern strongly suggests the 1-4 line will be met but does not "guarentee" it will reach that level.

Regardless, im still holding....

cal  >:D
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

ScottishTrader

i think the linear chart fits better, and i hope to see a move this week on some volume - has been very low lately. ???

mcolin

I'm new to chart patterns, so I was hoping one of you more experienced types could help me out.  When I look at the QTWW chart since 10/05, I THINK I see both a double-bottom (which appeared to lead a breakout) and a cup-and-handle (with the handle still forming about now). Is this accurate?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

mcolin

Greetings, all. I'm new to chart patterns, so I was hoping one of you more experienced types could help me out.  When I look at the QTWW chart since 10/05, I THINK I see both a double-bottom (which appeared to lead a breakout) inside a cup-and-handle (with the handle still forming about now). Is this accurate, or even possible?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

(Also posted this in the QTWW thread....)


Liquid Stick

You should be buying that hand over fist.  Yes that is a double bottom.  Provided the volume is there.

LS
In the world, of gifts from god, I succumbed to mediocrite and settled for engineer.  When here is where I belong.

ScottishTrader

It's possible, but I would like to see more of a rounded bottom to the cup and more volume on the break of the handle to definitely call it a cup and handle.  The "W" bottom was definitely a reversal, but the question is how far this leg will go.

QTWW is definitely pushing on resistance around 4.75, and if it gets a bit of volume to break through, I think it could head for 5.50 as the next target.  This is of course IF it gets the volume.  For now, though I think the retracement should be done with.

Well lets hope so anyway.