3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SWHC

Started by ramlau, July 29, 2005, 08:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramlau

I keep C-SPAN 2 on all day on my computer at work. They were talking about gun liability since yesterday's morning. Now it's up 18%...

I'm so dumb.

Ram

ramlau


snowcat

It was mentioned here not long ago.  Also RGR is up for the same reason (Cramer pump)
I wish DHB would have done better.

For the ultimate in Weapons, check out Metal Storm (mtsx) - their guns have electronic propulsion and can fire 1million rounds/minute.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=MTSX&d=t

I guess you have to reload a lot - and 1 mil rnds take up a lot of pocket space.

This gun plays a prominent role in the book "Scarecrow" by Matthew Reilly, a great adventure book about marine commandos, bounty hunters and world domination.  I also liked "The Contest" and Ice Station by the same author.  Not Shakespeare, but lots of action.  Like SWB today.

pompano

#3
Is this a breakaway gap? Maybe,  I know if its not and it fills I will be all over it like white on rice.  I may take a position at the open. Beautiful looking chart.

pompano

The more I look into this the more I am impressed.  David, G, Setravis, Ramsburg what do yall think.  6 mill on Friday I know this had to show up on your filters.

Check out the jump in earnings estimates.  Are we staring at a star?

       

MarketWatch
Market Pulse: Smith & Wesson affirms 2005 estimates
Friday July 29, 8:22 am ET
By Mark Cotton


NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. , parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp, re-iterated its 2005 profit outlook on Friday. The Springfield, Mass maker of firearms said it stands by its June 29 forecast of net income for fiscal 2005 in the range of $5.1 to $5.9 million, or 14 to 17 cents a share compared with $1.4 million, or 4 cents a share reported a year earlier. However, Smith & Wesson said it still believes the adoption of a share-based payment rule, will likely result in a reduction in net income for 2005 of $400,000 to $600,000, or 1 cent to 2 cents per share for 2005. Sales for the year are expected to rise 5% to $124 million from a year ago, with firearm sales forecast to rise 11% over year-ago levels. The Thomson First Call average estimate is for full-year earnings of 15 cents a share. The company said it has asked the Securities and Exchange Commission if it can push back the timing of the publication of its 2005 results until it has fully evaluated the impact of the new share-based payment rule on its results. On Thursday, the stock ended up 6.5% to $4.76



pompano

Did some more digging and Cramer pumped the stock the day before the surge in volume.  Still the company had good fundamentals and with Congress passing the new bill to protect gun makers this could be the beginning of this company getting more notice.  I will watch it.

setravis

Wow...is all I can say!
We all missed this, didn't we ???
It is active in the pre-market too!!!
I guess the new bill passed, pulled the trigger! :D :D :D
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

I think it is time to pull the trigger on Smith & Wesson!!!!
Record gun sales in Louisiana
I'm in @ $4.95

Guns,Guns,Guns. Insider buying, I will join them here.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

#8
May be ready to play back to $6.00
MADC has bottomed and turned back up, RSI is moving through 45.
Stochastic turned up and coming out of oversold.

Recent CandleStick Analysis
Bullish
Dec-28-2005 Inverted Hammer 

Technicals
MACD is Bullish
Stochastic is Bullish
Percentage Gainer

Last Price Quote is:
-1.33%below 13-day EMA
-33.06%below 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 5 

Looking at the chart could be a
Falling Wedge (Reversal) Pattern

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $77.82 
P/E Ratio: 15.63 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: N/A
Last Analyst Rating: Mkt Outperform
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

Bang...bang.... :D

Volume: 960,200
Avg Vol (3m): 285,338

Technicals
Percentage Gainer

Last Price Quote is:
11.43%above 13-day EMA
19.89%above 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 96 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $77.82 
P/E Ratio: 15.63 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: N/A
Last Analyst Rating: Mkt Outperform
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

usedcasting

I also noticed yesterday some insider buying.

uc.
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

masternic35

I trust the insiders :)

I'm in ...

thx for brining it up as I would not have seen it otherwise ;)

saffeysite1

SWB has been working on a three year cup and handle.  This was one of the first stocks I ever owned.  Now it's time to buy it again.  It is on its second wave, for those that follow Elliot Waves.
Get your guns.  Since Winchester closed its doors this year, I guess for SWB there is not much competition left.


setravis

AP
Smith & Wesson Stock Climbs on Gun Order
Tuesday May 16, 12:41 pm ET 
Smith & Wesson Shares Rise As Analyst Says Pistol Order Is Larger Than Expected


NEW YORK (AP) -- Shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp., parent company of namesake gun maker Smith & Wesson Corp., rose Tuesday as an analyst said a recent gun order from the California Highway Patrol was bigger than he expected.


The company's shares gained 36 cents, or 5.6 percent, to $6.77 in midday trading on the American Stock Exchange.

On Monday, the company said it received an order from the California Highway Patrol for 9,700 Model 4006TSW pistols for an undisclosed amount.

Merriman, Curhan, Ford & Co. analyst Eric Wold said the order is "significantly larger" than he anticipated and maintained a "Buy" rating on the stock.

In March, Wold said he expected the California Highway Patrol to order 7,000 pistols.

Since the pistols will ship between June and December 2007, Wold said the company will benefit from the order in 2007 and 2008.

"Given the estimated dollar value this order could represent, we now have increased confidence in our fiscal 2007 estimates of $179.5 million in revenue and 30 cents in earnings per share," Wold said in a client note.


"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

This stock has come a long ways.
I like the gun stocks and currently this is the best!


Technicals
Percentage Gainer

Last Price Quote is:
3.00%above 13-day EMA
8.76%above 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 96 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $77.82 
P/E Ratio: 15.63 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: N/A
Last Analyst Rating: Mkt Outperfo
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis