3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

BCON - Sector: Utilities --- Industry: Electric Utilities

Started by jeff46902, June 05, 2005, 10:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terliso

Lets put this one here:

Quote from: Terlisa on November 14, 2005, 09:25:26 PM
CPST in action!!.... i guess BCON will follow  ;) i've been watching BCON for days & it just stays at support level & the uptrend still valid.. ;)

Terliso

BCON up 10% ...ready for another rebound ;)

bjc

I'm going to take a position in BCON in the morning.

sebfr

Great job Terlisa !! ;D

This is THE stock of the day..
Buy today at about 2.090
First target at 4.90
stop loss at 1.590
Ratio = 134/31.4 = 4.26...Good...

Technicals :
Triangle breakout on high volume
End of the firt correction of the trend ! Fiboncci ratio of 0.792 (great)
MACD > 0 and +DI crosses over -DI and ADX < 20 and ROC  > 0 -> go for a new uptrend !!!!


bjc


Richard

Got in @ 2.15 this morning...used a really tight stop though, either it's gonna work or it's not.

Nice one!

Terliso

Quote from: seb_spa on November 16, 2005, 03:47:42 AM
Great job Terlisa !! ;D

This is THE stock of the day..
Buy today at about 2.090
First target at 4.90
stop loss at 1.590
Ratio = 134/31.4 = 4.26...Good...

Technicals :
Triangle breakout on high volume
End of the firt correction of the trend ! Fiboncci ratio of 0.792 (great)
MACD > 0 and +DI crosses over -DI and ADX < 20 and ROC  > 0 -> go for a new uptrend !!!!



Thanks SEB SPA....  we got resistance coming @2.67

Richard

Quote from: seb_spa on November 16, 2005, 03:47:42 AM
This is THE stock of the day..

HEY NOW...my PNK is giving this thing a run to the closing bell here :)

Anyways, decent day all together...good stuff Terlisa, thanks ;)

lbotez

tomorrow, Thursday, Nov. 17th, is BCON's annual stockholders meeting.

stock may go up more tomorrow.  Momentum may push it up.

OneStockMind

Don't forget:

Ten institutional investors agreed to provide a total of $15 million to Beacon in exchange for approximately 9.9 million newly issued Beacon common shares. Beacon also agreed to issue warrants to these investors, covering up to 3 million shares exercisable at $2.21 per share. Merriman Curhan Ford & Co. acted as sole placement agent in this transaction.

setravis

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

Holding on...I'm not ready to sell just yet.Higher Lows, Higher Highs.
At support, the green line.
Support @ $1.92...1.73
Resistance @ $2.12...2.27...2.52
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

[D] Investor

From a request by waxweazle, here is my opinion on BCON.

BCON seems to be at the beginning of the reversal even though its first breakout of the downtrend on the 3-month chart failed. The fact that it broke out from its 2 month long downtrend is significant.

BCON seems to be finding support at the 200 DMA and the MACD is sloping up again, close to crossing over into the positive region, which are bullish indicators.

In order for BCON to be in a strong bull run, it must break through the $2.50 resistance on the next breakout with high volume. Currently volume is still low... compared to the volume throughout the downtrend.

So if you're a swing trader, right now wouldn't be a bad time to take on some long positions. But there are some risks if you would like to hold BCON long term... who knows when BCON will break through $2.5? Perhaps the 2nd breakout will fail again, leading to a zig-zag consolidation pattern. You'd have to be a bagholder then. So if you buy now, I would sell around $2.5 to pocket the gains... watch... then buy again after it breaks through $2.50, which is a clear sign for reversal and a bull run which has potential to run up to $4+.

And of course, if BCON ever falls below the 200 DMA, it's obviously bearish and NOT a stock on fire.

My [2] cents.

waxweazle

Thanx to you!!!

When i look to the chart.

My opinion is: Retest of the breaking Downtrend to confirm the breakout.

I´m right?
follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/VIPchartpicks

Melf Elf

I like BCON here for the following reasons:

1. November 15, it took out the down trendling channel on some volume.

2. On the breakout, it got to 2.35, printing a "higher high" above the last high in the channel, which was 2.20 on November 2.

3. There was some volume on the pullback from the 2.35 high, but volume now has dried up.

4. We had  doij stars on November 29 and November 30 near the 200DMA, and the 200DMA held.

5.  December 1, the high of the doji stars (1.84) was taken out to the upside.  The close was 1.84.

6.  MACD double-bottomed and made a positive divergence at the October 31 low of 1.70.
At yesterday's 1.7498 low, then rally to 1.86,  MACD turned up from a back-test of its signal line.

7. Yesterday's low of 1.7498 was almost an exact tag of the 200DMA.  It held, and the stock moved higher into the close.

8. Despite the big correction in the stock, the 50DMA still is above the 200DMA.

9. We have a possible month-long "W"-bottom in the making.  We need a print of 2.36.

10. Nice risk/reward on a trade here, even if BCON only gets back to the 50DMA, or back to the recent 2.35 high.  Stop: below 1.70.