3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

BCON - Sector: Utilities --- Industry: Electric Utilities

Started by jeff46902, June 05, 2005, 10:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottishTrader

I held off as I dcidn't want to chase the strong start, but it just hasn't seemed that strong to me today, on what should be a "rebound day" - low volume and currently sitting back at 1.81-1.82.  Sure thiss could be a fine entry but I guess I don't feel confident hanging onto it over christmas and New Year when I won't be able to check it that much.  Will probably pass this time, but thanks for your analysis Melf Elf

Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on December 23, 2005, 11:36:35 AM
I was tempted to buy yesterday's 1.80 close after the successful test and validation of the bottom of the Syjmmetrical Triangle on the print of 1.78, but the weakening technicals kept me out.  I'd rather "pay up" if BCON can show some muscle.

BCON has been hanging onto the bottom of the Symmetrical Triangle, which comes in today at 1.79, but it finally broke it at 12:18PM, printing 1.78 and then 1.77, which is a print below last week's low.

We'll see how it closes, but it seems to have succumbed to the weak technicals at the moment.




Lucas Scott

I sold today due to the break below the 200 dma and the bottom of the triangle. I used to have a saying: "You buy BCON, you Be CONned" :-\  She nailed me again, the ol dog!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Melf Elf

Quote from: Lucas Scott on December 28, 2005, 01:13:05 PM
I sold today due to the break below the 200 dma and the bottom of the triangle. I used to have a saying: "You buy BCON, you Be CONned" :-\  She nailed me again, the ol dog!

Luke Q.

lol.  This stock is downright evil.   >:D

Since it's been holding the bottom of the Symmetrical Triangle, I have been sorely tempted to buy it at 1.80 with a very tight stop of 1.77, below last week's low, only giving back my 1% gain if I got stopped out.

I decided to stick to my guns and not buy it, due to the technical weakness, regardless of how low risk the trade was.

If I had bought it this morning for 1.80, I would have been stopped out on the print of 1.77.  BCON now is up a penny, at 1.82.

EVIL...EVIL..EVIL...   >:D  >:D  >:D

patriotmp


  I can't believe this it printed 1.76 and that was my threshold after all this and no sooner than when i sold it is now 1.86.  what gave it the bump...i don't see any news on command center.  maybe this won't hold and drop again before the close.

Lucas Scott

This morning the chart was saying breakdown. Now it's saying bullish reversal. I'm back in baby!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Melf Elf

Quote from: patriotmp on December 28, 2005, 02:20:49 PM

  I can't believe this it printed 1.76 and that was my threshold after all this and no sooner than when i sold it is now 1.86.  what gave it the bump...i don't see any news on command center.  maybe this won't hold and drop again before the close.

patriotmp,

Oh-h-h, the torment!   >:D

Sorry that happened to you.  I would have had to stop it out at 1.77 had I been long, so I understand your frustration.  I didn't see any news to account for afternoon rally, either.

Quote from: Lucas Scott on December 28, 2005, 03:12:17 PM
This morning the chart was saying breakdown. Now it's saying bullish reversal. I'm back in baby!

Luke Q.,

That's probably going to turn out to be the right play.  Even if it doesn't, I applaud you for getting back in the saddle.  You had good reason to do it.   

The intraday dip below the trendline now looks like a Bear Trap, given the fact that BCON put in a Bullish Engulfing Pattern.  Volume wasn't great, but very decent in thin holiday trading.

I wanted to see a print of 1.87, for starters, and wanted to see the stock "show some muscle."  I have to say that comeback showed some muscle, and we got the print of 1.87.  The high on the day was 1.88.

Now I have to decide if the weak technicals are going to keep me from buying the stock back.  "When in doubt...stay out." 

On the other hand, "No guts...no glory."   >:D

Good luck with the trade!

Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on December 29, 2005, 03:17:24 AM
On the other hand, "No guts...no glory."   >:D

Bought BCON at 1.83.  Oh-h-h, the torment!  >:D

Melf Elf

BCON printed 1.89 at 9:52AM.  That's above yesterday's high.   ;)

setravis

Press Release Source: Beacon Power Corporation


Beacon Power Officers Adopt 10b5-1 Plan
Friday December 30, 4:05 pm ET


WILMINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 30, 2005--Beacon Power Corporation (NASDAQ: BCON - News) announced that F. William Capp, President and Chief Executive Officer, James M. Spiezio, Secretary and Chief Financial Officer, and Matthew Lazarewicz, Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, have each adopted a stock trading plan in accordance with Rule 10b5-1 under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as well as the company's policies with respect to sales of shares held by insiders.


Rule 10b5-1, which the SEC adopted in October 2000, permits officers and directors of public companies to adopt predetermined plans for purchasing and selling securities. One of the SEC's goals in creating 10b5-1 was to provide more information to shareholders and other market participants regarding insider transactions. The plans may be entered into only when the director or officer is not in possession of material, non-public information. Once established, the director or officer does not retain or exercise any discretion over sales of stock under the plan and the pre-planned trades can be executed at later dates as set forth in the plan, without regard to any subsequent material non-public information that the director or officer may receive.

About Beacon Power

Beacon Power Corporation designs sustainable energy storage and power conversion solutions that would provide reliable electric power for the utility, renewable energy, and distributed generation markets. Beacon's Smart Energy Matrix is a design concept for a megawatt-level, utility-grade flywheel-based energy storage solution that would provide sustainable power quality services for frequency regulation, and support the demand for reliable, distributed electrical power. Beacon is a publicly traded company with its research, development and manufacturing facility in the U.S. For more information, visit www.beaconpower.com.

Safe Harbor Statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:

Material contained in this press release may include statements that are not historical facts and are considered "forward-looking" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements reflect Beacon Power Corporation's current views about future events and financial performances. These forward-looking statements are identified by the use of terms and phrases such as "believe," "expect," "plan," "anticipate," and similar expressions identifying forward-looking statements. Investors should not rely on forward-looking statements because they are subject to a variety of risks, uncertainties, and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from Beacon Power Corporation's expectation. These factors include: a short operating history; a history of losses and anticipated continued losses from operations; a need to raise additional capital combined with a questionable ability to do so; conditions in target markets; no experience manufacturing any product on a commercial basis; limited commercial contracts for sales to date; the dependence of sales on the achievement of product development and commercialization milestones; the uncertainty of the political and economic climate of any foreign countries into which Beacon hopes to sell or in which it operates, including the uncertainty of enforcing contracts and the potential substantial fluctuation in currency exchange rates in those countries; significant technological challenges to successfully complete product development; dependence on third-party suppliers; intense competition from companies with greater financial resources; possible government regulation that would impede the ability to market products; possible product liability claims and the negative publicity which could result; any failure to protect intellectual property; the possible need in the future to hire and retain key executives, particularly in light of the substantial workforce reductions during 2001 and 2002; the recent volatility in the stock price of companies operating in the same sector. These factors are elaborated upon and other factors may be disclosed from time to time in Beacon Power Corporation's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Beacon Power Corporation expressly does not undertake any duty to update forward-looking statements.

Contact:
Beacon Power Corporation
James Spiezio, 978-694-9121
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Beacon Power Corporation
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

Confidence in good prospects for business growth.
Close to support, good risk/reward ratio, good outlook for long term business growth.
Technically looks good for a breakout to the upside. Has been baseing for 2 months now, old  MACD has been gradually rising, now sitting ideally at the zero line with the stochastic coming out of oversold, just crossed up above the zero line.
Either way, looks enticing enough for me.
Anyone have any good technical analysis, predictions, projections, etc. on BCON? Put your two cents worth in.
Symmetrical Triangle (continuation) Pattern, becoming very tight,maybe we will get the breakout to the upside.

Technicals
MACD is Neutral
Stochastic is Bullish
Last Price Quote is:
-3.00%below 13-day EMA
-10.51%below 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 3 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $108.54 
P/E Ratio: NA 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: N/A
Last Analyst Rating: Neutral

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on December 29, 2005, 09:43:49 AM
Bought BCON at 1.83. 

Sold BCON at 1.84.  Gain: ½%.

I don't like the return to the bottom of the Symmetrical Triangle after the upside reversal on December 28, nor do I like MACD ticking down again, below the signal line.  I'll pass on this one.

Melf Elf

This devil is holding onto the bottom of the Symmetrical Triangle.   >:D

Yesterday was a Bullish Inverted Hammer if it gets upside confirmation.  It will.  BCON is going to rally because it knows that I sold it.

Oh-h-h...the torment!  >:D

rickjust

hi,
this one's a teaser, ! here is a swing chart, still making lower tops and lower bottoms .
i have been watching and waiting.
lets see if it can turn around this week,
maxi

setravis

IMHO,I think there is a break to the upside coming.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis