3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SMTX

Started by jeff46902, August 16, 2005, 12:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3stocky

I saw this one at $1.7 recently. Lost track of it...darn it!!!

joet

Still holding my SMTX.
TERLISA do you have a target sell price?  QYU do you still think we will hit 2.50+ before earnings?  The are scheduled to report on March 8.  Back in Nov the bubble burst 3 days prior to the earnings announcement.
I am happy with my position hear, already 10%+, but am trying to make a sell strategy for these swing trades?  Last week i did well with NWD but still sold 2/3 of position below where it is now.  Trying to balance the greed and the reality :) Since that spike up to 2.25 on feb 8 i was bummed that i did not sell some, but this growth looks steady and stronger... what do you see in your ascending triangle?  Currently I have my first 1/3 sell order in at 2.30, 2/3 at 2.60 and will see if we hit those.  What are your thoughts, would you see those targets as greedy or conservative? 
This is a turn-around company with new MGT and some new orders comming in, yet it seems like the big investors are still tepid based on the big sell of in Nov??  Only 11M shares total, if the sellers slow down this could jump fast again... Hope to hear some others opinions before Tuesday...  cheers joe

davidzwq

From TA , SMTX  looks very good, I believe we can see $2.50 at the end of this month :D

qyu001

I am still holding my shares.

I added more @ 1.87 and 1.88.

I still belived we will see 2.5+ by the end of the month.

I will decide whether to sell it before the earning. I have a feeling

that this time it is going to be different.


joet

Yooo qyu001 WHat is in your gut thinking that SMTC corp can hold their share price this time around?

I agree that the company looks good, rebounding with strong new MGT, and orders comming in.  However it may still be to early  to hold 2.50...  I am going to swing this one, my goals are to sell in 3 lots, one at 2.30 as the RSI hits mid 70's then when the RSI gets to high 70's or low 80's if it does...  the final 3rd i will hold, unless we get above $3 with high RSI...  SMTX has a tendency to drop fast... Then hope to buy back under 2.10 at some point in 1st or 2nd qr.

Any folks out there with more TA experience have thoughts on this one??  Cheers joe

stock-kitty

W :o :o ps I see there are two forums on SMTX.  Since this one started earlier I will continue posting here then. As posted before I got a few on February 8th.  It seems like last week volume dried up and on Friday it made a nice move with some good volume.

SMTX is ready to pop IMO. GLTA



Cheers

wrangler

Needs more volume coming in and would like more positive history. Something to remember when chosing a stock to buy the more volume it has and I always compare daily average to present day but the more volume the easier it is to sell or buy. Have you ever wanted to sell just to watch it set there and nobody buy's it that's why not enough people were interested'
Chart looks good but you also need more volume and more history'
Goodluck trading :)
wrangler

stock-kitty

Superfantabulous earnings out!!!!

SMTC Corp reports Q4 EPS $0.06 ex-items vs -$0.14 ex-items in 4Q04; revs +21% to $58.1 mln

Low floater, should move easily.   Patience payed off  ;D


Cheers

stock-kitty

Definately a nice turnaround company with good potential.  Traded at 2.80 in AH


"We anticipate that 2006 will be a year of growth in both revenue and earnings," said CEO John Caldwell. "


Cheers

wrangler

Applaud stock-kitty
what a go and for hanging in there.
Goodluck trading :)
wrangler

joet

Hello all, While taking a breather from the GNBT frenzy could folks give me a TA opinion on SMTX? We formed a small pennant last week after the good earnings and it looks to me like we may see another leg up soon. (still a small gap that may need filling in the 2.30's) I am holding for now, curious if anyone sees reason to buy more at this level.  Small volume stock... SETRAVIS thoughts?
Cheers Joe

setravis

I believe SMTX is grossly undervalued and looks to be beginning a steady uptrend.
Low priced bargain stock may soar.....JMHO of course.  ;D
I'm thinking a higher new bottom of $2.75 after it breakouts to test $3.25.
Reported fourth-quarter net earnings of $1.42 million, or 10 cents a share.
Reported $7M in cash flow for the latest quarter with mkt. cap at $28M.
SMTX has only 14 Million shares outstanding,reduced debt from $30 million to $23 million.


Technicals
Last Price Quote is:
7.58%above 13-day EMA
24.93%above 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 97 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $27.92 
P/E Ratio: NA 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: N/A
Last Analyst Rating: LT Neutral
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

akam

should pop any day from now.pennant almost complete and earnings-day soon.buying today.

akam

up 10% for now.
If we could close over $3 today, next week would be really interesting.

Need more volume though.

akam

Broke resistance with improving volume.
SMTX had a gap up open after previous earnings.The same pattern is highly possible after this q.earnings.Jmo.