3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

HSOA.PK

Started by David Randolph, August 31, 2005, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voova99

David


As we have around 30% profit on HOM  ;D I want discuss some negative
issues  ??? :

1. Was it growing volume and share price due Katrina's speculations like
Florida's hurricane year ago?
2. Did HOM so high because of "aggressive acquisition program" in last two
years which brought big  revenues and not so big profits?
3. What about very high volume in last two days but without significant growing
share price ? ( according to William O'Neil it's unloading? )
May be in HOM's case it's wrong to use O'Neil formula.


Best,
Vova

David Randolph

Quotea few questions:
-what's the reason behind the recent acceleration in pps?
Is it because of the good earnings or because of Katrina or maybe a combination of both?

- Can HOM really 'benifit' from the tragedy in NO, i haven't seen 1 article that mentions HOM, only assumptions.

- what's a fair value for HOM at this moment?

Tia
Btw, i hope you are right David!  Smiley

HOM is rising because it's enjoying record revenues and profits and that trend is set to continue. Perhaps some people are buying because of Katrina, and that is justified since this company may benefit from additional demand when they start rebuilding and restoring.

But the revenues, earnings and share price trends were there before Katrina. The fair value for HOM is $3.98, yesterday's close. Ok, ok, I know what you mean, but since I'm not a fundamental analyst I can't provide you a straight answer on this ... and that would probably be counter productive, I would stay away from «fair value» considerations.

QuoteHello, I a noob, I found my way to this site via a link...and I see you guys are talking about one of my favorite things: HOM!!

While I am a noob here, I'm not new to trading. I bought this stock around 2.50, been adding as it goes up, and just added more today.

The quoted post is 100% correct. This isn't a hurricane play. Long before Katrina was swirling over open water, this company was hitting it's stride. They were making money before Katrina, and even without the potential business on the Gulf Coast, they have enough new business to keep them in the black, and in a big way.

It takes more then a few reconstruction contracts to make a good company. Counting on that to turn a loser into a winner is risky.

Certainly, this stock is 'on fire', but underneath all the flames and smoke is a solid company with a very bright future, even if they don't get one single cent of business from Katrina-related activities...

At any rate, looks like there's some like-minded folks around here, I think I stay awhile...

Cheers,
Richard

I'm glad you've found us Richard  :). I absolutely agree with you on HOM and hope you stay with 3 Stocks on Fire  :)

Quote1. Was it growing volume and share price due Katrina's speculations like
Florida's hurricane year ago?
2. Did HOM so high because of "aggressive acquisition program" in last two
years which brought big  revenues and not so big profits?
3. What about very high volume in last two days but without significant growing
share price ? ( according to William O'Neil it's unloading? )
May be in HOM's case it's wrong to use O'Neil formula.

All this can be negatives and I want to thank you for posting them. But I think you are thinking too much here.

What I see is an ascending trendline that rises $0.12 everyday. The plan is to hold the stock for as long as it closes above that trendline. This way, one lets the profits run and at the same time protects them. I believe the market always knows better, and if fundamentals are improving that will be seen on the stock price and if they turn for the worse the market will know that too and the ascending trendline will be broken on the downside.

So, for as long as the perceived fundamentals are improving the stock will continue to rise and I will continue to hold it. Whenever the perception of fundamentals change (it doesn't matter all that much for a position trader if the perception is right or not, you just can't argue with the market flow) the stock will fall below the ascending trendline and I'll sell.

It's that simple.

Here's the chart with my guideline, the TL2.

gri64

- 10%.... What happens?
Any bad news?

Se7en

only a lot of selling going on i guess, this sucks!  :(
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

AussieTrader

DAvid doesn't watch intrday too much so he won't have seen this ;) HOM pullback whilst always ugly to watch is not to be unexpected. I am hoping this will turn out to be a retest of support, volume is high and people are being shaken out. On a daily chart the 9ema is $3.47 HOM so far has touched just above it and found a bounce, lets see if todays action leaves a long lower shadow candle test of the 9ema and doesn't inflict any technical damage to the uptrend.

Current Intrday Chart:
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Amarens

Of course going up in a straight line is what we all want, but it hardly ever happens. Remember 3SOF did not buy HOM as a trade, but looked at the longer term picture. That remains great  8)

And personally I don't mind a little set back since I'm still looking to get back in, and today might be the day  ;D!

Longer term (and closing above the ascending trend line set by David) I see HOM go up.

Amarens

gri64

Thank you Amarens and AussieTrader,

Lets see onto the long term  :)

starfire

Quote from: David Randolph on September 09, 2005, 06:54:20 AM
Quotea few questions:
-what's the reason behind the recent acceleration in pps?
Is it because of the good earnings or because of Katrina or maybe a combination of both?

- Can HOM really 'benifit' from the tragedy in NO, i haven't seen 1 article that mentions HOM, only assumptions.

- what's a fair value for HOM at this moment?

Tia
Btw, i hope you are right David!  Smiley

HOM is rising because it's enjoying record revenues and profits and that trend is set to continue. Perhaps some people are buying because of Katrina, and that is justified since this company may benefit from additional demand when they start rebuilding and restoring.

But the revenues, earnings and share price trends were there before Katrina. The fair value for HOM is $3.98, yesterday's close. Ok, ok, I know what you mean, but since I'm not a fundamental analyst I can't provide you a straight answer on this ... and that would probably be counter productive, I would stay away from «fair value» considerations.

QuoteHello, I a noob, I found my way to this site via a link...and I see you guys are talking about one of my favorite things: HOM!!

While I am a noob here, I'm not new to trading. I bought this stock around 2.50, been adding as it goes up, and just added more today.

The quoted post is 100% correct. This isn't a hurricane play. Long before Katrina was swirling over open water, this company was hitting it's stride. They were making money before Katrina, and even without the potential business on the Gulf Coast, they have enough new business to keep them in the black, and in a big way.

It takes more then a few reconstruction contracts to make a good company. Counting on that to turn a loser into a winner is risky.

Certainly, this stock is 'on fire', but underneath all the flames and smoke is a solid company with a very bright future, even if they don't get one single cent of business from Katrina-related activities...

At any rate, looks like there's some like-minded folks around here, I think I stay awhile...

Cheers,
Richard

I'm glad you've found us Richard  :). I absolutely agree with you on HOM and hope you stay with 3 Stocks on Fire  :)

Quote1. Was it growing volume and share price due Katrina's speculations like
Florida's hurricane year ago?
2. Did HOM so high because of "aggressive acquisition program" in last two
years which brought big  revenues and not so big profits?
3. What about very high volume in last two days but without significant growing
share price ? ( according to William O'Neil it's unloading? )
May be in HOM's case it's wrong to use O'Neil formula.

All this can be negatives and I want to thank you for posting them. But I think you are thinking too much here.

What I see is an ascending trendline that rises $0.12 everyday. The plan is to hold the stock for as long as it closes above that trendline. This way, one lets the profits run and at the same time protects them. I believe the market always knows better, and if fundamentals are improving that will be seen on the stock price and if they turn for the worse the market will know that too and the ascending trendline will be broken on the downside.

So, for as long as the perceived fundamentals are improving the stock will continue to rise and I will continue to hold it. Whenever the perception of fundamentals change (it doesn't matter all that much for a position trader if the perception is right or not, you just can't argue with the market flow) the stock will fall below the ascending trendline and I'll sell.

It's that simple.

Here's the chart with my guideline, the TL2.

Hi David,
Sez you, that as long as PPS closes above the ascending trend line, you'll keep it. Q, if it closes a few(2 or 3) cents below the TL2, technically it is a sell but as the business fundamentals are strong, is it still a sell? For example, you called SMTX a sell, but from my observations, SMTX will end up in the green today! I guess the key question is, are there any exceptions and if yes how do you identify them?

fous

Finally the Pull back ive been waiting for, Im looking to get in possibly monday!

Good luck all ;D

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

Se7en

I wasn't waiting for this! :(
The 3,5 area seems to hold, hopefully there will be a turnaround next week.
Was there any technical damage today??
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

voova99


Se7en

Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

gharknes

sorry if I may seem a little dumb, but I don't understand the significance of you post, maybe for the untrained eye you could explain, today was quite a shock to me, I have never seen a stock run down so fast and run up and down again straight after, disney tried to perfect a ride like this and never got close, I understand it still hasn't broken through the ATL but came very very close, it seems to me that some shake out is going on here, hope it finnished at $3.50

Se7en

me neither, but hey, it's about HOM and it's 'new'!  ::)
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

tugsinav

Last week, they did the same thing but for last 30 mins before the close. I think they might just wanna hit all stop loss...IMO.