3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

HSOA.PK

Started by David Randolph, August 31, 2005, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etercnoc

Still looking great. Would love to see 5 hold , many are thinking big news on friday. Still holding my 40,000 shares. Its really rising in a controlled manner.Also did anyone see the news for NASI this afternoon. Looks like huge news and also looks like a low entry for this low float stock. GOOD NIGHT ALL.

Richard

David,

Certainly you have a valid point, but we came to our decisions in very different ways. I tend to weight my portfolio based on how much information I have.

If I were to do the standard DD and look at the TA, I would probably indeed just stick to my original 1,000 shares.

To be honest, I didn't look at the charts much when i bought at 2.58 and 2.90...that was before I found this great place and the great TA input here as well.

But I'm familiar with HOM. I know their products and services, I know their markets, and perhaps most importantly, I know a few people that work there. Not execs or anything, just some regular marketing guys...they love their jobs.

Good business model, good growth, good profits, happy investors, and happy employees...that is a strong model for success...and that is why HOM is overweight in my portfolio...

Down to the nitty gritty, we don't disagree about diversification, but 6.66% of my portfolio would be somewhere right between 'jack' and 'squat', so I have to use a different set of rules. I diversify based upon how much information I have, and the quality of that information.

I readily admit that I could be 100% wrong in this approach, so I always look for others feedback and insights.

...and if it turns out that i AM 100% wrong? Well, at least I'm lucky! :) :) :)

Cheers,
Richard

Dory99

Hi Dave,

  Thanks for the work on HOM and DESC.. I've done well on your suggestions ( still holding both ). I have owned VPHM since $5.64 and enjoyed your analysis. Please verify that you have received my $300 donation for 1 year. You're worth it.. keep up the good work!

Dory99

Se7en

#93
Looks like a Doji today and not a good one ...
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

coolwood

Do we think this is a time to add shares - Rita is going to crush another area ( :'( very sad about) but will be a great opp for this company.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance

Coolwood 8)

David Randolph

Quote from: Dory99 on September 21, 2005, 09:32:38 AM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the work on HOM and DESC.. I've done well on your suggestions ( still holding both ). I have owned VPHM since $5.64 and enjoyed your analysis. Please verify that you have received my $300 donation for 1 year. You're worth it.. keep up the good work!

Dory99

Thanks Dory99, since you're now an Honours Member, Ramsburg has processed your payment. Thanks a lot and let me work hard to help you grow your stock market performance  :)

Some director at HOM sold 100,000 shares over the last 3 trading days, which he had bought at $1.42. Not a sin and nothing to worry about, there are a lot of reasons for an insider to sell some shares, most of them are irrelevant to future performance of the stock price. I believe this is the case here with HOM.

Anyway I know what I have to do, and that is not to think too much and just stick to the plan. For tomorrow TL2 will be standing at $4.38 and I will hold the stock for as long as it closes above TL2. I won't try to sell at the top, not even sell to buy on reactions.

Hold for as long as the trend remains bullish is the name of the game with HOM. RULE 31 says: As Long as a Stock is Acting Right, Don't Rush to Take Profits, additionally RULE 46 says: The Smarter You Are, The Longer it Takes.

Amarens

Was watching it go up and up since I sold it on the 6th  :(

Gues I'm not very good at trading  :-[ But yesterday I did manage to get in at the low of $ 4,90 and I'm proud  :)

David, could you explain to me why in some cases you decide to bring in a second TL and how thatholds up for you to TL1?

Thanks in advance.

Amarens

David Randolph

QuoteDavid, could you explain to me why in some cases you decide to bring in a second TL and how thatholds up for you to TL1?

Well if the trend accelerates I need to draw a trendline with a steeper slope to serve as a guideline, since the first one was left "on the floor".

Good luck trading HOM Amarens  :)

David Randolph

September 22nd was indeed a bad day for the 3 SOF Portfolio. HOM, my best holding, dived 8.7%. Yet, the trend is still bullish, so I still hold the stock.

I'm bearish on the general market but been burned before because of changing specific stocks trading plans because of the general market bias. Anyway, TL2 is my safety net on HOM, it will be standing at $4.5 tomorrow, I hope TL2 supports price as it rises. The minute the trendline stops acting as support I will kiss HOM goodbye  :-*

valueseeker

Hi David,

11 of my 13 stocks are in red today. The general market is pretty bearish because of the uncertainy of Rita. The stocks that have risen a lot recently lost the most today. even though NASDAQ and Dow are actually.

I have 80% of my money in biotech, oil & gas, and disaster/home restoration (HOM, and XENC.OB, which is the one I sold today after 60% gain in two days). Hopefully, Rita will slow down and we will ride out of this down market next week. My other hope is the UBS global life conference on Monday will help SVA, RITA and VHPM tomorrow. We shall see.


-Valueseeker

la-onda

presentation today:
ome Solutions of America to Webcast Today's Presentation at Sanders Morris Harris Investor Growth Conference
Friday September 23, 8:00 am ET

DALLAS, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Home Solutions of America, Inc. (Amex: HOM - News), a niche provider of specialty residential services, announced today that the Company will webcast the presentation that Chief Financial Officer Rick O'Brien is scheduled to make at the Sanders Morris Harris Investor Growth Conference today at 11:30 am eastern time. The conference is being held at the Roosevelt Hotel, located at 45 E. 45th Street, in New York.

Interested parties may listen to the presentation live or via replay at http://www.wsw.com/webcast/smh/hom/

Home Solutions is a niche provider of specialty residential services including Restoration and Specialty Interior Services. The Company has operations in the California, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina markets through its four subsidiaries, Cornerstone Building and Remodeling, Southern Exposure, P.W. Stephens and Fiber Seal Systems. Cornerstone is a leading supplier and installer of granite materials for kitchens and baths to national home centers, as well as national builders and remodeling companies, in the southeastern United States. Southern Exposure and related companies is a provider of cabinet and countertop installation services in the Florida marketplace. P.W. Stephens provides mold and asbestos remediation services, and fire and water restoration services in California and Florida, and Fiber Seal Systems is a national franchise of cleaning and fabric protection businesses.

updated chart:

David Randolph

Quote from: valueseeker on September 23, 2005, 12:48:14 AM
Hi David,

11 of my 13 stocks are in red today. The general market is pretty bearish because of the uncertainty of Rita. The stocks that have risen a lot recently lost the most today. even though NASDAQ and Dow are actually.

I have 80% of my money in biotech, oil & gas, and disaster/home restoration (HOM, and XENC.OB, which is the one I sold today after 60% gain in two days). Hopefully, Rita will slow down and we will ride out of this down market next week. My other hope is the UBS global life conference on Monday will help SVA, RITA and VHPM tomorrow. We shall see.
-Valueseeker

Actually I'm quite bearish on oil and oil stocks going forward Valueseeker. Everybody expects some disruption in supply from RITA, yet the Oil price is down today. The talk is that demand for oil is slowing down fast - and that's bearish talk.

Technically the oil futures contract seems to be developing the second shoulder of an H&S pattern.

But your other holdings, out of oil, seem fine. Good luck Valueseeker  :)

snowcat

This stock has enormous potential!  And that is without any storm clean-up work.  Their conference today was apparently very impressive.  Lots of new kitchen cabinets are going to be needed down south!

Only a few more days to make your donation!

11:45  HOM Home Solutions: Notes from Sanders Morris Harris conference (4.80 -0.03)

On conference call at Sanders Morris Harris conference, co notes that it has established additional restoration operations near New Orleans in response to Hurricane Katrina. Co's focus is on Kitchen & Bath interior services. Co's Southern Exposure unit has exclusive supply relationship with Centex in new home kitchen cabinet and countertop fabrication and installation. Co's Conernstone unit provides granite fabrication and installation services to Home Depot (HD) and Lowes (LOW). Co notes that its Home Depot account grows from 20 stores in 2004 to 125 by yr-end 2005. Lowes rollout anticipated to grow from 0 stores to 200 in 18 months... In New Orleans, co expects to have a major roll in the initial restoration (which could last a very long time) and expects to be a part of the buildback as well.  Co says in its 2005 guidance, it has not included the impact from Katrina revs yet; believes significant oppty for co, not only for the qtr, but for 2006 and beyond.


Se7en

Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

echo

Excellent day for HOM.Good come back.


Nice white candle after a red candle yesterday shows strentgh imo.

And its not the first time it does that.Same thing happened a few days ago.I cant post the chart so maybe David can if he agrees with me.If he disagrees i would welcome the input to see where we stan.Thanks..

Sent my donation in :D
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........