3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

HSOA.PK

Started by David Randolph, August 31, 2005, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valueseeker

Thanks for your inputs Dave. I actually don't have any oil stock at this moment, I was in NLG (Michael's pick), RER.TO, and CHAR.OB and made good money on all of these in the summer. CHK and KCS are natural gas companies. They do track with oil a bit. The difference here is that in North America, we are getting close to the end of the driving season, and getting close to the heating season (most of the houses are natural gas powered for heating). NG stock usually go up from November and peak in March. NG price went from $5 to $13 while oil went from $45->$65. I am holding my two natural gas stocks till the deep winter here. :-)

------------------------------------------------
Actually I'm quite bearish on oil and oil stocks going forward Valueseeker. Everybody expects some disruption in supply from RITA, yet the Oil price is down today. The talk is that demand for oil is slowing down fast - and that's bearish talk.

Technically the oil futures contract seems to be developing the second shoulder of an H&S pattern.

But your other holdings, out of oil, seem fine. Good luck Valueseeker 

David Randolph

Thanks for your posts and donations, I'm leaving my other business almost completely (just hired two more employees to do some paper work that I used to do myself) to be fully dedicated to 3 Stocks on Fire, because I love this project, I love trading and I love to be a stock market analyst. So I want to thank you all for this opportunity  :)

With so much love in the air, what can I do to HOM but this  :-* :-* :-*

The stock went down close to support again, and again it bounced back with rage. HOM refuses to go down, bulls are just too eager to buy, since fundamentals are awesome ! You see, revenues and profits were up sharply (and the stock was moving higher with volume above average) even before Katrina or Rita were known to happen. They just added more fire to the stock.

I don't want to think too much about fundamentals because I have a very simple trading plan to follow. That plan is to hold for as long as the stock closes above the ascending trendline, which for tomorrow's session will be standing at $4.62 (rising fast, $0.12 per trading day).

I know someday HOM will make a big correction, so what I'm expecting is for it to run far away from the trendline and then dive to meet it somewhere in the future, just like VPHM did when it first hit $13 (then it came down to $9.70 to meet the trendline, before a new advance phase began).

Perhaps if this action happens I will take profits to buy back at a lower level, but only IF this situation happens, and that's not the case now.

The trading plan for tomorrow is to hold the stock, unless it closes below $4.62, but I don't think that will be the case.

Prfsr Hal

Hey David,

So may people on the yahoo HOM board are talking about ZENX.  They've almost become joined at the hip.  I wonder if you have any opinion on it.

valueseeker

I actually bought ZENX and sold it for 60% profit after 2 days. There are a few differences between HOM & ZENX:

- HOM was quite profitable & growing rapidly before Katrina
- ZENX has government contract after Katrina for $10M, then increased to $20M, and then $60M, which is a lot for a company with 80M shares and $1.08/shr
- HOM seems to be quite diversified in terms of its home services, while ZENX's main expertise is fixing the roofs
- ZENX's corporate governance is a bit worrying to me (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=ZENX.OB)
- THere will be continous demands for HOM's services, but I am not sure about ZENX.

I am a longer term holder for HOM and sold ZENX on the way up. I will continue to monitor ZENX and buy the dip if there is a big one. I'd be interested in hearing other people's comments as well.

-Valueseeker

LJT2

In the last 18 trading days, HOM was only down 3 of those days at the close, and in 2 of the 3 it closed higher the next day.

Those waiting for a pull back may be waiting a while. By the way in those 18 days the stock advanced from $2.74 to 5.24.

There are not too many stocks that are in this league.

coolwood

Hot off the press:
8)
     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
< Back to Market News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Quotes
Sym.   Price Chg.
HOM Trade
News 5.01 -0.23
Cornerstone Industries International Inc.: Increased Orders

September 26, 2005 13:26:01 (ET)


VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sep 26, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Cornerstone Industries International Inc. (the "Company") is pleased to announce that its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Cornerstone Granite and Marble Wholesale Inc. ("CGMW"), has increased its orders and backlog by more than 30% due to the strong demand for building materials resulting from the recent hurricanes Katrina and Rita, in Florida and New Orleans.

"Our exclusive supply agreement with Home Solutions of America Inc. (HOM, Trade) has given us an opportunity to be one of the first companies to supply building materials for the rebuilding and clean up efforts currently underway in New Orleans and Florida by Home Solutions of America," stated Anthony Leeber Jr., President. "With no end in sight of when the need for building materials for the hurricane damaged area will slow down, we are in the process of dramatically increasing our inventory to handle the increased demand."

Home Solutions of America currently has over 100 crews working in the rebuilding and clean up efforts and is in the process of sending as many crews as possible to the damaged areas as they become available. "We feel our company, Home Solutions of America, will have a substantially increased need for materials for the next 2-3 years due to the extensive damage from the recent hurricanes," stated Frank Fradella, Chairman and CEO. "Our exclusive supply agreement with CGMW gives us the ability to have access to large quantities of world class building materials immediately which gives us the ability to be one of the only companies in the forefront of the rebuilding effort."

"While the Company's facilities were not affected by the recent storms in the South Eastern United States, we are saddened by the devastation these hurricanes have caused in our home areas and the surrounding areas. The Company will continue to do everything in its ability to assist in a quick and complete rebuilding of our neighboring communities," stated Mr. Leeber Jr.

CGMW is a Florida corporation which imports and supplies, on a wholesale basis, raw granite and marble slabs, sinks, tiles, hardware and fabrication supplies. Cornerstone offers competitive pricing to U.S. based retailers on raw slabs and stone fabrication tools and supplies.

Home Solutions of America is a niche provider of specialty residential services including Restoration and Specialty Interior Services. The Company has operations in the California, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina markets through its four subsidiaries, Cornerstone Building and Remodeling, Southern Exposure, P.W. Stephens and Fiber Seal Systems. Cornerstone is a leading supplier and installer of granite materials for kitchens and baths to national home centers, as well as national builders and remodeling companies, in the southeastern United States. Southern Exposure and related companies is a provider of cabinet and countertop installation services in the Florida marketplace. P.W. Stephens provides mold and asbestos remediation services, and fire and water restoration services in California and Florida, and Fiber Seal Systems is a national franchise of cleaning and fabric protection businesses.

The head office of CGMW is located at 5642 Enterprise Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33905. Its public company and investor relations office is located at Suite 1304 - 925 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6C 3L2.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

BBC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC.

ALY B. MAWJI, DIRECTOR

The TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release.

BBC Capital Management Inc.

SOURCE: BBC Capital Management Inc.


BBC Capital Management Inc. 
Mr. Aly B. Mawji 
Director 
(604) 812-7468 
[email protected] 
www.cgmw.com 
Copyright Business Wire 2005




Hasadeur

A question from a newbie here,

looking at the chart, i see a Diamont formation building. Is this right and when, is it bullish ?
Thank you and some greetings from germany to all  :D

Hasadeur

AussieTrader

Guten Morgen Hasadeur,

Don't know about the diamond you are looking for, in fact to quote Alexander Elder "Diamonds are prime examples or Rorschach type patterns....their trading usefulness is minimal"

Right now HOM is consolidating around $5, in fact it is fighting somewhat to turn $5 resistance into $5 support a battle between bulls and bears taking place here for sure.

Good luck

AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

basonista

Quote from: AussieTrader on September 27, 2005, 03:59:21 AM

Right now HOM is consolidating around $5, in fact it is fighting somewhat to turn $5 resistance into $5 support a battle between bulls and bears taking place here for sure.


What is encouraging about this battle is that it is looking similar to the consolidation that happened at the $4.00 level.  And it is bouncing off the 10dma very nicely. :)

David Randolph

News for a HOM supplier: Cornerstone Industries International Inc.: Increased Orders

What's funny about this is that HOM's stock was rising before Katrina happened, and in this case nobody in their perfect mind can say the market was already discounting it  :) Fundamentals were improving before Katrina and Rita, and now the company is very busy taking new orders and putting up their revenues and profit guidance for investors.

But I want to stay objective here, and the stock is at a dangerous point. TL2 for today is standing at $4.76, I will take profits if the stock is set to close below this level. I hope TL2 supports HOM again and the stock runs away to new highs again. We'll see, the market always knows better.



Amarens

Waited so long to get back in. TA was still great, as is the news. Now that dip seems not to have been the lowest one  :'(

What's up with HOM today  ???

Up HOM up!!! (Some positive thinking might help  ;))


voova99

May we change the rules in HOM's case?  ???

voova99

David

I mean - the volume is low, may be it's just a buying opportunity.
The company is looking great from every side, isn't it?
Or I'm falling in love with HOM?  :)

Best,
Vova

Se7en

I followed David's plan and sold everything at 4.60$.
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

etercnoc

No, you didnt follow David's rules for trading. He said if HOM closes lower then 4.76 today or looks like it will. We still have 3 hours to go. I sold 20,000 of hom at 5 and still hold 30,000 from the 1.85 range. I do believe in Davids charting but i also believe Hom will be much higher in 6 months and i mean much higher.