3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

HSOA.PK

Started by David Randolph, August 31, 2005, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Se7en

Quote from: etercnoc on September 27, 2005, 01:18:54 PM
No, you didnt follow David's rules for trading. He said if HOM closes lower then 4.76 today or looks like it will. We still have 3 hours to go. I sold 20,000 of hom at 5 and still hold 30,000 from the 1.85 range. I do believe in Davids charting but i also believe Hom will be much higher in 6 months and i mean much higher.
Yep, still 2hrs and 37 mins to go, but it LOOKS like it will close below 4.76$ ...
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

nberski

Look again - closely - David said if HOM is "set to close" below 4.76 ---- so it is up to the individual to decide when it is set to close below 4.76  -   one minute before the market closes or one hour or four hours - --- - --  it is looking to me like it will not recover to 4.76 - ---but I will wait until I believe it is set to close below 4.76 --- I will take Davids advice.
Your other cousin,
Jethro

SmartWrasse

Quote from: nberski on September 27, 2005, 01:51:19 PM
so it is up to the individual to decide when it is set to close below 4.76  -   one minute before the market closes or one hour or four hours - --- - --  it is looking to me like it will not recover to 4.76 -.

Agree, I'm out at break even- better than a loss. 

If I were long from less than 4 I would likely hold.  I think this is just tech selling in a crappy market, But I'm trading here. 

gharknes

there is a general market downturn today, I see this as a buying oportunity in the next few days, everything on my tracker is red today....jmo but i still like the future growth and fundamentals of HOM

snowcat

IT BROKE THE TREND LINE.  That is the basis of trading here, it seems.  Like the 50dma or anything else, a person has to have a sell signal.  It is down big on high volume. If not the trendline or the moving average, what is YOUR sell signal?????  I am happy now with a 50% profit.  Should it recover, I'll be happy to rejoin the party.  This has been in a freefall for a week.  Even the good news yesterday had no impact on the stock.  In the mean time, I think this is done for the moment.

coolwood

#125
Wow - what a pull back.  :'( Think everyone is getting off the boat.  Think I will wait another day or so.   :o

That was ugly.
8)

puenthouse

#126
This is so aggravating.  The rule: don't let a profit become a loss.  Well what do you do, take that small gain instead of that large one you once had, or let it dip red to hopefully make that come back?

I see no way of this stock raising to Daves keep line, so I will follow his lead; as his is the only proven tool of real success.  However, days like this makes me want to stop trading for a bit.  I know that is a sin to say, but everything is down, and that takes me back to the rule: don't let a profit become a loss?  So once again.... Do I sell everything? Does that rule not counter the hold and wait and patience rule?  So I sell hom with a small profit, and sad to see it go, it was a fun ride :'(
Learning from every trade.

cumulina

Down 14.81%  ???

I didn't sell today - guess I'll hope for tomorrow to be better  :(

Oh, well...
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

robt

#128
I sold half. I don't trust a sell-off that has no rationale about it, and I'm curious about tomorrow.

As to a "general market downturn": Dow and S&P were up, but NASDAQ was a little down.  Decliners outnumbered rising stocks by 18 to 13.

It does seem that the SOF picks are mostly among the decliners today and yesterday. It may be that we are tilted a bit too much toward gold, which happens to be down today.

Seems energy stocks are doing okay (including AMEP). My holdings in DESC and KFX helped save the day for me, but most profitable of all is my BIDU short.

It seems possible that we are at the beginning of a bear market; if so, holding a short position or two may be the best way to hedge the general market, IMO.
If you must smite, post why so I can improve myself.

Se7en

I'll be looking for a good entry point, i guess David will say something about this.

Btw, i've sent you my donation!
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

gharknes

Forgot to add to my earlier post, I no longer hold HOM, I sold it a few days ago, all I said was it could provide a good entry point in the next few days, my radar is HOMING on HOM for a while yet.

good luck everyone

shawFund

Quote from: robt on September 27, 2005, 04:38:28 PM
It seems possible that we are at the beginning of a bear market; if so, holding a short position or two may be the best way to hedge the general market, IMO.

September is traditionally the weakest month in a year for Nasdaq stocks.

I can bet that there will be a big year-end rally.  This may happen starting in the middle of October and lasted to December.

The NASDAQ may touch 2000 and SOXX (semi idex) may touch 440 during the process before rebounding. That will provide another golden opportunity to buy tech stocks.

For HOM, because its fundamental is good, this is a normal profit taking.

But profit taking may take months before resuming its uptrend. For momentum stocks,
quick raise in stock price may often lead to quick down in its price.

So, keeping your profit is the most important thing. The most annoying thing in investment is to see your big gain slipped away after many days of effort.








john b mcginnis

It was difficult and easy at the same time to sell HOM today. Difficult because I was expecting higher gains. easy because I bought @2.95. HOM has been a fun trade and the best trade thus far, using David's picks. Sold @ 4.25.

Thanks David
John

redchipper1

Well, HOM didn't go as well as hoped today, sadly!  :(  But still made a profit on this one over all, which still fine by me.

fantazia

#134
this from HOM message board and sums up my own thoughts,

"To answer your question if HOM should trade at 5$ I say it sure can. However I listen to the market more then the numbers as the market will reflect those numbers anyway and at the moment it is telling us that it does not want to be at 5$.

I belive that the sell off today is more as a result of *to high to soon* and a breach of technicals then it is about any fundamentals that you point out (which are great).
Keep in mind this company was trading for under 2$ just 2 months ego.  Problem is its mostly retail traders involved, stock still has almost non institutional ownership and it will take some time, possibly a quarter or two for HOM to prove them selves and gain trust with institutions.

Stock has come down quite a bit, but it is always smart to wait and see how things play out instead of jumping in, as they say, "what looks cheap can be even cheaper and what looks to expensive tends to go higher"

I am out now but will be looking to get back in, just never in any rush to do so, as it proved to be the wrong move many times over.

lastly we are here to make money, all of us, I could pump and say many things but reality is stock is down almost 15% today, and that can not be taken lightly.

Wish everyone best of luck, HOM will be back at some point just wish I knew when :)"