3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SYNC

Started by David Randolph, August 31, 2005, 08:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerfectSage

If  ABLE is a false breakout... ...well it sucked me in.  ??? I look at the volume pattern and I don't think it's a false breakout.  ???

I think oil is due for a trip and a bounce off it's 200 dma again. I don't think oil is a bubble and long term bullish on oil. In the expansion phase of every economic cycle there's a bubble sector in the economy that sucks in too much capital and then that sector goes bust causing a recession. This time arround it's real estate. Last time it was tech stocks. When ever I look at long term charts of the late 90's, I think: "What a crappy bullmarket I get to work with." LOL

Why do I overtrade? That's a good question Dave.
I started trading in the summer of 2003 and I was smart enough to know that I had an easy learning environment for a newbie and the overtrading habit started because I wanted to make as much money as possible before the trend changed. I keep overtrading because I've never really learned how to trade properly. I've just focused my attention on learning how to identify good opportunites based on breakouts or potential breakouts.

The first thing I did when I found 3SOF was check your buy recommendations. I knew you were good Dave because I saw a lot of stocks that I had overtraded or wish I had overtraded. LOL

Good luck on SYNC Dave.

I wanna be the minority ;)

David Randolph

QuoteThe first thing I did when I found 3SOF was check your buy recommendations. I knew you were good Dave because I saw a lot of stocks that I had overtraded or wish I had overtraded. LOL

Good luck on SYNC Dave.

Lol, good luck on your overtrades PerfectSage  :) I'm going to tell you one thing and you promise you'll forget it right away and continue with your trading style, ok? Please don't even consider what I'm about to say and stay in stocks. Here it goes:

Active futures are a better product for day trading than stocks.

QuoteSYNC closed at the high of the day of $4.56 and that's also the previous intraday high set on the 13th of September. It would be nice if the stock closes above this level tomorrow, that would mean a fresh new 52 week high was in place.

News or no news, the fact is SYNC did it, it closed at a new 52 week high. So much for those JP Morgan analysts  >:D

The stock opened on a gap up because of this news:

Orange Slovakia Selects Intellisync as Wireless Email Provider

Starting from Slovakia who knows if SYNC won't get the attention and a contract from big Orange, one of the largest mobile phone operators in the world, with 56 million clients?

But the stock did not hold the opening gains and closed up «just» 2.85%. This is good enough for me, considering the general market weakness. Perhaps the stock tomorrow will come down to close the gap before it advances again, there was a gap opened at the $4.56-$4.67 range. Anyway I will keep holding SYNC, my technical target is $5.91.

David Randolph

QuotePerhaps the stock tomorrow will come down to close the gap before it advances again, there was a gap opened at the $4.56-$4.67 range.

Today's action was unexpected as you can see. But it was a big fall anyway. Volume was low on this profit taking day which is a positive.

The ascending trendline will come at $3.98 tomorrow.

ls40095

Dave,

Nice place you got here. I first found out about SYNC from a few friends who live and work in the Silicon Valley. I live in the East and have been trading for 9 years. The company and their technology looks great, but I dismembered their balance sheet.

When I saw the 57 million in convertibles, it was a red flag to say the least. After a few phone calls to the boys at the firm, I find out that the options on the convertibles are 3% at $4.33 out 2009!

I had to reconfirm this, because I could not believe it, realizing that that few VCS just hand out this kind of money, unless they believe in long term growth. The company hit critical mass with the latest contract, regardless of subscriber price. I believe that wireless messaging is the best play since routers and cellphones and this company is it.

David Randolph

Thanks for your kind words and interesting research ls40095  :)

The 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio shows a 16% profit on SYNC and RULE 13 says «Let the Profits Run», at least for as long as the trend remains bullish.

SYNC's trend is indeed bullish, with the ascending trendline on the chart below rising an adequate $0.04 per trading day. For tomorrow the ascending trendline will be standing at $4.01 and I will continue holding SYNC.

1reilly

PR Newswire
SYNC introduces first open mobile unified messaging platform

David Randolph

Three press releases from SYNC, 1reilly already mentioned one:

Intellisync Introduces First Open Mobile Unified Messaging Platform Enabling 'Office in Your Phone(TM)'

Multimedia News Release - Intellisync Demonstrates Wireless Industry's First Open Mobile Unified Messaging Platform at CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2005

Intellisync Announces Support for Nokia 9300 Smartphone and 9500 Communicator; Continues 'Any Device, Any Platform' Mobility March

All bullish news. I have a open profit of 18% now, and I will let profits run on SYNC.

(just now I saw this update didn't enter. It seems the news failed to inspire the stock that maybe is coming down to support again. I will hold it though).

David Randolph

What we got here with SYNC? Three bullish news failed to inspire the stock? Something's fishy, learning with the HOM experience I will sell SYNC today for a 16% profit, not much, but I must accept what the market is willing to give.

Maybe I'll buy back SYNC shares at the trendline, which for today will be standing at $4.08.

1reilly

What happened to Rule # 13. With Hom you had a violation of a trendline and you maintained your discipline. I don't see the same thought process here.

akam

don´t be too cruel to D. he,after all,is just one of many.today think,tomorrow rethink.

every this kind of hp or mb is meant for hyping someones stocks.easy.just make it work for your favour.

.

logocovet

No one seems to care about this previous hghflyer.  I still hold about 1/3 of my initial shares. 

SYNC hit 52 week high today with 11.98% gain on 3x average volume.  ;D

SYNC has been getting tons of overseas contracts recently, but its been mostly overshadowed by the MSFT/PALM/Verzon deal to come out with a blackberry-like phone.  I believe most people miss the fact that the golbal market is where the growth in wireless will be (us Americans are mostly tech backwards).  Moreoever, due to RIMM's current patent/lawsuit problems, it would be wise to takeover SYNC for its technology (not to mention overseas customers).  And SYNC has openly said that it is looking to be taken over. 

Well, the reason for this rise is a takeover bid rumor, actually more than rumor.  A nice premium too.  But I think this is only the beginning of the bidding war.

http://pt.portaldebolsa.com/pt/forums/view_post.asp?cod_forum=1087&cod_post=3689 7 

Lisbon - A source from Sonae.com said today that Sonae.com will launch a takeover to Intellisync Corp.
Sonae.com, will notifie next friday the Portuguese National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) that it was willing to waive the condition of a 75% minimum acceptance level to which its public offer for the acquisition of Intellisync Corp shares was subject, taking into consideration that the response received will be sufficient to develop the business project pursued through the takeover bid.
Sonae.com will launch a takeover bid for Intellisync Corp with the payment of $8.75 US for each of the that responded to the tender offer, this initial offer could reach the limit of price of $10.15 USD for each share of the company.

Lex

Question:  Is SYNC still being considered for a buyout by the Portugal firm or
any other firms?

In this since it was PUMA.

Thanks--------Lex

Michael

Quote from: Lex on November 14, 2005, 12:40:51 AM
Question:  Is SYNC still being considered for a buyout by the Portugal firm or
any other firms?

Well it seems a Finish company is interested:

QuoteNokia to Buy Intellisync for $430 Million

Nokia is offering $5.25 per share in cash for each share of Intellisync, which provides mobile access to e-mail and other desktop information to about 500,000 users through wireless carriers under their own brand names

Hmmm... life is not fair I wanted to buy for a higher price but now it seems like SYNC has agreed to an offer below the stock price  ???

Mike
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

logocovet

I'm not familiar with what happens now.  Does it become pointless to hold this stock ?  Won't it just trade in this 5-5.25 range until the buyout happens?