3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

I can't Applaud or Smite

Started by Lucas Scott, October 26, 2005, 03:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas Scott

I think my Applaud and Smite icons disappeared a while back. What happened to them? I really liked that feature, the Smiting especially  >:D  Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place? Where can I find those icons, or have they been disabled? TIA!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

starfire

You are not alone. My browser does not show any 'icons' or 'graphics'. I am using current version of IE. However it could be my Java Virtual Machine!!!!!

Lucas Scott

Starfire, I would applaud you if I could. But I don't have the icons to do it  :(

Ramsburg, please help me get the Smite feature working again. I have a huge backlog of smiting right now.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

FALCON64

Starfire, I can't explain your situation, but Lucas Scott, you need to have at least 50 posts in order to applaud/smite

Lucas Scott

Falcon, thanks for the tip. I didn't realize I had to have 50 posts. When I first joined I was able to applaud and smite for a couple days. Maybe that's just a teaser for introductory members :D 

Rest assured when I get to 50 posts I am going to Applaud you Falcon!

I'll just have to keep my Smite list on a piece of paper and when I get to 50 posts I'll go crazy with smiting for a couple weeks to catch up. >:D
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Ramsburg


Hi,

We changed that feature a while ago, because there were people registering on the site just with the purpose of smitting ;)
You need to have 50 posts before you are able to use the applaud/smite feature

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=2618.msg20284#msg20284

best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Lucas Scott

Ramsburg, shouldn't Honours Members be allowed to applaud and smite without restriction? I totally understand the restriction on non-paying members, because they could just come in with a new alias every day just to bash and smite, but dues-paying members should get free reign :-\  JMHO! Thanks Ramsburg!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Ramsburg

Quote from: Lucas Scott on October 27, 2005, 03:10:26 AM
Ramsburg, shouldn't Honours Members be allowed to applaud and smite without restriction? I totally understand the restriction on non-paying members, because they could just come in with a new alias every day just to bash and smite, but dues-paying members should get free reign :-\  JMHO! Thanks Ramsburg!

I agree with you Lucas ;)
But the applaud/smite feature can only be customized using the member's posts, and not by member group. I'll try to change that soon.

regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account