3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

The Rules of the Contest

Started by Ramsburg, October 28, 2005, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawFund

One suggestion:

About the gain:

  Allow anyone to exit the position any time during this month, not necessary to wait until the last day (Dec 5).


Say, if you picked a stock and it gained 100% in the middle of the month. Your price target has met and want to take profit ahead of time.

This agrees with our stock on fire (momentum) play principle. Exit at the best time and the best time may not be on Dec 5th.






boatguy

Shawfund,  Good idea this would allow us to lock in the profit on our picks and still be workable without taking to much time from David and Ramsburgs valuable time.

Applaud

setravis

Wow all the members we have here and only 23 picks so far.
Better get busy. Come on , "hopefully nobody will smite your pick here!!" :D :D :D
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

stocky

well i dont know if i would come up with the pick but i would sure be putting my money on good picks from contests.

setravis

Still can't understand why, with all the members we have here
at 3SOF we now have only 31 picks so far.
What's up traders....not interested ???
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Ramsburg

Quote from: shawFund on November 04, 2005, 08:10:38 AM
One suggestion:

About the gain:

  Allow anyone to exit the position any time during this month, not necessary to wait until the last day (Dec 5).


Say, if you picked a stock and it gained 100% in the middle of the month. Your price target has met and want to take profit ahead of time.

This agrees with our stock on fire (momentum) play principle. Exit at the best time and the best time may not be on Dec 5th.


Hi ShawFund,

We thought about that... and probably will be a new rule on the next contest...
But will not be applied on this first edition.

Let's call this first edition a «Beta Version» ;)
I'm sure the new versions of the contest will have some nice updates.

regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

dwest718

#21
Ramsburg, are you going to enforce the 100 word minimum and the 20 post minimum?  It would knock out several picks.

There are 39-40 entries right now if the rules are enforced.  Setravis... you got across to at least a few people.  10 more picks in the last few hours. Now this is a little bit of a competition... May the best man (or woman) win!

Lucas Scott

The less competition the better. I want that 500 bucks!! Show me the monay!! >:D
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

setravis

I have come to notice in the Stock Picking Contest
That Healey Picked SIRI and later on tdot36 made the same pick. ???
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

ScottishTrader

maybe tdot didn't read through all the picks  ???  His loss, as the rules state, it oges to whoever picks first.

Reading through the stock picks, there are some absolutely fantastic picks in there - I just wish I had more money to go in on some more of them - maybe I will next month :D :D

As for now, let the games begin  >:D

eagerlearner

wow , 80% of all the picks are up intraday so far!  :o  .. very impressive!
miliion of thanks to David and Ramsburg for the great idea!
u guys make trading so much more fun and profitable  8)
I am so lucky to be part of 3OF.  ;D

what a great day for David's portfolio too!

Tatrader

I have been an Honors member for sometime.  I followed the guidelines of the contest in submitting my pick.   When I read the rule about number of posts(Rule 4), I took that to mean subscribers who do not have a paid membership.  Those individuals have to have at least 20 posts....Honors members are exempt from number of posts, correct?
I post rarely on threads, just gain data, and move on from there....

Now when I read Rule 4, I am thinking that I had to post at least 20 posts to be legit.  Ramsburg, tell me, I read the rule correctly the first time.  Honors members will not be punished, will they for lack of posts?

TATRADER


Rule #04 – Only Honours Members (subscribers) and Registered members with more than 20 posts published to date are eligible to play this contest.
If you are not yet registered at 3SOF, please do it here (it's free).
If you want to become an Honours Member and subscribe our service click here

Ramsburg

Quote from: Tatrader on November 07, 2005, 02:34:03 PM
I have been an Honors member for sometime.  I followed the guidelines of the contest in submitting my pick.   When I read the rule about number of posts(Rule 4), I took that to mean subscribers who do not have a paid membership.  Those individuals have to have at least 20 posts....Honors members are exempt from number of posts, correct?
I post rarely on threads, just gain data, and move on from there....

Now when I read Rule 4, I am thinking that I had to post at least 20 posts to be legit.  Ramsburg, tell me, I read the rule correctly the first time.  Honors members will not be punished, will they for lack of posts?

TATRADER


Rule #04 – Only Honours Members (subscribers) and Registered members with more than 20 posts published to date are eligible to play this contest.
If you are not yet registered at 3SOF, please do it here (it's free).
If you want to become an Honours Member and subscribe our service click here

Yes ;)
Honours Members don't need to have 20 posts.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Terliso

I noticed in the $1000 contest... 3 of the contestants have asterisk right besides their user name, so i guess those 3 are already out of the game...

Ramsburg

Quote from: Terlisa on November 07, 2005, 10:05:09 PM
I noticed in the $1000 contest... 3 of the contestants have asterisk right besides their user name, so i guess those 3 are already out of the game...

Yep, there was a problem with Rule#4 on these players with the (*). I've inserted them on the results table, because they had valid Picks and Texts with reasons behind their Picks... But rules are rules, and they did't have a minimum of 20 posts, so they can't win the first prize even if they win the contest. In case one of them end winning the contest, the Prize goes to the Second Place.

Sorry guys  :(
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account