3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

The Rules of the Contest

Started by Ramsburg, October 28, 2005, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyc100

Quote from: Lucas Scott on December 13, 2005, 02:44:20 AM
I'm sure Ramsburg will get the kinks worked out in the next day or so. I LMAO when I saw TWOG as one of the stock picks.  That guy earned himself a smite for that foolery!

There were also a couple of duplicate picks. How hard is it to hit Ctrl+F on each page to see if the pick is taken? LOL! Oh well, the more disqualifications, the better each of our chances are.

>:D
Hey Lucas, congrat to your last win of $1000 contest, you are a great hot stock picker :D
I am new, but I am sure that this contest rules were laid out plain and simple.  Just follow it and shouldn't have that many problems, but some people just don't live up to that expectation and therefore, they should be DQed as expected :'(
Anyway, good luck to all still in it and with good potential for da big runs! :o
PS: I hope the sorting of contest list get fix, thanks! :)

Ramsburg


Hello !

It seems that we have a small bug on the results dislpay sometimes.... my fault  ::) I'm going to fix it during todays session.

regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Quote from: basonista on December 12, 2005, 06:01:23 PM
I'm curious as to where the opening stock price is taken from.  My pick - HEB - shows an opening price of $2.62 on Stockcharts.com, Yahoo and Ameritrade.  It is listed as $2.73 on the board which is the HOD.  Not that it's going to help me much in the long run but every penny can make a difference (just like every KKD doughnut slowed me down... and down.... and down ;))!

Basonista,

Just checked, and corrected.
Your entry price was $2.62 (my mistake  ::))

regards
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Quote from: defenderyou on December 13, 2005, 12:46:57 AM
What happened to the abilit to sort the entries by the total return percentage since start date - this was very useful but nolonger seems to be allowed? Are you planning to fix this??

Thanks

Defenderyou

hello defenderyou,

I've made some changes on the code since the last edition, but later today I'm expecting to have that feature back online.

regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

usedcasting

Just wanted to check if my opening price is right. I show $2.42 for ANLY. Now someboby did pay $2.50 for the high of the day in the first couple of minutes of trading. As far as not having 100 words, can I still add to it. I was rushed and submitted at the last moment.

Cheers
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

Ramsburg

Quote from: usedcasting on December 13, 2005, 08:59:35 AM
Just wanted to check if my opening price is right. I show $2.42 for ANLY. Now someboby did pay $2.50 for the high of the day in the first couple of minutes of trading. As far as not having 100 words, can I still add to it. I was rushed and submitted at the last moment.

Cheers

Hi usedcasting,

In fact, yesteraday's opening price for ANLY was $2.50, and we have to use it because of the rules  :( My DDDC pick opened with a 10% gap up too at 3.32 and 2 minutes later was trading near 3$.

About the (*) on your username, thats because you posted your pick 7 minutes late.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

nica33

A name with  (*) is disqualified??? :o ??? :-[ :-\
Keep it simple !!

Terliso

#67
Quote from: nica33 on December 13, 2005, 11:22:07 AM
A name with  (*) is disqualified??? :o ??? :-[ :-\

YES, disqualified... i think you too, cuz u don't have enough posts

Ramsburg

Quote from: nica33 on December 13, 2005, 11:22:07 AM
A name with  (*) is disqualified??? :o ??? :-[ :-\

A name with a (*), is somebody that for some reason doesn't meet all the rules.
The name we'll still be on the list, but the player can't win any prizes.

regards.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

small_investor

hallo Ramsburg, hello 3SToF team

first of all I want to tell you that I´m not very happy about my mistake by picking a stock which is the favourite from thai626. Sorry!!

Yesterday I sent you a correction of this ( before contest starting) and thougt it will be changed by you or your team. My new stock pick was PHRM, I`ve made a posting with chart and....

I sent a mail to Terlisa and thai626, I told them too that I`m sorry and I´ve made a correction.
Now I checked this and I found my pick unchanged in the first form (ASTM) and not PHRM.

What can we do? Is it possible for you to change my pick in the corrected 2nd version( PHRM)? If there´s no change possible I think it will be better for the game to disqualify my pick. Think it is ok, thai626 had done the pick at first...

Best regards, small_investor

Ramsburg

Quote from: small_investor on December 13, 2005, 02:02:05 PM
What can we do? Is it possible for you to change my pick in the corrected 2nd version( PHRM)? If there´s no change possible I think it will be better for the game to disqualify my pick. Think it is ok, thai626 had done the pick at first...

Best regards, small_investor

Hello small_investor,

I'm sorry for this situation, your pick will be updated to PHRM

regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Quote from: defenderyou on December 13, 2005, 12:46:57 AM
What happened to the abilit to sort the entries by the total return percentage since start date - this was very useful but nolonger seems to be allowed? Are you planning to fix this??

Thanks

Defenderyou

The ranking stats are now fixed, I've also included 2 sorting choices (G/L Today, and Member A-Z) for better browsing.

If anyboody finds errors, bugs, mistaken entry prices, etc, please report to me ;)

best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

SmartWrasse


metro

The list was looking pretty red a week ago but much better now. If it only has a few more weeks....

I see several who are disqualified as they for some reason did not follow or meet the rules.

There are some others also who did not meet the rules:

GIGM  - has only 83 words and minimum is 100
NMGC by Mixmaster has 49 words
DRL has 47 words
IINT has 74 words

There are more but think the are all below 25 in placing..

seems to me the rules were not so hard to follow...yet 5 or the top 10 are disqualified.

However - regardless of contest the main thing is some good stock to choose from all posted in one thread so convenient to check.

The other day I just put up a couple of stocks just about at break out points. Maybe we can make a break out thread where you show charts that are about to at least try to break out. I mean mainly a break from a top horizontal trend line or triangle or a significant level at another place.

This is an example.

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=4225.0

One more day but it looks like KNOL will be the winner this month and it was sold 10 or more days ago. It is now under the 9-day but worth watching as it couidl try a move again.


don

I follow mostly  Canadian traded stocks. Is there any reason why you would not allow TSE stocks in the competition. ? Don.