3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

TIII

Started by David Randolph, November 10, 2005, 07:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

There are many fundamental reasons to buy TIII today, if you want you can spend some time reading the company's latest earnings report.

But, the Fast Portfolio is just for technically based trades, so I'll use just technical analysis to justify today's "investment"  ;D

You can't see it on this all history chart, but yesterday's volume was the second highest in this company's stock market history that goes back to at least 1980 (my Metastock database has data just back to 1980 for North American stocks):



On the next chart you'll be able to see that there is massive long term resistance just above $4, more precisely, at $4.18. That level will put a cap on every bull move, at least for some time, I believe:



Looking at a more recent time frame chart, we see that the stock hit a medium term resistance level yesterday at around $2.94, and it fell back to a close at $2.60. I believe the pullback was solely due to that medium term resistance level:



But, volume was higher yesterday than the last time the stock hit those levels. That tells me that this time there was more money involved and believing in higher prices. More money equals more power, so $2.94 will probably be broken on the upside shortly.

Now, if the stock makes a breakout above $2.94 as I believe it will, I don't see it stopping below $4.

So, my trading plan for TIII is:

1) Buy it at today's open for the 3 SOF Fast Portfolio, 33.33% of capital as usual.
2) Sell it at $4.
3) As downside protection I wouldn't like to see it closing below yesterday's open, which was $2.48. So if the stock is set to close below $2.48 today, I'll dump it just before the close.


stopthemadness

Hey David,

I couldn't get in TIII this morning but now it's dropped (profit taking?) but still above your sell point... is this a good entry point or should i just pass at this point since it is a 3SOF Fast... unless you see a big rebound in the works.

thanks

netfishmademerich

Profit taking plus gap closing.  I think this one looks very good right.  I'm in at $2.66

KCScott

Wish I had the time earlier this AM to see this one.

David, if you look at your chart you'll see TIII hasn't touched $4.00 since early 2000.
I'm sure most holders dumped for a loss (at least I know I would have to offset gains)

This company reminds me of another winner I played called RADN.

Decent fundamentals as well - per Yahoo

Looks like a buy in the Morning..... targeting $ 2.50

Nice Find
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

netfishmademerich

Looking at it again this one simply opened way too high and induced profit taking but still closed strong in my opinion.

puenthouse

Just came low enought to eat my target at 2.57.  Im glad i could get in one of these with you.  David last several stocks you have picked have left me sitting waiting for even higher gains lol. 
The best is when you sell a stock over 10, i not only sell it im starting to short it.  BIDU and VLO  WOOOWWW!!!!  even more fun making money up and down.  Only bad thing is, its like betting on the NO COME LINE in craps, so i have no one to cheer with but upset bagholders.  Well im glad to be in this one.  your over all % is alreayd outstanding in SOF-F.
Learning from every trade.

David Randolph

Quote from: stopthemadness on November 10, 2005, 01:43:07 PM
Hey David,

I couldn't get in TIII this morning but now it's dropped (profit taking?) but still above your sell point... is this a good entry point or should i just pass at this point since it is a 3SOF Fast... unless you see a big rebound in the works.

thanks

I'm sorry, I wasn't here to analyze the intraday (I usually don't). But let me give you a clue: when a stock is trading on the upper shadow of the previous day's candlestick it is still short term bullish.

Quote from: KCScott on November 10, 2005, 02:54:33 PM
Wish I had the time earlier this AM to see this one.

David, if you look at your chart you'll see TIII hasn't touched $4.00 since early 2000.
I'm sure most holders dumped for a loss (at least I know I would have to offset gains)

This company reminds me of another winner I played called RADN.

Decent fundamentals as well - per Yahoo

Looks like a buy in the Morning..... targeting $ 2.50

Nice Find

Thanks KCScott, did you get $2.50? Nice price  :o

Quote from: netfishmademerich on November 10, 2005, 09:48:43 PM
Looking at it again this one simply opened way too high and induced profit taking but still closed strong in my opinion.

I agree.

Quote from: puenthouse on November 10, 2005, 10:35:17 PM
Just came low enought to eat my target at 2.57. Im glad i could get in one of these with you. David last several stocks you have picked have left me sitting waiting for even higher gains lol.
The best is when you sell a stock over 10, i not only sell it im starting to short it. BIDU and VLO WOOOWWW!!!! even more fun making money up and down. Only bad thing is, its like betting on the NO COME LINE in craps, so i have no one to cheer with but upset bagholders. Well im glad to be in this one. your over all % is alreayd outstanding in SOF-F.

Lol puenthouse, yes, usually bears on a stock don't have many people to talk in a friendly way  :)

I'm expecting 3 SOF Fast to be a hard game, I just want to be in the green at the end of every month. We'll see.

Considering TIII, as said, the stock opened too high and then couldn't hold on to those gains. But, it held to close on the upper shadow of the previous candlestick, so it is still short term bullish.

Everything points out for a breakout of $2.94 on the upside. I'll try to be a little bit more patient with TIII, since fundamentals are so attractive (ouch, I didn't mean it).

But I won't stand a close below $2.48, I would have to sell if that were to happen.

stopthemadness

thanks David, and everyone else with their inputs... i'll look to try and get in this morning too in the 2.50's

cingross

David.

I would like to know how you are executing your buys at the open for the 3SOF fast portfolio.?

Are you entering them as market orders on the open?
Are you waiting a few minutes and entering limit orders.?
I have entered a c ouple at market on open and gotten killed...

Please post your technique for doing this.
If I have missed a previous post on this I apologize.
Thanks



stopthemadness

volume seems to be really drying up.

is that a concern for 3sof fast?

stocky

Today was holdiday here, plus Friday. Volume will return with bang on Monday. Applaud David for this great pick.

Ramsburg

#11
Quote from: cingross on November 11, 2005, 09:33:50 AM
David.

I would like to know how you are executing your buys at the open for the 3SOF fast portfolio.?

Are you entering them as market orders on the open?
Are you waiting a few minutes and entering limit orders.?
I have entered a c ouple at market on open and gotten killed...

Please post your technique for doing this.
If I have missed a previous post on this I apologize.
Thanks


Hi Cindygross,

Let me reply, because most of the times, I'm the one who made the executions on David's picks for our Portfolios.

What I do, is to open the Level2 for the stocks we are buying, I check the bid/ask near the opening bell on the pre-market, and I put an order 2 or 3 ticks above the ask (I avoid Market Orders), that order is for the regular session, not the pre-market.
What I get most of the times is the opening price, and that's usually what I'm looking for, because that way we have a price that will be possible to get by all our subscribers.

There are some exceptions, and that's only on days where we are buying and selling a lot of stocks, and I'm not paying 100% attention to all the stocks we are trading because they are many, and I miss some prices, for example, I put an order 3 ticks above the ask, but then the bid/ask goes up, I'm looking to another ticker, and I miss the open price, and I get some price bellow open, or I have to buy higher... it depends ;) (anyway, if you put a market order, you'll get the open price for sure on the Nasdaq, Nyse and Amex, the only problem is that the open price could be just a crazy spike like MOVI today).

I think there is no special technique for this... and it's possible to get better entry prices than us. If you just want to follow our trading you just have to insert an order above the ask (or market) a few seconds before the opening, valid for the regular session (not pre-market), and I'm sure you'll get our price most of the times (but... believe me, our price is not the best price most of the times :)).

Best regards !

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Lucas Scott

Fundamentally TIII looks like a winner. Technically it may be overheated so I will hope for an entry in the low 2's in the next couple weeks. On a weekly chart, it hit resistance last week and I think it will need to consolidate its gains for a short period before going to new highs.

GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

David Randolph

Thanks for your input. My original trading plan was:

QuoteSo, my trading plan for TIII is:

1) Buy it at today's open for the 3 SOF Fast Portfolio, 33.33% of capital as usual.
2) Sell it at $4.
3) As downside protection I wouldn't like to see it closing below yesterday's open, which was $2.48. So if the stock is set to close below $2.48 today, I'll dump it just before the close.

I believe the stock is setting up to break $2.94 on the upside, but my patience is running short. I will move my «sell with a loss» plan a bit higher, because this is a Fast Portfolio and I see many opportunities else where.

So TIII needs to go up, now ! My new plan is:

1) Sell at $4
2) Sell if the stock is set to close below $2.60.

I think TIII will do allright, breaking $2.94 with a white candlestick today or tomorrow, because the stock held up well after the huge spike it had last Wednesday. Bulls are still in control after some consolidation, now it's time to get back to work and take this thing to new highs.

SmartWrasse

Looks like another Randolph Rocket!  ;D