3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

TIII

Started by David Randolph, November 10, 2005, 07:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokyopua

netfishmademerich,

I do hope you are right.  The technicals do still seem to be in line for TIII to go up, but it was a bit concerning today to go down while most tech stocks rallied so strongly.  Perhaps its still the minor insider selling from yesterday weighing the stock down?  I am looking forward to David's analysis since its getting close to his buy in price.


On a separate note, I havent traded in a stock with this low volume before, I am curious about the way it moves on Level 2.  The current price might be 2.87 with a bid and ask of say 2.85 and 2.89, and then the next trade will be 2.93.  I dont really understand why anyone would want to trade it past the lowest price they can get? 
Chance favors the prepared mind

stocky

When you put a market order on low liquidity stocks, MM rips you off. Hence those high off target buys. Sometimes its MM playing with us. But you wont see such with stocks like MSFT.

tokyopua

Thanks stocky, that makes a lot of sense.  I almost never use market orders so almost forgot about them, lol.   :P
Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

Thanks for your comments  :)

I've checked some of the fundamentals of this stock, and it's incredible, it has a P/E Ratio of 6.4 and earnings growth from last year was 140%  :o

I don't see any tricks here. Probably the stock came down the last 2 days because it just rose too much over the last couple of weeks. But it is still way undervalued.

I shouldn't even sell it at $4, but since this is a Fast Portfolio, I'll just keep my plan of selling at $4 or at the last day of the current month.

$2.82 was the low of the day for the last 3 trading days, that value seems to be providing support.

shawFund

Going to break-down?

Am still holding.

SmartWrasse

Such a low volume slide.  Could that little insider sell really have nixed all the buying interest in this stock?   Crazy!

shawFund

From daily chart, the pull-back is testing EMA(10) support of $2.66.

Three up days with big volumes.


nightshade81

Yes, I too was encouraged when I noticed that currently the 2.66 low was the 10 EMA.  If it breaks down below that I may have to get out and get in later.  While I agree with David that the longer term fundamental picture is great, the intense buying interest may have ceased.  This could case a drift down for a bit, even though at some point it should launch up again.  I just don't want to be caught with my money sitting around waiting for that day indefinitely.

My plan is to sell if breaks the 10 day EMA for later buyback or use David's plan if it can hold the line.

KCScott

In at 2.68

Never got to the 2.50's level I was targeting and I believe this is the last time it will test this bottom
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

basonista

Quote from: KCScott on November 18, 2005, 12:00:30 PM
In at 2.68

Never got to the 2.50's level I was targeting and I believe this is the last time it will test this bottom

Man, I hope you are right.  The descending triangle of the last few days really worried me when I was looking at it last night.  Then to see further declines today. ::)  At least there is strong demand at $2.65.  If it is able to punch through that with no good demand below, I'll be out. :(

KCScott

Quote from: basonista on November 18, 2005, 12:10:57 PM
Quote from: KCScott on November 18, 2005, 12:00:30 PM
In at 2.68

Never got to the 2.50's level I was targeting and I believe this is the last time it will test this bottom

Man, I hope you are right.  The descending triangle of the last few days really worried me when I was looking at it last night.  Then to see further declines today. ::)  At least there is strong demand at $2.65.  If it is able to punch through that with no good demand below, I'll be out. :(


You understand how the MM can manipulate these small cap issues, right?

I see it in the under $5 issues quite a lot -

Today is a prime example: already 420K shares traded.
An MM will sell enough shares of their to trip stops all the way then accumulate those as well as their own before putting in the Buys.

Illegal as hell, but tough to detect and catch by the SEC.

It's the main reason I won't use trailing stops.
Ive gotten burned a couple times, but all in all, it's saved more money than it's lost - IMO

-------

Back to the subject which is you should feel pretty comfortable with this stock.
Fundamentals alone support this valuation.

it's tough and I can't do it, but David's advice of not watching Intraday is right on from a psychological perspective.

I believe you can easily lose site of the bigger picture watching that ticker.
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

basonista

KC, I somewhat understand the MM tactics.  That is why I also don't like to use trailing stops and if I do use them, I position below where I think the shakeout would take the stock.  But I rarely use them so don't have to decide a shakeout price very often.

I agree that the fundamentals look pretty good on TIII.  I am bothered by the fact that while the NASDAQ is in rally mode and hits new 4 1/2 year highs, TIII declines.  I do expect some pullback after the run it's had though, just didn't expect it to bring the stock down 20%+ in just a few days.  And to see that 20% profit go away that quickly isn't fun either.  ;)

KCScott

Look at the ratio between the Buy volume on the up days and the sell volume the last 3 days:



JMO, but other "bargain hunters" on this stock let it drift lower as it consolidates for the next run up.

The 2.66 floor looks in tact and Friday's typically more selling than buying.

Good Luck
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

shawFund

Last night I checked my holdings and found TIII in descending trendline.

So, I wrote: sell TIII at open and KLIC sell at open (I believe that KLIC will have a gap up).

I sold KLIC at open and re-took a position later at $7.47 but did not pull the trigger for TIII.

I can sell TIII at $2.85 at open and buy it back at $2.64 (about $1,000 difference for this miss since I have 5K).

Big mistake I will remember.


stopthemadness

got in at 2.69... looks like i'm about to go red on this one.

still sitting on a few AOB thats now tanking.

got back into nvax... tanking.

good thing i didn't get into DEX and MOVI

been a bum week for me.