3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

The New Member Map Feature

Started by Ramsburg, June 01, 2005, 07:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg


Hello !

This site is International and our comunity is worldwide. We welcome traders from all over the world !

People are getting to know each other, but since we have only one month, it may be usefull to have this new feature...

This way, we have now a new «Member Map» section, where users can place a «pin» on the world map, and mark the location where they live or where they are right now. Then they can watch all the other members on the world and regional maps. Who knows if you found another trader just next door ?  8)

Some of the members had already place their pin on the map, but we invite all the others to do that... it's easy... and it's fun ;)

my best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

starfire

Hi,
I am having problems with the Member Map registration! I get the following error message:
"An Error Has Occurred!
You have to click somewhere on the map to place your pin."

What am I doing wrong??

Ramsburg


All you have to do is:
- Click the «Place your pin» button
- Then go to the Map, and put the cross on the spot where you live and click
- Then click the button: «Save my Pin»

best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

starfire

The Map is not being displayed!!!

I have tried it with all the browsers that I have, IE, Netscape (V8) and FireFoX.

I noticed that the graphics are not displayed properly on the screens!

I am not having this problem with any of the other websites!!

Thanks for the help

Ramsburg


Hum... do you have the lattest version of Firefox ?
Do you enable javascript on your browser ?

If you could post a screenshot of the problem, it would be nice.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

starfire

think i found the problem! while editing the screen with MSWord, I got this error message:

Missingfile:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/theme1/style.css

for some reason it is not able to pick up the cascading style sheet!!

starfire


Ramsburg

Quote from: starfire on June 02, 2005, 10:08:46 PM
that should have been

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/themes/theme1/style.css

The file is in place... most users can use the feature...

I think this could be some javascript problem on your side... but I have to take a look at the code anyway.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

starfire

Hi,
I sent u some screen shots. Did u get a chance to look at them??

starfire

interesting! i went to the local library, just to c how the interface looks. must say i am missing out on the experience!. Anyways I got myself mapped.

I came back to resolve the interface p-roblem but in vain. However I did access the simple machine website and lo behold the interface looked just fine! all the graphics were displayed.

So back to 3stocksonfire but same probelem! I doubt if it is the browser as I have the same problem with the other 3 browsers, Firefox, Netscape & Opera!!

Ramsburg

Quote from: starfire on June 06, 2005, 10:13:46 PM
interesting! i went to the local library, just to c how the interface looks. must say i am missing out on the experience!. Anyways I got myself mapped.

I came back to resolve the interface p-roblem but in vain. However I did access the simple machine website and lo behold the interface looked just fine! all the graphics were displayed.

So back to 3stocksonfire but same probelem! I doubt if it is the browser as I have the same problem with the other 3 browsers, Firefox, Netscape & Opera!!

Hi Starfire,

I'm sorry, but I havent been able to take care of this issue yet (but I dindt forget it) ;)
It's a very strange bug ! ;-)

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

starfire

Not a problem take your time. I am a newbie to short term trading and so I am going thru a lot of learning (reading)! I doubt whether I'll be a good chartist as it is totally subjective! I could be wrong!

Anyways I thought I could interject another idea. I was reading the SMF support section and found that sometimes accessing Themes(does not show up) could be a problem if SMF is not installed properly. In fact they recommend installing it manually! You may want to take a look at their support section.

By the by my software environment is up to date i.e I have SP2 insatlled, XP/PRofessional, IE V6 and latest version of Firefox 1.0.4.

The problem:
with IE ... the graphics (images/themes) is not diplayed. the UI looks cheesy!!

with Firefox... the images are replaced with TEXT.

I hope you find this to be useful.

Ramsburg


thanks Starfire,

I'm using the exact same system you have:
SP2 insatlled, XP/PRofessional, IE V6 and latest version of Firefox 1.0.4.

So this is really strange.
I've installed SMF manually, and even this Member Map package was installed manually (I don't like scripts changing my code  ;))

I'd like to know if there are any other users with the same problem Stocky has ?

best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

starfire

here is an error I got (using FireFox) with CSS:

Validator
Error
Target: http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?action=mm

Please, validate your XML document first!

Line 76

Column 134

The element type "img" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

Also I have one for the HTML, I'll email it.

starfire

Hi Ramsburg,
3SOF's new home page is looking extremely good. I like the choice of colors, language and layout. Keep up the good work.

I do have a request though...I am till having the problems with UI. Can you give me some leads?? I think it has to do with the config files of the IE browser that I have intalled. If you have any insights please let me know. TIA.