3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

The Wolfwave Pattern / Why walk with bulls - run with the wolves!

Started by calven, November 20, 2005, 11:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickjust

wow!
nice work melf. ! your good at finding these patterns. you make it look easy.
maxi

calven

StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

thai626

Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

calven

YESSSSIRRREEEE!

You should PM that to David. I heard he was covering NIHK for the 3sof premium members. It was being discussed in the chat.

Applaud the work thai!

Now just give QTWW a kick to the rear. It needs a jumpstart again...
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

thai626

How about another excellent wolvewave set up guys?? :P :P :P ;D ;D

Enjoy!
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

thai626

Another potential play!   ;D

Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

Melf Elf

Thai,

You've gone gangbusters on those Wolfe Waves!   :D  Applause.

I finally got 3 Wolfe Waves over the past few weeks from my Metastock Explorer, but I didn't see how any of them looked like a Wolfe Wave, so I didn't post them. 

They were DROOY and KLAC around February 16, and OSCI yesterday morning.

When the Metastock Explorer identifies a WW, it doesn't tell you anything else, like Bullish or Bearish, were the Waves are, etc.  I looked at the daily and weekly charts...I couldn't see anything that look at all like what Calven has taught us.

Anyway, nice job!

Melf Elf

Metastock Explorer identified a Wolfe Wave in DHB.

I had a heck of a time seeing it, but I think I've found it. 

The lead-in is awful skimpy.  In fact, the entire pattern is pretty skimpy, but I like the fact that the low of the Wave 5 "fakeout" held above the trendline (solid green horizontal line) from the December 2, 2005 breakout.

DHB received a $54 million order from the Army on March 3 (story below).  I'll repost this in the DHB folder on the Previous Stock Picks Board so we can keep track of individual stocks that we discuss.

Updated:2006-03-03 09:48:20
DHB Industries Gets $54 Million Army Pact
AP
WESTBURY, N.Y. (AP) - DHB Industries Inc., maker of body armor and athletic padding, on Friday said its subsidiary Point Blank Armor has received a $54 million order from the Army for its Interceptor protective vest.


The vest protects the torso and can be worn alongside other protective outerwear. On Feb. 22, the DHB received a $14 million order from the Army for its Deltoid Axillary Protection System, which provides protection for arm and shoulder areas not covered by the Interceptor vest.


Shares of DHB were up 25 cents, or 5.5 percent to $4.82 in morning trading on the American Stock Exchange. The stock has traded in a 52-week range of $2.76 to $12.85.


thai626

Applause Melf!

DHB looks like a valid wolfewave.  Although the lead in is skimpy, I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary.  This one goes in my folder of wolfewaves because I want to keep track of how many actually pann out and why certain ones don't.  Thanks for the heads up!!  Keep it comin!!  >:D ;D ;D :)

Thai
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

calven

Okay folks - I dont know what to make of GW but something about it makes me see a WW

Need some help on this one...thoughts???
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Melf Elf

Quote from: thai626 on March 05, 2006, 05:40:15 PM
DHB looks like a valid wolfewave.  Although the lead in is skimpy, I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary.

Thai,

I'm not sure about that lead-in, but since the Metastock Explorer is programmed with the formula (thanks again to Wayne for helping me wth that), and they've identified it as a valid Wolfe Wave, it must meet the requiredments.

I still think it looks weak, though.  I don't like Friday's gap from 4.57-4.68 and the candlestick is a Bearish Inverted Hangman.

The high on Friday was 4.91.  The top of the Kumo (Cloud) on Friday was 4.935, so DHB backed off from there, and closed at 4.77.  That's looking like the gap is going to get filled.

Quote
This one goes in my folder of wolfewaves because I want to keep track of how many actually pann out and why certain ones don't

Great.  I'm real interested in seeing how they work out, too.

Quote
Thanks for the heads up!!  Keep it comin!!  >:D ;D ;D :)

Yeah, I have to remember to run the Explorer every day.  I've forgotten to do that quite a few times.  It would be great if The Explorer would give us some nice ones.  It gave me DROOY and KLAC around February 16, but for the life of me, I couldn't see a Wolfe Wave.

The Explorer only tells you that there's a WW, but it doesn't identify the waves, how big it is, etc.  For each day, it gives a number called "tang..."  I don't know if that means "tangent," or what.

???  ???  ???

It will look something like this.

Feb 1 ...0.0014
Feb 2...0.0014
Feb 5...0.0014
Feb 6...0.0014
Feb 7...0.0026

I figured that since the number changed on Feb 7, that must identify a wave, but it doesn't correlate to anything that looks to me like a Wolfe Wave.  That's why I had trouble seeing this little WW in DHB.

???  ???  ???

Anyway, if I get any more from the Explorer, I'll post it, and maybe we can figure it out.  ;D

Here's a close-up of the DHB Wolfe Wave.


Melf Elf

Quote from: calven on March 06, 2006, 02:12:51 AM
Okay folks - I dont know what to make of GW but something about it makes me see a WW

Need some help on this one...thoughts???

cal,

Where do you think the lead-in and the waves are?   ???

thai626

Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

thai626

Quote from: thai626 on March 09, 2006, 05:16:41 PM
Successful Wolfewave ;)



Maybe not!  I looked at this a little more closely and I don't have anything on record that says that SVA ever traded over 4.5.  Must be an error in stockchart.com charting software.

Excuse my last post. 

Thai
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

Melf Elf

Quote from: thai626 on March 09, 2006, 06:25:04 PM
Maybe not!  I looked at this a little more closely and I don't have anything on record that says that SVA ever traded over 4.5.  Must be an error in stockchart.com charting software.

Thai,

Just after I recently said to someone that I use Reuters and that I haven't noticed too many mistakes, they're showing the same thing as your chart, but another source I looked at shows the high at only about 4.00.

Thanks for being so thorough.  I wouldn't have noticed the mistake.  Applause.