3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

IESRQ - Sector: Capital Goods --- Industry: Construction Services

Started by setravis, November 21, 2005, 09:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stocks2watch2

Hi Gielda2003, I don't have a firm exit point. I'll be watching closely to see what it does if it breaks 1.00. If it does we might see a quick run up, if the daytraders jump on it. If that happens I will sell. If it just continues trading like it has the last few days, then I'm thinking somewhere between 1.51 50 day ma and 2.19 200 day ma.

gielda2003

Thanks stocks2watch2.
I believe $1 is a given today. I like the action so far - strong volume. If/when it breaks $1 will have a nice run up and most likely I will sell into it.
GLTY,
Gielda

setravis

I like the movement of the stock.
+9.09%......Volume now @ 874,300
EliteG.....Stacked G-Patterns
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

nita

This doesn't look good. >:(
Any idea how this will affect the stock price?
Thanks
Nita

Notice of Delisting or Transfer:
Item 3.01 Notice of Failure to Satisfy a Continued Listing Rule or Standard.
On December 5, 2005, Integrated Electrical Services, Inc. ("IES") received notice from the New York Stock Exchange (the "NYSE") that IES is not in compliance with the NYSE's continued listing requirement related to the 30-day average closing price for its common stock. The NYSE informed IES that the share price for its common stock is below the minimum $1.00 per share average closing price, based on its 30-day average share price of $0.94 as of December 2, 2005. In order to regain compliance with this requirement, IES must bring its share price and average share price above $1.00 by six months following its receipt of notification from the NYSE.

The NYSE also notified IES that its stock price traded as low as $0.40 per share during November 2005, which is considered by the NYSE to be "abnormally low" and that, while the share price has improved, a return to sustained trading at a level that is deemed by the NYSE to be "abnormally low" could require the NYSE to take action to conduct a more immediate qualitative listing assessment. Additionally, the NYSE advised IES that non-compliance with the NYSE-required market capitalization of at least $25 million on a sustained basis could result in the NYSE initiating suspension and delisting procedures with respect to IES' common stock.

Pursuant to the indenture related to IES' senior convertible notes, the delisting of IES' common stock from the NYSE, without a subsequent listing on the American Stock Exchange or qualification for trading on The NASDAQ National Market or The NASDAQ Small Cap Market, will result in a Fundamental Change. Thirty-five days after the occurrence of a Fundamental Change under the indenture, the holders of the senior convertible notes have the right to require IES to repurchase the notes. IES does not believe that it currently meets the listing standards of the American Stock Exchange, The NASDAQ National Market or The NASDAQ Small Cap Market. Additionally, IES does not currently have the cash necessary to repurchase the notes Furthermore, IES' credit facility restricts its ability to repurchase these notes. IES' inability to repurchase the notes could result in a cross default under the credit facility.

In the event IES' common stock is delisted from the NYSE, IES intends to make arrangements for the common stock to be quoted on the OTC Bulletin Board.



gielda2003

Nita,
Notice of Delisting or Transfer is a standard rule and it was expected to happen while the average price of IES shares has been below $1 for a 30 days period.
Like I said It was expected but every time it comes up it creates a panic sell   ???.
I sold this morning when the 5 day trend line was broken. I sold for a loss  :'( but I expect more selloff to come next week. The support is at $0.74 for now and it held. IMHO, next week, it will be tested again and if breaks it will go much lower. 
For me IES is a short term trade - that's the reason for me to bail out.

GLTY,

Gielda


wrangler

I'm still holding. Investors is getting worried and panic selling is going on which is making the market makers very happy. I plan on holding to see what happens for earnings release. The MACD still shows an upward trend and candlesticks shows it might be making another small g-pattern which setravis noted on I think the last chart he posted and if you look each time it made one it went higher then before, that is how a stock goes up. It doesn't go straight up it will go up and make a pull back, go up and make a pull back and keep repeating itself. It's like watching stairs being formed but when you see the opposite beginning to happen then it will be in an downward trend. I use the MACD trading system and the example I just gave is simular to it.
But what is most important is each time you buy you should have a plan for it or make one after buying and trade you're plan. It's good to ask for advise but you must make the decision of what you buy and when to sell.
Notice in the MACD box below the chart patterns when the MACD black line crossed over the moving average line going up that is an upward trend and it shows no sign of going back down yet. Look at the past movements of crossing over going up and going back down and you will see what I mean. If I should see the sign to sell happening then I will be ready to sell or if price hits a dollar before earnings then I will sell and if both doesn't happen then I'll hold to see what happens after earnings. Anyway next week should be the week I will know.
Goodluck trading to all :)
wrangler

stocks2watch2

 :( Not good, but as some have already said we knew it was coming. I'm a little more concerned since it is a NYSE stock, they are quicker and firmer with there actions. It will probally sell off Monday on the news. I sold 1/2 Thurs. aft. I will probally buy again Monday or Tuesday. I think it will have a couple good upside short term plays left.You can bet IES will do everything possible to keep from being delisted.Look for the PR'S to start coming out. I think with the soon to be released earnings coming out, we might not see a big sell off. This just possibly could be what takes it  back over a dollar! I have seen this happen many times. Good Luck.

gielda2003

#38
Hi s2w2,
I totally agree with you.  I didn't expect the notice to be issued so fast, lol. But like you said "...it is a NYSE stock..." not a NASDAQ. I believe some people new that it was coming now and they were pushing it down with big sells (level 2). Lesson learned.
Monday morning I see it going down further to retest the trend line at ~ $0.67. It should hold  :P or else...lol.


setravis

The commom investor paniced, plus there was some profit takers.IES Fundamentals are right.
Still Lots Of Institutions Holding IES.These are smart investors, who do not panic.
IMHO,If the NYSE wanted to delist them they would have done so already.
Not saying you should hold your shares,just giving you some info.Always do your own DD.  This is a minor thing in the life of an otherwise great Company.
IES is helping rebuild the S.E., IES manpower, equipment and
offices are already located in this area.

Institutional Ownership   
% Shares Owned 88.20
# of Institutions 78 
Total Shares Held (mil) 34.59

Major Holders Get Major Holders for: 
 
BREAKDOWN
 
% of Shares Held by All Insider and 5% Owners:  18%
% of Shares Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners:  111%
% of Float Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners:  134%
Number of Institutions Holding Shares:  78


MAJOR DIRECT HOLDERS (FORMS 3 & 4)

Holder                            Shares          Reported
ALLEN, HERBERT R.          404,000        28-Mar-05
RICE, BRITT                     311,086        22-Dec-03
HUMPHREY, RICH             73,694          7-Apr-05
CHINA, RICHARD L.           71,037          5-Mar-04
SIELBECK, ALAN R.           70,481          3-Oct-05


Technicals
Percentage Loser

Last Price Quote is:
2.23%above 13-day EMA
-38.39%below 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 1 

Fundamentals
Earnings Expected on Dec 14

Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $29.41 
P/E Ratio: NA 
PEG Ratio: -0.145 
Next Earnings: 12/14/2005
Last Analyst Rating: Market Perform








"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

stocks2watch2

Bought 10000 @ .62. We need .69 to be above the 25 m cap.

setravis

Hmmmmmm.....
This could be forming a Candlestick pattern.
1. Morning Star
2. Bullish Abandoned Baby
Depending on what this looks like at the close,and what tomorrow will bring...some hope,
Bullish reversal patterns though.


"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

gielda2003

#42
If it closes at $0.67 or higher, I might be buying tomorrow morning.
GLTA,

Gielda


wrangler

Looking good, Tomorrow should be a better day with earnings release  being after market closes. Like I have said, my plan is if it hits 1.00 before earnings release I'll sell but if it doesn't I'll hold and see what happens after earnings and hope it's a good report.
Goodluck trading to all :)
wrangler