3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

DIET

Started by brandyjoco, December 29, 2005, 08:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Still nothing out of DIET. Technically it wouldn't be nice if the stock were to break the $3.10 support on close. I'll continue holding DIET.

David Randolph

I'll sell DIET today due to my general market forecast. I was a fool in letting this go down so much (still didn't breach the money management 2% rule, so it's ok).

I'll still listen to that conference call, but will be more demanding on valuation multiples and much more conservative on forecasts.

soxguy

we have a diet sighting.

soxguy

Another diet sighting. A recovery underway?

soxguy

Another diet sighting. Huge increase in volume. Meaningful? Up 70 cents from the low on tuesday.

ygtrdr

Something's going on with DIET. May look to enter on Monday.

soxguy

I never sold my position,so i watch this closely. It started moving after they announced those terrible earnings. But,as David said,it's not about the earnings as much as it's about the plan going forward. Obviously someone is optimistic. We shall see. My cost basis is 3.85. Hope to see that soon.

soxguy

Diet up again,5th day in a row.

traderjbr

DIET pretty strong past several days?

soxguy


traderjbr

Sliced right through 3 significant layers of resistance with ease,very impressive price/volume action.Nice going soxguy!

soxguy

Up another 2.13%. At this point i'm just along for the ride.The last 2 weeks have been fun though.

ScottishTrader

Ascending trednline intact on DIET on the 30 minute chart.  Look for a break of this trendline to signal consolidation or a pullback.  Would seem to me to be an appropriate point to take some off the table after a significant run.

soxguy

Thanks for the heads up. I'd love to sell at $4 though. We'll see.

Ares

#344
I'm just wondering if anyone here uses the linear regression/rsi(2).

I'm still learning how to use this tool.

This is what I see for DIET

These are the current regression lines I see.

3.83 = 5th line (top)

3.56 = 4th line

3.50 = Daily support/resistance congestion area.

3.30 = 3rd line

3.02 = 2nd line

2.76 = 1st line (bottom)

RSI(2) is below 20 and close to 0.

Does this mean that 3.50 is the bounce area or is the price still heading for 3.30 for the bounce?

What I also see is a sideways linear regression line.

The pullback is on it's 3rd day with a short inverted hammer on low volume.

Any comments on this risk rewar plan?

Buy at 3.30 with a stop at 3.20
risk = 10 cents

Sell at 3.56
reward = 0.26 cents

Sell at 3.83 if it breaks 3.56 (3.46 trailing stop)
reward = 0.53 cents

If it breaks 3.83 and top linear regression line rose above 3.83 (3.73 trailing stop) or sell when price hits the top regression line with RSI(2) above 80.
reward = ?
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.