3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

G's Place

Started by eliteG, January 09, 2006, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gri64

Thank you eliteG and Lucas Scott,

I bought today PMED @ 0.19 and re-enter to PTSC @0.47.
Maybe on my own risk, I'll hold both stock one more day... (I can't perform more than 3 daytrades in 5 days).

Good questions, digdug42. I also would like to know, what usually happens before  dividend payment day???

Lucas Scott

I was confused about the dividend date requirements myself. I found some good info here:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/110802.asp

Based on this info, today is the last day a buyer can purchase the stock and receive the dividend. Those who sold today will not receive the dividend - the buyer will get it.

Anyone holding the stock after the close today will receive the dividend. If you sell tomorrow, you will still receive the dividend.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

eliteG

hmm wanted to point out VRDM looks nice and man oh man check out the run RSMI has been having

higherstocks

Hey Elite, VRDM noticed it also today.  I bought in.  >:D

nmbr1ballr

Damn I woulda been up another 4k today if I didn't sell my PTSC at .44.  Sure hope this NIHK makes it worth it. 

higherstocks

VRDM should have a big week this week.  >:D  Alternative energy is the big talk right now with Bush Administration and they just made a big order.  Tomomorrow we should see this thing close above the 200 day and then look out.

eliteG

PTSC - amazing chart.. didnt want to mess it up with any TA

NIHK - tomorrow needs to see volume come in.. we are right on the trendline.. come on Nighthawk  >:D


slomo007

Any thoughts on POGI elite? 




The 50/200 day crossed today.  Also, I noticed the volume slowly increasing over the past few days.  The quote displayed here is delayed a little, it actually closed at .27.

Lucas Scott

I sold 1/3 of my PTSC just before the close @ 61.9 - 154% on the shares bought @ 24.4. In doing so I forfeit $100 in dividend money, but I'm uncertain about how tomorrow will go since the dividend will no longer be in play. I am not experienced with dividend scenarios and their effect on trading. The 2/3 shares I hold with a basis of 21.9 are now "free" (though I don't really buy into the free shares/house money philosophy - if the stock fell to zero I would be pissed - it's my money now, not the house's!!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

gri64

#669
Quote from: Lucas Scott on February 21, 2006, 03:34:29 PM
I was confused about the dividend date requirements myself. I found some good info here:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/110802.asp

Based on this info, today is the last day a buyer can purchase the stock and receive the dividend. Those who sold today will not receive the dividend - the buyer will get it.

Anyone holding the stock after the close today will receive the dividend. If you sell tomorrow, you will still receive the dividend.

So, tomorrow will be (or could be) a huge sell-off and it was wise to sell PTSC today before the close ??? In other words, if I don't need dividend (today I bought a small amount of stocks), but want to get profit I had to sell PTSC today... Am I wrong?  ???

doyerdiligence

The dividend will be paid on March 22 to shareholders of record Feb. 24.
looks like you will have to hold through the weekend if you want the dividend
Increased Liquidity found at www.otcmovers.com

higherstocks

Well we closed at the 200 day moving average.  Look for a gap up tommorrow morning price target of .16.  The volume was huge today and with a o/s of only 45 million shares this should be a skyrocket penny.  The biggest thing to look at with stocks is the o/s.

echo

Which stock are you talking about higherstocks?
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

cjm

PTSC will continue to run up tomorrow. They just announced today that Casio has agreed to a licensing agreement similar to HP.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060221/20060221005571.html?.v=1

runner2847

Hey guys,
Yeah Lucas Im relieved PMED still looks strong. Im sitting just a hair below break even right now. Sure wish I had my ptsc though. I had a feeling that thing was goign to still be stong but I didnt want to make the mistake of not taking some nice profits while I had them. Anyways congrats to those who hit it. Hopefully PMED will get the job done for me the next couple of days.