3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

INSM

Started by David Randolph, January 18, 2006, 08:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawFund

#60
For bio play, I prefer EPIX.

Its medicine already approved in Europe and approved in USA but needs additional Phase III result.

Its shares have dropped from a high of $25 to a low of < $4 and is in recovering stage.

Look at ELN, it recovered from $3.5 to $13 and I believe EPIX may be doing the same.




netfishmademerich

I think it is a good time to buy some INSM.  I'd use a very tight stop, but it appears ready for an advance now.

ScottishTrader

#62
Looks like the bodybuilders who like to dabble in anabolic steroids are also REALLY looking forward to getting their hands on Insmed's drugs as well.

Maybe a little of an aside, but makes for some interesting reading as to what their drugs actually do:

http://www.anabolex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154120

Also, having a look at their website - what looks to be really interesting and have major potential is IPlex's efficacy in reducing insulin requirements for diabetics. It looks like they have completed Phase II trials for IPlex application to diabetes, and the results are fairly convincing so far.  If Insmed get approval for this application, then they could have a HUGE drug on their hands :o

http://www.insmed.com/secondary.asp?title=Clinical%20Trials&section=productpipeline&ptype=Diabetes

and they are represented on the panel for a Diabetes Session next week -
http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=1600811390&tid=insm&sid=1600811390&mid=65272

looks like their approach could stir some interest, approval of Phase III may not be too far away.

David Randolph

I was reading about INSM's pipeline but I don't have time to study it now (it looks very promising, and the website is great).

If you have time, take a look at INSM's pipeline and possibly buy it for the long term as I did  :)

422fwhp

Three soldiers are a welcome sight!  Looking good so far.


Lucas Scott

David, that's a small pipeline - 2 drugs ??? And Drug #2 is just entering Phase I. It looks bigger than it is because they list several potential applications for Drug #1 (IPLEX).
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

ScottishTrader

But considering that IPlex could have major applications, it really ain't too bad - I mean just look at the run VPHM has had off of its one drug (and they didn't even develop it!!)  I agree that for a 2 drug company its been a long time in the making, but IPlex has the potential to be very big in a lot of different areas, just as long as people who take it for diabetes don't end up being enormous!!!

Lucas Scott

Limit order to sell at $2.50 just missed by 2 cents. I had to settle for $2.40.  I think it will retest the recent $2.10 low. I will reevaluate next week to determine a re-entry.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.


beroznikmal

#69
I have been holding ever since David had recommended this stock. But, I am more and more convinced that this is forming a head and shoulder pattern. Or could it be that INSM is trying to fill the gap at $2.25?

Thanks
Beroz
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

Lucas Scott

Beroz - interesting chart. I hadn't noticed the H&S. Looks like that might be what we're seeing. I said I sold on Friday, but actually got left with a partial position. 3/4 of my shares sold at $2.40 but they didn't take my last 300. I hate partial fills!! >:(   
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

beroznikmal

Looks like INSM is at a very critical point. Closed a tad bit above TL1 and the Neck. Tomorrow will be very interesting.....  :P
I have a decent position and my average is at $2.83. lets see if shit hits the fan tomorrow....
The $compq closed right above the support line. tomorrow will truly be interesting.....

Thanks
Beroz
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

KCScott

I'm in at $2.17 for 2,500 shares and looking to add another 2,500

Is this a Bull Pennant Formation or a Symetrical Triangle?

Either way their both continuation patterns, so "Rock On" INSM

Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

David Randolph

Nice chart KCScott  :)

INSM is still trading around the 50% Fibonacci retracement level. It looks like investor's are expecting some more news to move the stock. iPlex's commercialization process is set to start somewhere in the second quarter so between now and then there will be a press release from the company regarding this issue.

I hope they give us some more details about iPlex's market (just for the Severe Primary IGF-1 Deficiency) and for other possible applications for the drug going forward, like the one mentioned by ScottishTrader (diabetes).

Technically the 50 day moving average is providing support, as it should. I'll continue holding INSM.

rickjust

hi,
long term chart for insm shows a Cup and handle forming. i hope so, like to see it make a move before the end of the contest.
thanks
maxi