3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GRA

Started by fous, January 25, 2006, 03:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas Scott

hey Fous - resurrecting this old play. Looks like it would make a nice SHORT soon. RSI just reached overheated territory and its testing the top of its flag/channel. If it breaks out of that channel, I'd look at going long as the implied target would be in the high 20's.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Lucas Scott

Yo Fousto - GRA is setting up for a move higher after last Wednesday's breakout. Time to buy for a ride to $30?  btw I shorted at 12.77 per my previous post and stopped out at 13.77 not long after. Now I'm thinking I can get a refund on the long side.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

fous

Quote from: Lucas Scott on April 24, 2006, 02:45:33 AM
Yo Fousto - GRA is setting up for a move higher after last Wednesday's breakout. Time to buy for a ride to $30?  btw I shorted at 12.77 per my previous post and stopped out at 13.77 not long after. Now I'm thinking I can get a refund on the long side.

Damn i missed it Lucas! i was watching this one again once ou reposted on it near the resitence level. Oh well its hard to catch every train  >:D. Looks like GRA had a great 05 financially which boosted the sentiment to push it to a new 52wk high.

For the fiscal year ended 31 December 2005, W.R. Grace & Co.'s revenues rose 14% to $2.57B. Net income totaled $67.3M vs. a loss of $402.3M. Revenues reflect increased sales from both Davison Chemicals & Performance Chemicals business divisions, improved product mix and higher volumes in all geographic divisions. Net income reflects the absence of provision for asbestos related litigation expense and improved operating margins.

Technically GRA broke out of its tall descending channel and broke long term resitence around 15. I think i good entry would be in the low 15's near the middle of the tall white candle which just happend and is also longterm support.

I will probably buy this one if i get a chance to in the low 15's. I think this has the capablity to continue its climb to 20$ in the future.

Way to keep this board active Lucas(applauds) too bad on the Short  >:D. Hopefully you'll make it back on the long side.  Did you buy in?

-fous
trade it like you mean it!

Lucas Scott

Nope I don't own it. I didn't see the pop on Wednesday until after the fact. I had considered going long when I covered my short a few weeks back but I didn't do it. $15.49 was the high in Nov 2004. I'll be looking to enter there. 
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

njshiva


rayongthai

WOW...i am en engineer and i've used several Grace products in the past. I used to own this one a couple of years ago when it was trading under $2!!!....I sold too soon obviously.

njshiva