3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Gambler's Mirror trades

Started by gambler2075, February 17, 2006, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gambler2075

I also believe that Avii has bottomed here at 6.19.

should be good for 50 c.

g

gambler2075

At this point I would take the 3% on vsgn (3.03 now) and buy avii, which I believe has some legs left for today.

glta
g

gambler2075

Holding this one over the w/e for BF news.

g

gambler2075

Scrounged up a few K to by 1K shares of navr at 3.42... I think this one bounces 10%.

g

gambler2075

Sold the rest of my avii flat to buy navr. Now 100% in navr. 3.42-3.45

gambler2075

Somebody is REALLY trying to hold navr down... 48K on the ask, and another 10K at 3.48?

This is just like what happened when I was watching avii this morning. Somebody put in ~100K shares on the ask at 6.24... then when all the selling died down, the removed the block, and whammo... up another 20c...

g

gambler2075

Quote from: gambler2075 on March 09, 2006, 04:26:13 PM
I feel like I am fighting for 1-2% plays here... I guess maybe that is all the markets are going to give me.

Looking back on when I sold at least I did ok picking tops... but maybe I need to adjust my trading style for this market. It's like pulling teeth here.

g

wanted to get back in on vsgn today at 3.08... I think this may take out the 3$ stops, then move up nicely tomorrow. This would be a buy at 3.00 and a sell at maybe 3.15+ tomorrow. In no way would I ever hold over the weekend.

Yep... vsgn trading according to plan... like I said, never hold through the expected news... Just like rheo was destroyed when the second news came out on march 9th (buy the rumor, sell the news)

so will vsgn be destroyed monday. Hope nobody held over the w/e.

g

gambler2075

Hehe... forgot to post the PR:
I'm guessing this gets opens well below 2 tomorrow. I'll hazard a prediction... (not planning to trade this one, but just a guess)... Whatever it opens at at 8:02am will be a buy... the stock should be bought at 802am and sold at about 9am, probably will get a 20% return over that period of time.

g

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060312/to055.html?.v=25

Vasogen Announces Results from Phase III SIMPADICO Trial in Peripheral Arterial Disease
Sunday March 12, 2:45 pm ET 
- Study Did Not Meet Primary Endpoint -
- Celacade Significantly Reduced C-Reactive Protein, a Widely Recognized Marker of Systemic Inflammation and Cardiovascular Risk -

gambler2075

Still all in on navr... looks to be setting up for a decent bounce.

We will see.

g

gambler2075

Sold it all (navr) to go all in on emrg...

0.48

g

gambler2075

emrg... now that was entertaining. Selling tomorrow.

g

gambler2075

Will undoubtedly be hyped on the 6pm evening news... should be good for another 10% over the close.

g

gambler2075

NAVR... the one that got away... lol

Sold my emrg at 0.43 today. Ouch.
I've realized that while I am decent at calling bottoms, I absolutely suck at trying to buy in on momo. So I'm modifying my trading style to eliminate trying to play those types of stocks.

AVII... also got away... lol (bought at 6.28, sold at 6.30ish)...
LIOX: sucked... tried to catch the momo wave.

I guess upon further inspection I try several "classes" of plays.

1. Over sold, stock down about 30% in a week, no news expected. (ex: NAVR (twice), SNDK)

2. Slam plays: stocks that got crushed on some news, then fell for about 10 trading days (RHEO as well)

3. Stocks that are running into imminent news/results... (VSGN, MIVA)

4. Momo stocks: Note: I absolutely suck at trying to play these (ex: liox, emrg)

So I've now given up on trying to play category 4 stocks.

Current play: PXT. Extremely risky stock. I've bought 6.5k shares at 3.18... all or nothing here.

Wish me luck. Requesting "Gambler was a good trader, but lacked risk management strategies" on my epitaph.

thx.
g

gambler2075

Also bought b/c of thecontrariantrader.com

http://www.thecontrariantrader.com

He picked rheo at 3.44... perfect pick. Also picking pxt.

03/08/06- PXT- Upgrade/Strong
Buy.We are upgrading PXT to a Strong
Buy. We have an initial price target of
$4.08 This reflects the first major
resistance level. We have been
accumulating shares. Our upgrade is
based upon the severe oversold
condition and the over reaction to
recent opinion based news by both
media and financial sources. The stock
is in a consolidation phase and is
poised for a test of resitance. We have
recomended PXT as a "Speculative
Long Trade" to out members. We make
no market in this stock.

gambler2075

IMHO siri is a buy here if you want.. 4.47... should be able to get 4.60 tomorrow.

g