3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Gambler's Mirror trades

Started by gambler2075, February 17, 2006, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gambler2075

Some fairly large buys coming in on pxt... 20k, 60k at 3.18.

g

gambler2075

Had a second account that I don't usually trade much with and is small enough that I don't really consider it part of my real acct... fwiw sold 700 navr at 3.84 yesterday (bought 3.42-5), bought 850 more pxt at 3.17.

Also, the chief trader in my group is on vaca until april so there is a shortage of "mirror" trades. A few of the other pro traders are still posting so I will try to add more mirror trades.

g


gambler2075

PXT looking very good here... volume yesterday was an indicator... also the stock was rebought by thecontrarian trader... should go up 30-40% from here.

g

gambler2075

Sold pxt at 3.31, + 1K
bought gnta 2.14 this morning. check the thread in the "stock picks" forum...
g

gambler2075

sold gnta 2.19

then bought gems, sold with a slight profit.

now in on medc... looks like it is due for a bounce.
0.62-63.

g

gambler2075

SIRI: trading like predicted... now at 4.64 premarket. knew it was o/s but I called it 1-2 days early.

g

gambler2075

I don't trust siri... would get out with the 3-5% profit at 4.63 or so now if you are in it.

g

gambler2075


gambler2075

vphm... this is a tough call.
I'd get out 13.65. right now

gambler2075

looking for reentry below 13... prob fake bounce at 13.

g

gambler2075

Looking for gnta reentry low 2.03-2.05

g

gambler2075

fake bounce in progress... should go below 13.

g

gambler2075

Still in medc...

waiting for 75 to get out.

g

gambler2075

learned my lesson on medc ... sold at 0.58-9... can't play these low-floaters waiting for a bounce. My personality won't let me. I don't have the patience to wait it out.

-1.3k on this trade...
g

gambler2075

Bought 6k of sva at 4.04-7... this is a "run into expected news" play... which I like

basically, they are having their conference on the 22nd which should give news about their vaccines, including the BF vaccine.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060227/lnm006.html?.v=3

I'm almost 100% sure that they will give preliminary results of their BF vaccine at this time, which should be good. However, in light of the fact that I love to play "run into news" plays, I also never hold through the news. So the plan is to sell on the 21st, especially if it has already run up.

Also this weekend gives 3 days of bird flu news... lol

g

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051221/sinovac_bird_flu_study.html?.v=1

Sinovac said it expects this first study to take nine months, though preliminary results will be available in March. The trial includes 120 healthy volunteers between the ages of 18 and 60. The company said it has already given the vaccine to six volunteers at a hospital in Beijing.